PDA

View Full Version : To the wonderful TB person who told me.....

lisadr
01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
about the trick with the 2 cups of hot water and napkins to alleviate ear pain-THANK YOU!! I had almost forgotten about this-but on our recent trip my DD was in tears and nothing (earplanes, gum, lollipops, etc.) was working. Then I remembered something I read here and -like magic-it worked. I just wanted to come back and say THANK YOU:worship: .

Tina
01-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I missed that post. Can you fill me in? What exactly do you do with the water and napkins?

lisadr
01-02-2009, 09:23 PM
I missed that post. Can you fill me in? What exactly do you do with the water and napkins?

You ask for 2 coffee cups with a little bit of hot water in them(very little) and napkins. You put the napkins in the cup to soak up all the water and then put the cups over the ears. I think it's the steam that helps relieve the pressure -but nothing worked for my DD and this helped immediately! I think the flight attendant had heard of this before because she knew exactly what I needed and how to set up the cups. Just be very careful all the water is absorbed and the napkins are not over saturated so the child doesn't get burned. you only need about a 1/4 inch of water or less in the cup.

aquaticmom
01-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I posted in response to someone's question a few weeks ago about asking for the cups with the warm paper towels. I'm not sure it was the thread you were talking about or not. It is the only thing that works for my daughter. Like you said, the flight attendants know exactly why your asking for it. Now we have another way to identify fellow Dis'ers, the ones with cups sticking to their ears during landing. :goodvibes

lisadr
01-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I posted in response to someone's question a few weeks ago about asking for the cups with the warm paper towels. I'm not sure it was the thread you were talking about or not. It is the only thing that works for my daughter. Like you said, the flight attendants know exactly why your asking for it. Now we have another way to identify fellow Dis'ers, the ones with cups sticking to their ears during landing. :goodvibes

:laughing: SO true, so true!

darty
01-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I will have to remember that. Last trip my granddaughter was crying her ears hurt so much. This time there will be 4 little grandkids.
Thanks!