PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Specials

eeyoreland
01-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I think I got a good deal. At least I was happy with it. So thought I'd pass the info along. Sorry if it's already posted here someplace. I got a mid-size car from Alamo for $172 TOTAL for 8 days the end of January. From their home page and over to the right it said last minute specials. You have to book by January 12 (I think) and use the car before the end of January. I budgeted $350 so that's why I'm happy. I think I'm going to use some of the money I saved to splurge on Ridemax.

PatMcDuck
01-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I booked their $10/day deal on compact-Premium cars (I booked full size). I have a car in San Diego for Thur-Sun for $48, and that includes free 2nd driver (using Costco code/ we are members).

Disneyhappy
01-03-2009, 08:38 AM
You got a great deal. I also booked the $10/day weekend special for Marathon weekend next weekend. My rate is $36 for a premium car.

I have one tip with Alamo. Always check your rates starting one month out using code ORLESS. It almost always gives me the best rates the closer to my reservation date. I prefer National as I am executive status but I switch last minute many times to Alamo using the ORLESS for contract ID. Good Luck!