PDA

View Full Version : Closest vacation homes to Universal?

torinsmom
01-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I want to stay in a vacation home for our trip in July. I know there are not vacation home rentals in the universal area, but can anyone point me to the closest ones? I would think something close to I-4 would be ideal.

Please don't try to talk me into staying onsite. I know it is really cool, but two rooms at those rates would get me two nights vs. one week in a rental home.

Marsha

damo
01-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I have heard that Westgate is close-ish.

Metro West
01-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I think the closest vacation homes would be located around the Disney area mainly because of the neighborhoods around Universal aren't zoned for rental properties.

momto4obkids
01-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Vista Cay is close to Universal, but they are condo's and townhomes.

www.vistacayresort.com

www.*****************

you can also find owners to rent from on www.vrbo.com

torinsmom
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
When I look up Vista Cay, it still looks like 20 minutes to Universal. I wish I could find one somewhat closer, so I could go back for a midday break.

Marsha

Metro West
01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
When I look up Vista Cay, it still looks like 20 minutes to Universal. I wish I could find one somewhat closer, so I could go back for a midday break.

MarshaYeah...those are in the Convention Center area and right in the middle of the I-Drive traffic. Other than Westgate on Turkey Lake Road, I'm not sure if there is anything closer...and those are timeshares I believe.

torinsmom
01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, thanks anyway. I guess I will stick with the one off East Osceola. You can't beat $595 for a 4/3 with a pool. Mapquest says 15 miles from Universal and 22 minutes. I guess considering it took us almost that to get back to Pop Century when we drove to the parks, it really isn't that bad.

Marsha

donaldduck352
01-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Well, thanks anyway. I guess I will stick with the one off East Osceola. You can't beat $595 for a 4/3 with a pool. Mapquest says 15 miles from Universal and 22 minutes. I guess considering it took us almost that to get back to Pop Century when we drove to the parks, it really isn't that bad.

Marsha

With mapquest that is a estimated time..In june all bets are off as far as traffic and EST's..

The 4/3 for$595 sounds good till you see the real traffic time-there is know going back and relaxe time at that time of year!!IMO only

zenshome
01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I would try Lastminutevillas.net you could put that into your special requirements section for the request to the homeowners.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dave

mareed
01-06-2009, 12:59 PM

Marsha

We stayed at Vista Cay in March 2008 for a Universal & Sea World vacation. The front entrance to the resort is not on I-Drive. I don't recall the street, but you can easily get to Universal and avoid I-Drive completely. The back entrance to the resort is from I-Drive next to the Convention center. It was a very quick, easy drive to Universal from Vista Cay and I think you could easily do mid-day breaks. It's got to be so much better than any place that's 15 miles away!