PDA

View Full Version : Taxi, Taxi....

PACVII
01-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Has anyone gotten a taxi to go off property to go to a grocery store? How much was the ride and any idea where the closest place is?

laughinplace199
01-03-2009, 09:39 AM
You might want to consider having groceries delivered from gardengrocer or wegoshop. I'm sure the delivery fee would be equal to, if not cheaper than, a RT cab ride to a grocery store. Plus, it saves you some precious vacation time as well.

darty
01-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I was going to have water, soda, (can't stand fountain soda) and breakfast items delivered from Staples, except the hotels (Don't know about DVC) are now charging for package deliveries. I heard $5 per package. If I have 3 cases of water, and some breakfast items and Coke, I figure that will be $5 x 5 = $25.00. So I considered getting a cab. I didn't know about gardengrocer and wegoshop, but I assume I would be charged for their deliveries also.

Anyone know how much it would be for a taxi to the grocery store?

dburg30
01-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Well, I've had a $12-15 cab trip on site, and I think delivery fees are maybe $12 for one of the services?

Alexander
01-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Highly recommend wegoshop. Marge is great! She will deliver right to your room. I can guarantee her delivery fee is less that what you're going to pay for a cab! Downtown Disney to the Boardwalk Villas cost me $12 plus tip.