PDA

View Full Version : 2009's What have you've seen on the Emerald Aisle?

mkymouse4ever
01-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Happy New Year 2009!!

Let's start the new year off again, with the Emerald Aisle 2009 version!

mky:cutie:

mkymouse4ever
01-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Link to 2008 version:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29416416#post29416416

soontobewed07
01-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Subbing although the prices are CRAZY!!!!!:scared1:

mkymouse4ever
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I haven't found anything cheaper than I paid last year. Maybe when march gets closer? :idea:

MinnieForMe
01-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Is there a 2009 codes thread out there? I really enjoyed renting through National last year and plan on doing it again this April. Anyone know of a good code?
Thanks in advance.

pumpkinboy
01-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Why I've seen Shamrocks and Leprechauns, of course! ... oh wait, that'd be the Emerald "Isle".

Nevermind ;)

Sillyminny40
01-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Why I've seen Shamrocks and Leprechauns, of course! ... oh wait, that'd be the Emerald "Isle".

Nevermind ;)
Anyone got codes for Feb 2009?

5 Disney Fans
01-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Can someone explain the Emerald Aisle to me.

Sorry to post such a naive (dumb :confused3 ) question.

I am and Emerald Club member but haven't used the Emerald Aisle before. I travel with my DH and 3 kids so we need at least a mid-sized car but we usually rent a mini-van.

T

dudspizza
01-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Can someone explain the Emerald Aisle to me.

Sorry to post such a naive (dumb :confused3 ) question.

I am and Emerald Club member but haven't used the Emerald Aisle before. I travel with my DH and 3 kids so we need at least a mid-sized car but we usually rent a mini-van.

T

It is awesome! You log in to nationalcar.com and make a reservation. For Emerald Aisle, you reserve a "mid size" car. You are then given what is called "Aisle" service. You get off the plane, grab your luggage and head straight for the parking garage. When there, you go to the aisle labeled "Emerald Aisle" and you can choose ANY car on that aisle. It will mostly be mid-sized cars, but there can be upgrades as well. I got a mini-van on our last trip. You then drive to the exit booth and hand them the hang tag off of the mirror and your information. I usually hand them my DL and Emerald Club card. Off you go! Simple!

Duds

dudspizza
01-08-2009, 08:52 AM

The entertainment book has codes.

Also, see www.rentalcodes.com for many codes.

Duds

Brian Noble
01-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I have an employer-specific one that's usually very good, but even this year is >$300 for an 8-day rental *after* P-Week, even with the $30 coupon.

I have a back up with Alamo through Southwest's current promotion for about $240, which is what I normally expect to get National EA for---I'm hoping that Natl. will blink before my trip arrives.

PinkTink63
01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
popcorn:: Hoping for codes for Aug.!

KJ Luvs Pluto
01-16-2009, 06:26 AM
On 1/6/09 they only had mid-size cars :sad1:. Of course that is what I paid for and I really shouldn't have expected anything else, but in the past there has always been a variety of other vehicles on the aisle. This time - no. Only Impalas. It was about 1:30 p.m. and just after a very busy time so maybe a day or two later there would have been more choices. So that was my experience this time.

DebbieB
01-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Impalas are classified as full size, so that is a one class upgrade from intermediate. I personally love the Impala, I always pick it if it's one there.

KJ Luvs Pluto
01-16-2009, 12:36 PM
I didn't know they were full size. I always just click on the mid-size so I can go to the Emerald Aisle and just pick whatever car they might have that I want and I never paid attention to what type of car the mid size was. Since all they had were the Impalas except for one, I thought that was the mid-size. Well - I guess I got an upgrade then. There was one G6 (? on the name, I'm not good with cars) but there were no keys for it and I didn't want to wait around for someone to help find the keys. That did look like a smaller car and maybe better on gas mileage. Thanks for the info - I always learn something new here on the Boards.

Jcricket Fan
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
We picked up our car on 1/7/09 (Weds.) at 11:15am I have never seen the aisle so full before!

Many Impalas, G6's, A Vue and several beautiful Altimas. We took a red Altima with 6k miles on it. Very cool no key start just push a button! My mother has a 2007 Altima but it has a key to start it so this was very interesting.

I drive a car with duct tape holding it together so anytime I get to drive a new fangled car I love :cheer2: it!

Colleen

CarolA
01-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Walked the asile on B on 1/8 at around 2 PM.

Malibu, Malibu and Malibu

NCRedding
01-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Side B 1/14 (Wednesday night) at 9:30. only 7 cars on the entire aisle. One bright red Avenger, 1 grey Altima; the rest were white Malibus.

docsnort
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Compared to Colleens experience ours was the exact opposite.

We arrived on Sat 1/17 at aprox 7:45 PM. Walked in just in time to see the last car on the aisle(a G6) driving off into the sunset. The EA was completely empty! Waited a few minutes and were told to choose something from the midsize/compact aisles. Ended up with a Saturn Aura. Nice car with plenty of trunk space! I never asked about taking a car from the executive aisle section.

n2mm
01-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Just returned:

Picked up Side B on Saturday 1/17/09 @ 1:00 PM and only sedans on both Executive and Emerald Aisles. Intermediates on Emerald Aisles and full size only on Executive Aisle. Both aisles were very empty, about 10-15 cars on each side. We are Exec aisle members and were glad we were this trip. We took a Ford Tauras (yes they now have Fords). It was a limited edition and was classified as a premium. It was a great car and the heated seats came in handy when the temperatures were in the 20s and 30s in the morning. (Never thought I would have to use a heated seat during a trip to WDW). So no SUVs, no minivans, no crossovers. There was a convertible on the Executive Aisle.

On Saturday 1/24/09 -- side B @ 4:30 PM we dropped off. We stopped at the aisle to check to see if we just picked up on a bad day because of the lack of stock and selection. This time both aisles were filled as far as the eye could see, however, only intermediate cars on the emerald aisle and only full size cars on the executive aisle. No SUVs, no minivans, no crossovers. So anyone hoping for bigger than an intermediate if emerald aisle members may be disappointed. We were glad to be executive aisle members (3+ yrs) and glad that we got what was expected -- a full size car. It did have all of the bells and whistles and we only own fords, so we were happy and it was a great car. BTW -- it was brand new and only had 166 miles on it and still had the new car smell.

Good luck, but please prepare to get what you reserved if using either aisle or have a back up plan.

mkymouse4ever
01-26-2009, 02:54 PM
n2mm, thanks for your report. Did you notice which model of cars where on the aisle? I know you said ford but what type? Also, we are considering changing to E. reserve: did you notice what kind of convertible they have at MCO now? It had been VW beetles, and sybrings. I would change if they still had the VW, Did you notice?

thanks so much for your help, mky:cutie:

n2mm
01-27-2009, 05:25 AM
n2mm, thanks for your report. Did you notice which model of cars where on the aisle? I know you said ford but what type? Also, we are considering changing to E. reserve: did you notice what kind of convertible they have at MCO now? It had been VW beetles, and sybrings. I would change if they still had the VW, Did you notice?

thanks so much for your help, mky:cutie:

There still seems to be the old selection (impalas, G-6) and the Fords were new. We too are curious what other types of Fords they are carrying as we would love to try out the Edge and some of their other new ones. The only convertible we saw that was on the Exec Aisle was not a VW. It looked like a Chrysler. We got the Ford Taurus Limited edition which was loaded and was a great car. It had all of the bells and whistles and was a 2009 with 144 miles on it and a new car smell. We mostly look down the aisle to see if there is anything bigger than a full size vechile and there was nothing bigger than full size on either the Executive Aisle or the Emerald Aisle and that was on our pickup day and on our drop off day. I'm hoping that they will still put SUVs and minivans on the aisle, but after some recent posts and our post I'm curious now if things are going to change. We need a minivan for our May trip, so may also have to do Emerald Reserve.

Bronte
01-28-2009, 04:50 PM
We just booked National for the first time ...

May 30 through June 9 (am pickup ... pm drop off at airport)

$340.69 total for a midsize ... our confirmation does say "AISLE"

Did I get a good rate ????

Might there be coupons that can be applied to this as well ???

Thanks for any help ...

petchie
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
B side - Imapala

Lots of them

DonnaL
01-28-2009, 07:03 PM
We used the EA 1/2/09 to 1/11/09.....our total for nine days was $225 out the door.....and we got a sweet midnight blue Volvo S40......parked just as nice as could be at the end of the EA. Very nice car, however, was a bit tight for 4 of us......would have been great for two. I actually don't think DH would have taken it if our two sons hadn't insisted on it (they're 27 and 19).......there were
quite a few larger mid size.... Chevy Malibu's I think.....and I know he would have preferred something a little bigger (DH is over 6' tall and very broad and the Volvo just didn't cut it for him). Still........it was a nice car for a good price.........

Armadillo4
01-29-2009, 04:52 AM
Picked up Side B on Saturday 1/17/09 @ 1:00 PM and only sedans on both Executive and Emerald Aisles. Intermediates on Emerald Aisles and full size only on Executive Aisle. Both aisles were very empty, about 10-15 cars on each side. (snip) ...no SUVs, no minivans, no crossovers. There was a convertible on the Executive Aisle.

On Saturday 1/24/09 -- side B @ 4:30 PM we dropped off. ...No SUVs, no minivans, no crossovers.
Good luck, but please prepare to get what you reserved if using either aisle or have a back up plan.
Our dates and experience were similar to n2mm's post above. Picked up Side B on 1/17/09 and dropped off on 1/22/09. It was sedans-only in both EA and Exec. Selection. Although, the EA was full both times--we arrived at 8am on Saturday (from a red-eye flight). Lots of Malibus, Auras, Cobalts. Some G6s, Corollas, one or two Camrys, and a few Avengers and Impalas. There were two convertible Sebrings in the EA, which I thought was unusual.

We're also Executive Selection members, so we picked up a Dodge Charger (there were 4!). The 3.5 V6 engine is buttery smooth--I've never used those words before to describe an car, but its the perfect description for the Charger. It was a sweet ride and a pleasure to drive!

Morganw42
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I've used the normal EA in the past and had good results. I know that if you reserve midsized in EA that you can choose any car in the aisle. I've recently been upgraded to Executive level and am not sure how it works. I've seen some pretty swanky cars in the Executive aisle on previous visits. If I reserve a midsized am I free to take any car in the Exec. row or are there only certain ones? Do I have to rent a full sized or premium to use the exec aisle or is midsized still ok?

Armadillo4
01-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Morganw42, I've only recently been an Executive Selection member, but yes, it works very similar to EA. You can pick *any* car from the Executive Selection row--or even the EA, if you see something you prefer in the regular EA.

However, the instructions for booking an Exec. Selection reservation is slightly different. You are supposed to book a full-size car class as an Exec. Selection member. But it's okay, as you'll only be charged the mid-size rate. The two times I've done this, it's worked out exactly like that. And you can pick anything in the Exec. Selection aisle. I was actually a little disappointed in the Executive choices during our last trip to MCO, but the Dodge Charger turned out to be a pretty good ride. :cool1:

SmileWoman
02-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I rented from National very late Sat night, Jan 17 using the emerald aisle for the first time. I was hoping for a minivan or larger. There was about 10 cars to choose from on emerald/executive aisle. All mid-size and convertibles. Ended up with a Toyota Camry with 7300 miles. It was OK, nothing special. B side

encinc
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
We picked up yesterday (Feb 1) mid-afternoon on the B side. Lots of Malibus and Intrepids. We picked up a Mazda6. There was one other Mazda and a Nissan Altima. No minivans, SUVs or convertibles.

JW9DVC
02-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Anything at EA Car Care Center. Do they have Executive there?

momatater
02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
We picked up yesterday (Feb 1) mid-afternoon on the B side. Lots of Malibus and Intrepids. We picked up a Mazda6. There was one other Mazda and a Nissan Altima. No minivans, SUVs or convertibles.

This was the exact same choices for us...executive aisle. By chance is your Mazda6 white with about 850 miles on it? That's what we drove from Jan 23-31st.

encinc
02-05-2009, 05:17 AM
By chance is your Mazda6 white with about 850 miles on it? That's what we drove from Jan 23-31st.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I believe your car was the other Mazda6 on the Aisle. There was definitely a white one there. We went for a red one (same mileage) simply because we wanted something more distinctive.

n2mm
02-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Anything at EA Car Care Center. Do they have Executive there?

No they don't have executive aisle there.

mkymouse4ever
02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
anyone back recently?

:mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

mkymouse4ever
02-24-2009, 11:33 AM
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

roaddawg0237
03-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Just returned from MCO a few days ago. On both rental and return visit, the selection was about the same:

EXECUTIVE:
Malibu (lots)
Impala (lots)
Taurus (some)
Charger (few)
Camry (few)
Maxima (few)
Avalon, Lucerne, 300 (one)
Minivan, SUV, Convertible (none)

EMERALD AISLE:
G6 (lots)
Malibu (many)
Impala (some)
Sebring/Stratus (few)
Fusion, Altima (few)
Minivan, SUV, Convertible (none)

I checked both the "A" and "B" terminal garages on these days, as I had a long wait for my flight. Both sides at least were full, but it seems like the old days of free upgrades to SUV, Minivans or Convertibles are over. We used to see many of these upgrades, but since Enterprise took over, the selection has been about the same - boring sedans and modest (if any) upgrades. :confused3

CarolA
03-02-2009, 08:08 AM
I checked both the "A" and "B" terminal garages on these days, as I had a long wait for my flight. Both sides at least were full, but it seems like the old days of free upgrades to SUV, Minivans or Convertibles are over. We used to see many of these upgrades, but since Enterprise took over, the selection has been about the same - boring sedans and modest (if any) upgrades. :confused3

I think you need to remember that the Aisles are marketed to BUSINESS travelers who often will not even take these vehicles. For example, I won't take a Minivan and if I am traveling with my co-workes a convertible won't work either!

Lots of business travelers don't like SUVs. I take them as a "last choice" One they use too much gas and two your lugagge is generally exposed to the thiefs since National is too cheap to buy the "luggage cover" for the cargo area!;)

n2mm
03-02-2009, 08:19 AM
No one who has been lately has seen anything above a sedan. This is why I booked a minivan for part of our May trip. We start off with whatever we find in Executive Aisle, then trade it in at the CCC right before the family arrives a week later. We were there in January and had a great LE Taurus -- which was considered a premium car on my receipt. I'm glad this thread is still going because it does help those out there that might be considering not renting the vechicle they need and hoping for a minivan on the aisle. The latest post sounds exactly what we saw when we were there in late January. We checked the aisles (both) when we arrived and returned (only side B). Nothing more than sedans.

Brian Noble
03-02-2009, 10:10 AM
2/21, 1:30PM B-side. Lots of Malibus. A couple of Sebrings, and a couple of Altimas.

roaddawg0237
03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I think you need to remember that the Aisles are marketed to BUSINESS travelers who often will not even take these vehicles. For example, I won't take a Minivan and if I am traveling with my co-workes a convertible won't work either!

Lots of business travelers don't like SUVs. I take them as a "last choice" One they use too much gas and two your lugagge is generally exposed to the thiefs since National is too cheap to buy the "luggage cover" for the cargo area!;)

I didn't intend to sound like I was seriously upset, but I do find it disappointing that there are no SUV's, Minivans or Convertibles on the Aisle anymore. I have rented from National for the past 6 or 7 years and have enjoyed the variety that the EA provides. Orlando is both the largest rental car market and the biggest family destination in the country, if not the world. I can't believe that the Aisle at MCO is solely "stocked" for business travelers in this market. I understand that many, if not most of the choices would be marketed for business travelers since National is a "business" brand of Alamo, but there are a lot of families who rent from them too and were pleased to see a few vans or SUV's to accommodate their needs.

The rental car business is booming right now, and it seems to me that National is retooling their model so that the only way to get a van or SUV is to specifically reserve (and pay) for one. Some of the posters on this thread seem to be families (like me) who are checking the Aisle for a possible free upgrade to a family-style vehicle. These specialty vehicles were not "expected", just a nice possible perk of the Emerald Club program. While targeted to business travelers, the EC is also used by frugal and well-versed families looking to serve their needs. I, for one, appreciated their consideration when stocking the Aisle in the past with alternate vehicles better suited for family travelers.

Brian Noble
03-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Sure---everyone likes to get more by paying less. But companies would rather get us to pay more. It is a game of cat and, ahem, Mouse. ;)

mkymouse4ever
03-08-2009, 06:06 PM
:jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2:

Tisha_PA
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
We picked up our rental on March 6 - rented a full-size and got a van (Toyota Sienna). I saw several mini vans as well as a few convertables

melk
03-18-2009, 07:29 PM
We picked up our rental on March 6 - rented a full-size and got a van (Toyota Sienna). I saw several mini vans as well as a few convertables

Wow!!! That's the first I've heard of anyone getting a van lately. You were in the Emerald Aisle, right?

Inkmahm
03-19-2009, 04:47 AM
Executive aisle at about 7 pm Tuesday night, B side: we got a blue charger. Perfect for me as I drive a charger at home so I'm comfortable with it. No minivans or SUVs. There were a couple Impalas and Chargers and a Lincoln. THat's it.

n2mm
03-19-2009, 05:13 AM

Which side? A or B. Which Aisle? Emerald or Executive? Thanks for posting. This is the first time I've heard anyone see anything bigger than a full size. We were there in January and will be back in early May.

lampy
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
:jumping2:

mkymouse4ever, you must be back soon? How about an update?

Minnie
03-28-2009, 12:39 PM
We arrived on Delta last Sunday, Mar 22nd to find an SUV on the Emerald Aisle :cool1: It was a Kia Sorento :thumbsup2

Only SUV on the aisle the rest were the normal mid-size cars.

mkymouse4ever
03-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Just got back last nite:

March 12 pick up @ 2pm-ish, All impalas, a few intermediate: saturns, lots of dodges, a few kia's. But all cars.

I walked the entire line, and took the very last car: a black brand new (4 miles on it) mazda mr3. It was awesome and fast. But no remote keyless entry. This is actually a pain, when your used to it. ;)

march 28th returned at 1pm ( now 500 miles on it). Still just a mix of intermediates, no specialty cars, or larger.

EA was easy and fast as always. No issues with the price, or problems. :thumbsup2

melk
04-01-2009, 08:11 PM
:jumping3:

lilopink
04-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi! How far back does the Emerald aisle go??? (where does it end?)
I was there last fall, (right side of aisle) and stopped short at the cement post/barrier - does emerald aisle continue after that cement post and can we choose from there? I saw larger vehicles there!! opps...!

Tisha_PA
04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Wow!!! That's the first I've heard of anyone getting a van lately. You were in the Emerald Aisle, right?

We were in the executive emerald aisle - does it make a difference? Not sure which side - didn't pay attention. This was our first time using National so we saw the van and grabbed it.

n2mm
04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
We were in the executive emerald aisle - does it make a difference? Not sure which side - didn't pay attention. This was our first time using National so we saw the van and grabbed it.

They ask because there are different levels of service. There is Emerald Aisle which is the basic membership--these members can only choose from the Emerald Aisle selection. Then there is Executive Aisle which is for people who rent more than 40 days a year and have been promoted to this level of service on a yearly basis and must maintain 40+ to keep this level. (They can choose from both Emerald Aisle and Executive Aisle). Lastly there is Elite service which is alot like Executive service but you earn free days faster and maybe some other perks.

roaddawg0237
04-10-2009, 10:36 PM
LiloPink,

The Emerald Aisle starts at the beginning of the row (terminal side) all the way back to the exit gates, including past those concrete posts about 2/3 of the way down the row. The Executive Aisle is the same, just on the opposite side (Emerald on right, Executive on left). Just make sure that whatever vehicle you take has an Emerald Aisle-marked tag on the rearview mirror. I took an SUV last year from the Aisle without a tag, and the booth attendant tried to charge me for an upgrade.:rotfl:

snowbunny
04-11-2009, 08:12 AM
I walked the entire line, and took the very last car: a black brand new (4 miles on it) mazda mr3.

Oooohhh :thumbsup2

mkymouse4ever
04-20-2009, 11:03 AM
:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum :mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum :mickeyjum:mickeyjum

perpetualplanner
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Does the Dolphin have an Emerald Aisle? We'll be picking up our rental at the Dolphin and returning it to MCO since we're headed to the beach after WDW.

mkymouse4ever
04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
don't think so:confused3

mkymouse4ever
04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1: :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Gales4Goofy
04-28-2009, 10:28 AM
We rented from the aisle on 4/22. They had a good mix of midsizes and full sizes, but nothing else. Mostly Sebrings and Chargers, with an Altima and a Mazda 3. We took a Charger and it was a great car for the 5 of us. All the bags fit great in the trunk with room to spare and 3 kids fit in the back seat with little complaining.

n2mm
04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
We pick up this Sunday. We only managed a full size from the Executive Aisle this past January, so don't really expect too much this trip. We did have a Ford Tauras and it was loaded, so we enjoyed it. We are still Executive members, so at least we get to choose from either aisle. It's just too bad the price never really dropped again this trip.

melk
05-02-2009, 06:31 PM
We rented from the aisle on 4/22. They had a good mix of midsizes and full sizes, but nothing else. Mostly Sebrings and Chargers, with an Altima and a Mazda 3. We took a Charger and it was a great car for the 5 of us. All the bags fit great in the trunk with room to spare and 3 kids fit in the back seat with little complaining.

This was the same experience we had on 4/21. We ended up taking a silver Dodge Avenger. It fit the 5 of us fine, with plenty of room in the trunk. It was an 'okay' car, nothing great but it served its purpose for us.

Morganw42
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
bump

mkymouse4ever
05-12-2009, 07:25 PM
:donald::donald::donald::donald::donald:

E-P-C-O-T
05-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Picked up on Apr 30th at 7p off the A side, lots of Altimas, Chargers, Impalas, Hyundai (Sonata?), Chargers and G6s. Picked up an Altima with 1000 miles on it loaded our bags, stroller and installed the car seat only to find out that the side mirrow button was missing. We ended up with another Altima with 3000 miles. No Minivans or Suvs on the Emerald or Executive side.

mkymouse4ever
05-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Starting to sound very, standard. Guess, people where right that enterprise was going to change things.:confused3 Oh well, still like the hunt and picking out what we get. I am wondering, how they compare to the regular emerald reserve standard / midsize aisle? Does EA get the newer crop, or "finer" amenities?

rlduvall
05-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm so glad I popped into this thread. For May 30 - June 9, I have reserved a mid-sized vehicle for a total of $250. and this thread jogged my memory that I am Executive Level, so I took it up to a fullsize for the same price. I love the dis. :lovestruc

And I wouldn't be Executive Level if it wasn't for dis'ers last year mentioning that Mousesavers posted we could get it - a limited promotion, I think.

n2mm
05-17-2009, 09:03 AM
We picked up from Side A at 11:00AM on Sunday 5/3/09. Executive Aisle had only full size cars and Emerald Aisle had only Intermedite cars. We got a Ford Taurus from the Executive Aisle, but it was considered premium because it was loaded.

On Tuesday 5/5/09 at 9:00AM we had to switch our car for a minivan for when the family arrived later. (It was cheaper switching at the airport vs the ccc.) We then picked up from side B. The aisles were only half full, but we did notice some smaller SUVs on the Emerald Aisle side and also a minivan. We noticed lots of larger vechicles on the Executive Side too. This was very early (8:30AM-9:00AM) mid week (Tuesday). Since we had a reserved minivan we were not using the aisle (Murphy's law). We went to the minivan and got a T&C touring minivan w/all of the whistles. It was a nice car. So there are some bigger vechicles out there, but they are hard to come by and weekends seem to have the worse selection. We rented in January and had slim pickings and now May too. (Guess I'll post again after my July trip in 8 weeks.)

ColoradoDis
05-20-2009, 09:33 AM
bump

DebbieB
05-20-2009, 11:48 AM
This isn't MCO, but I picked up a car at Dulles last week. Pickings were slim - Avenger, Caliper, HHR. There was an Altima on the Executive Aisle, we talked the attendent into an upgrade (we asked if we could pay for an upgrade and she gave it to us for free).

n2mm
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
This isn't MCO, but I picked up a car at Dulles last week. Pickings were slim - Avenger, Caliper, HHR. There was an Altima on the Executive Aisle, we talked the attendent into an upgrade (we asked if we could pay for an upgrade and she gave it to us for free).

Small world! We got in late Saturday night Dulles and had to rent a car to drive home as we didn't want anyone to come get us. We also used National/Executive Aisle and drove an Altima home. We have rented from Executive Aisle at Dulles several times and there is never really anything to write home about. For us, it's just a quick way home and saves us a ton of money parking (esp. since we were gone for 14 days).

puffkin
05-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Nothing :lmao:

We got into MCO late the night of 5/8 and there were no cars in the garage in the Emerald Aisle lane and only a handful in the garage. It was ridiculous. The booth attendant told me to take the car parked a few rows over (it was a full size). I walked over and there was already a family loading into it.....they were hidden behind a pylon so we couldn't see them from the booth. Flagged down a manager type sort that was hurrying by and he looked perplexed. There were about 6-7 parties trying to get cars and nothing there. He asked us how many in our party and then told us not to move and radioed in for a car. One pulled up about a minute later and it was a Dodge Journey SUV. I would think it was a mid-size SUV. We didn't particularly like the car after the week was over, but were thrilled for all the extra room!!!!

ColoradoDis
05-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Anything from this weekend?

mkymouse4ever
06-03-2009, 08:54 PM
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1: :jumping1:

torquelover
06-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Nothing :lmao:

We didn't particularly like the car after the week was over, but were thrilled for all the extra room!!!!

What didn't you like about it?

puffkin
06-04-2009, 07:40 AM
What didn't you like about it?

I drive a Ford Escape IRL, so used to this size vehicle. It was very boxy and cumbersome to drive and it felt huge compared to my Escape. However we had less room for luggage (about the same for passengers) as my Escape. The seats were very uncomfortable and not contoured correctly or something. We also hated the console controls. It took us forever to figure out the controls. Never had any difficulty with a rental before. We just thought it was a poorly designed vehicle and very boxy and uncomfortable....but we did appreciate the upgrade!

mkymouse4ever
06-07-2009, 05:36 PM
:jumping3::jumping3::jumping3::jumping3::jumping2: :jumping3::jumping3::jumping3::jumping3:

DebbieB
06-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Picked up on A side this afternoon around 3:00. There were about 20 cars, they were all sedans, same as those previously mentioned.

Niagara2
06-14-2009, 06:20 AM
After so many years of great upgrades on the Emerald Aisle (and we all got spoiled by it) I see by all these posts that it is the rare occurance now.

My guess is that we used to get those SUV;s and minivans as there were just so many in stock in Orlando as the family demographic makes up their biggest marketshare.

I also think that with ME, the car rentals have taken a large hit, and have by now adjusted their inventory, so less minivans and Suv's to overflow into the Emerald Aisle.

Over the years, my expereince with Emerald Aisle in other cities throughout the country was never as good as MCO was. Basically you got to chose and if you ever got a full size, that was a big upgrade. I say that MCO has also started to run its MCO operation like that also. Maybe it could be a new station manager - who knows.

I know we are now booking on price and will lose our executive level this year as we feel that we will not be able to get lucky with a big upgrade on the aisle. We didn;t mind paying a bit more for a 75% chance of a bigger SUV or Minivan. I would say from reading the posts, that this chance went down to about 10%. As I said before, National spoiled us for years but it made us loyal.

So - did priceline for our upcoming trip. We will miss the convenience:sad2:, but save so much on the larger car/van that we need.:thumbsup2

mkymouse4ever
06-18-2009, 08:29 PM
:tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::t igger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tig ger:

Disney_Freak56
06-18-2009, 09:13 PM
After so many years of great upgrades on the Emerald Aisle (and we all got spoiled by it) I see by all these posts that it is the rare occurance now.

My guess is that we used to get those SUV;s and minivans as there were just so many in stock in Orlando as the family demographic makes up their biggest marketshare.

I also think that with ME, the car rentals have taken a large hit, and have by now adjusted their inventory, so less minivans and Suv's to overflow into the Emerald Aisle.

Over the years, my expereince with Emerald Aisle in other cities throughout the country was never as good as MCO was. Basically you got to chose and if you ever got a full size, that was a big upgrade. I say that MCO has also started to run its MCO operation like that also. Maybe it could be a new station manager - who knows.

I know we are now booking on price and will lose our executive level this year as we feel that we will not be able to get lucky with a big upgrade on the aisle. We didn;t mind paying a bit more for a 75% chance of a bigger SUV or Minivan. I would say from reading the posts, that this chance went down to about 10%. As I said before, National spoiled us for years but it made us loyal.

So - did priceline for our upcoming trip. We will miss the convenience:sad2:, but save so much on the larger car/van that we need.:thumbsup2

Would you mind sharing what car classification you ended up with at Priceline and for how much? Also which rental company took your bid?

Thanks!

mkymouse4ever
06-24-2009, 07:38 PM
:dance3::dance3::goofy::goofy::goofy::dance3::danc e3:

pamjb
06-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Booked a full-size thru National Executive Aisle for $143 for 6/14 thru 6/22. Arrived at MCO at 10 pm on 6/14. Saw lots of Chargers and one lone Sienna minivan. Score!!!! My oldest wanted me to take a Charger. Nope, sorry! The minivan came in mighty handy.

n2mm
06-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Booked a full-size thru National Executive Aisle for $143 for 6/14 thru 6/22. Arrived at MCO at 10 pm on 6/14. Saw lots of Chargers and one lone Sienna minivan. Score!!!! My oldest wanted me to take a Charger. Nope, sorry! The minivan came in mighty handy.

You were lucky. I've rented from national twice this year -- both times Executive aisle -- and both times nothing more than full size cars. We choose from Side A in January and Side B in May. What side did you select from. Anyone who has been spoiled by Emerald Aisle better make sure a intermediate/for Emerald Aisle, or full size/for Executive Aisle will work for them, because the pickings have been pretty standard for those aisle. Both sides A and B. We leave in 3 weeks and again are booked Executive aisle, but since it's the 2 of us for this trip, we look for something fun and different. The last two trips we ended up with a Ford Taurus -- loaded and it was nice (esp since we are Ford Folks).

pamjb
06-25-2009, 06:56 AM
It was side A. I reserved a mid-size and would of been fine with that. There were 5 of us and our friends drove down, so we would of have a second car available if we needed it. I was a little surprised to see the mini van. It was still wet from being washed. I didn't really see anything but that and the Chargers (all red!).

tmli
06-25-2009, 08:40 AM
We arrived at 11:30pm on the 7th of May and there were NO CARS!!!! We are executive and there were none in either aisle. AFter about an hour they let us take something from the mid size SUV aisle.

n2mm
06-25-2009, 08:49 AM
We arrived at 11:30pm on the 7th of May and there were NO CARS!!!! We are executive and there were none in either aisle. AFter about an hour they let us take something from the mid size SUV aisle.

Yes, I've heard of this happening before to the late arrivers. It happened to my BFF too when she got in late one night.

dirtnap101
06-25-2009, 08:40 PM

So you are Executive level but they made you wait an hour before they let you take an SUV? Wow, I would have been pretty annoyed at that wait and at that time of night!

Soccerpooh
07-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Got in at 5pm Monday 6/22 and there was lots to choose from on side A. We got a minivan- there were 2 to choose from. Also saw a convertiable, 2 PT cruisers, a small SUV, a pickup truck, and lots of midsize and several full size. A really good selection! Between the last minute specials and the $35 off coupon they had on their website, we got a minivan for $165 for 7 days! :cool1: The van was a town and country, no frills- pretty basic. But we were grateful for the room. This was our first experience with Emerald Aisle, and it was a breeze. Would have never known about it and the free membership link at Mousesavers without this board- THANKS!:worship:

NUHuskies#1
07-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Tuesday Morning June 23- 10:30AM

Executive Aisle Terminal B- Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town and Country- 2 Toyota Siennas, Dodge Chargers. We chose a Dodge Caravan and were thrilled for the extra room. $165 for the entire week!

Perdita&Pongo
07-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Soccerpooh and NUHuskies#1 -

Was your $165 a week a base rate or all taxes/fees in? :confused3

Soccerpooh
07-02-2009, 02:34 PM
$165 TOTAL- including all fees and taxes!!:thumbsup2 I was pretty darn impressed with myself, considering the lowest I found anywhere else was $225 for a midsize. I think the key was waiting for the last minute specials they always run.

mousey
07-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Did you use a coupon or code or both to get the $165?

Soccerpooh
07-03-2009, 04:03 PM
I used the last minute special code (for a midsize) and a coupon for $35 off a weekly rental (which expired 6/30/09- sorry!), which I booked through our emerald club account. It came to $165 total. It was risky because a midsize would have been tight for the ride to and from the airport, but fine for getting to and from the park. We pressed our luck hoping to find something bigger on the Emerald Aisle and it worked out- I know we may not always we so lucky.
In case anyone is interested, there is a $20 off weekly rental coupon available now on the National website.

CarolA
07-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Checked both Side A and B Monday, July 6 at 11 AM or so. Nothing but mid sizes on the EA, there were some Charger and Ford full sizes on Executive. No mini vans, no SUVs, etc..

Scanned B on my return today (7/10 at 9 AM) once again only midsizes or a few full. No minivans, SUVs etc....

n2mm
07-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Checked both Side A and B Monday, July 6 at 11 AM or so. Nothing but mid sizes on the EA, there were some Charger and Ford full sizes on Executive. No mini vans, no SUVs, etc..

Scanned B on my return today (7/10 at 9 AM) once again only midsizes or a few full. No minivans, SUVs etc....

Thanks...we leave in a week and am always curious of what we might find. Of course I have to say, we are only 8 days away and again (my third trip this year) the rates never dropped. I've just not had very good luck with good rates this year. In the past they use to drop as we got within a week or 2 of our trips but nothing. (It never dropped before our Jan or May trips either). Oh well. We are Exec Aisle members and got a full size Ford Taurus in January and May and were very happy with it. I hope we can rent it again.

theterms
07-10-2009, 11:29 AM
We land next Friday at about 7:30 pm.... wondering what the choices will be like on a Friday night?

I keep checking for a better rate than my $283 for our 9 days, but I think this is still pretty good.

Disney_Freak56
07-10-2009, 09:38 PM
I have a "regular" Emerald Aisle membership. Is there some way I can get an "upgrade" to the Executive Emerald Aisle membership for free? :)

n2mm
07-11-2009, 06:27 AM
I have a "regular" Emerald Aisle membership. Is there some way I can get an "upgrade" to the Executive Emerald Aisle membership for free? :)

We rent more than 40 days a year so that is how we maintain our Executive status. (If you don't rent 40 days a year, they drop you back down to regular status). I know a couple of years ago Continental airlines offered their members a one year upgrade, but many non-eligible folks signed up and the promotion got shut down. Of course I was one of the many folks who complained to National about non-eligible folks signing up and they told me they were investigating and shut the code down. One year I only rented 39 days and lost my status and was not happy. I counted incorrectly and had I known I would've just rented a car for a day to keep the status. Now I'm more diligent about my rental days. We like the Executive status because we can choose from either aisle, plus our free days accummulate faster as you only need 6 credits for one free day.

Disney Legend
07-11-2009, 07:33 AM
We rent more than 40 days a year so that is how we maintain our Executive status. (If you don't rent 40 days a year, they drop you back down to regular status). I know a couple of years ago Continental airlines offered their members a one year upgrade, but many non-eligible folks signed up and the promotion got shut down. Of course I was one of the many folks who complained to National about non-eligible folks signing up and they told me they were investigating and shut the code down. One year I only rented 39 days and lost my status and was not happy. I counted incorrectly and had I known I would've just rented a car for a day to keep the status. Now I'm more diligent about my rental days. We like the Executive status because we can choose from either aisle, plus our free days accummulate faster as you only need 6 credits for one free day.

I do not have executive status but have a reservation in the emerald club. It is an SUV. Do I have to take the SUV or can I take a minivan instead?

Disney_Freak56
07-11-2009, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the info on the Executive status. I had "read" about that promotion and was wondering if it was still in effect -- just couldn't remember all the details.

I would have to agree with you -- definitely not fair to have something available to those who have not actually "earned" it. I probably would have complained as well.

:)

shoes99
07-11-2009, 09:03 AM
I do not have executive status but have a reservation in the emerald club. It is an SUV. Do I have to take the SUV or can I take a minivan instead?

If your receipt says "Emerald Reserve" SUV, you have to take an SUV.
If your reciept says "Emerald Aisle", you can take any car in the emerald aisle.

CarolA
07-11-2009, 09:55 AM

You will pick from the SUV aisle since that's what you reserved. If you take a minivan they can change your fees to reflect a different car.

SnackyStacky
07-11-2009, 11:37 AM
You will pick from the SUV aisle since that's what you reserved. If you take a minivan they can change your fees to reflect a different car.

There is a counter in the garage. Stop and ask.

I had reserved mid-size SUV, but there were mini-vans on the EA. My wife, instead of going and asking herself, insisted *I* go ask even though I was fine with the SUV. They said as long as I was Emerald Aisle, even though I had reserved a larger size, I could take anything from the EA. There were no additional charges at any point.

I wouldn't do it without asking, but I would say it's worth it to ask.

mkymouse4ever
07-19-2009, 06:47 PM
We checked into the EA, 7/12 at noon = mostly dodges, few saturns, impalas, mazda's, 1 scion which was a small suv box type car / truck. We took a grey VW jetta. Had 13,000 miles. Rode nice.

No problems with check out, or price. Love EA.:thumbsup2

Returned 7/18 @ 1pm = Looked briefly and saw just same type of cars. Nothing different.

** note on 7/18 ** we saw on the "side" by themselves > pt cruisers or hrh's types with a few othe smaller suv's. That wheren't really in any aisle, Not sure why they wheren't put out somewhere. :confused3

Good luck, mky:cutie:

Brian Noble
07-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Last night, about 8:30 or so, B-side: not one, not two, but three Chrysler Sebring convertibles. The one we took was not low mileage (about 16K if memory serves), and a few interior finish blemishes. But, it's been a lot of fun tooling around with the top down today!

n2mm
07-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Arrive at 11:00am on Saturday 7/18. Side B. On EA side there were only sedans, no SUVs or minivans. On Executive side there were only full size cars, but further down there was one minivan. It was a 8 person Sienna. We are Executive Aisle members, so could've taken it, but we really didn't want it as we were only 2. So we took a ford taurus limited edition again. This is the 3rd time we rented this year and again this is the same vechicle we had got in January and May (same color). We are convinced this is our own personal rental car (same color). So if we had wanted a minivan we could've taken it, but didn't. It was pretty beat up and had lots of marks and dings on it. If we had extras with us, we would've taken it, but didn't. We would've taken a SUV if there were any. So again this is the third time this year renting and again, slim pickings. Though we love getting our own personal rental car.

AllyBri
07-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I keep forgetting to post this
July 15 - 6:30pm....only sedans in EA and Executive.

mkymouse4ever
07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::b ounce::bounce:

n2mm
07-28-2009, 06:07 AM
7/24 @ 5:00PM dropped off our car for our departure. We always take a look in the aisle upon our return to see what's there. In the Emerald Aisle all we saw was sedans. In the Executive Aisle mostly sedans, but could see a couple of larger vehicles near the back. Side B. So nothing my standard size sedans in the Emerald Aisle on Saturday 7/18 @ 11:00 AM and Friday 7/24 @ 5:00 PM -- SIDE B.

BTW -- this is the third time we rented with National this year (Jan/May/Jul) and we are Executive Aisle members. We have gotten a full size Ford Taurus each of those 3 trips. We'll be back in a couple of weeks, so will post again then. Our next trip is Aug. 14th.

jessrose18
07-31-2009, 08:49 AM
just signed up for emerald aisle and made my ressie for sept...9 days midsize for 284 w/ taxes and costco code and coupon. Last year our car for 9 days was 134 w/ taxes....heres hoping rates go down.

Perdita&Pongo
08-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Sat Aug 1st 6:30pm National's Executive Select (not Emerald Aisle) on the B side at MCO:

Nabbed a creamy white Chrysler Town & Country Touring 7-pax minivan with 12,000 miles and an Ipod port! :cool1:

other ES choices were:

Toyota Sienna 8-pax minivan
2 Dodge Chargers
Impala
Malibu

Used an employer code w/LDW and $35 off coupon for $417.00 all in for a 2 week rental (with National's Executive status you pay for midsize, but pick anything from the Exec Select aisle).

shoes99
08-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Nancy, great steal. Last month there were no vans or suv's in the exec aisle, I picked up a nissan altima. Have fun.
Michele

GrumpyLuver
08-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Bump :jumping1:

paras4ri
08-07-2009, 10:25 AM
We'll be picking up a car around 8 tonight so I'll update when we're back home next week.

GrumpyLuver
08-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Due to delay out PHL, arrived around 1:00 a.m. Saturday 8/8, A side. There was only one car on the EA. It was a Toyota Corolla with over 30k miles and it smelled really bad from someone smoking in it. :sad2:

Returned Sunday around 6:00 p.m., the EA was loaded with midsize cars, no vans or SUV's in sight.

AllyBri
08-10-2009, 11:34 PM
8/10 about 6:30pm - EA had all sedans
Ex. Aisle had all sedans except for 2 Rogues and 1 Vibe.
This was the A side.

Mouse511
08-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Subbing - we will be there in Oct - hope they have some good choices in Emerald Isle

mousey
08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Arrived this morning (8/14) to the A side. 1 Dodge caravan on the emerald aisle driving away and my family driving a Chrysler Town & Country van from the executive aisle. They were the only 2 vans in that section. Loads of Impalas, intrepids, sedan type vehicles. No suvs. This was around 9:45am.

BYC
08-14-2009, 03:41 PM
I am a little confused by this thread. We have a minivan (we have 6 people) reserved for 11 days in January. Is it possible we will arrive, and there will be no minivans available?? I hadn't considered that possibility! :confused::confused:

mousey
08-14-2009, 03:47 PM
No, the minivans were a bonus find on the Emerald/Executive aisles at National. They had aisle full of minivans. We reserved a full size so any time you get an SUV or van, your lucky because you pay as if reserving a full size.

BYC
08-14-2009, 03:57 PM
No, the minivans were a bonus find on the Emerald/Executive aisles at National. They had aisle full of minivans. We reserved a full size so any time you get an SUV or van, your lucky because you pay as if reserving a full size.

Got it! Thanks for clearing that up!

Cdn Friends of Pooh
08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/donnwest/smilies/BumpSmiley.gif

AllyBri
08-20-2009, 01:26 AM
8/18 - Tuesday - A side (6pm)
just about nothing, between the Executive and the EA, there were about 6 cars, all sedans.
That's the worse I have ever seen.

albertperk
08-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Forgive me as I'm new to the Emerald Aisle. So when you choose any car you want in the aisle, are the keys already in the ignition? How exactly do you choose your car is there like a voucher you take from the car and take it to the main counter in the airport then get the keys from there?

Sorry...n00b is confused here....my bad...

AllyBri
08-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Forgive me as I'm new to the Emerald Aisle. So when you choose any car you want in the aisle, are the keys already in the ignition? How exactly do you choose your car is there like a voucher you take from the car and take it to the main counter in the airport then get the keys from there?

Sorry...n00b is confused here....my bad...

You go to EA (the keys are in the door lock) take the car of your choice and drive to the window (you will see exit signs) give the attendant, your DL, CC, reservation and coupon and the paper that is hanging on the rear view mirror.
You do not need to go to the counter at MCO if you are signed up for EA.

albertperk
08-21-2009, 06:10 AM
You go to EA (the keys are in the door lock) take the car of your choice and drive to the window (you will see exit signs) give the attendant, your DL, CC, reservation and coupon and the paper that is hanging on the rear view mirror.
You do not need to go to the counter at MCO if you are signed up for EA.

Outstanding! Exactly what I neded to know. Thanks so much! :thumbsup2

Disney_Freak56
08-21-2009, 06:27 AM
8/18 - Tuesday - A side (6pm)
just about nothing, between the Executive and the EA, there were about 6 cars, all sedans.
That's the worse I have ever seen.

A few years ago, we arrived on a Saturday evening and there were absolutely NO cars on the Emerald aisle and we weren't the only ones wating. No one in the National/Alamo booth. Hubby finally tracked down some Alamo employees bringing in cars to the Alamo side and we were told to take whatever car we wanted from the Alamo lot and just tell the atttendant there were none on the EA and that's what we were instructed to do.

Of course, when we go to the cashier booth, we were told we couldn't have the car we had chosen according to the reservation. At this point, there was a huge line behind us of other EA customers waiting to check out. We explained the situation and she physically left the booth (with hubby's DL and CC - which upset him greatly) and had to ask someone if that was the case. It was, we got the car we had chosen, and we FINALLY left the airport nearly an hour later than we had planned.

n2mm
08-22-2009, 06:29 AM
4th trip this year and still a poor selection in BOTH aisles on BOTH sides. We arrived on Friday 8/14 @ 8:00PM. Went to side A first and only intemediate cars on the EA and full size cars on the Executive Aisle. We were a party of 5 and knew a full size would work since we are Executive Aisle members, but was hoping for a little more room. So we went back into the terminal and up and over to side B and sadly it was worst than side A. Again only intermediate cars on the EA and full size on the Executive side, but a smaller selection than side A. So we took a baby blue Ford Taurus from the Executive side (the fourth time we have had this same car this year). We got the 2 car seats in the back and squeeze mommy in the middle. Again, both sides had no SUVs and no minivans and nothing larger than a sedan. We rented this year in January, May, July and now August. Glad I reserved a minivan with Alamo for October because we are a party of 6 and can not take a chance on the aisles for that trip.

TreesyB
08-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Any reports due to the change in classifications? Will there be smaller cars in the Aisle?

AllyBri
08-25-2009, 09:57 PM
4th trip this year and still a poor selection in BOTH aisles on BOTH sides. We arrived on Friday 8/14 @ 8:00PM. Went to side A first and only intemediate cars on the EA and full size cars on the Executive Aisle. We were a party of 5 and knew a full size would work since we are Executive Aisle members, but was hoping for a little more room. So we went back into the terminal and up and over to side B and sadly it was worst than side A. Again only intermediate cars on the EA and full size on the Executive side, but a smaller selection than side A. So we took a baby blue Ford Taurus from the Executive side (the fourth time we have had this same car this year). We got the 2 car seats in the back and squeeze mommy in the middle. Again, both sides had no SUVs and no minivans and nothing larger than a sedan. We rented this year in January, May, July and now August. Glad I reserved a minivan with Alamo for October because we are a party of 6 and can not take a chance on the aisles for that trip.

are we following one another :goodvibes

n2mm
08-26-2009, 07:19 AM
are we following one another :goodvibes

It sure seems that way. Between you and us I think we have National covered. OK, our next trip is Oct. 17-24 followed by Dec. 4-12 (which includes the cruise). I'm working on my 2010 trips, see my signature.

JandD Mom
08-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi All, I was on the A side the other day and saw the usual cars on the EA and the Exec EA. The EA definately had the type of cars that have always been called midsize (ie, 4 door). I focused more on the Exec EA because that's what we were getting. We saw a lot of Dodge Chargers, Impalas, Toyota Avalons. There were no minivans or any other type of car. Believe me, I tried to get a minivan but was told by 4 people that they had none to bring out.

We ended up with an electric blue Dodge Charger. We picked it because it would be easy to spot in a crowd, and because it had Sirius radio.

n2mm
08-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Hi All, I was on the A side the other day and saw the usual cars on the EA and the Exec EA. The EA definately had the type of cars that have always been called midsize (ie, 4 door). I focused more on the Exec EA because that's what we were getting. We saw a lot of Dodge Chargers, Impalas, Toyota Avalons. There were no minivans or any other type of car. Believe me, I tried to get a minivan but was told by 4 people that they had none to bring out.

We ended up with an electric blue Dodge Charger. We picked it because it would be easy to spot in a crowd, and because it had Sirius radio.

Thanks for posting. I see nothing has changed since my last 4 visits this year. I've got my next reservation for October with Alamo because I needed a minivan and booked it a long time ago. Of course, I'll polk my head into the aisle just to see what is there. (I'm sure if will be filled with minivans since I'm going with Alamo -- Murphy's law.)

Karlzmom
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM
bump....:jumping1:

paras4ri
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Friday, 8/7 at about 8pm - side A - not much on either Emerald or Executire - we focused on Executive and chose 1 of 3 Sebring convertibles that were there. Other than that there were a few Malibus. The convertible was fun and since there were just 2 of us it worked out fine. Our 17 year old DS was very jealous and hopes there will be another convertible there when we go back with him in Feb.

Karlzmom
09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
bumping again, to see if there are more recent trip reports.....

mkymouse4ever
09-08-2009, 07:27 PM
:simba::simba::simba::simba::simba::simba::simba:: simba:

Karlzmom
09-09-2009, 10:23 PM
can you tell I 'm getting close to my trip....I feel the need to :jumping2::jumping2::jumping2: again.....let's here some new EA reports!

AllyBri
09-10-2009, 12:42 AM
9/8-Tuesday about 6pm, all sedans except for one small SUV and that was taken while we were driving away.
This was the A side.

n2mm
09-10-2009, 05:54 AM
9/8-Tuesday about 6pm, all sedans except for one small SUV and that was taken while we were driving away.
This was the A side.

Executive Aisle or Emerald Aisle?

cfknight
09-10-2009, 09:28 AM
wondering if they have an Emerald Aisle at the disney car care center, or just at the airport? FYI..we got a minivan last year!

mkymouse4ever
09-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Not sure about recently but 2 years ago it did not.

AllyBri
09-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Executive Aisle or Emerald Aisle?

This was the combination of both aisles. The small suv on Emerald.

AllyBri
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
wondering if they have an Emerald Aisle at the disney car care center, or just at the airport? FYI..we got a minivan last year!

no Emerald Aisle at the CCC.

mkymouse4ever
09-17-2009, 06:39 PM
:maleficen:maleficen:maleficen:maleficen:simba::ma leficen:maleficen:maleficen:maleficen

Mouse511
09-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Bump :goodvibes

NJmouse
09-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Picked up a Malibu on EA on 9-11 only had 2234 miles on it. Returned it on 9-17 with 2896 on it.

shoes99
09-21-2009, 01:53 PM
No EA as already posted, but we booked a midsize and we are Emerald Executive. We took the van to the CCC, and when I went to get in line, the agent said, Michele go outside, we have a brand new Impala waiting for you and the manager is standing there with the keys.
Its no EA service, but it sure worked well for us.

SoloCan
09-21-2009, 01:53 PM
I have seen Impalas. On the side note, you can try to use 3715444 contract ID with national. I found this is the best overall discount rate. Extra driver fee is also included as well.

For those of you want to have insurance included, use contract ID 3715761. This is a good discount code wtih full LDW insurance included. It also waives underage fee and extra fee.

Enjoy your rental.:banana:

Edit: Just found this club sign up link - skip the line and upgrade

http://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/aeroplan/CarDriver

Debi
09-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow, that code gave me a great rate for December. Where is this code from? Who is eligable to use that code?

SnackyStacky
09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
We picked up our car at about 10am on September 15th and scored a mini-van!!!! Toyota Sienna. WOO HOO!

They also had a Prius. We had 3 on arrival, but 5 people on property. If it were just the three of us, I think I would have taken the Prius.

n2mm
09-23-2009, 01:00 PM
We picked up our car at about 10am on September 15th and scored a mini-van!!!! Toyota Sienna. WOO HOO!

They also had a Prius. We had 3 on arrival, but 5 people on property. If it were just the three of us, I think I would have taken the Prius.

That's amazing. Finally someone found that one minivan that National is renting at MCO. Was it the regular Emerald Aisle or Executive Aisle. Side A or Side B?

SnackyStacky
09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
That's amazing. Finally someone found that one minivan that National is renting at MCO. Was it the regular Emerald Aisle or Executive Aisle. Side A or Side B?

Emerald Aisle, A side.

Crissup
09-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Wow, that code gave me a great rate for December. Where is this code from? Who is eligable to use that code?

That's the Car & Driver Magazine code for readers of Car & Driver Magazine. You don't have to be a subscriber, you could be a reader who purchases at the news stand. We used this code earlier this summer and found it to be among the best discount of all the codes we tried.

Cdn Friends of Pooh
09-25-2009, 02:01 PM
I have seen Impalas. On the side note, you can try to use 3715444 contract ID with national. I found this is the best overall discount rate. Extra driver fee is also included as well.

For those of you want to have insurance included, use contract ID 3715761. This is a good discount code wtih full LDW insurance included. It also waives underage fee and extra fee.

Enjoy your rental.:banana:

Edit: Just found this club sign up link - skip the line and upgrade

http://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/aeroplan/CarDriver

To anyone using this link - Please be very careful if using this link to sign up for the EC ... When you click on the link, it indicates "As a Car & Driver employee, get a free Emerald Club membership and bonus miles." ...

As a better alternative, there is a free EC membership link on Mousesavers.com (http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html)

Also, using contact ID 3715761 does not give you full LDW included, nor waive any fees - it provides an additional driver only (see below)

(1) Time & Distance ($206.95/Week) $206.95
(3) Extra - Time & Distance ($34.49/Day) $103.47
Contract ID 3715761
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(9) Additional Driver Included
Unlimited Miles Included

wbutter
09-25-2009, 02:41 PM
We came in last night 9/24 and there were 3 minivans in Emerald and 2 in Executive on Side B! Picked up a loaded Sienna. Can't beat a minivan from 9/24 to 9/29 for $116 total!

sersee05
09-26-2009, 08:34 PM
if you don't mind..how did you get a rate of 116 dollars for a minivan for 6 days?? I need to rent a car..and I cant get it down that low for 2 days!!

ShiPooOwner
09-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Was it the regular Emerald Aisle or Executive Aisle. Side A or Side B?

Could someone please explain the difference between Emerald Aisle and Executive Aisle and Side A and Side B?

sympatico
09-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Could someone please explain the difference between Emerald Aisle and Executive Aisle and Side A and Side B?

With Emerald Club you can book a mid size vehicle and then choose whatever is in the Emerald Aisle. To choose from the Executive Aisle you have to have rented a certain number of times per year and then you can book a full size at the mid size price but choose anything that's in the Executive Aisle. (correct me if I'm wrong someone)
As far as Side A and Side B go it is referring to the 2 different sides of the main terminal. Some airlines come in to Side A and some to Side B. You can cross from side A to B on the 3rd level of the terminal but not from level 2 (baggage claim) or level 1 (rental car counters).
It doesn't matter which Side you use for Car Rental as they are both basically the same. However if your plane comes in to Side A then you go to Side A Baggage Claim.
Some have checked out what's in the Emerald Aisle of side A and then gone back up to the 3rd level and down to the Side B Emerald Aisle section to see if there's anything better.

wbutter
09-27-2009, 11:29 PM
I used the costco code which worked out to $20 a day before fees and taxes and then they had a $25 off coupon so came to $116 total for the 5 days.

Debi
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks, everyone! That just saved me $110 off my December reservation. Woohoo!

lawgs
09-30-2009, 06:55 AM
I used the costco code which worked out to $20 a day before fees and taxes and then they had a $25 off coupon so came to $116 total for the 5 days.

it is nice to see they are honouring "COSTCO" codes since Costco is no longer offering National as a car rental company on their travel section of their website ( they assured me when i called that anyone who had already booked using any of the "codes" would be covered by National", there just would not be any new National codes from Costco )

blissventure
09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
With Emerald Club you can book a mid size vehicle and then choose whatever is in the Emerald Aisle. To choose from the Executive Aisle you have to have rented a certain number of times per year and then you can book a full size at the mid size price but choose anything that's in the Executive Aisle. (correct me if I'm wrong someone)
As far as Side A and Side B go it is referring to the 2 different sides of the main terminal. Some airlines come in to Side A and some to Side B. You can cross from side A to B on the 3rd level of the terminal but not from level 2 (baggage claim) or level 1 (rental car counters).
It doesn't matter which Side you use for Car Rental as they are both basically the same. However if your plane comes in to Side A then you go to Side A Baggage Claim.
Some have checked out what's in the Emerald Aisle of side A and then gone back up to the 3rd level and down to the Side B Emerald Aisle section to see if there's anything better.

Just to add--If you're eligible for the Executive Aisle, your contract will specifically say next to "Level of Service" Executive Selection.

We've rented a couple of times recently from National, and they seem to be keeping a closer watch on the Executive Aisle. At FLL and DEN an attendant specifically asked us our level of service before we selected a car and drove away. (Love our Fusion from DEN, satellite radio was great! Hope we find something nice waiting for us at MCO.)

Karlzmom
10-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Ok, here was the skinny for our EA experience....Friday, Sept 18th, aprox 7p side A was all Malibus and Impalas....until I got past the concrete wall, then thee was a saturn and a nissan. All sedans....nothing interesting. oh well....

My3kiddos
10-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Is there an Emerald Isle at the TPA airport?

RobnRud
10-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Yes, if I remember correctly. You do have to take a National/Alamo shuttle bus to get to it...but it's only a 5 minute drive.

My3kiddos
10-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I have a question since I've never used National. Standard and Full-size are the same price for last minute deals so if I pick full-size will I still pick from the Emerald Isle or just a row of full-size? Also for Emerald Isle is that standard or intermediate?

Mouse511
10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Bump :)

madge
10-08-2009, 08:26 PM
September 30, 7:00pm .. A side

mostly cars, a few VW bugs, and 2 Mazda van-ish type vehicles, which is what we took.

jerseygirl81
10-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I check my codes I got off of mousesavers every so often to see if the rate has come down. The best rate I have gotten is with code 5007160 which is continental airlines I am a member but it's free to join and a coupon for a free day from the Entertainment book, we are only going for 4 nights so I can't use the National coupon. Linda :)

leeann32
10-13-2009, 09:09 AM
I just signed up for the Emerald Club with National. We aren't going until June or August, 2010. Is it too soon to reserve a car? I have some discounts from the E-Book. What are my chances of finding an Altima or Malibu/Impala on the EA?
What if there is nothing you like on the EA? Can you just pick any car in the intermediate row, or is the EA the intermediate row?

:surfweb:Me :drive:Dh :Pinkbounc Dd14 :hyper2:Ds 12 & ds 6

mousey
10-16-2009, 09:29 AM
September 30, 7:00pm .. A side

mostly cars, a few VW bugs, and 2 Mazda van-ish type vehicles, which is what we took.

Madge,
please PM me. Thanks, Mousey

Mouse511
10-17-2009, 09:00 PM
This afternoon EA had 4 malibu's, 4 impalas, 2 chargers, 1 avenger, 2 mazda's. We went with a malibu - practically brand new.....600 miles.

onyx8
10-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Sept 30, 10pm, A side. Many Altimas, one VW Bug, some Dodges and a Mazda 5 with a third row - we took the Mazda cause we needed the extra seats.

Cdn Friends of Pooh
10-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Just returned from our annual October trip ... we arrived at 5:30 pm on the 7th - B side ... Emerald Aisle had all sedans (nothing bigger than mid-size) but the Executive selection had mostly SUVs and some vans. We were shocked as we had never seen that many on the Exec row before ... there were only maybe 4 full size (chargers) and the rest were SUVs/vans.

jseuss
10-24-2009, 12:26 AM
bump

n2mm
10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Just returned from our annual October trip ... we arrived at 5:30 pm on the 7th - B side ... Emerald Aisle had all sedans (nothing bigger than mid-size) but the Executive selection had mostly SUVs and some vans. We were shocked as we had never seen that many on the Exec row before ... there were only maybe 4 full size (chargers) and the rest were SUVs/vans.

That is amazing. We are Exec. members and have used National 4 times this year, so far, and have never found anything bigger than a full size looking on both Side A and Side B. I hope this continues, as we will again be using National early December.

mkymouse4ever
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
We just got back from our october trip too:

Arrived side A oct 9th @ 11am. The regular EA was pretty much sedans. Had 1 of those hampster cars [sorry don't know the name], 1 hrh chevy, otherwise, mazda 6's, Pontiac's in the plenty. We took a Pontiac G6 with 2 miles on it. :thumbsup2 Nice trunk, and brand new very hard to pass on it.

The Executive aisle had Impalas, and a couple chevy suv's the big ones. Also saw 1 van.

Returned 11am on Sat 10/24 > took a quick look on the aisle and saw a few suv's and larger sedans again on executive. The regular EA had all smaller sedans.

*** Note, on the side between the return cars and where the aisle starts had several [brand new looking] convertible mustang's. They where not in the convertible aisle or EA, but off to the side. Wonder if they just got these and where they will put them. They where VERY nice looking.:thumbsup2 ***

Good luck everyone! mky:cutie:

leeann32
10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Bump

mkymouse4ever
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Need some EA club advice,

Again, this year we are at 38 rental days after our last trip. Have done this the last 3 years. But, considering renting a car here at home for 2 days to hit the 40. And become Executive level. Is it worth it? Have you noticed a difference in points or cars that much? It would last for 1 year right?

Thanks, mky:cutie:

n2mm
11-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Need some EA club advice,

Again, this year we are at 38 rental days after our last trip. Have done this the last 3 years. But, considering renting a car here at home for 2 days to hit the 40. And become Executive level. Is it worth it? Have you noticed a difference in points or cars that much? It would last for 1 year right?

Thanks, mky:cutie:

Oh Boy, you sound like me. I find myself counting to make sure I'm at the 40 day mark. One year I counted wrong and missed it by one day. Yes, we would do what you plan to do just to make it to the Exec Aisle. Once you're been there, it's hard to go back. You can choose from both aisles and the Exec aisle ALWAYS have better cars. You get your free days faster (6 credits instead of 7). Just a tip first, email them and ask them how many days they have for you. Sometimes partial days count as the whole day and sometimes they don't (that's why we missed it one year). I generally count nights, but if you're into a new day, it sometimes counts, so you may be good without knowing it. Once you reach that level, watch when you log in as you will change in the upper left corner right away and then it will be good for the entire calendar year after earning it. (IF you reach Ex Aisle level in Nov 09., you will be good until January 2011).

mkymouse4ever
11-02-2009, 08:55 AM
n2mm, thanks for the help!:wizard:

lawgs
11-06-2009, 06:57 AM
we just picked up yesterday at Side A approximately 10:30am

executive aisle had tons of larger SUVS on it tahoe suburban etc

very few cars but the emerald aisle had no suvs but plenty of cars, it would seem they have an over supply of SUV's

on another note, if you try to change times online to a time prior to your original arrival, you now seem to be stuck with the "current" rate since it is outside the parameters as they say of the original reservation

we had to go to the counter to be able to maintain our rate and get the car earlier, but sorta had to "fight" for Executive Aisle status, luckily a manager was there and just told us to do as usual, however, the NEW time contract had to be written up at the COUNTER, all we had to show at the exit booth was the contract and our licence

in trying to clarify the situation, it seems if you pick up later than your original contract "time" you would be alright, as long as you do not go over 12 hours past original ''time" ( although i was also told it was 24 hours, i tend to think it really is the 12 hour limit )

thus, one should be aware when booking a reservation to not leave the "times" as listed on national website but to adjust them such that you will not be penalized if when you do book flights if the times do not jive

the times they are a changin.......

mkymouse4ever
11-13-2009, 09:26 PM
:tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::t igger:

ShiPooOwner
11-14-2009, 07:49 PM
:cool1: bump

ToyStory
11-17-2009, 09:20 PM
:drive: :jumping1: :drive:

champagne27
11-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Picked up about 9:15 pm on Thursday night 11/5. There were lots of SUV's in the Emerald Aisle (sorry not sure if it was side A or B). There was also high end cars like a Dodge Charger and a few intermediates. Also a Jeep Wrangler type car that the hard roof could come off on - - almost went with that but seemed more like a hassle.

Went with a Jeep Commader with less then 200 miles - very nice and great deal since we paid for an intermediate car.

mkymouse4ever
11-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Ooooo, excited about the jeeps. that's different.

Anyone else?

:jumping1::jumping1::yo-yo::jumping1::jumping1:

n2mm
11-21-2009, 09:15 PM
We'll be picking up in less than 2 weeks and will post back when we return on Dec. 12.

Niagara2
11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Just back. Picked up on A side on Thursday 11/19 at around 4pm and got a mini van!!:cool1: We got a great Chrysler town and country with around 7000 miles on it. It had Texas plates on it. Really top of line inside for a mini van and had LED lighting throughout. There was one other mini van on the regular aisle and a few chargers also, then the usual midsizes. Executive Aisle had all larger cars and that was it.
Also last month (October) I was there for a day and got a Toyota Avalon on the regular aisle and that is considerd premium.
Things are looking up on the aisle in MCO!

n2mm
12-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Just back. Picked up on A side on Thursday 11/19 at around 4pm and got a mini van!!:cool1: We got a great Chrysler town and country with around 7000 miles on it. It had Texas plates on it. Really top of line inside for a mini van and had LED lighting throughout. There was one other mini van on the regular aisle and a few chargers also, then the usual midsizes. Executive Aisle had all larger cars and that was it.
Also last month (October) I was there for a day and got a Toyota Avalon on the regular aisle and that is considerd premium.
Things are looking up on the aisle in MCO!

Thanks, we get there Friday morning. Luckily I can choose from both aisles which increases my chances of a bigger vechile this time. I'm good with a full size (minimum for Exec aisle), but would like something bigger as we have more luggage this time because of we are doing both WDW and a cruise and picking up friends w/luggage. This is our sixth time we have rented a car THIS YEAR at MCO on the Exec aisle and have not gotten anything bigger than a full size during each rental (Jan/May/Jul/Aug/Oct). And this is being able to select from Exec or Regular Aisle and several times we went from the A side to the B side to see if the choices were better. I'm hoping my luck gets better this time.

ShiPooOwner
12-04-2009, 05:37 AM
This was my first time using EA. Be warned! I have extremely limited (read that as total understatement) of models of cars. We arrived on Tuesday, 12/1 at about 12:30 P.M. and were on side A and there were lots of Impalas, several minivans, a PT cruiser, a Hyundai, and an Avenger with 300 miles on it which is what I chose. There were only two of us or I probably would've taken a minivan. Just figured we didn't need the space and a family arriving might need it, so I headed to the Hyundai first but it had 14000 miles on it. The Avenger has been working out perfectly for us and it's so fun to drive. Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread alive because as a newbie, I didn't know what to expect. :thumbsup2

DebbieB
12-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Arrived yesterday, Dec 5 around 1:30pm. EA was all sedans. I did notice a VW Beetle and a Toyota Avalon. I chose my usual Chevy Impala, 1300 miles.

meuseman
12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Walked past the Aisle on Fri 11/27 at 11:00am. Saw a town and country and a Suburban!!! I was renting through Alamo, so I had to walk on past.

DebbieB
12-11-2009, 05:13 PM
After I returned the car this afternoon, we walked past the aisle, there were vans and SUVs at the end closest to the terminal.

DISNUT21
12-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I was on the executive emerald aisle yesterday returning my 2010, Jeep Wrangler Sierra. But, upon return to the B side, I noticed the Exec. Aisle was all cars, but it had a few gems... a Chrysler 300, as well as a Volvo S60, and a Ford Flex and Edge. Either than those cars, it was a total bust. Happy Renting!

n2mm
12-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Arrived on 12/4 @ 11:30AM Side A. Like Debbie, nothing but sedans on both the Executive and Emerald aisle. Nothing really to choose from. We were hoping for a SUV only because we were cruising so it was going to be tight with the luggage with another couple. We again did not luck out and ended up with a Kia Ultima. It was a nice car (full size w/bells and whistles). But the luggage was tight with 6 bags between the 4 of us. If we were not doing land and sea we would've been fine. So now my 2009 trips are over and I used Executive Aisle 5 times this year (I used alamo in October). I had a full size car all 5 trips this year and that is being an Executive member so had the opportunity to check both Exec and Emerald aisle and often checking both Side A and Side B. I hope my luck improves in 2010 as my next trip is January 21, 2010!

mkymouse4ever
12-22-2009, 07:51 PM
:dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo:: dumbo::dumbo::dumbo:

luvsTink
12-26-2009, 08:58 AM
bump-a-roo

krissyh
12-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Has anyone seen a convertible on the EA recently?
Hoping for one in January, but will be happy with ALMOST everything that has been seen on the EA.

krissyh
12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Anyone?

Convertibles?

K9pal
12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Didn't see any convertibles last weekend - but I got a brand spankin' new 2010 Hundai Sonata with 3 miles on the odometer! Not bad for $20/day the weekend before Christmas!

krissyh
12-28-2009, 04:16 PM
I drive a Sonata.
At least I'd know how to adjust the seat if that is all they have!

paras4ri
12-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Has anyone seen a convertible on the EA recently?
Hoping for one in January, but will be happy with ALMOST everything that has been seen on the EA.

We got one in August and it was one of several to choose from on a Friday evening around 8 pm. It doesn't sound like many have been seen since.

jerseygirl81
12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
We rented 12/12 to 12/16 from the A side exec. aisle not much on this aisle or emerald aisle we rented a Dodge Charger there was several impalas we wanted the 4 door jeep wrangler but they could'nt find the keys for it or somebody else would've snagged it. We liked the Charger but it was the same car we had last trip and the one before that we had an impala and we were hoping to try something different but I still like National. Linda :)

mousey
12-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Arrived last night around midnight and about 4 HHR's in the executive and emerald aisle along with a few malibus and someother midsize car. This was side B. A few minutes later a Toyota sienna minivan drove up and we took that.:cool1:

mkymouse4ever
01-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Time for a new decade and year! Here's the link to the 2010 thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34860186#post34860186

LISA32099
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
we got a jeep patriot on the emerald isle on 1/24. There were also several mini vans available-there were only 3 of us, so we picked the jeep-had about 1400 miles and that scrumptious new car smell....