PDA

View Full Version : Samantha & Dave's PJ... 2/8/10 WP/ADH, PS TR Started Pg 78!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

tiggersam00
12-31-2008, 10:22 AM
The Bride: Samantha (26)
The Groom: David (26)
Proposal: Magic Kingdom at WDW on 12/2/08 :santa:
DFTW: (Hopefully) February 2010

Ok so I am pretty new to the boards, but so far you have all helped me tremendously with the initial planning, so Thank you all a million times!

I guess I'll start at the begining, Dave and I 1st met in middle school. We kind of hung out with different groups but we were always nice to one another. A few years ago I did come across pictures of Dave and I on a geology field trip from eight grade (we had some totally awesome hairstyles back then lol). He was cute even then! During high school we still didn't hang out but we did work next door to each other. I worked at an outdoor florist shop and he worked at the gas station next door. During October he would help me push the super heavy carts holding pumpkins for Halloween on them away each night. I always loved a strong guy!

After high school we parted ways and didn't run into each other until after we had both moved home from college. Mutual high school friends all were meeting up one night at a local pub, and (sorry for this next part but hey it worked!) one of his friends and I quote "Dave is a good guy, just go kiss him"... so I did! He was a little shell shocked (and we both had a little bit of liquid courage that night I guess). For the next few weeks we kept meeitng up with one another by inviting out our mutual friends (I guess we were acting like high schoolers, oh well). Dave is very shy and I'm kind of the totaly opposite, so we made an interesting pair! After the 1st kiss, he was too shy to ask for my number, so I kept giving him oppurtunities to ask for it! Well, being a guy, he didn't pick up on my "subtle hints" so finally after 3 weeks of me getting increasingly annoyed with his inability to overcome his shyness, I took his cell phone, programed my number into it, and told him that he had my number and he also had 2 days to call me! I guess that was the "tough love" he needed because he called me up one night and we talked for hours and that was the start of our relationship... there were a few more kisses of course :lovestruc

So we have been dating for almost 4 years and just this past month he popped the question!

On December 1st we were leaving for WDW with his family (9 total), and he was so excited! I was pretty convinced that, even though I always dreamed about a WDW propsoal,I would not be getting engaged on the trip because he let me pack his suitcase, so he couldn't have hidden the ring anywhere! So I decided to just go and have a great time in the world (as if thats hard right!).
On 12/2 we had tickets to MVMCP and were planning on spending the whole day at the MK. We went on every ride (most 2x's) and just had a great day! By the end of the day I was ready for a little fireworks break then I was looking forward to sitting for a while during the parade, 12+ hours walking is tough! So we watched Wishes from the tommorowland bridge by the castle, he was very antsy throughout the fireworks, which I thought was a little weird, but hey sometimes men are weird! After it was over he asked me to walk with him by the castle, then he stopped at the wishing well "for a quick picture". He took out a coin and made a wish then handed me a coin and said close your eyes and make a wish. Well, of course I looked at the coin, realized it was a quarter not a penny and said "You can't make a wish on a quarter!". He said "Just do it", so I shrugged and did it. When I opended my eyes he had a perfect pink ring (I love pink) and was down on one knee. He said something that I'm sure was very sweet but neither of us seem to be able to remember! And asked me to marry him! I said Yes through many tears of Joy! And we then we went on Big Thunder Mountain railroad, because I had a burst of energy all of a sudden and just wanted to yell "I'm engaged" really loud! So the whole ride I was shouting to everyone down below in the park that I just got engaged, my DF thought I had gone loopy!

So thats all for now, but I'll keep you informed of the details and planning for our DFTW!
Here is us with Bruce in the meantime...
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/n748680262_5078882_4759.jpg

padisneyfour
12-31-2008, 11:53 AM
congrats and welcome to another 2010 bride...I love your e-story! looking forward to hearing more of your plans.... have fun!:goodvibes

tiggersam00
12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
I figured I would include a few pics from our Engagment trip since I am snowed in for New Years Eve with my DF lol! I'm on strike from shoveling!

My future SIL who was with us told Minnie I just got engaged and she was all giggly and girly, it was really cute! Here is Minnie checking out the ring
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000236.jpg

Here is us right after the proposal, (note our shell shocked looks) totally funny and unnatural!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000067.jpg

This is our whole traveling bunch! We had nine including the future BIL's baby. This is one of 2 family pics, getting 9 in a picture is tough work!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000275.jpg

This is my favorite! Who doesn't love the Gingerbread House??
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000254.jpg

Keira1387
12-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Congrats on the engagement! Looking forward to reading along!

tiggersam00
01-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Keira1387 thanks I love you pics in the signature! I have a feeling this whole disney wedding thing is going to be very addicting...

MegKate
01-02-2009, 12:10 PM
I love the picture of you two right after the proposal - you look totally mind... well a word I can't use on the board, but CONGRATS! :goodvibes

Where are you from in Massachusetts?

tiggersam00
01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
hey a Pats fan! Love your pic MegKate! We are from Newton, right outside of Boston. haha I can think of a few words I looked like, again not appropriate for Dis boards:lmao:

DisneyBrideToni
01-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Congrats on your engagement!!!! Can't wait to hear about your plans! :goodvibes

MegKate
01-02-2009, 02:52 PM
hey a Pats fan! Love your pic MegKate! We are from Newton, right outside of Boston. haha I can think of a few words I looked like, again not appropriate for Dis boards:lmao:

Right on the Green Line! How cool - great for Fenway/Garden access. I'm from Worcester (temporarily misplaced in Maine) and usually drive and park at Riverside to go into Boston. (sigh) HOME! :woohoo:

I'm still not over not having Playoffs this year. Bah!! :sad2:

Sorry to hijack with my mopey homesick sad about Pats self! pirate: LOL! I'm looking forward to reading more about your plans - especially the ones that involve pictures with descriptions we can't post on the boards! :rotfl:

tiggersam00
01-02-2009, 03:07 PM
haha love it! I live about a 1/2 mile from the green line, without Pats this season at least we have spring training in about a month to look forward to.. it is going to be a pretty miserable few weeks on Sunday afternoons though, guess I'll just have to try and plan this wedding for 4 hours each Sunday lol!

tiggersam00
01-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Ok, so I found the dress, simple A-Line strapless ivory with silver thread. Let me know what you think :)

Here is a close up of the front, excuse the weird models ladys makeup... I def will not be using red eyeshadow on my wedding day!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/1760C_LL.jpg

Here is the back

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/1760B_LL.jpg

And a full length shot.... she kinda looks like a weird Bridzilla Barbie with her arm like that dont you think? Pretty dress, scray model!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/1760F_LL.jpg

I appriciate all comments and jokes :goodvibes Thants all for now, but I'll keep you posted

Keira1387
01-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Keira1387 thanks I love you pics in the signature! I have a feeling this whole disney wedding thing is going to be very addicting...

Thank you!:goodvibes Planning a Disney wedding is very addicting!

Beautiful dress!! I'm glad your not wearing red eyeshadow with it!;)

MegKate
01-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Ok, so I found the dress, simple A-Line strapless ivory with silver thread. Let me know what you think :)

Here is a close up of the front, excuse the weird models ladys makeup... I def will not be using red eyeshadow on my wedding day!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/1760C_LL.jpg

Here is the back

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/1760B_LL.jpg

And a full length shot.... she kinda looks like a weird Bridzilla Barbie with her arm like that dont you think? Pretty dress, scray model!

I appriciate all comments and jokes :goodvibes Thants all for now, but I'll keep you posted

Beautiful Dress! And I agree - nix the red eye shadow!!

camara381
01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Welcome!!!! Can't wait to read about all your plans. :surfweb: The dress is gorgeous!!!! The model...well... c'mon who wouldn't want to look like that on their wedding day? :scared:

ariel1025
01-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Hello, I found your PJ link from a comment you left on my TR and I just had to come over and start reading. Sometimes I absolutely miss the planning process. It can be completely stressful at times but so much fun too. I just wanted to tell you that your dress is absolutely gorgeous. I love how the detailing goes all the way around (both the bodice and the bottom of the dress) and I LOVE how the back is in a "V" so that it drops down further than a normal strapless dress. Congratulations and I can't wait to read more about your plans!!

honey2741
01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=tiggersam00;29400546]I figured I would include a few pics from our Engagment trip since I am snowed in for New Years Eve with my DF lol! I'm on strike from shoveling!

My future SIL who was with us told Minnie I just got engaged and she was all giggly and girly, it was really cute! Here is Minnie checking out the ring
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000236.jpg

I absolutely love this picture. Congrats!

tiggersam00
01-04-2009, 11:23 AM
thanks honey 2741! I was totally red in the face, I was laughing so hard:rotfl:

tiggersam00
01-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Horray we Finally agreed on a date (I won't say it yet because it is not 100% confirmed from DFTW, and I am getting a bit superstitious LOL)

This was a huge step for us and it is just about a year away, February 2010, crazy!

I am so excited and just wanted to share that with you all! Now it's time to keep my fingers. toes, and eyes crossed until I hear from WDW:dance3:

ariel1025
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
:cool1: WAHOO for setting a date :cool1: :tinker: :tink: :tinker: :tink: :tinker: :tink: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: Lots and lots of pixie dust for ya so that your date becomes confirmed!!!

Keira1387
01-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Congrats on setting a date!!!:banana:

MegKate
01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
WAZOO!!:cheer2:

Congrats on setting a date - let us all know as soon as you get it! :goodvibes

tiggersam00
01-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks I will, this is going to be a stressful month, I hate waiting, oh well. I do LOVE my wedding consultant sofar though, she is so quick to answer anything, and basically picked my locations for me because i was in LALA land after I got engaged. Disney rules.

14disney
01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Congrats!!!!! What a dream trip you had! Sounds like your fiance did such a great job, getting engaged in MK!!!!! Did your fiance ask you if you wished for a proposal!!! I love the dress and congrats on picking your date, it will be hear before you know it, enjoy the planning!!!! We also are from Massachusetts and had a winter wedding. Congrats again!!!!!

tiggersam00
01-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Congrats!!!!! What a dream trip you had! Sounds like your fiance did such a great job, getting engaged in MK!!!!! Did your fiance ask you if you wished for a proposal!!! I love the dress and congrats on picking your date, it will be hear before you know it, enjoy the planning!!!! We also are from Massachusetts and had a winter wedding. Congrats again!!!!!

Thank you, it was wonderful, I wish I was back there now instead of stuck in a snowstorm I'll tell you that :rotfl: ! He did ask if I wished for a proposal actually, and to be totally honest since I had no idea a proposal was coming I wished that we would have enough time to go our all 3 mountains again :rotfl2: Oh well! What was it like having your wedding in the winter, I am excited for it, but as a true MA girl a little nervous about the weather

tiggersam00
01-10-2009, 11:44 PM
We also are from Massachusetts and had a winter wedding. Congrats again!!!!!

Meg (MegKate) is also a MA girl, what part of MA are you from?

14disney
01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I am from Saugus Mass and I'd rather be in Disney right now too, its so cold and snowy here today!

MegKate
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I am from Saugus Mass and I'd rather be in Disney right now too, its so cold and snowy here today!

Yay for another Mass. Bride!! :thumbsup2

14disney
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Our winter wedding was wonderful, there was snow on the ground but it ended up being about 60 degrees that day! When you watch our wedding video, no one had coats on!!! It was perfect. We had trolleys instead of limos, which was a big hit. For the inside we put winter theme snowglobes on each table and a vanilla candle too that had snowman on the label. Around the place we had snowman related candles and figures (next to sign in table, in each bathroom) and we had baskets for the bathrooms filled w/toiletries that had snowman on them too. It was a big hit. We also had a pic of us when u walked in for people to sign and we were in front of a fireplace in the pic, so all very wintery!

tiggersam00
01-13-2009, 11:40 AM
14disney Our winter wedding was wonderful, there was snow on the ground but it ended up being about 60 degrees that day! When you watch our wedding video, no one had coats on!!! It was perfect. We had trolleys instead of limos, which was a big hit. For the inside we put winter theme snowglobes on each table and a vanilla candle too that had snowman on the label. Around the place we had snowman related candles and figures (next to sign in table, in each bathroom) and we had baskets for the bathrooms filled w/toiletries that had snowman on them too. It was a big hit. We also had a pic of us when u walked in for people to sign and we were in front of a fireplace in the pic, so all very wintery!
So cute! Congrats you should put up some pics for us to see, I'm sure it was even more beautiful then you described!

And I love all the MA brides on here! Awesome :)

tiggersam00
01-14-2009, 10:40 AM
So as I sit here and dream about WDW (it's going to be 0 in MA tomorrow, so a girls gotta dream right). I figured I would update you all a little bit.
Dave and I have been very busy making (and adding) to our guest list. It is up to 272 right now :scared1: .

I think DM knows it needs to be cut though, she told me this morning, and I quote "My friend Tracey at work's, niece's, daughter's friend got married at Disney and they told her to make a huge list then cut it down, so I think I'll take her advice since Tracey knows 1st hand". :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I was dying laughing! Tracey didn;t even go to the wedding! Oh DM's! So I did feel very relieved to heat that she didn't really expect 272 invites to go out! Here is a pic of DM, DD and I at fenway park, we are baseball fanatics!

Besides that DF and I have been trying to decide what type of wedding we want. We have agreed on most everything :eek: which is crazy! We have decided to do a fun party type wedding instead of a formal black tie affair, lots of food, music, and dancing!

Now the non-agreements start... colors... who knew men didn't want pink? :laughing: Dave did agree that I could have some pink as long as he and his groomsmen didn't have to wear it, I thought that was a fair deal. So I am thinking of a few color options, they are totally different but let me know what you think. Don't pay attention to the actual flowers, centerpieces, plates, linens etc, just look at the colors and see how they go. I know it is going to be bold, bright colors thats for sure, ADH is very bright with all the lights and I think bright colors would be fun, I just don't want it to look like a huge crayola box exploded! I would love more opinions though :thumbsup2

Option 1: Raspberry and Aqua colors - I think it's a little bold and very romantic
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/large_image.jpg

Option 2: Coral and Fushcia- Fun and Simple, I really like the idea of candlelight (not sure how much Disney like it though) and I think this is simple and fun.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/orangeandpink2.jpg

Option 3: Violet and Sky Blue: I like this one because it is bold, but not too bright. Thoughts?
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/raspberryandaqua.jpg

Thats where we are at now with the wedding.

On a fun note, spring training starts soon so the red sox will be back in town in a few weeks!

Also, Dave and I are trying to decide where to eat when we go to WDW in August, we want to try new places and I was thinking maybe Artist Point and Le Chefs for a few fancier meals, and Wispering Canyon, Spoodles, Garden Grill, Ohana's, and 1900 Park Fair, and about 10 others :rotfl2: ! We are true foodies! Also, I think we will try to sched our PS while we are there too... I guess I'll just be eating for 10 days straight! Oh well :cool1: !

Let me know what you think about the colors and hopefully I'll have a really goodupdate tomorrow (keeping em' crossed...)

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-14-2009, 11:11 AM
I LOVE your proposal pictures! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!
By the way, DF loves blue and brown, and I love brown blue and pink so we settled on that! We will have blue dresses and a brwn sash and we've got the pink in there with the flowers. The boys will wear one pink gerbera....

Your dress is stunning as well by the way! I will have to post pics of mine soon...just afraid since df is on this site!

tiggersam00
01-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Mrsdisneyb2b I LOVE your proposal pictures! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!
By the way, DF loves blue and brown, and I love brown blue and pink so we settled on that! We will have blue dresses and a brwn sash and we've got the pink in there with the flowers. The boys will wear one pink gerbera....

Your dress is stunning as well by the way! I will have to post pics of mine soon...just afraid since df is on this site!

Thank you! I figure it so far our only disaggrement is colors then we're in pretty good shape! Love your colors, I'm in my friends wedding right now and we are in brown dresses and carrying blue flowers, I didnt think I would like it very much but when I tried it on I loved it! Such a great color combo!

I hear you about dress pics, I won't let DF on here b/c of that! He's been pretty good since he wants it to be a surprise too, so he doesnt peek :thumbsup2

tiggersam00
01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
A few more pics from our E-Trip that aren't so much "ahhh we're in love" but have a little mroe humor to them. I am missing WDW really bad today... who isn't?

Future SIL and i with the yummiest drink ever! Grand Marnier Orange Slushes from France in Epcot!! If you have never had it Try it immidiately!!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/n748680262_5275219_5939-1.jpg

DF after they let him ride Kali River Rapids 3x's in a row (it was a chilly night too)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/n748680262_5275136_6168.jpg

DF the afternoon before he propsed (he calls me a little nugget so I had to pose with the "nugget way" sign, his 6 year old nephew took a pic of me and got DF in it too by mistake)... DF was prob thinking who is this nut I'm going to propose to!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/n748680262_5277282_7024.jpg

Me giving DF "the look" after he said he didn't want to wear his groom ears.. I was not too pleased with this pic, but it is a little funny :laughing:
PS- He did end up wearing them... thats the power of "the look" :rotfl2:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/n748680262_5275373_3572.jpg

DF's nephew right as he saw the doors to Tower of Terror close for the 1st time... he was terrified... priceless :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/n748680262_5275371_3111.jpg

And finally, DF on It's a Small World... we got stuck for like 10 mins here :lmao:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/n748680262_5277289_8960.jpg

thats all for now...

tiggersam00
01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Ok so BIG news, I was crossing my finger all day yesterday and... I think a personal dream of mine is going to come true! I have been offered to purchase a dance school! I was a dance major in college and LOVE teaching and now I think my dream could come true. DF woke me up thi smorning and told me how proud he was of me and I have been giddy all day! I just had to share because I am so excited!

So we picked a Sunday in Feb for the wedding which I thought woiuld be great right? Well we came to realize it was Superbowl Sunday... coming from New England this is not cool.... what are we going to do! Well my awesome Wedding planner from disney had the best solution! Get married the day after the superbowl and have a lunchtime rehersal as a tailgate! How cool is that???
Also, my wedding planner said as of now we are the only couple on the sched to get married on our date! :woohoo: ! Soooo, we only have a few more weeks to wait until it's final!
Now I just have to figure out how to get the Pats in the superbowl next year....
The 1st thing DF said when I told him was "Hey don't they say, 'we're going to Disney World' when they win?" I said they do and he said "Cool we'll get to be ther then"
(I didn't have the heart to tell him that even though the winning team (hopefully Pats) will be there, he prob wouldnt get to see them because umm Hello the wedding!
Oh well, I was just so excited I think it took my 6 seconds to type all, so excuse any typos :cool1:

MegKate
01-15-2009, 11:16 AM
First off - congrats about the dance school! That is just awesome.:goodvibes to have a dream come true. Keep me updated as to how it goes! :dance3:

Hmm.. Pats in SuperBowl. I don't think it's an impossibility. They went 11-5 after Tom Brady got injured. I think Cassel is coming into his role as QB and I think we could def. go all the way next year. With or without TB. GO PATS! :cheer2:

BTW - I love the tailgate idea. That may be the best thing since bread came sliced!!!!!:yay:

tiggersam00
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
MegKate First off - congrats about the dance school! That is just awesome. to have a dream come true. Keep me updated as to how it goes!

Hmm.. Pats in SuperBowl. I don't think it's an impossibility. They went 11-5 after Tom Brady got injured. I think Cassel is coming into his role as QB and I think we could def. go all the way next year. With or without TB. GO PATS!

BTW - I love the tailgate idea. That may be the best thing since bread came sliced!!!!!

Thank you, I am so excited, I could hardly sleep last night:) I am keeping the faith about the Pats for 2009-2010! stupid TB propsing th Giselle and living in NYC... whatever Tom:mad: !
I'm pysched for a tailgate too, it'll be just like home :rotfl2:

tiggersam00
01-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Updates, updates, update! We choose our wedding party, and DF finally asked all his GM's! Here it is, we have 5 and 5 so I think thats plenty.

My girls:
MOH: Jess, my best cousin
MOH 2: My BFF Maria (I figure it's our day and if I want 2 MOH's then who cares, and if anyone says anything then they need to get a life!)
BM: Future SIL Jenny, she is just awesome! She was the keeper of the ring on the plane trip to WDW for our engagment!
BM: Andrea, a very close friend (and she will be doing my hair on the day of, shes a great friend)
BM: Kim, another very close friend (she is getting married in September 09 so I can talk wedding with her LOL)

DF's Guys
BM: Rob - his brother
GM: Tim - his BFF, such a sweetheart!
GM: Alex - My Brother (I cant wait to see if he brings a date LOL)
GM: Billy - his other BFF, lives in CA so I am so excited he is coming for the wedding!
GM: John- DF's college roomate- also lives in CA and is getting married in May 2010 so we get to see him at least twice in 2010!

I am working on a wedding newsletter and an attendent newsletter so I'll post some pics once I finish editing them.
Now you know the cast of characters, we are so grateful to have our closest friends and family stand by us on this important day!

Next Up: Colors and BM dresses!

padisneyfour
01-17-2009, 06:47 PM
looking forward to reading more of your plans! good luck with everything:goodvibes

princess22
01-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Hello! I followed your link from your post in my PJ! I am hooked on yours now! I think the tailgate sounds fun (hate to say it though, I'm not rooting for the Pats, my heart is with the Bucs)

Oh, and for your colors, I like option number 2!

tiggersam00
01-18-2009, 12:01 AM
princess22: Hello! I followed your link from your post in my PJ! I am hooked on yours now! I think the tailgate sounds fun (hate to say it though, I'm not rooting for the Pats, my heart is with the Bucs)

Oh, and for your colors, I like option number 2!

Thanks, we can follow each others now :) I wont hold it against you about the bucs though :lmao:
I am leaning towards option 2 as well... now to convince DF...:scratchin

polynesianbride
01-18-2009, 01:01 AM
WOW so I had looked at your PJ before but tonight I looked and feel like I missed TONS! So much exciting news where to begin? 1)First off love the color options! I love bright, fun, and non-traditional colors too! I was most drawn to the rasberry and aqua pic... but maybe that's just because I love cake:rotfl2: I actually love all the options! Our main colors are going to be a leaf green and fuschia but with touches of orange and aqua... so pretty much that exploding crayon box you mentioned:lmao: 2)I love the pic of DF's nephew... he is SOOOOO cute- will he be your ring bearer? 3)Congrats on the dance school! That is so cool! What an AMAZING opportunity! Hope it works out... keep us updated:banana: 4)Who is your wedding planner? That is an awesome idea about having a rehearsal tailgate! YAY:cheer2: I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your date! Can't wait to hear more!

ariel1025
01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
How exciting that you've picked all of your bridal attendants. And you are SO right, you can have as many MOHs as you want...it's your day!!! I can't wait to see the newsletters. I definitely wished I would have thought to do a bridal party newsletter...it would have saved me TONS of cell phone minutes :rotfl: Can't wait for the next updated.

tiggersam00
01-18-2009, 06:58 PM
ariel1025: How exciting that you've picked all of your bridal attendants. And you are SO right, you can have as many MOHs as you want...it's your day!!! I can't wait to see the newsletters. I definitely wished I would have thought to do a bridal party newsletter...it would have saved me TONS of cell phone minutes Can't wait for the next updated.

Thank you! I'll put up some newsletter pics later on today (or maybe tomorrow since it wont stop snowing and we have to keep shoveling :rolleyes2 )oh well! I hope it saves me a little time since our bridal party lives in MA, CA, and SC.

polynesianbride WOW so I had looked at your PJ before but tonight I looked and feel like I missed TONS! So much exciting news where to begin? 1)First off love the color options! I love bright, fun, and non-traditional colors too! I was most drawn to the rasberry and aqua pic... but maybe that's just because I love cake I actually love all the options! Our main colors are going to be a leaf green and fuschia but with touches of orange and aqua... so pretty much that exploding crayon box you mentioned 2)I love the pic of DF's nephew... he is SOOOOO cute- will he be your ring bearer? 3)Congrats on the dance school! That is so cool! What an AMAZING opportunity! Hope it works out... keep us updated 4)Who is your wedding planner? That is an awesome idea about having a rehearsal tailgate! YAY I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your date! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks! I have been following along with your PJ too! Loving all the options is my problem too, I found a Bridesmaid dress today online in aqua and it is making me like aqua even more now.
DF's nephew is a ham in pictures, I think we'll ask him as it gets closer so he doesnt have to wait to go to WDW for a whole year!
The dance school is a huge work in progress but I am so excited, I will def keep you posted!
I havent got my planner yet, hopefully my date will be booked with DFTW in early Feb, so I think I should get one after that, and I hope they are as awesome as everyone else's on here have been!

tiggersam00
01-18-2009, 08:01 PM
So I have spent a good portion of the weekend online shopping for the wedding... Here are my latest buys (an a splurge too:goodvibes )

I know it's early but I bought some BM gifts, let me know what you think!
Vera Bradley Photo Books ($10.50 each on sale from $15) and matching Vera Bradley PJ pants ($15 each -marked down from $45!)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/PBVB-1585.png http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/10148003.png

I also bought them tank tops to match the PJ pants from for $12 each but I got 20% off by using the code "shopwedd". I liked the little crown, I thought it was a little disney princess-ish ($9.50 each!) They are hot pink which isnt what's shown but oh well.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/yhst-67168322111134_2033_37956397.jpg

Then I treated myself to my wedding earrings, I bought them from weddingish.com too, they are the snow white earrings from Kristie Kelly, ($60 marked down to $42 then 20% off, so $33 for the pair!) I have to make sure they match the dress but I think I'll keep them no matter what!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/yhst-67168322111134_2033_15755463.gif

I also got some disney bride tees made, so I'll post some pics once they come in.
Next up: The newsletters:cool1:

Carye
01-19-2009, 01:19 AM
It is so good to know I am not the only one on here for 2010. We have a lot in common, I also met my DF in middle school and then got together as adults, and he proposed at Disney Hollywood Studios in Sept. We are planning on 1-11-10 but a much smaller crowd 30-40. Can't wait to see how your planning goes, I am right there with you. BTW the dress is gorgeous!! We are big foodies too and have about 15 meals to plan for the planning trip and the wedding/disneymoon. I highly suggest Ohana and Chef's De France, we loved them on our engagement trip.:wave:

tiggersam00
01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Carye- It is so good to know I am not the only one on here for 2010. We have a lot in common, I also met my DF in middle school and then got together as adults, and he proposed at Disney Hollywood Studios in Sept. We are planning on 1-11-10 but a much smaller crowd 30-40. Can't wait to see how your planning goes, I am right there with you. BTW the dress is gorgeous!! We are big foodies too and have about 15 meals to plan for the planning trip and the wedding/disneymoon. I highly suggest Ohana and Chef's De France, we loved them on our engagement trip.

Thank you so much! There are a few brides on here for 2010 already, it's fun to track because you get to see what you need to be doing :)
I totally agree food is my main concern, I want to try it all thats the problem :rotfl: ! But I think Chefs and Ohana are 2 we are def going to try when we go in August! Have you started a PJ yet? I would love to follow along with your plans too!

polynesianbride
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Thank you so much! There are a few brides on here for 2010 already, it's fun to track because you get to see what you need to be doing :)
I totally agree food is my main concern, I want to try it all thats the problem :rotfl: ! But I think Chefs and Ohana are 2 we are def going to try when we go in August! Have you started a PJ yet? I would love to follow along with your plans too!

If you go to OHana in August you definately have to let me know the full review. We ate there last in 2006 and since then I've seen some mixed reviews and they've made some menu changes... as you probably know that's where we're planning for our reception so I really hope it's still as great. We went for a last minute 4 day trip to Disney in Dec but by the time we decided we were going it was all booked up and no ADR's left. We decided to try anyways when we got there... we showed up at the restaurant 30 min before they opened and it was a ZOO... and after waiting in line for 40 min we got to talk to the host who said their next opening was the following Wed night at 9:40...too bad our plane left before that:rotfl: So I'm guessing it's still good since it's wildly popular but a good review from a trusted DISbride would set me at ease:cool1:

You have some lucky bridesmaids for sure! YAY for sales! The earrings are great and I think they will be perfect with your dress! Are you going to have a necklace? Tiara? Cant' wait to see more!

MegKate
01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey Sam! :wave2: I'm a Vera Bradley junkie, so I love the PJ pants and photo albums. I saw them on sale on the website - I was thinking about getting them in Daisy Daisy. Which pattern did you get?

And you also have excellent taste in earrings! I was so going to do the Snow White earrings - they're gorgeous! :thumbsup2

We posted at the exact same time - we rock! :)

tiggersam00
01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
polynesianbride- If you go to OHana in August you definately have to let me know the full review. We ate there last in 2006 and since then I've seen some mixed reviews and they've made some menu changes... as you probably know that's where we're planning for our reception so I really hope it's still as great. We went for a last minute 4 day trip to Disney in Dec but by the time we decided we were going it was all booked up and no ADR's left. We decided to try anyways when we got there... we showed up at the restaurant 30 min before they opened and it was a ZOO... and after waiting in line for 40 min we got to talk to the host who said their next opening was the following Wed night at 9:40...too bad our plane left before that So I'm guessing it's still good since it's wildly popular but a good review from a trusted DISbride would set me at ease

You have some lucky bridesmaids for sure! YAY for sales! The earrings are great and I think they will be perfect with your dress! Are you going to have a necklace? Tiara? Cant' wait to see more!

Adelia- I will def give you the full report in August, I think there was a lot of confusion with Ohana/Kona Cafe and the quality of the food. I last went ot Ohana is 04 for breakfast and it was great, but I have been dying to try thr dinner there!
Thanks, I also got one more fun thing today, I order Lands End tote bags in 5 different colors and had there names monogramed on them. I did light pink, hot pink, coral, red and yellow all with a natural color bag. I figured that would be easy to bring to FL and it could come in handy if the girls go crazy shopping (which knowing my BM's I'm sure will happen :lmao: )
I'm thinking about adding the necklace, but I want to see the earrings 1st.
DF doesnt like veils for some reason (not sure why) so I think I may just do a nice up-do with an orchid in my hair. But who knows, I change my mind about my hair all the time!

tiggersam00
01-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Ok so I also (much like Stacy) just realized I havent posted any pics of my ring! So here it is, its a round pink sapphire center stone with diamonds around the bezel and band. It is perfect for me I'm a total pink lady!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000391.jpghttp://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000395.jpg

Carye
01-19-2009, 11:26 PM

I am a total foodie myself...we have a list of over 30 places we want to try and still would love to go back to the ones we have already hit up...too few days, we will just have to spend more time at WDW :rotfl: I just started my PJ but here is the link for it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2063918
I am so glad to have a place to find out what other Disney brides are thinking, the bride mags are not near as much help as these girls experiences are.

tiggersam00
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Sam! I'm a Vera Bradley junkie, so I love the PJ pants and photo albums. I saw them on sale on the website - I was thinking about getting them in Daisy Daisy. Which pattern did you get?

And you also have excellent taste in earrings! I was so going to do the Snow White earrings - they're gorgeous!

We posted at the exact same time - we rock!
Hi there Meg! (I was actually thinking about you the other night, I have a new student in one of my hip hop classes named Meg and she has an AWESOME nickname! I guess she was a dinosaur for halloween when she was a kid and that earned her the nickname Megasourus! I thought it totally rocked and had to tell you!)
I didnt even see your post till today since as you said "we rock" and posted at the same time.
I'm a Vera Junkie too, I got Pinwheel Pink and Rapberry Fizz in both the PJ's and photo books. BUT I was at Marshall's last night and found 4 sets of Daisy Daisy Vera Invitations for $4.99 each! So if I can find another at the marshalls I will go to tonight I am thinking of adding those (if not I'm just using them as shower invites hee hee).
I have been finding so much Vera stuff at marshalls lately (the stationary and non-bag stuff anyways)
I can't wait to see the earrings, I will def post pics when I get them. How was you PS by the way?? Did you try all the yummy disney food?

malibustacey
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
ooooh i love the ring!!!! Its sooo pretty!

I feel so bummed that we cant go out for a planning session before the wedding! (living in UK and not being able to afford another trip to FL) I really want to go and try the foods that they could have on offer! We are going out there in March and we will not be allowed to have tasting sessions because its too early and we havent signed the contract. =(

You'll have to try all the foods out for me! And you'll have to do the cake tasting too!

I wish we had the kind of stores you have in America, where you seem to find amazing bits and bobs for your weddings. In the UK, all we have is old fashioned craft shops - well so far i havent found anything i want to buy to help out with the wedding or create something for the wedding!!

When we go there in March this year, I will take a look around a few shops, maybe you could reccomed a few if you know any in Orlando area to try and find all the stuff that everyone seems to be buying on here! hehe!!

malibustacey
01-20-2009, 04:53 PM
I really like your dress by the way!!!!- it looks really elegant! Its a lovely shape.

You will feel like a princess in it!! (i cannot wait til sat-im trying my dress choices on for the first time!)

I have recently decovered Davids Bridal - and if i can find a dress here that they sell, i will get it made and shipped to me because their prices are cheaper! - even with the exchange rate!

ooh p.s - i think you both look like a really cute couple!! Love your photos!!

tiggersam00
01-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you so much, it was the one I kept coming back to so I knew it was the dress! Sooo exciteing about your dress shopping! Make sure you take lots of pics for us! David's Bridal does have some great stuff!
I dont have my PS until August but Meg just went so make sure to check her PJ once she posts :) But I sure cant wait for mine!
When you visit you need to check out the Prime outlets in Orlando, they have awesome outlet stores, there is even a WDW outlet that sells stuff from the parks for very discounted prices! They have great designer stores and some fun stores that have cute gifts. Also my favorite store in WDW is called Basin in Downtown Disney (they also have Basin White in the GF which is awesome too), they have awesome soaps and lotions -its a very addicting store!
Love following each others PJ's!:cool1:

tiggersam00
01-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Just a quick update, we are booked with our Rev! Yippee! We got Rev Jack Day, he seems really sweet, and nice! Does anyone know -because I couldnt really tell- does he have a very think southern accent? I had a little bit of a tough time understanding him on the phone and I didnt know if it was my northern ears have trouble with southern accents, or a bad cell connection. Anyone?
He is sending us a "Jack Pack" with all our wedding ceremony info. I loved when he said to call him with any questions though, very sweet!

malibustacey
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Thank you so much, it was the one I kept coming back to so I knew it was the dress! Sooo exciteing about your dress shopping! Make sure you take lots of pics for us! David's Bridal does have some great stuff!
I dont have my PS until August but Meg just went so make sure to check her PJ once she posts :) But I sure cant wait for mine!
When you visit you need to check out the Prime outlets in Orlando, they have awesome outlet stores, there is even a WDW outlet that sells stuff from the parks for very discounted prices! They have great designer stores and some fun stores that have cute gifts. Also my favorite store in WDW is called Basin in Downtown Disney (they also have Basin White in the GF which is awesome too), they have awesome soaps and lotions -its a very addicting store!
Love following each others PJ's!:cool1:

Ohhh yes, i know Prime, we are very good friends!! We spent a lot of time together last feb.. heh!! I like Premium outlets too...!! I love shopping at Disney too.. i love getting presents for people, i got loads of presents for people out there last Feb! I like the glass ornimant shop in MK!! Its sooo pretty in there! hehe! I like the shops in DHS too!

By the way, i think you are a good looking couple and your wedding will be soo amazing... i still cant get over how many people will be going to your wedding! Sam- i think your nuts! 180 people! hehe!!

I like the aqua / raspberry colours and i also like the turquoise blue and pink too- i thought about that.. but im not sure.. it think it could look okay because DF wants to wear a white suit so im sure we could get the blue or pink cravats to go with it and get matching buttonaires and bouquets that are pink and blue.

again - i lurrrve your dress, i just had a look at it again!!

I think its good we are following each others PJ's too!! It makes me all excited to hear about other peoples plans!!

Carye
01-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Just a quick update, we are booked with our Rev! Yippee! We got Rev Jack Day, he seems really sweet, and nice! Does anyone know -because I couldnt really tell- does he have a very think southern accent? I had a little bit of a tough time understanding him on the phone and I didnt know if it was my northern ears have trouble with southern accents, or a bad cell connection. Anyone?
He is sending us a "Jack Pack" with all our wedding ceremony info. I loved when he said to call him with any questions though, very sweet!

Wow...Josh and I just looked at the officiants list the other night. Pretty sure we are going to go with Rev. Tim Herring, I come from a catholic background and we just got a good feeling from his website, some of the others just gave us really weird vibes. If you don't mind me asking, how much is Jack Day charging?

princess22
01-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Wow...Josh and I just looked at the officiants list the other night. Pretty sure we are going to go with Rev. Tim Herring, I come from a catholic background and we just got a good feeling from his website, some of the others just gave us really weird vibes. If you don't mind me asking, how much is Jack Day charging?

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here Sam, but I'm deciding on my officiant right now also. I have spoke with Rev. Tim Herring and Rev. Jack Day, they are both the same price. I'm torn as to who to chose. I had it down to the two of them, and then another DIS bride gave me the name of someone else, and now I'm even more confused!

Enough about me, I LOVE YOUR RING! It's gorgeous! Congrats on getting Rev. Jack Day. He is sending me a Jack Pack also!

tiggersam00
01-22-2009, 09:43 AM
malibustacey: Ohhh yes, i know Prime, we are very good friends!! We spent a lot of time together last feb.. heh!! I like Premium outlets too...!! I love shopping at Disney too.. i love getting presents for people, i got loads of presents for people out there last Feb! I like the glass ornimant shop in MK!! Its sooo pretty in there! hehe! I like the shops in DHS too!

By the way, i think you are a good looking couple and your wedding will be soo amazing... i still cant get over how many people will be going to your wedding! Sam- i think your nuts! 180 people! hehe!!

I like the aqua / raspberry colours and i also like the turquoise blue and pink too- i thought about that.. but im not sure.. it think it could look okay because DF wants to wear a white suit so im sure we could get the blue or pink cravats to go with it and get matching buttonaires and bouquets that are pink and blue.

again - i lurrrve your dress, i just had a look at it again!!

I think its good we are following each others PJ's too!! It makes me all excited to hear about other peoples plans!!

Thank you for your compliments, you and Wayne are going to have an amazing wedding as well, by the way where in the UK areyou from? I have 12 guests coming in from right outside Reading.
Haha, I love the primium outlets as well! Any outlet is cool in my book :thumbsup2 !
You are completely right, I am nuts! I don't who will actually show up though (I would love only 50 to show hehe, but accoding to WDW that is not going to happen.. oh well!) The good thing about white is that anything goes with it, so your DF will definetly match! I think the blue and pink will look nice together too!
I love following along with each other too, it's kind of funny when you think about the fact that we live in 2 totally different parts of the world and DFTW connects us on here, I think thats really cool!

Carye: Wow...Josh and I just looked at the officiants list the other night. Pretty sure we are going to go with Rev. Tim Herring, I come from a catholic background and we just got a good feeling from his website, some of the others just gave us really weird vibes. If you don't mind me asking, how much is Jack Day charging?

Not at all, Jack and Tim both charge $300 if you want a rehersal and $200 if you don't. I liked Tim alot too, I was debating between them, but the pic on Jack's webiste of him and his wife in Cinderellas carriage where he wrote "Still my Cinderella, since 1951, you can do the same" made me start to cry! Thats when I knew I had to go with Rev Jack:flower3: ! I know Tim does do a Catholic ceremony outside of the church so that is a very nice option too, if your from a Catholic background.
And, yes, some of the other websites did seem a little "off"... I'm sure you'll love Rev Tim, other brides on here rave about him!

princess22: Hope you don't mind if I jump in here Sam, but I'm deciding on my officiant right now also. I have spoke with Rev. Tim Herring and Rev. Jack Day, they are both the same price. I'm torn as to who to chose. I had it down to the two of them, and then another DIS bride gave me the name of someone else, and now I'm even more confused!

Enough about me, I LOVE YOUR RING! It's gorgeous! Congrats on getting Rev. Jack Day. He is sending me a Jack Pack also!

hahaha, I love the Jack Pack! So cute! I was torn between the 2 of them too, an dit finally came down to the picture of Jack and his wife that I mentioned above. (DF and I liked them both, so we finally just made a choice based on that which is a little impulsive but otherwise we would have been debating it for months!)
If you had to pick right now, who would you rather have marry you?

malibustacey
01-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I know- whats the time out there!? I always think if i post on here, i wont see the reply until the next day, ect...!! I am at work now- its 4:50pm in the afternoon- leaving work soon yay!! i spend my whole day on here hahaa!!

I am from South East London- Greenwich? I dunno if you know it, Reading isnt that far... a train journey away.

How will you be booking thier tickets? Or will they book their tickets themselves? I want to fly by Virgin with our guests, and i was thinking about a group booking? and whether that would be best because we may get a discount if we book all together (but pay seperately)...

where is Massachusetts? I'm sure i saw a girl last time i was in Orlando with a high school jumper or uni jumper with it on the front and i really wanted one! hehe!

tiggersam00
01-22-2009, 11:37 AM
:thumbsup2 hahaha sounds like my day! It's just after 1pm here now, I think we have a 6 hour time diff. Boston Massachusetts (right by me) is about 3 hours from New York City on the east coast.
I know where you are, I got lost on a train ride through there going to London on my last trip lol!
I have read on here that you can contact the airlines and tell them you have a group booking and they will give you a code that your guests can all use for $$ off the ticket prices (this is good too, beacause they dont all have to take the same flight).

disneygal922
01-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi! :wave2: Just found your PJ! I'm a 2010 bride too! :flower3:

:rotfl: She totally looks like a weird Bridzilla Barbie! The dress is gorgeous!
So as I sit here and dream about WDW (it's going to be 0 in MA tomorrow, so a girls gotta dream right).
Now the non-agreements start... colors... who knew men didn't want pink? :laughing: Dave did agree that I could have some pink as long as he and his groomsmen didn't have to wear it, I thought that was a fair deal.

I'm from Chicago so I totally understand the sub-zero winter blues. I've been dreaming of WDW since November:lmao: As for pink... DF said the same thing to me! I really like the Violet and Sky blue!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans! Glad to see another 2010 disbride! :goodvibes

not_Joanna_eggs
01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
:wave2: Just popping in to say hi.

And I'm way behind, but I like the idea of a tailgate party for the SB! And I must say I'm jealous that you're a fan of a team that could actually be in the Super Bowl... We're getting married on Championship Sunday...but we figured that the chances of the Packers being in the NFC championship are so slim that it wasn't even an issue :sad2: (Now watch - our defense will suddenly learn how to play football...)

The dress is gorgous! (Though I may have nightmares of Bridezilla Barbie coming and attacking me with her bouquet grabbing action feature! :rotfl: )

And you're ring is so pretty... I LOVE the pink!

You've got so much done already! You're making me feel like a total slacker...

Okay... back to at least pretending to do work....

Carye
01-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I know- whats the time out there!? I always think if i post on here, i wont see the reply until the next day, ect...!! I am at work now- its 4:50pm in the afternoon- leaving work soon yay!! i spend my whole day on here hahaa!!

I am from South East London- Greenwich? I dunno if you know it, Reading isnt that far... a train journey away.

How will you be booking thier tickets? Or will they book their tickets themselves? I want to fly by Virgin with our guests, and i was thinking about a group booking? and whether that would be best because we may get a discount if we book all together (but pay seperately)...

where is Massachusetts? I'm sure i saw a girl last time i was in Orlando with a high school jumper or uni jumper with it on the front and i really wanted one! hehe!

I looked into doing a group rate for flying and was lucky enough that the lady I talked to told me that honestly, your guests can get better fares through internet specials. The group fare is not much of a discount, it just gives more flexibility, the people actually flying can be switched as well as the times when available, they can also be canceled at the last minute without penalty, but they do have better fares out there.

tiggersam00
01-22-2009, 02:32 PM
not_Joanna_eggs: The dress is gorgous! (Though I may have nightmares of Bridezilla Barbie coming and attacking me with her bouquet grabbing action feature! ) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You Rock! Thats the funniest thing I'ver heard all day! She totally does have a bouquet grabbing action feature! :rotfl2:

tiggersam00
01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Carye: I looked into doing a group rate for flying and was lucky enough that the lady I talked to told me that honestly, your guests can get better fares through internet specials. The group fare is not much of a discount, it just gives more flexibility, the people actually flying can be switched as well as the times when available, they can also be canceled at the last minute without penalty, but they do have better fares out there.

Good to know, I have heard positive things about airtrans rates though for weddings. It's not on the website though... time for me to put on my researching outfit and go to work:drive: !

disneygal922: Hi! Just found your PJ! I'm a 2010 bride too!
Horray for 2010! I am going to start reading your PJ today so I can follow your plans too! I'm glad someone else can appriciate the 0 degree thing, it can get tough sitting here watching snow fall and reading trip reports of sunny FL! Oh well!

not_Joanna_eggs Just popping in to say hi.

And I'm way behind, but I like the idea of a tailgate party for the SB! And I must say I'm jealous that you're a fan of a team that could actually be in the Super Bowl... We're getting married on Championship Sunday...but we figured that the chances of the Packers being in the NFC championship are so slim that it wasn't even an issue (Now watch - our defense will suddenly learn how to play football...)

The dress is gorgous! (Though I may have nightmares of Bridezilla Barbie coming and attacking me with her bouquet grabbing action feature! )

And you're ring is so pretty... I LOVE the pink!

You've got so much done already! You're making me feel like a total slacker...

Okay... back to at least pretending to do work....

Thank you for making me laugh and your compliements! Our team may next year too bad we have a QB who likes supermodels more then recovery... oh well! Who knows the PAckers could start palying well, our Celtics did 2 years ago and no one saw that one coming!
I don't have that much done yet, trust me I havent done all the crafty projects I see on here everyday (craft stores secretly intimidate me...) :lmao:

malibustacey
01-22-2009, 04:29 PM
you all talking about the Celtics and Packers - i have no clue who they are or what team they are but im guessing baseball? or soccer? heheheeee!!!

I love the American football and Baseball shirts- may i ask- who are the teams in Orlando? I dont know if they are good or not, but i'd like to get their shirts when i go out in March (just because Disney is in Orlando!! hehe!)

Thanks for the advice on the group fares!! I will bear that in mind. I want as many people on the same flight as possible, hehe!

It was -4 and -6/7 in England a few days ago- artic weather came in and my gosh- it was the coldest weather i have been in - and that was during the day- at night it was colder!! I cannot wait to go Disney in March!! I hope its really nice and hot and sunny!!

tiggersam00
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
malibustacey: you all talking about the Celtics and Packers - i have no clue who they are or what team they are but im guessing baseball? or soccer? heheheeee!!!

I love the American football and Baseball shirts- may i ask- who are the teams in Orlando? I dont know if they are good or not, but i'd like to get their shirts when i go out in March (just because Disney is in Orlando!! hehe!)

Thanks for the advice on the group fares!! I will bear that in mind. I want as many people on the same flight as possible, hehe!

It was -4 and -6/7 in England a few days ago- artic weather came in and my gosh- it was the coldest weather i have been in - and that was during the day- at night it was colder!! I cannot wait to go Disney in March!! I hope its really nice and hot and sunny!!
haha close... The Celtics are Boston's basketball team and the Packers are Green Bay Wisconsins (american) football team. Orlando does not have any professional sports teams, but Tampa (close to Orlando) has the Bucceneers (american Football) and they play their pre-season games at Disney World Wide World of Sports Complex. However, as a true Massachusetts bride I think you should get a Red Sox shirt, they are the best team ever! (I may be biased, but hey I'm allowed) Just think you'll be in WDW in less then 2 months and out of that cold!:goodvibes

princess22
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
haha close... The Celtics are Boston's basketball team and the Packers are Green Bay Wisconsins (american) football team. Orlando does not have any professional sports teams, but Tampa (close to Orlando) has the Bucceneers (american Football) and they play their pre-season games at Disney World Wide World of Sports Complex. However, as a true Massachusetts bride I think you should get a Red Sox shirt, they are the best team ever! (I may be biased, but hey I'm allowed) Just think you'll be in WDW in less then 2 months and out of that cold!:goodvibes

There is the Orlando Magic, basketball, I think they might be doing alright this season. I'm a big Buc fan though, I feel the same about them as you do the Red Sox. My house has been quiet miserable the last few months since they let their season go down the drain!

tiggersam00
01-22-2009, 07:23 PM
I knew I liked you! Your a sox fan! I totally fogot about the Orlando Magic:scratchin ... oops! well there ya go, get a Magic jersey!:thumbsup2

MegKate
01-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi there Meg! (I was actually thinking about you the other night, I have a new student in one of my hip hop classes named Meg and she has an AWESOME nickname! I guess she was a dinosaur for halloween when she was a kid and that earned her the nickname Megasourus! I thought it totally rocked and had to tell you!)
I didnt even see your post till today since as you said "we rock" and posted at the same time.
I'm a Vera Junkie too, I got Pinwheel Pink and Rapberry Fizz in both the PJ's and photo books. BUT I was at Marshall's last night and found 4 sets of Daisy Daisy Vera Invitations for $4.99 each! So if I can find another at the marshalls I will go to tonight I am thinking of adding those (if not I'm just using them as shower invites hee hee).
I have been finding so much Vera stuff at marshalls lately (the stationary and non-bag stuff anyways)
I can't wait to see the earrings, I will def post pics when I get them. How was you PS by the way?? Did you try all the yummy disney food?

Hey Sam! :wave2:

Thanks for thinking of me! I was a Megasaurus Rex when I was a kid for Halloween too - so how funny is that!! (There are so many nicknames for Meghan!) I'll see if I can find them when I get home :thumbsup2

I only booked my PS - I'm going for my birthday in May. I WISH I had been down there last week lol :rotfl: we were -40 up here. I can't wait to go down - there's going to be a day by day TR! I promise I'll take tons of pictures!

I'm glad you got Rev. Jack - I think he is southern, but like you that could be my Massachusettsian ears working. :lmao: He seems like a really nice grandfatherly type.

Now I'm adding Marshalls and TJ Maxx on to my list when I get home. We have a few of them in Worcester and surrounding towns. I have only ever been able to find the accessories at their stores before. And then only of the discountinued patterns. I once got a ton of Bermuda Blue and Pink accessories there - on red tag clearance for less than 50! And I think each thing was less than 4! So I would be psyched to find Daisy Daisy. :) Thanks so much - you're like my Massachusettsian shopper/planner for when I get back home!!!

How is the dance studio going?? :goodvibes

malibustacey
01-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Yes i did get your posts on my PJ this morning- good morning to you too! You'll be reading this in the afternoon i guess so good afternoon to you!! hehe!! :rotfl:

ooh so could i get a Red Sox shirt in shops in Orlando when i go there in March? I will look out for the Orlando Magic too!! hehe!!

tiggersam00
01-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Stacy- If you do get a Red Sox shirt you will become a member of what we call "Red Sox Nation"! :)

On a side note I am a total brat today....

I was not suppose to go to WDW until July/Aug this year but.... I got an email from WDW this morning with a new promotion. Dave and I will be paying $868 for 5 days 6 nights at the POP with park tickets and magical express, AND we also get a $500 Disney Visa Gift card at check in!!!! That is like going for a week for $368!!!! I am soooooo excited!!! Hopefully I will get a decent tax return to pay for it LOL! My mom said I was a brat for going again when we only just went in Dec, :lmao: oh well!! You can't pass up a deal like this! So DF and I are booked 3/29 - 4/3 Horray!!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: !

I have not stayed at the POP before but hear it's a lot of fun! Any other dis brides going to WDW in March? Did anyone else take this offer??? When I called they said it would be good until June 6th, but March is really the only good time we could go!

ariel1025
01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Stacy- If you do get a Red Sox shirt you will become a member of what we call "Red Sox Nation"! :)

On a side note I am a total brat today....

I was not suppose to go to WDW until July/Aug this year but.... I got an email from WDW this morning with a new promotion. Dave and I will be paying $868 for 5 days 6 nights at the POP with park tickets and magical express, AND we also get a $500 Disney Visa Gift card at check in!!!! That is like going for a week for $368!!!! I am soooooo excited!!! Hopefully I will get a decent tax return to pay for it LOL! My mom said I was a brat for going again when we only just went in Dec, :lmao: oh well!! You can't pass up a deal like this! So DF and I are booked 3/29 - 4/3 Horray!!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: !

I have not stayed at the POP before but hear it's a lot of fun! Any other dis brides going to WDW in March? Did anyone else take this offer??? When I called they said it would be good until June 6th, but March is really the only good time we could go!

Ohhh, you are SO lucky...way to go on the deal :thumbsup2 I have to admit that I am super jealous though ;) We definitely will not be going until our (better late than never) Anniversary trip in September. And then I promised him we would take a break from Disney in 2010...not sure if I can stick to that promise though :rotfl2: Can't wait for more wedding updates!!

malibustacey
01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
oooh no i will just miss you in Disney- we are going march 4th until the 21st!!!!

We could have met up and gone running round the parks like crazy kids! hehe!!

I read about that deal when you posted it earlier!! its very good!

not_Joanna_eggs
01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Yay for an extra trip!! That's a great deal! And I thought I got a pretty good deal with the 4 3 deal plus $200 gift card, plus being there over both DF and my b-day... but you blew me out of the water! I'm so mad I put my final payment on our trip yesterday!!

We'll be there in March too, but we're leaving the 14th, so we'll miss you... Though Stacey maybe we'll run into you! We're there from the 7th - 14th!

lpizzuro123
01-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh - looks like we might be in WDW in March the same time you are. We are planning on March 21 to April 2. My DH's birthday is March 30 so we are planning on celebrating his birthday in "Disney. Right now we are booked on the 4/3 promo but I might call to try to get the one you got. We don't need the park passes because we have AP but if we only need to purchase a one day for each of us we can hold them until our AP expire.

Maybe we will see you in Florida in March.

Linda

tiggersam00
01-23-2009, 09:32 PM
lpizzuro123 Oh - looks like we might be in WDW in March the same time you are. We are planning on March 21 to April 2. My DH's birthday is March 30 so we are planning on celebrating his birthday in "Disney. Right now we are booked on the 4/3 promo but I might call to try to get the one you got. We don't need the park passes because we have AP but if we only need to purchase a one day for each of us we can hold them until our AP expire.

Maybe we will see you in Florida in March.

Linda

Yes we will def be there the same time, we will have to exchange trip plans, it would be so fun to see a disbride on the trip!

not_Joanna_eggs Yay for an extra trip!! That's a great deal! And I thought I got a pretty good deal with the 4 3 deal plus $200 gift card, plus being there over both DF and my b-day... but you blew me out of the water! I'm so mad I put my final payment on our trip yesterday!!

We'll be there in March too, but we're leaving the 14th, so we'll miss you... Though Stacey maybe we'll run into you! We're there from the 7th - 14th!

I honestly couldnt believe it, I was sure it was one of those deals that are too good to be true. I kept asking the res. CM if she was telling me the right price lol! Too bad we miss each other but you may run into a crazy Brit nameds Stacey who I hear will be there causing trouble ;)

malibustacey oooh no i will just miss you in Disney- we are going march 4th until the 21st!!!!

We could have met up and gone running round the parks like crazy kids! hehe!!

I read about that deal when you posted it earlier!! its very good!

Thanks, I was totally shocked to find otu it was real, I did tell Dave and he was totally cool with an improptu trip (what a shocker!), too bad we will miss each other, it would be a lot of fun to run around like crazy people together! You and Joanna will have to send me pics of all the fun you'll be having without me lol!

ariel1025: Ohhh, you are SO lucky...way to go on the deal I have to admit that I am super jealous though We definitely will not be going until our (better late than never) Anniversary trip in September. And then I promised him we would take a break from Disney in 2010...not sure if I can stick to that promise though Can't wait for more wedding updates!!

Well I will be jealous of you and your lovely DH in september for sure (isnt it funny how wdw brings out the jealousy in all us disbrides lol)! And, after the pics I have seen of Candi, I dont think he'll mind one little trip to WDW in 2010 :lmao: !

MegKate: Hey Sam!

Thanks for thinking of me! I was a Megasaurus Rex when I was a kid for Halloween too - so how funny is that!! (There are so many nicknames for Meghan!) I'll see if I can find them when I get home

I only booked my PS - I'm going for my birthday in May. I WISH I had been down there last week lol we were -40 up here. I can't wait to go down - there's going to be a day by day TR! I promise I'll take tons of pictures!

I'm glad you got Rev. Jack - I think he is southern, but like you that could be my Massachusettsian ears working. He seems like a really nice grandfatherly type.

Now I'm adding Marshalls and TJ Maxx on to my list when I get home. We have a few of them in Worcester and surrounding towns. I have only ever been able to find the accessories at their stores before. And then only of the discountinued patterns. I once got a ton of Bermuda Blue and Pink accessories there - on red tag clearance for less than 50! And I think each thing was less than 4! So I would be psyched to find Daisy Daisy. Thanks so much - you're like my Massachusettsian shopper/planner for when I get back home!!!

How is the dance studio going??

Haha, I love it too funny! Your having rev jack too right? If I find any more Daisy Daisy I'll pick it up for you... I'll be your MA lookout for Vera :)

polynesianbride
01-23-2009, 09:47 PM
WOW! You got an awesome deal in March!:cool1: I am soooo jealous- DF doesn't have much flexibility with his schedule so we'll be lucky if we get to go back before the wedding in 2010:sad2:! I can't complain too much as I have escaped the cold Minnesota weather (-15 again!) and am in sunny Florida visiting my parents!:thumbsup2 No Disney though... I promised DF.

Sounds like plans are coming along... YAY for booking Rev. Jack Day! The Jack pack is too cute! I just love him already! And your ring is beautiful! I love the pink and the setting is stunning! Will you have a band- what will it look like?

tiggersam00
01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
WOW! You got an awesome deal in March! I am soooo jealous- DF doesn't have much flexibility with his schedule so we'll be lucky if we get to go back before the wedding in 2010! I can't complain too much as I have escaped the cold Minnesota weather (-15 again!) and am in sunny Florida visiting my parents! No Disney though... I promised DF.

Sounds like plans are coming along... YAY for booking Rev. Jack Day! The Jack pack is too cute! I just love him already! And your ring is beautiful! I love the pink and the setting is stunning! Will you have a band- what will it look like?

Thanks Adelia! I'm super pumped to head to wdw! :cheer2: Thats so nice that your spending time with your folks, and you have some serious willpower to not do wdw while your there! Mybe if I had more wdw self-control I wouldnt just book improptu trips lol! Is it really that cold in Minnesota now:scared: ? I'll stop complaining about 10 here then!
Are you having Jack too? He is super cute! And thank you abotu the ring, I am not sure if I want a diamond band or a pink band... I'll have to look at both I think:scratchin

polynesianbride
01-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks Adelia! I'm super pumped to head to wdw! :cheer2: Thats so nice that your spending time with your folks, and you have some serious willpower to not do wdw while your there! Mybe if I had more wdw self-control I wouldnt just book improptu trips lol! Is it really that cold in Minnesota now:scared: ? I'll stop complaining about 10 here then!
Are you having Jack too? He is super cute! And thank you abotu the ring, I am not sure if I want a diamond band or a pink band... I'll have to look at both I think:scratchin

Cold is... cold...whether it's 10 or -10 I HATE it! Good thing there are places like FL to escape to! We haven't decided on a officiant but Rev Jack is def in the running when I start looking into it more seriously. I think if you did a band that alternates diamond and pink it would be stunning! Good luck!

princess22
01-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Yay! I'm glad you get to come down in March! That's exciting. Maybe we will run in to each other at the parks one day, I have an AP and go whenever I need a boost! That was a great deal you got!

malibustacey
01-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Yay! I'm glad you get to come down in March! That's exciting. Maybe we will run in to each other at the parks one day, I have an AP and go whenever I need a boost! That was a great deal you got!

OOhhh what days are you down in Disney, we are in Orlando from the 4th until the 21st...!! i could see you in Disney!!?

tiggersam00
01-26-2009, 09:54 AM
princess22: Yay! I'm glad you get to come down in March! That's exciting. Maybe we will run in to each other at the parks one day, I have an AP and go whenever I need a boost! That was a great deal you got!

That would be great to see you! It seems like there are a lot of us heading down to WDW in March :)

Cold is... cold...whether it's 10 or -10 I HATE it! Good thing there are places like FL to escape to! We haven't decided on a officiant but Rev Jack is def in the running when I start looking into it more seriously. I think if you did a band that alternates diamond and pink it would be stunning! Good luck!

EHHH I know right! You get to apoint where your body is just cold for 4 months and you just learn to live with it lol! I was thinking about pink/white too...:scratchin

tiggersam00
01-26-2009, 10:50 AM
So I guess this PJ is turning into a trip report now lol! DF and I are super pumped for WDW in 62 days woohoo! :cool1: ! I have booked us a few meals so far and just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

So far, we are doing

Le Ceiler for lunch (no dinner ressies available),
Ohana for dinner,
Spoodles for dinner, and
Garden Grill at the land (DF has wanted to try this one for a while).

I would like to maybe add Citricos or 1900 Park Fair (we are going to do Artist Point when we go in August, so I am saving this one for then) Any thoughts?

Now on to wedding news! I got my earrings from Kristie Kelly's Disney line this weekend! I got the Snow White Earrings and they are sooo sparkely! They really do look a lot better then I thought they would lol!:rotfl:

Also, some of the BM gifts came in, the Vera PJ pants and the tanks. I love these so much, I may order a set for me too! The photo albums came in but I think I am going to return them, they just weren't what I expected. I though they would have nice cloth vera covers, but they are just small cardboard photo albums (I could get the same at Target for $2) So I think I may look at WDW in march for some cute disney albums. I'll post the pics when I get homw today.

I also think I may finally finish my Save the Dates so hopefully (If Dave and I agree on them) I can post some pics of those too. I ordered the disney stamps off USPS to mail them with.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings :goodvibes

malibustacey
01-26-2009, 03:36 PM
oooh cant wait to see your save the dates. I bet they will look fab. I looked around that Kristie Kellys range about a month ago and i didnt see any jewellry on there.. i havent even thought about jewellery! I best start looking!

I havent been to any Disney restruants .. the only places we have been is in the Cinderella castle, the Royal Table, and some all you can eat buffet in DHS, thats to your left of the park somewhere.

So, i need to know one thing, i am going to borrow the idea of 'orangetiggs' and give all our guests postcards when they arrive at their hotels so they can write something to us and send it back to us with our newleywed names on. I want to put a stamp on it, because it'd be a bit cheeky otherwise, and orangetiggs siad she brought a pack in DTD but im guessing it didnt come with stamps.

How much do stamps cost, and are they of a different cost if posted to the UK?

ariel1025
01-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Now on to wedding news! I got my earrings from Kristie Kelly's Disney line this weekend! I got the Snow White Earrings and they are sooo sparkely! They really do look a lot better then I thought they would lol!:rotfl:

Also, some of the BM gifts came in, the Vera PJ pants and the tanks. I love these so much, I may order a set for me too! The photo albums came in but I think I am going to return them, they just weren't what I expected. I though they would have nice cloth vera covers, but they are just small cardboard photo albums (I could get the same at Target for $2) So I think I may look at WDW in march for some cute disney albums. I'll post the pics when I get homw today.

I also think I may finally finish my Save the Dates so hopefully (If Dave and I agree on them) I can post some pics of those too. I ordered the disney stamps off USPS to mail them with.

I'm so glad you like the earrings even more than you thought you would:goodvibes I was always so nervous when I ordered stuff online. I wouldn't relax until it came in the mail and I could see it "for real" :rotfl: Of coures, a few things went back because the description online was misleading:confused3

Can't wait to see your save the dates!!

princess22
01-26-2009, 07:06 PM
oooh cant wait to see your save the dates. I bet they will look fab. I looked around that Kristie Kellys range about a month ago and i didnt see any jewellry on there.. i havent even thought about jewellery! I best start looking!

I havent been to any Disney restruants .. the only places we have been is in the Cinderella castle, the Royal Table, and some all you can eat buffet in DHS, thats to your left of the park somewhere.

So, i need to know one thing, i am going to borrow the idea of 'orangetiggs' and give all our guests postcards when they arrive at their hotels so they can write something to us and send it back to us with our newleywed names on. I want to put a stamp on it, because it'd be a bit cheeky otherwise, and orangetiggs siad she brought a pack in DTD but im guessing it didnt come with stamps.

How much do stamps cost, and are they of a different cost if posted to the UK?
Not sure how much, but I know stamp prices are going up in May. =(

OOhhh what days are you down in Disney, we are in Orlando from the 4th until the 21st...!! i could see you in Disney!!?
I live 40 minutes away from Disney and go all the time! It's great being so close!
So I guess this PJ is turning into a trip report now lol! DF and I are super pumped for WDW in 62 days woohoo! :cool1: ! I have booked us a few meals so far and just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

So far, we are doing

Le Ceiler for lunch (no dinner ressies available),
Ohana for dinner,
Spoodles for dinner, and
Garden Grill at the land (DF has wanted to try this one for a while).

I would like to maybe add Citricos or 1900 Park Fair (we are going to do Artist Point when we go in August, so I am saving this one for then) Any thoughts?

I can't wait to see your Save the Dates! I love Le Cellier. I went one time years ago with an ex and the family sitting next to us ended up paying for our whole meal! We didn't even get to thank them. The waiter gave us our check and it was just a note saying they paid for us! But Ohana's is by far my favorite! DF wants to have our rehersal dinner there.

tiggersam00
01-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Ok, so no pics last night b/c I fell asleep at about 7:30pm and slept through the night! I was exhusted! But I also got another package in the mail (before my coma-like sleep), I got the bags I ordered for the BM's from Lands End. They look very nice and it will be great for them to carry home extra stuff from WDW!:thumbsup2
I do have my STD's finished though... here is what I came up with so far.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/SavetheDate-1.jpg

I figured this would answer all the "WHY Disney" questions and at the very least get everyone on the same page. Do you think asking people if the think they will be attending by 4/1/09 is mean? I used the room block as the reason, which I stole from another bride on here (I'm sorry I don't remember who:confused3 ). Thats hould give me a guesstimate of who is coming and who is not in a reasonable time frame so we can budget. What do you think? Am I being mean?

malibustacey
01-27-2009, 09:26 AM
it is worded very well. I would love to think of something like this to send out to our guests because they are the same 'why Disney'. I dont think its mean either- do they expect to tell you at the last minute if they are coming or not? heh, you are giving them plenty of time to decide whether or not they are going, april is also enough time to decide on whether or not they can afford the travelling / hotels too- plus they dont even have to pay anything yet! I will write something very similar asking guests whether they will be able to attend that day or not.

they are really good to send out to your guests, it has lots of info on them!

this bloody thing scares the life out of me in the Alice in Wonderland film!! :ccat:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-27-2009, 09:29 AM
WOWW! 62 days howwwww exciting...wait that means its less not today!!!
So awesome!!

I cant believe le cellier doesn't have any dinner ressies....

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-27-2009, 09:39 AM
I figured this would answer all the "WHY Disney" questions and at the very least get everyone on the same page. Do you think asking people if the think they will be attending by 4/1/09 is mean? I used the room block as the reason, which I stole from another bride on here (I'm sorry I don't remember who:confused3 ). Thats hould give me a guesstimate of who is coming and who is not in a reasonable time frame so we can budget. What do you think? Am I being mean?

NOT mean Sam. They have to...It just helps you estimate and then give you more time to plan And anyone who doesn't understand, just push them aside...
Or, Ill come on over and get the banana man on them

tiggersam00
01-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Mrsdisneyb2b

NOT mean Sam. They have to...It just helps you estimate and then give you more time to plan And anyone who doesn't understand, just push them aside...
Or, Ill come on over and get the banana man on them
WOWW! 62 days howwwww exciting...wait that means its less not today!!!
So awesome!!
I cant believe le cellier doesn't have any dinner ressies....

Thanks, I wanted to say "decide or I'll hunt you down" but I decided that may not come across as nice lol... this wedding stuff is a lot of work!
Yes! Let's have the banana man go dance until they decide!
A lot of places were getting full so I was really glad when I at least got lunch, I havent been but everyone has said how yummy it is!

malibustacey it is worded very well. I would love to think of something like this to send out to our guests because they are the same 'why Disney'. I dont think its mean either- do they expect to tell you at the last minute if they are coming or not? heh, you are giving them plenty of time to decide whether or not they are going, april is also enough time to decide on whether or not they can afford the travelling / hotels too- plus they dont even have to pay anything yet! I will write something very similar asking guests whether they will be able to attend that day or not.

they are really good to send out to your guests, it has lots of info on them!

this bloody thing scares the life out of me in the Alice in Wonderland film!!

Thanks Stacey, I wish I could take credit but as I said I "borrowed" the idea from another bride on here hehe! I called DFTW and they gave my ballpark prices on rooms to post so that will help people budget I think.
The Cheshire Cat is a scary disney character for sure! I always was scared on her :maleficen ! she trys to send the prince "back to the gates of hell" thats scary stuff for a kid to hear :scared:

disneygal922
01-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I think this is worded very well Samantha! I am planning on doing something similar as well! What computer program did you use, it looks great!:goodvibes

tiggersam00
01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks, I just used Word, I have the newer version but if you dont just search "templates available online" and a whole bunch of newsletter templates pop up. I used the Newsletter wizard and it was super easy! Let me know if you need any help :)

malibustacey
01-27-2009, 10:37 AM
oooh i only have microsoft works, but ill still try and make a mock up or something .. i have to kinda start thinking about these things - because they dont make themselves! hehe!!

tiggersam00
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I just looked at other people PJ's to get ideas. I also got the Disney stamps at the post office and have them ready to mail. Now I just have to find all the addresses ugh!

malibustacey
01-27-2009, 03:39 PM
haha, thats would be the worst for me- sending them out and getting the addresses to send them out!! I dont have anyones address!im so bad!

ariel1025
01-27-2009, 06:52 PM
I love your save the dates...very informative and it looks really nice!!! I don't think your request is mean at all. You have no way of knowing how much to pay for the wedding if you don't know how many to pay for. Besides that is giving them 8 weeks to decide and isn't 6-8 weeks the typical time to reply for a (non Disney) wedding anyway?? Plus, it gives them time to save up for the trip...so they should just view it as you helping them out :rotfl2: I hope all goes well!!

princess22
01-27-2009, 06:54 PM
It looks great Sam! You did a great job! Not mean at all!

polynesianbride
01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Newsletter/Save the Date looks great! Very professional looking and the wording is perfect! Your guests will love them and will appreciated all the info:thumbsup2

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 07:24 AM
How long does it take you to get from where you live to Disney/Orlando?

(i should just look on a map and see where Massachusetts is!)

what is the weather like most of the time there? Im just interested because it would be good to keep our options open if we move to US one day! hehe!!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 08:02 AM
malibustacey: How long does it take you to get from where you live to Disney/Orlando?

what is the weather like most of the time there? Im just interested because it would be good to keep our options open if we move to US one day! hehe!!

By plane we are about 3 hours away, driving would be a full 24 hrs though... MA is close to NY (where Jenny lives), I could drive to where she lives in about 3 1/2 hrs.
The weather up here is all over the place, Jan-Mar is cold and snowy, Apr-Jun is getting warmer, Jul-Sep is HOT, Oct-Dec is awesome because its getting cool btu all the leaves are changing so its really pretty.
I promise to post pics when I get home from work of all the snow!!! It's snowing pretty steadily outside now, so by the time I get home it should be a lot to shovel lol!

polynesianbride: Newsletter/Save the Date looks great! Very professional looking and the wording is perfect! Your guests will love them and will appreciated all the info
Thanks Adelia, it's nice to hear that after a lot of rewrites lol! I'm a terrible editor so I kept sending it to my mom and she would email it back every day for a week! I think she will be happier once she doesnt have to look at it:lmao: !

princess22 It looks great Sam! You did a great job! Not mean at all!
Thank you, I keep getting parinoid that people will call me up and yell at me for being rude expecting them to rsvp now! There are so many rules to weddings I keep freaking out thinking I'm going to break one lol!:rotfl2:

ariel1025 I love your save the dates...very informative and it looks really nice!!! I don't think your request is mean at all. You have no way of knowing how much to pay for the wedding if you don't know how many to pay for. Besides that is giving them 8 weeks to decide and isn't 6-8 weeks the typical time to reply for a (non Disney) wedding anyway?? Plus, it gives them time to save up for the trip...so they should just view it as you helping them out I hope all goes well!!
Thanks, I was thinking that would be good because they could RSVP and then start saving, rather then spring it on them at the last minute. Now I just will be panicing worrying about how many people will actually want to go!:scared:

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 08:03 AM
How long does it take you to get from where you live to Disney/Orlando?

We want to move to Florida... my health is weak so the cold weather is a downer on me...

Maybe all the disney lovers should all move into a enclosed community :rotfl: And then we can talk disney all the time while:laundy:
(I always wanted to use that emote but never found a reason)

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 08:09 AM
hahaha!!

yes! what a great idea!! We actually saw some houses for sale in the literally 'back garden' of Animal Kindgom- on google earth, the houses were so close to the park! they were pretty cheap aswell, thats why we was going to consider them,

we could all move there and watch Disney :happytv: and chat while we :laundy: and :moped: Disney every day! hehee!! We would be very wierd but who cares!!

What do you think Sam?

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 08:30 AM
I agree 100000%! We could go out :drive: to the parks and ride all the rides everyday. We could all :coffee: and talk about disney every morning. We could even start a :rockband: and play at disney... then maybe we could all go to DTD for a :drinking1. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ok I have always wanted to use those but never found a way eithier....
Great plan ladies:thumbsup2

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 08:37 AM
hahahaha thats sooo funny! you made me do an actual LOL laugh out loud at work! everyone looked at me, and had to explain i wasnt doing work and i was on a thing called DISboards! heehehehee!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
and I bet they thought you were nuts right? The only place we can do this stuff is on here, the rest of the world would just laugh!

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 08:53 AM
yes im sure thats what they think now- it was a proper laugh! everyone was quiet and then i jusut burst out laughing.. like a little kid being told to keep quite and then just bursts out laughing!

Dis boards is great!

all hail Dis boards!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 09:19 AM
one more and then I'm done I swear!
:worship: all hail Dis boards!

Ok I'm all done with the smilies today lol!

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-28-2009, 10:18 AM
one more and then I'm done I swear!
:worship:

Ok I'm all done with the smilies today lol!

There once were three:crowded: crazy girls
Who absolutely loved Disney world::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
They also loved the disboards:disrocks:
So they decided one day while:laundy:
That they would move to sunny florida:beach:
And visit the theme parks every day to say :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: to one another
They may be a little:rolleyes: but who says you have to grow up?:confused3

ariel1025
01-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks, I was thinking that would be good because they could RSVP and then start saving, rather then spring it on them at the last minute. Now I just will be panicing worrying about how many people will actually want to go!:scared:

Lol, I constantly went back and forth with my stressing...first I would worry that nobody was going to come and then I would worry that too many people would come and we wouldn't be able to afford it...repeat over and over again:faint: Then the first three days we started getting RSVPs back I really started stressing about the money because they all said yes!!! I know it sounds mean but I was actually kind of relieved when we started getting a couple of no's :rotfl:

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 11:38 AM
There once were three crazy girls
Who absolutely loved Disney world
They also loved the disboards
So they decided one day while
That they would move to sunny florida
And visit the theme parks every day to say to one another
They may be a little but who says you have to grow up?

Thats my kind of poetry! lol!:lmao:

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
ariel1025 Lol, I constantly went back and forth with my stressing...first I would worry that nobody was going to come and then I would worry that too many people would come and we wouldn't be able to afford it...repeat over and over again Then the first three days we started getting RSVPs back I really started stressing about the money because they all said yes!!! I know it sounds mean but I was actually kind of relieved when we started getting a couple of no's

Not mean at all, I am praying for "no's" :lmao:

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 01:12 PM
i have posted piccys of those Jesus photos i told you about when we went Disney last feb on my pj! hehe!

Carye
01-28-2009, 02:00 PM
You girls are too much fun! Love having somewhere to come where the girls are just as Disney crazed as me and can't stop thinking about their wedding. I hear you on the rsvps, I am hoping when some people get the price list for the rooms from disney, they will just wish us luck, Dad pointed out it is basically an extra grand for every 10 people that decide to come...eek! So heres to keeping things small :drinking1

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Carye You girls are too much fun! Love having somewhere to come where the girls are just as Disney crazed as me and can't stop thinking about their wedding. I hear you on the rsvps, I am hoping when some people get the price list for the rooms from disney, they will just wish us luck, Dad pointed out it is basically an extra grand for every 10 people that decide to come...eek! So heres to keeping things small

haha thanks, we have fun here :upsidedow ! Its too much fun not to talk about disney lol!

ahhh I havent thought about the extra grand part, yikes! :scared:

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Stacey, here are the pics of the snow, and Dave shoveling it all lol! Just so you can get an idea, that is a 3 foot fence (about 1 meter). So thats how much we have right now:sad2:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000415.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000416.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000417.jpg

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok so here are the pics of the BM gifts that came in...

Here are the PJ's and tank sets

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000410.jpg http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000409.jpg

Here are the bags I got, 1 for each in different colors, they are really sturdy and Lands End has such great customer service.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000418.jpg

They all have their names mongramed and cute insides with pockets and straps :)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000419.jpg http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000420.jpg

AND I GOT MY DISNEY BRIDAL EARRINGS!!! Super sparkely and just the right size!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000414.jpg http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000413.jpg http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000411.jpg

I am returning the Vera Bradley photo albums, the quality is just not what I expected, so I may look for one when I got to WDW in March... only 60 days!!

malibustacey
01-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Stacey, here are the pics of the snow, and Dave shoveling it all lol! Just so you can get an idea, that is a 3 foot fence (about 1 meter). So thats how much we have right now:sad2:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000415.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000416.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/P1000417.jpg

oooh my good god!!! :scared1: do you have to shovel it all away so you can get out of your house every morning!!? hard work!! :confused3 that is a hell load of snow!! that is REAL snow!! wow! those photos actually made me excited- :hyper: (i know its not exciting for you living in it hehe, and it must get annoying when its so cold all the time) but when i see photos of real snow it excites me!! hehe!! I would find shovelling fun (i think!!) ive never like, had a proper snow ball fight or built a proper snowman before!! hehe!!

Love the bridesmaids gifts, the Pjs and tanks are so colourful and love the floral look on them, and the bags are cute with the names!! they'll love them!! Do they know what they are getting?

Those earings are to die for! I looked on the website today at work and the darn thing wouldnt show up.. but now i know what they look like!! the come in a really nice box too! Well done you- very good choice! They are really nice!::yes::

P.S it looks like you live in a really nice neighbourhood!! Love the trees in the background!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 04:49 PM
haha your too funny! Yes we do shovel a lot, but we actually have a snowblower which usually does the work for us (except for days like today when the snow is heavy, it rained after it snowed so it was very very heavy and messy oh well). Our neighboorhood is cute, we actually live next door to a couple I have known most all my life, so it's nice to know your neighbors. It used to be my grandparents house, and just about everyone else on the street has been there for as long as I can remember.

Thanks, I hope they will like them, the PJ's are quiet comfy and bags are always handy to have around.
I was very relieved that the earrings were as nice as online, it's always a little risky buying stuff like that online because if you dont like it, returning it is a pain!
I meant to tell you congrats about you new long nails too!

ariel1025
01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Ooooh, I love the earrings...very elegant!!!

That sucks about the photo albums but the PJ's are super cute!!! I would live in PJs if I could :rotfl2: they are just so comfy!!

They will love the bags...you can never have too many bags in Disney!

MegKate
01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I'll have to post pictures in my PJ of the snow we had up here last year - the banks got so high that if you went to the top of them you would be in the electric wires. ZAP!! Good to see Massachusettsian soil though!! :thumbsup2

The PJS are too cute! And I love the bags! LL Bean and Lands End tote bags are just indestructible. Too bad about the albums though :sad2: - thanks for the info my personal shopper! :rotfl:

The earrings are beautiful. :goodvibes I think they are just perfect!!

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
MegKate I'll have to post pictures in my PJ of the snow we had up here last year - the banks got so high that if you went to the top of them you would be in the electric wires. ZAP!! Good to see Massachusettsian soil though!!

The PJS are too cute! And I love the bags! LL Bean and Lands End tote bags are just indestructible. Too bad about the albums though - thanks for the info my personal shopper!

The earrings are beautiful. I think they are just perfect!!

Thanks Meg! I am happy with them too:goodvibes
omg!! Thats crazy snow!! Def put them up, I would love to see that!
I think I may look for stuff at wdw in march now, the vera albums were just cheap little cardboard albums, I could have got them for a buck at Xmas tree shop. I may be hitting another marshalls tomorrow night so I will keep looking for vera in daisy daisy for you :thumbsup2 ... hows your planning going

tiggersam00
01-28-2009, 08:59 PM
ariel1025 Ooooh, I love the earrings...very elegant!!!

That sucks about the photo albums but the PJ's are super cute!!! I would live in PJs if I could they are just so comfy!!

They will love the bags...you can never have too many bags in Disney!

Thanks Shannon! I think I have low ears b/c all dangely earrings hit my shoulders lol, so that was the test these had to pass :lmao: !

I am going to see if I can find a cute disney album instead, and maybe a pair of mickey earrings or something. DTD has so many options, I'm like a kid in a candy store when Im there:clown: !
I want one of the bags now that they have been staring at me all night on my couch too lol!

polynesianbride
01-28-2009, 09:21 PM
The bags look great and the girls will love the PJ set! Don't worry you will find tons of photo book options in DTD! I go back to the snow in 2 days:sad2: but atleast you get to get out in just a few weeks!

malibustacey
01-29-2009, 02:45 AM
in the past 2 years we have been disney we have got fab albums!! i actually remember seeing wedding / micky & minnie wedding albums so you will not have any problems finding one! the first year, we got a brown suede one, it was massive and we had hundreds of photos and we still only just filled it upto half way, and last year we got a scrapbook one, where i created a scrapbook with all bits and bobs we collected around Disney. This year i think we might get a photo book made off of a website called photobox.com- its like a book, just filled with photos and they look really nice, and they are cheap too!

tiggersam00
01-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks Stacey - I will def check it out!

Adelia - when do you some back to all this lovely lovely weather? I cant wait to get away all this snow is driving me up the wall... I have had some bad cabin fever lately!

disneygal922
01-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I love your BM gifts! They are so nice! Where did you get them again? I also agree, Land's End is fabulous! :goodvibes

tiggersam00
01-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks! I got the PJ pants from http://www.VeraBradley.com , they are in the sale section.

The tanks are from http://www.weddingish.com

and the bags are Lands End who totally rocks if I havent said it enough:thumbsup2

linzwylie
01-29-2009, 11:09 AM
You girls are CRAZY !!! :upsidedow

That snow is mad !! Scotland would grind to a complete halt if we got snow like that - 1 inch and people are phoning their work saying they are stuck at home !!! :rotfl:

Love your dress !

Linz xxx :)

Angela0917
01-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Heey! I just skimmed through your PJ (don't have time to read the entire thing right now cause I'm at work:guilty: ) But I just wanted to tell you I LOVE your dress! And your ring is gorgeous!!!

tiggersam00
01-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Angela0917 Heey! I just skimmed through your PJ (don't have time to read the entire thing right now cause I'm at work ) But I just wanted to tell you I LOVE your dress! And your ring is gorgeous!!!

Thanks! It's so hard to pull yourself away fro the boards at work lol! I have to start being careful it doesnt take over my life lol!:rotfl2:

Angela0917
01-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks! It's so hard to pull yourself away fro the boards at work lol! I have to start being careful it doesnt take over my life lol!:rotfl2:

I know! Before I know it, it's 5:00 and time to go home, and then I think Crap! What did I do all day?!?!?! :rotfl2:

MegKate
01-29-2009, 01:13 PM

Ditto! I just got an IPhone and have been DISboarding all afternoon when I should be working/studying. I'm going to chalk it up to the 12" of snow we got overnight. No delays or closings or anything. So if I have to put up with this blecch - I can plan my wedding with my DIS friends and dream about Orlando! :goodvibes (no dream smilie?)

tiggersam00
01-29-2009, 01:40 PM
MegKate: Ditto! I just got an IPhone and have been DISboarding all afternoon when I should be working/studying. I'm going to chalk it up to the 12" of snow we got overnight. No delays or closings or anything. So if I have to put up with this blecch - I can plan my wedding with my DIS friends and dream about Orlando! (no dream smilie?)

Good lord! a foot and no cancelations!! MA has really gone soft, almost the whole state was closed yesterday b/c of 6 inchs and freezing rain lol! 128 is a sheet of ice!

That is why I cant get an Iphone (besides the fact that I am technologically challenged when it comes to phones :lmao: )

:goodvibes I am dreaming of Ohanas right now:goodvibes

malibustacey
01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Where is this Ohanas and what kind of food do they do? hehe!!

tiggersam00
01-29-2009, 03:47 PM
It's at the Polynesian resort and they have yummy steak, pork, shrimp, dumplings, veggies, noodles, rice, and bread pudding for dessert. mmmm!

malibustacey
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
mmm sounds good! im guessing its one of those where you can never get a table! hehe!

I was looking at the menus on allearsnet earlier, and i dont remember reading Ohanas menu, all the food on the menus sounded sooo yummy. I was torturing myself, being on this diet i am on i dont know why i wanted to put myself through feeling like that reading about all the food they have on offer! hehe!

I love American food!! Every restruant i have been to in Orlando so far has been great, its like Americans really take care and have pride in thier food and its not like the UK... American food is so tasty!!

HeatherNJNC
01-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Love your PJ so far! You are WAY organized, makes me nervous because mine is before yours and I am so behind haha! Your BM gifts are great, I may have to steal the bag idea! :blush:

tiggersam00
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
HeatherNJNC Love your PJ so far! You are WAY organized, makes me nervous because mine is before yours and I am so behind haha! Your BM gifts are great, I may have to steal the bag idea!

I think that is the only time anyone has ever called me organized, you are now my friend for life for saying that! Steal anything you want, thats how I got all the stuff I have done so far I "borrowed" it all from other brides on the board :) Cant wait to keep reading about you big day too, you have a lot done already too!

tiggersam00
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Soo happy news today! My little brother is coming home for the weekend! :cool1: He is such a cool kid (well he's 20, so not so much a kid, but oh well)! We are going to hang out and... he may be being an AWESOME brother and coming with me and my mom to Michaels tomorrow to look for paper! I am really going to try and find a bunch of cute paper to try and make my STD's a little more formal. I may change the colors too... so many choices!

malibustacey
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
aw thats so cool your bro is coming to see you. Does he live in a different town to you?

Thats good he is willing to go round the shops with you- does he know that you are looking for cute piece sof paper and wedding stuff hehe? let us know what you find, and if you have some experiments with the paper bits you buy, dont forget to show us!

That Michaels sounds good, is there one in Orlando do ya know of?

(i woke up to the news today that we are going to get 'snow storms' and the weather is going to be 'artic'... here we go.. you can laugh, everyone in the UK is so over dramatic when they say its gonna snow, gosh! watch this space! ill let you know when we have an ice age in Britain next week!! haha!)

princess22
01-30-2009, 07:08 PM
aw thats so cool your bro is coming to see you. Does he live in a different town to you?

Thats good he is willing to go round the shops with you- does he know that you are looking for cute piece sof paper and wedding stuff hehe? let us know what you find, and if you have some experiments with the paper bits you buy, dont forget to show us!

That Michaels sounds good, is there one in Orlando do ya know of?

(i woke up to the news today that we are going to get 'snow storms' and the weather is going to be 'artic'... here we go.. you can laugh, everyone in the UK is so over dramatic when they say its gonna snow, gosh! watch this space! ill let you know when we have an ice age in Britain next week!! haha!)

Yes there are a few in Orlando! There is one on International Drive not far from Wet N Wild. There is a new one a little bit closer to Disney also, off of Sand Lake Rd.

malibustacey
02-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Yes there are a few in Orlando! There is one on International Drive not far from Wet N Wild. There is a new one a little bit closer to Disney also, off of Sand Lake Rd.

oooh brilliant- we are staying in the Days Inn which is right next to wet n wild - ill have to go to this Michaels- it sounds tooo good!!

Sam - the UK's 'arctic' weather has swooped in today... it has been snowing all day long and its 9pm and its about 2 inches on the ground, its expected to go on through the night.. so tomorrow the UK will be in meltdown- there will be chaos all accross the country because of this 'wild snow storm'... i will take a photo and show you how little sprinklings of snow can make the UK look stupid because they cannot handle this tiny bit of snow and life comes to a standstill because of it! It will make you laugh- compared to what you showed me- that would be a cause for the city / area to be in chaos because that is a hell load of snow you had- but here - its pathetic snow and everyone goes wild about it !! hahaha!! that sounds angry- but im no not angry- heh, it just winds me up when the UK goes mental over a little bit of snow. I mean, i know its dangerous but other countrys that have lots of snow seem to get on with life and dont complain about it! Well see what happens over night, we might be snowed in and might have some 'real' snow, but i doubt it!

hope your weekend has gone okay with ya bro coming over and hope ya got some good stuff when ya went shopping!!!! :)

tiggersam00
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone! I had a few days off from the boards while my little brother was in town.

Stacey- he goes to school right now in the state of South Carolina, it's about a 2hr plane ride away so him coming home was a nice surprise :yay:

OK, so here are the crazy wacky updates I have today!

1st of all I realized today is the Monday after the superbowl, which means next year the Monday after the superbowl is our wedding! Horray for it being closer!

2nd, I am going with DM, and MOH's to Davids Bridal tonight to look at BM dresses :banana:! WE just decided to go this morning and it kinda became a full on trip to the bridal salon lol! I really wanted to try and decide on colors soon so I can get pretty STD's and stuff like that. So we have an appt to look at dresses at 7 tonight, then we will all go out for a cocktail too :drinking1! So hopefully tomorrow I will have lots of pics for you to see :)

Oh yeah and I was so excited about our Disney trip that when I woke up yesterday I screamed "I'm going to Disney World next month" :lmao:

malibustacey
02-02-2009, 04:09 PM
hey Sam - hope tonight goes well- with visiting David's Bridal!!

I posted some piccys of the snow here today. So wierd that we was talking about it and it snowed here!

I also rang Disney tonight!! wooo!!

WE ARE BOTH GOING WDW NEXT MONTH!! YEEHAA!! IM SO EXCITED!!

tiggersam00
02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Ok, so I had a great trip to Davids Bridal last night with my 2 MOH's and my MOB. WE decided on 2 dresses that they both really like. The 1st one was an empire waist cocktail length dress, the top had all sorts of sparkles on it.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/color_F13128_24461.jpg

I liked it mostly because my MOH's seemed to like it, and they will be the ones wearing it, not me, so I really wanted them to be comfortable.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/color_8355_19148.jpg

The 2nd dress was a dress I had seen before online and had just sort of ignored it, not because it was ugly or anything, just because it looked very plain. I saw it on the hanger and thought "no, not so much, but let's try it anyway". Well when they put it on they were dancing around and saying how comfy it was. Then they dressed it up with bling and reminded me or Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I loved it! Then, we saw the price... it...was...on...sale! Only $79! How great is that! So we are going to order them this week before they discontinue them, which is WAYYYYY sooner then I expected, but for that price! Hello, that can't be beat!

Then we all went out to TGIF's for a drink and to talk about everything. So, I guess one of my wedding colors will definitly be watermelon (pink)!:thumbsup2

I also think I am leaning towards having a flower (or a few) in my hair in place of a tiara or veil. I saw this one last night, it was ok, but real flowers would be so much nicer, I just dont want them to die on me during the reception!

Here they are, but I would get them in ivory.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/tiggersam00/f08_7369_20080613_psd.jpg

So thats all for now, but hopefully I will have some more plans soon...
Ohh, and we booked our plane tickets for march, only $209 RT each!

malibustacey
02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
ooh i love the colours of the dresses, so exotic, and on the plus side- they are even better when they are in the sale! I always like things much more when i realise they are on sale!

I love TGIF's - me and Wayne ate there about 7 or 8 times last Feb because its soo much cheaper than the restruants in UK, so we really treated ourselves to it because we love it soo much!

I like the idea of flowers in your hair, - i could not pull it off- i have tried! heh!

Another bargain with the flights-well done! woo!

Just a reminder again ....just incase you forgot...

WE ARE GOING WDW NEXT MONTH!!

tee hehe hee!

tiggersam00
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
WE ARE GOING WDW NEXT MONTH!!
haha I cannot forget, I am so excited :yay:

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
NEXT MONTH!! OMG so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-03-2009, 10:30 AM
breakfast at tiffanys... my favorite movie...and my idol is audrey... Did you ever see two for the road??

I love the dresses and the colors! The second with pearls is DEF audrey... so glassy and yay for the flower in the hair!!

tiggersam00
02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
malibustacey ooh i love the colours of the dresses, so exotic, and on the plus side- they are even better when they are in the sale! I always like things much more when i realise they are on sale!

I love TGIF's - me and Wayne ate there about 7 or 8 times last Feb because its soo much cheaper than the restruants in UK, so we really treated ourselves to it because we love it soo much!

I like the idea of flowers in your hair, - i could not pull it off- i have tried! heh!

Another bargain with the flights-well done! woo!

Thanks Stacey, I was really happy about the pink color too. I am the same way with sales, I liked the dress alot and then when i realized they could buy it for 1/2 the price of the other dress I said to go ahead and get them. I really didnt want them to spend a lot since they are paying to go down to WDW for the wedding anyways.

mmm, TGIF's has fried green beans which are sooo bad for you, but they are soooo yummy! I insist that you try them next month:rotfl2: ! I totally cheated on my diet last night! Oh well!

malibustacey
02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
haha i know i am not supposed to drink in US, but how yummy is TGIF's Ultimate Mudslide- and i cannot belive that they actually sell them in bottles in liquor stores!

OOOhhh and i love the Jack Daniels steaks... i will take your reccomdation of the green beans - i will be going there enough times in March to eat the whole menu!! And we can all cheat on our diets too- my excuse at the moment is because its snowing and i cant get to the gym so i might as well not diet until the roads are safe to drive on and i can go to the gym... i have been eating loads of Cadbury's Cream Eggs- i know they do them in Orlando because i bought some out there last year... i have had 4 tonight... thats REAL bad!!!!

Def go with pearls with them dresses if you can... it will look really good with the colours

princess22
02-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I love your bridesmaids dresses! Great color and style. Good choice!

tiggersam00
02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Mrsdisneyb2b breakfast at tiffanys... my favorite movie...and my idol is audrey... Did you ever see two for the road??

I love the dresses and the colors! The second with pearls is DEF audrey... so glassy and yay for the flower in the hair!!

Thanks Jen! I am a huge Hepburn fan, I have a huge pop art canvas of her in my livign room (it is covering an "accidental hole" that occured one day when Dave made the mistake of giving my a hammer.. oops:confused3 )

I have all her movies, even the so-so ones lol! We get to be flower brides now :yay:

princess22 I love your bridesmaids dresses! Great color and style. Good choice!

Thanks, they all like the price too lol! The color is very pretty on all the girls skin tones too!

malibustacey haha i know i am not supposed to drink in US, but how yummy is TGIF's Ultimate Mudslide- and i cannot belive that they actually sell them in bottles in liquor stores!

OOOhhh and i love the Jack Daniels steaks... i will take your reccomdation of the green beans - i will be going there enough times in March to eat the whole menu!! And we can all cheat on our diets too- my excuse at the moment is because its snowing and i cant get to the gym so i might as well not diet until the roads are safe to drive on and i can go to the gym... i have been eating loads of Cadbury's Cream Eggs- i know they do them in Orlando because i bought some out there last year... i have had 4 tonight... thats REAL bad!!!!

Def go with pearls with them dresses if you can... it will look really good with the colours

Hahaha we have all kinds of booze available here! I lovvve cadvury creme eggs! I havent seen theme yet b/c the stores here all have valentines candy still. My favorite candy is actually from the UK, I LLLOOOOOVVEE smarties! They are sooooo yummy! Ohh and I love Hula Hoops crisps too, they are my fave! Ohhh and fruit pastells!!:bitelip:

malibustacey
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
oooh nooo... if i was in WDW at the same time as you i would have brought you some smarties and hula hoops and fruit pastelles over for you!!

I still put hula hoop crisps on my fingers before i eat them like a kid!

Smarties stopped doing a blue smartie about a year ago because it was making kids too hyper because of the E numbers in the blue dye, and only recently they have re launched the blue smartie again because they have supposedly used a nautral dye in the colouring... so same old smarties again!

I love Chip Ahoys... the double choc chip ones.... oooh and i LOVE Lays BBQ chips (crisps to me!)

Straight after xmas they started putting easter eggs in supermarket shelves!!!

not_Joanna_eggs
02-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Love the dresses! And killer deal! I like the idea of flowers in your hair, I think it will look great with your dress. Though I agree - real ones would look best.

I'm also way jealous of your flight deal! I need to move away from the middle of nowhere - it's like $400pp rt to go anywhere!

tiggersam00
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
not_Joanna_eggs Love the dresses! And killer deal! I like the idea of flowers in your hair, I think it will look great with your dress. Though I agree - real ones would look best.

I'm also way jealous of your flight deal! I need to move away from the middle of nowhere - it's like $400pp rt to go anywhere!

Thanks Joanna, anytime I find a great deal I feel compelled to post it in case someone else on here can use it too!

Stacey, Jen and I have decided it would just be easiest if we all just moved to Orlando, you guys in??:lmao:

Stacey- TGIF's has a new dessert, its a chips ahoy sundae... just a tip :blush: ! Oh and I always eat hula hoops that way too, its way more fun! Thats weird about the smarties though... I always liked the orange ones:cool1:

ariel1025
02-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey Samantha!! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days...we went on a little weekend getaway:cool1:

Anyway, I just got caught up and wanted to say I love your bridesmaids dresses. Both styles are very cute but I completely agree with the second one being very reminiscent of the Audrey Hepburn style...so classic and gorgeous!!

Yay for going to WDW next month...can't wait to hear all about it:goodvibes

Carye
02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
$79 bridesmaid dresses...I'm jealous :lmao:
Everything sounds great, I wish I were going to WDW in March, but I have to wait until April...but I will be there for my b-day so it will be worth it. Keep warm in all that snow, in Texas we are having the craziest weather, 70 one day and 35 the next...maybe we should just all move to Orlando where it stays warmer most the year:cool1:

malibustacey
02-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Sam you are joking about the Chip Ahoy sundae right? Thats just too good to be true?!!! It just sounds like a dream.

Well i am totally up for us all moving to Orlando... i am going to look at real estate when i am out there!! i will take photos of the houses we view when we are out there to see what you all think!!

have you got a photo of you in your dress yet?

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Where is this Ohanas and what kind of food do they do? hehe!!

Im surprising vin with ohanas for our one week married...
Now, only if i could lose the weight and more so that the weeks im at wdw.... I would only gain back underweight:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

malibustacey
02-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Sam and Jen - is it too late to deicde whether to make a reservation at that restruant (sci fi) on the 15th feb?

I am still unsure about what days we are going to be at DHS, and me and wayne are going to sort out a plan of what days we are doing things and going places - but that is on the 15th feb- next weekend... so until then, i wont know what day to ask one of you's to make a reservation....

I will let you know as soon as we have planned what days we are where, and ill let you know to make a reservation for me. :upsidedow

tiggersam00
02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
malibustacey Sam and Jen - is it too late to deicde whether to make a reservation at that restruant (sci fi) on the 15th feb?

I am still unsure about what days we are going to be at DHS, and me and wayne are going to sort out a plan of what days we are doing things and going places - but that is on the 15th feb- next weekend... so until then, i wont know what day to ask one of you's to make a reservation....

I will let you know as soon as we have planned what days we are where, and ill let you know to make a reservation for me.

No not at all PM me with what you want and I can call and set it up for up next week :)

Mrsdisneyb2b Im surprising vin with ohanas for our one week married...
Now, only if i could lose the weight and more so that the weeks im at wdw.... I would only gain back underweight

He is going to love that! Dont stress about the weight, I always lose a few lbs in WDW b/c of all the walking!

malibustacey Sam you are joking about the Chip Ahoy sundae right? Thats just too good to be true?!!! It just sounds like a dream.

Well i am totally up for us all moving to Orlando... i am going to look at real estate when i am out there!! i will take photos of the houses we view when we are out there to see what you all think!!

have you got a photo of you in your dress yet?

I dont joke about ice cream sundaes! It is on the new menu and it is yummy, you'll love it! I dont have a pic of me in the dress yet, I will try and take one soon :)

Carye $79 bridesmaid dresses...I'm jealous
Everything sounds great, I wish I were going to WDW in March, but I have to wait until April...but I will be there for my b-day so it will be worth it. Keep warm in all that snow, in Texas we are having the craziest weather, 70 one day and 35 the next...maybe we should just all move to Orlando where it stays warmer most the year

When re you going in April, thats coming up soon too! I have always wanted a birthday trip, so much fun! I am all for us moving to Orlando too!

ariel1025 Hey Samantha!! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days...we went on a little weekend getaway

Anyway, I just got caught up and wanted to say I love your bridesmaids dresses. Both styles are very cute but I completely agree with the second one being very reminiscent of the Audrey Hepburn style...so classic and gorgeous!!

Yay for going to WDW next month...can't wait to hear all about it

Thanks shannon! I just read about your weekend in your PJ, sounds like you had fun! :cool1:

polynesianbride
02-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Hello it's me again:wave2: Sorry I've been MIA- had some drama going on but am just getting caught up on your plans. I love the BM's dresses and what a great price:cool1: I'm not having bridesmaids but love the watermelon color from David's- my mom is considering getting a dress in this color to wear for the wedding bc we both love it so much- great choice!

HeatherNJNC
02-05-2009, 09:43 AM
How exciting about the BM dresses! You cannot beat the price too! Gives me hope that I can find something great without a huge price tag! So jealous you're going to Disney so soon!

tiggersam00
02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
HeatherNJNC How exciting about the BM dresses! You cannot beat the price too! Gives me hope that I can find something great without a huge price tag! So jealous you're going to Disney so soon!

Thanks so much! It is pretty cool to find a deal like that, the lasy at Davids bridal actually said you can sometimes find sale dresses when they change seasons (like now going from winter to spring). I am sooo excited to go to WDW, it is goind to be DF's 1st time staying on disney property so I hope he likes it:)

polynesianbride Hello it's me again Sorry I've been MIA- had some drama going on but am just getting caught up on your plans. I love the BM's dresses and what a great price I'm not having bridesmaids but love the watermelon color from David's- my mom is considering getting a dress in this color to wear for the wedding bc we both love it so much- great choice!

Hey there! Hope all the drama is alright now, weddings bring out lots of drama I'm finding lol! Thanks about the dresses, the watermelon color is very fun for sure! Your mom should def get a dress in that color, it would be perfect for your theme too, very tropical and beachy!

Carye
02-05-2009, 10:02 PM
We actually made our ressies this morning, flying in on the night of the 25th and returning on the night of the 28th. I'm most excited about our dining plans though...Ohana Sun night during Wishes...Rose and Crown Mon night during Illuminations...Coral Reef for lunch on my bday Tues before we leave party:

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 08:19 AM
oh no, I am there the beginning of April! We will miss each other by a few weeks! I am doing Ohana during Wishes too, I am so excited!

On our last trip we did Rose and Crown during Illuminations and it was great! The food was excellent, they have a cheese plate which was a delicious appitizer! I havent eaten at LS, so you'll have to give me the scoop when you get back :)

malibustacey
02-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Sam have you tried on your dress yet?

ariel1025
02-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Isn't Rose and Crown during Illuminations the best? I won't go into detail on your page because it's coming up on my TR, but hands down, that was our favorite memory from WDW!!! How are the wedding plans coming along??

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey Shannon, Ohhh how I loved the Rose and Crown! It was so nice, went the last night of our trip and just had a blast! We closed the restaurant that night! I will def be checking your TR tonight for updates :)

The wedding plans are coming along slowly, I am hoping that I can sign my DFTW contract on Monday if I get the date so I am keeping my finger crossed that I get a happy phone call on Monday :)

I am thinking of doing welcome bags and trying to figure out the cost of them... I am also trying to figure out what the heck to put my STD's on! I have yet to make it to Michaels and really feel like I need to just make the trip this weekend and try to get some ideas b/c if I get a happy call on Monday (again fingers, toes, and eyes crossed) then I will be able to start getting things ready to send out :)

So for this weekend I am :scared:
And hopefully monday I will be :woohoo:

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Sam have you tried on your dress yet?

Hey Stacey,

I have and I love it! I will post some pics once it comes in. I'm not sure why I didnt take pics when I was trying them on actually...

malibustacey
02-06-2009, 10:28 AM
YES WHY DIDNT YOU!!!! GRRR!! hehee!!

What dance do you teach? I used to do Tap and Jazz!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-06-2009, 11:05 AM
what is rose and crown? Can someone explain? sorry

malibustacey
02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
its the UK pub in Epcot!! hehe!! I havent even seen it - i just briefly walked past UK when i walked through one gate - we had come off the boat to get to Epcot... so i will have to take a look at it when i go in March!

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Mrsdisneyb2b what is rose and crown? Can someone explain? sorry

Of course! It is the restaurant in the Uk in Epcot that has yummy food, really good beer and desserts are to die for! If you try to book around 7:30-8pm you can see Illuminations right from your table. It's really nice and a lot of fun too. Perfect for your honeymoon!:thumbsup2

malibustacey
02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Can we stay in the parks to watch the fireworks even if we are not staying at Disney?

lpizzuro123
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Definately, IllumiNations is the shown at the end of the day, just before the park closes. Generally this is at 9:00pm. I think they have changed the closing hours for Epcot till 8:00pm a few days a week. On those nights IllumiNations is shown at 8:00. The month of December the park closes at 9:30 so Illuminations is shown then. Once the show is over people start leaving the park. I believe the shows and places to eat are closed. The large gift shop in the ftont of Epcot will stay open so you can shop on your way out of the park.

If there are Extra Magic Hours at Epcot the park is open until 3 hours after the posed closing time for resort guests.

Linda

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok, I am officially freaking out:scared: ! I realized today that my contract could be on its way on Monday if we win our lottery... AHHHHH That means I only have a year to do all this stuff and I am totally freaking out... I need a glass of wine

How did everyone else cope with the few days leading up to a year? I am super excited to get married, its all the work that goes into this whole wedding that I am dreading! I am ready to just elope (at Disney of course :lmao: lol)

Can anyone out there relate to this?

ariel1025
02-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Ok, I am officially freaking out:scared: ! I realized today that my contract could be on its way on Monday if we win our lottery... AHHHHH That means I only have a year to do all this stuff and I am totally freaking out... I need a glass of wine

How did everyone else cope with the few days leading up to a year? I am super excited to get married, its all the work that goes into this whole wedding that I am dreading! I am ready to just elope (at Disney of course :lmao: lol)

Can anyone out there relate to this?

First off pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: some extra pixie dust to ensure you get the day you chose.

Second off, I think it's completely normal to freak out....a little secret, but at times I was more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding:guilty: . I mean I was super ready to get married it was just SO stressful. However, just know that in the end (no matter what happens along the way) it will be PERFECT because it's your wedding day!!!

You can always ask me for advice, opinions, support etc.....

Can't wait to find out what you hear on Monday!

princess22
02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Is it a bad or good feeling?? I'm excited for you and sending some pixie dust your way also!!! (I owe you some anyway, thanks for all of mine!) :thumbsup2

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

camara381
02-06-2009, 08:47 PM
You're almost there!!!! Waiting those few days is nerve wrecking. Good luck on getting your date.

:cheer2:

Carye
02-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Just breathe, it will be fine. Either way things go, you still get to get married at WDW, just focus on the things you can control, and let the rest happen as it comes. Your are doing awesome, keep it up.

I saw illuminations from the Cantina de San Angel back in Sept, but I can't wait to see it from Rose and Crown, it is supposed to be an awesome viewing spot, so I'm excited.

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 09:30 PM
1st off you guys are the best, I actually think I will be able to sleep tonight knowing that this is normal! You are all amazing, I am so lucky to have found this support system of wonderful people! Thank you all :)

Carye Just breathe, it will be fine. Either way things go, you still get to get married at WDW, just focus on the things you can control, and let the rest happen as it comes. Your are doing awesome, keep it up.

I saw illuminations from the Cantina de San Angel back in Sept, but I can't wait to see it from Rose and Crown, it is supposed to be an awesome viewing spot, so I'm excited.

Thank you Carye, I need to remember to breath every now and then with all this wedding stuff! Your right, all that matters is that Dave and I are both there and happy! PS- You can sit outside on the Rose and Crown Patio and it is very pretty, it was closed when we went b/c of the cold but I am sure it is open now. You will love it :)

camara381 You're almost there!!!! Waiting those few days is nerve wrecking. Good luck on getting your date.

Thanks Carolina! I am glad you can relate to this whole waiting thing, disney sure can make you nervous! I just have to keep saying 2 more days over and over!

princess22 Is it a bad or good feeling?? I'm excited for you and sending some pixie dust your way also!!! (I owe you some anyway, thanks for all of mine!)

Thanks for the pixie dust Stacey, I am excited about the wedding, I just cant deal with the stress and suspense of waiting... I hope you figure out the photographer situation too, such a bummer so close to Sunday. Maybe it's a sign that there is an even better photographer waiting for you!:goodvibes

ariel1025 First off some extra pixie dust to ensure you get the day you chose.

Second off, I think it's completely normal to freak out....a little secret, but at times I was more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding . I mean I was super ready to get married it was just SO stressful. However, just know that in the end (no matter what happens along the way) it will be PERFECT because it's your wedding day!!!

You can always ask me for advice, opinions, support etc.....

Can't wait to find out what you hear on Monday!

You are amazing! Thank you, I am totally more focused on our trip in March then planning a wedding. I wish I just had tons of money to just pay for everything to be done for me, that would probably help this stress lol!
Thank you Shannon, I will def take you up on your offer of support, dont be surprised if you get a frantic PM this weekend lol!

I will keep you all posted, and will try to keep myself busy this weekend. Dave has to help his friend (one of our groomsmen) on Saturday with some around the house "manly projects" which I'm sure will include many trips to Home depot, so maybe I will head out to do a little shopping too... not home depot, but maybe something equally as fun:lmao:

Thank you ladies soooo much, you all made me feel so much better:goodvibes

Keira1387
02-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Just relax! :) I was only engaged for a year. At the year mark that's when things really start to getting rolling. It's the most exciting part. Just enjoy it. Your wedding will be here before you know it.

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Keira1387 Just relax! I was only engaged for a year. At the year mark that's when things really start to getting rolling. It's the most exciting part. Just enjoy it. Your wedding will be here before you know it.

Thank you, I will try and relax this weekend, I think I will feel really good if I get a good call from DFTW on Monday too! I will just "think happy thoughts" for the next few days :) Everyone always says it goes by quick, so I am ready to enjoy it :)

Keira1387
02-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah waiting to hear from Disney is probably the worst part. I think after I made my intial call to DFTW I called like 3 times that week! I couldn't take it!

When do you find out about the lottery?

tiggersam00
02-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I find out Monday so I am really nervous! But if it goes well I can sign my contract then too b/c we are at Atlantic Dance Hall which is a 12 month out contract... so now to wait :sad2:

polynesianbride
02-07-2009, 04:19 AM
pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I really hope you get your date! Let us know ASAP!!!!! Don't worry 1 year is plenty of time to get everything done. Alot of brides only have 1 year or less to plan and you already have a lot done! Hang in there, all the hard work and stress will pay off in the end!
pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: pixiedust::cheer2: pixiedust: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust:

padisneyfour
02-07-2009, 06:27 AM
good luck on getting your date!:goodvibes sending lots pixiedust: you're almost there!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Of course! It is the restaurant in the Uk in Epcot that has yummy food, really good beer and desserts are to die for! If you try to book around 7:30-8pm you can see Illuminations right from your table. It's really nice and a lot of fun too. Perfect for your honeymoon!:thumbsup2

OMG thank you so much for that I never realized it was there! I am wriitng that in my honeymoon itinerary now...Maybe that will be another surprise for Vin the first night:rotfl2:

Now if only i knew what time illuminations would be during july...oh lordy

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I find out Monday so I am really nervous! But if it goes well I can sign my contract then too b/c we are at Atlantic Dance Hall which is a 12 month out contract... so now to wait :sad2:

IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggersam00
02-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Mrsdisneyb2b OMG thank you so much for that I never realized it was there! I am wriitng that in my honeymoon itinerary now...Maybe that will be another surprise for Vin the first night
Now if only i knew what time illuminations would be during july...oh lordy

Usually it is 9pm in July, so if you make a 7:30 ressie you will be all set (even if its at 8) HTH :)

padisneyfour good luck on getting your date! sending lots you're almost there!

Thank you! I am going to try and keep myself super busy this weekend to keep my mind occupied!

polynesianbride
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I really hope you get your date! Let us know ASAP!!!!! Don't worry 1 year is plenty of time to get everything done. Alot of brides only have 1 year or less to plan and you already have a lot done! Hang in there, all the hard work and stress will pay off in the end!

Thanks, I can use all the crossed fingers I can get right now! You will all be the 1st I tell (of yea and Dave too lol:lmao: ) I am also in wedding world up here, we have been invited to 8 in the next year! So I am in wedding overload, everyone always says it goes in phases, so I gues I am in the "wedding" phase now!:scared:

malibustacey
02-08-2009, 07:16 AM
its ONE YEAR TO GO!! woohooo for you!!!

i really hope you get your dates, im thinking of you and hoping for you to!! :flower3: it's be so so great if you did- and im pretty sure you will!!

omggggg one year to go!! it sounds crazy!! 1 YEAR!! ::yes::

tiggersam00
02-08-2009, 09:33 AM
malibustacey its ONE YEAR TO GO!! woohooo for you!!!

i really hope you get your dates, im thinking of you and hoping for you to!! it's be so so great if you did- and im pretty sure you will!!

omggggg one year to go!! it sounds crazy!! 1 YEAR!!

OMG thank you!!!!!! I was so excited this morning when I woke up because it's 1 year (hopefully) Thank you so much Stace! It does sound totally crazy because 1 year will fly by! Oh my I am excited and anxious for tomorrow :) )

malibustacey
02-08-2009, 09:45 AM
a year will fly by! it really will!! i know i just PM'd you but i gotta say again - im sooo excited for you! i cant imagine what it feels like, being 1 year away- knowing that the 1 year will go so quickly!!

if you got your dates, it will be so great. :goodvibes

i have no doubt that you'll get your date! :thumbsup2 but im still hoping and wishing for ya!

tiggersam00
02-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I am getting married in 1 Year!!!!

Thats all, Im just happy :)

ariel1025
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :hyper: :jumping1:

Just wanted to say I am super duper happy for your one year milestone!!!

Oh and....

:tinker: pixiedust: :tink: pixiedust: :tinker: pixiedust:

Some last minute pixie dust for well wishes tomorrow!!!!!

not_Joanna_eggs
02-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Yay! Here's hoping tomorrow is as anti-climatic for you as it was for me.

(that really didn't sound like a well-wish... but I swear it was.)

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Sammmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oneeeeeeeeeee Yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omg Soo Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

polynesianbride
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
:banana: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: YAY ONE YEAR MARK:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo::banana:
Make sure you let us know ASAP tomorrow when you find out about your date! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Horray!! I jusy heard from Stacey at DFTW and... drum role please.... my wedding date is confirmed!!!:yay:

I am contracting 2/8/10 for

Ceremony: 5PM Wedding Pavillion
Cocktail Hour: 6-7PM Atlantic Dance Hall Croquet Lawn
Reception: 7-11PM Atlantic Dance Hall

and 2/7/10 for
Rehersal Tailgate: 2-4PM Shipwreck Beach
Back Up Location: Ariel's
:woohoo:

I am soooo excited and releived now... I can breath again!!!!

ariel1025
02-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Horray!! I jusy heard from Stacey at DFTW and... drum role please.... my wedding date is confirmed!!!:yay:

and 2/7/10 for

WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am so happy for you (and I knew you'd get it ;) ):goodvibes :cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Can't wait to hear all the planning now that you know it's confirmed!!!

disneygal922
02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Congrats Sam! That's so exciting that you are at the contracting point. I bet it feels oh so real now! However, have they changed the rules for WP brides, I thought we couldn't contract until 8months out? Anywho, congrats again! I'm glad you got your date! :goodvibes

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
disneygal922 WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Congrats Sam! That's so exciting that you are at the contracting point. I bet it feels oh so real now! However, have they changed the rules for WP brides, I thought we couldn't contract until 8months out? Anywho, congrats again! I'm glad you got your date!

Thanks, it really is a huge relief! I think with certain locations you can contract at 12 mos and ADH is one of them so we are all set, it is very relaxing to have the extra few months too, well I'm sure it wont be relaxing but oh well!!:rotfl:

ariel1025 WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am so happy for you (and I knew you'd get it )

Can't wait to hear all the planning now that you know it's confirmed!!!

Thanks Shannon! I am so happy right now! And I just found out that all the planning needs to start asap! I thought I would just send in a contract, but I need to do my room block before that, so I guess I will be mailing out newsletters in the next couple of days instead of weeks... oh well!

camara381
02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Congrats on getting your date!!!!! That's awesome, now the real planning can begin!!!!!!

malibustacey
02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! WOOOHOOO!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

How excited must you be right now! I am excited and happy for you!! Its the real deal now!

:goodvibes G<-GOOD VIBES INDEED!!!

padisneyfour
02-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Congrats on getting your date! :goodvibes

MegKate
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Congrats on getting the date Sam!! Here are some of my patented Got the Date Dancing Bananas!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

princess22
02-09-2009, 06:06 PM
:banana: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED for you!!!!!
:banana: :woohoo: party: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :woohoo:

It is going to be an amazing wedding! I love the tailgate idea, super cute!!! Congrats again, now to really start getting all the plans together! Can't wait to read about all of them!

polynesianbride
02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: YAY for getting your date! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:jumping1: party: CONGRATULATIONSparty: :jumping1:

Keira1387
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Congrats on getting your date!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Keira1387 Congrats on getting your date!!!

polynesianbride YAY for getting your date!
CONGRATULATIONS

princess22 YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED for you!!!!!

It is going to be an amazing wedding! I love the tailgate idea, super cute!!! Congrats again, now to really start getting all the plans together! Can't wait to read about all of them!

MegKate Congrats on getting the date Sam!! Here are some of my patented Got the Date Dancing Bananas!

padisneyfour Congrats on getting your date!

malibustacey YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! WOOOHOOO!!
How excited must you be right now! I am excited and happy for you!! Its the real deal now!
G<-GOOD VIBES INDEED!!!

camara381 Woo Hoo!!!!

Congrats on getting your date!!!!! That's awesome, now the real planning can begin!!!!!!

Thanks girls! I really am super happy right now! And I'm not sure how it happened but I got a sudden burst of wedding adrenalin and have organized a planning session for tomorrow night in my kitchen with both sets of parents (they all live within a mile of our house, so getting together is not too tricky) and we are going to finalize the guest list and try to make a room block! I am ready to get this thing in print lol!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Seriously, thank all for your support as I had a mini-meltdown this week waiting to hear. I love you all! Thank you a million times :yay:

not_Joanna_eggs
02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Okay I'm late, but :cool1: Yay on your date!

Happy room-blockng, thought I must say, I'm jealous - I was told it was too early to make my room block as the pricing wasn't available yet :confused3

Congratulations again!

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
not_Joanna_eggs Okay I'm late, but Yay on your date!

Happy room-blockng, thought I must say, I'm jealous - I was told it was too early to make my room block as the pricing wasn't available yet

Congratulations again!

Thanks Joanna, thats weird about them telling you you couldnt start a room block. I have heard about some inconsistencies with DFTW though, so who knows!

Where did you block your rooms?

not_Joanna_eggs
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks Joanna, thats weird about them telling you you couldnt start a room block. I have heard about some inconsistencies with DFTW though, so who knows!

Where did you block your rooms?

Yeah, very weird. Only thing I can think of is he's holding off because I'm not 100% sold on the reception location? But I would think that the room-block would be the same regardless :confused3 :confused3 I think I'm going to call my WC tomorrow and ask if the pricing info is available...

I haven't been able to officially block rooms yet, but we'll most likely do
Beach Club Villas
Contemporary
Yacht Club
POFQ

I'm letting people know about the Values and recommending POP (pending our stay in March) but knowing our group, they'll mostly stay at the Deluxes, plus you get a bigger discount there...

Carye
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Yay!!! Congrats on the date!
I know the planning starts off with a little bang right after the contract, mine is in my inbox now just waiting for a get together with dad to get everything signed.
I think the room block can be done now, I already did mine, they just won't 100% guarantee the rates until the 3 or 6 month mark, I can't remember which one. But don't stress about it, my consultant told me it was flexible, just to get something to start off of and it can be adjusted as people respond. Which resort are you choosing??

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
I was also told Pop doesnt even participate in the room block, they dont offer any discounts but you could hold rooms there.... very bizarre b/c I wanted to do POP

camara381
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
We have the Pop on our wedding block and so far 8 rooms booked.

HeatherNJNC
02-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Congrats on getting your date, isn't it such a relief!!! It all becomes so real now! I have Pop on my block too, they originally didnt have it on the form but I asked about it and added it with no problems!

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Omgggggggggggggggggggg
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
You Got The Date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Mrsdisneyb2b Omgggggggggggggggggggg
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
You Got The Date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!! Thanks Jenny!

HeatherNJNC Congrats on getting your date, isn't it such a relief!!! It all becomes so real now! I have Pop on my block too, they originally didnt have it on the form but I asked about it and added it with no problems!

OMG it is the biggest relief, now it all feels real! I'm glad to hear about the POP being an option, I really think I like it more then the All Stars, but I havent been to All Stars in a while... like 8 years so I'm sure it has been updated by now :)

camara381 We have the Pop on our wedding block and so far 8 rooms booked.

Thanks, I just emailed my planner and she said I could add it, but POP doesnt offer a discount for 2010 so the rate is $88, but that seems ok by me! Thanks Carolina!

malibustacey
02-10-2009, 09:03 AM
$88 - thats well good!!! i think my guests will certainly be staying there!!

lpizzuro123
02-10-2009, 09:12 AM

and 2/7/10 for

Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so great. All your places sound great. Where is the ADH Croquet Lawn? We had our reception at ADH and our cocktail was upstairs.

The Tailgate party sounds great. Can't wait to read more.

Linda

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 09:19 AM
lpizzuro123 Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so great. All your places sound great. Where is the ADH Croquet Lawn? We had our reception at ADH and our cocktail was upstairs.

The Tailgate party sounds great. Can't wait to read more.

Linda

Hi Linda! Thanks, I am sooo excited now! My planner told my the croquet lawn is right next to the ADH (I honestly have never seen ADH or the croquet lawn so i am not 100% sure lol) I think we have to have the upstairs tables for dinner b/c we have a big guest list, so she said to try that :) I'll try to take some pics of it when I go down in March to show you :)

malibustacey
02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
your mega mega guest list! :lmao:

Have you got it down to 180 people yet?

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
not 180 yet but 220 so far, tonight we are looking at the whole list and seeing who we really think would show up, so we'll see...:confused3

malibustacey
02-10-2009, 10:09 AM
oh gosh 220 people! oh gosh 180 people!

Well i hope you get your numbers down, i feel for you! (i feel the cost too!- yummy disney dinner for 180 people yikes!!)

Let me know how you get on!

lpizzuro123
02-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Here is a photo of the inside of the ADH from our reception. The second floor is where we had our pre-reception, it is like a narrow U shape that looks out over the dance floor. The main floor is where you walk in. The bar and DJ booth are located on this floor and I am sure this is where you will have your tables. You walk down a few steps to the dance floor. This is where we had all our tables set up.

You can see the upper level in this picture.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/3cc1a02b.jpg

And in this one also.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/35bfa95d.jpg

And here is what our dance floor looked like.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/cf1f32a2.jpg

You will love this location.

We will also be down in Disney the end of March for DH's birthday. We should try to get together for a drink or something on the Boardwalk.

Linda

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 10:35 AM
that would be great! Dave and I are thinking about going to ADH one night to check it out and having a drink, we should try to find a night to all meet!

pink_tink8i8
02-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm a little late but I just wanted to say congratulations on getting your date! That is sooo exciting!! :yay:

tinks_1989
02-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Hello

i just poped over from staceys PJ and read through your pj (well what you had wrote lol)

Your dress beautiful when i could see just the head of the model i thought oh my god she is a haunted mansion fan i really thought it was some of that ride she is scary

i love the bridesmaids dress they are very nice i looked at the exact same style i love the 2nd one and the colour

and you are sooo lucky and your upcoming trip to wdw :)

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 11:58 AM
tinks_1989 Hello

i just poped over from staceys PJ and read through your pj (well what you had wrote lol)

Your dress beautiful when i could see just the head of the model i thought oh my god she is a haunted mansion fan i really thought it was some of that ride she is scary

i love the bridesmaids dress they are very nice i looked at the exact same style i love the 2nd one and the colour

and you are sooo lucky and your upcoming trip to wdw

Thanks for reading everything Leanne! I am going to read your right now, and high five for both marrying Dave's! :woohoo:

I was dying when you said that about my haunted mansion bride barbie dress model! She totally looks like thats spooky bride Constance in the ride! :rotfl2:

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
pink_tink8i8 I'm a little late but I just wanted to say congratulations on getting your date! That is sooo exciting!!

thanks! I am so happy that its all coming together now! I makes it real!

tinks_1989
02-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks for reading everything Leanne! I am going to read your right now, and high five for both marrying Dave's! :woohoo:

I was dying when you said that about my haunted mansion bride barbie dress model! She totally looks like thats spooky bride Constance in the ride! :rotfl2:

aww thanks mine is a bit empty lol

yay to the daves lol

gemmybear83
02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Congratulations on getting the date!:goodvibes I cant wait till I get mine but its sooooo long away! Im really enjoying reading you PJ!:)

Tink&PirateMama
02-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Congrats on getting your date!! I'm so anxiously awaiting getting mine confirmed, but I have to wait until May :(

Everything you've got planned so far looks incredible!!

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
gemmybear83 Congratulations on getting the date! I cant wait till I get mine but its sooooo long away! Im really enjoying reading you PJ!

Aww thanks for reading so far! I am going to pop over and read yours right now:) Everyone says it will go by super quick, and so far it has for me, I cant believe a year from now I will be on my disneymoon!

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Tink&PirateMama Congrats on getting your date!! I'm so anxiously awaiting getting mine confirmed, but I have to wait until May

Everything you've got planned so far looks incredible!!

Thanks! It snuck up on me thats for sure! May will be here before you know it! Then we can celebrate you getting your date :yay::woohoo:

Tink&PirateMama
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks! It snuck up on me thats for sure! May will be here before you know it! Then we can celebrate you getting your date :yay::woohoo:

Aww.. thank you! :)

tiggersam00
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Tink&PirateMama Aww.. thank you!

Your welcome! By the way when can you find out your date in May??

PS- I'm a dancer too, I teach ballet, hip hop, jazz, tap and modern and whatever else they throw at me lol :):dance3:

ariel1025
02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Samantha!! I just wanted to stop by and see how the planning was coming along? Did you ever decide on paper for your Save the Dates? How's the room block and guest list coming along? Even though they don't reduce the rate for POP I think plenty of people will be happy with $88, that's still a great price to stay at WDW!!

malibustacey
02-11-2009, 02:48 AM
Sam - ADH looks so lush! If i had lots of people coming to my wedding i would jump at the chance to have it there- i didnt realise it looked like that- it looks amazing, and those pictures, with the DJ lights, decor and everything make it look wow! I love the balcony part with it looking over the dance floor.

tiggersam00
02-11-2009, 07:53 AM
:goodvibes Thanks Stacey! I really loved all the pics I have seen of ADH. When I fiirst called DFTW I told my consultant (who's name is Stacey too :thumbsup2 ) that I wasn't sure at all where I wanted the wedding, but that since it would be a large number of guests, I didn't want to pay to decorate a place... so she suggested ADH and the American Adventure at Epcot as 2 lovely places that don't really need any decorations. Ultimatley ths pics on here from Linda and Tracy's weddings made me realize how perfect ADH was. I am not planning on spending any money on decorations as of now, which will save some $$ since we have a crazy guest list!
I actually have never even been inside or seen ADH, Dave and I are planning to visit next month for the 1st time! I'll take lots of pics I'm sure!

tiggersam00
02-11-2009, 08:00 AM
ariel1025 Hi Samantha!! I just wanted to stop by and see how the planning was coming along? Did you ever decide on paper for your Save the Dates? How's the room block and guest list coming along? Even though they don't reduce the rate for POP I think plenty of people will be happy with $88, that's still a great price to stay at WDW!!

Hey Shannon! I did decide on the paper for the STD's this weekend actually... I will post pics of the actually STD's once I make them on Sat or Sun lol!
:rotfl:

tiggersam00
02-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Ok, so here is what I am planning for my "pre-non DFTW- STD's"...

This weekend I went to Michael's and bought every disney stamp and scrapbook punch in site! I bought a classic Mickey head stamp and a cute little marriage bell stamp too. (I also got a fun pack with the classic 4 in it, but I am not sure what to do with those yet...)
I also bought a Mickey punch and a border punch with a mickey head, mickey glove, "M" and little stars on it.
Then I found a border stamp with a scroll tyoe design on it for the corners of the envelope.

I am going to use plain envelopes (from Staples, nothing fancy) and decorate the outside with a border stamp I got and a few little mickey head stamps in pink and silver.

Then, I will make labels with everyone's address for the front in the Disney Font (I am far to lazy to hand write them lol:lmao: ).

On the back on the envelope I am making stickers that say "Caution, May Contain Pixie Dust" and using that as the seal for the envelope.

On the inside I am putting the STD letter I made and some Mickey-fetti I had Dave help me punch out on glittery paper.

It is simple and I think it will be pretty cute for the "pre-STD". Disney does the formal Cinderella one, so I didn't want to go overboard but I still wanted to give people the info they needed.

Do you think that will work?:confused3

ariel1025
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
"Caution May Contain Pixie Dust" is brilliant...I LOVE it!!!