PDA

View Full Version : Alamo/Premium Level

Cinderella2004
01-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone!

We got the great $10/weekend day rate for a premium car through Alamo.

I usually go for 10 days so we get a mid-size SUV to be sure we have plenty of luggage room ;) .

I've never even looked at the premium aisle (just want to get in our car and GOOOO!!)

Anyone with any experience want to comment on what types of cars are usually in the Premium aisle?

It's the first time I get to pick!!! LOL!!!!

BWVPam
01-02-2009, 07:58 PM
I would be interested in knowing this as well. Booked it for an upcoming trip to Dallas and got the premium car since they were all the same pric e.

laughinplace199
01-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Bumping this up for you.

I'm in the same boat...er, car rental aisle, as you are. We usually rent a minivan, but DH & I are doing a quick, kid-free weekend trip so no minivan required!

Cinderella2004
01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Shamelessly bumping....;)

Anyone?

Disneyhappy
01-04-2009, 12:59 PM
According to the Alamo and National websites, a premium car is a Buick Lucerne or similar make and model. I usually book National Executive aisle but couldn't turn down the $10/day rate for next weekend with Alamo. The executive aisle always has really nice cars but I am thinking the premium aisle will be an upgrade as I don't recall seeing too many Buick Lucernes in the executive aisle.

jlewisinsyr
01-04-2009, 01:08 PM
When my partner took his sister, brother and nephew for Florida, in the National Premium aisle there were Lucernes and tons of Avalons. They took the Avalon. I would assume Alamo would offer similar vehicles.