PDA

View Full Version : Driving to WDW, where is a good place to stop?

chipper10
12-31-2008, 07:52 PM
We are driving from central Illinois to WDW in May. Does anyone know of a good place to stop on the way for the night? My DH would like to get past Atlanta by about an hour or so.

Does any have any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

cbrfan
12-31-2008, 08:20 PM
We usually stop at the Hampton Inn off the Macon bypass.

JonS99
01-03-2009, 02:56 AM
We drive from Kankakee County, last time stayed at a Farifield in Gainesville that was very nice...

pixidust princess
01-03-2009, 08:28 PM
chipper10, we live in central Illinois also. On the way down, we stayed in Valdosta, GA on the way down. Made for a long first day of driving, but this allowed us to get the majority of the driving done on the first day without DH having to drive straight through. On the way home to Illinois, we drove through Atlanta at 12:00am to avoid traffic in the city and stayed about an hour north of Atlanta. It worked out great for us. Dh didn't hit Atlanta traffic.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-03-2009, 10:35 PM
If your husband does not mind driving an extra 3-4 hours after getting threw Atlanta I also agree with stopping in Valdosta and staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta/Conference Center off exit 16. That's where my family and I always stay on our 2nd day of driving south and it's a great location.
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=VLDCCHX

Traveliz
01-03-2009, 11:31 PM
We live in Central Illinois and if my husband is going along we stop in Valdosta - if I am driving alone I stop in Macon.

Liz