PDA

View Full Version : Airtran credit... ?

dudspizza
12-31-2008, 12:12 AM
I see my flights are cheaper now on Airtran. I have heard of others getting a credit when this happens. Is this in the form of flight vouchers or can I get a credit back to my credit card?

How should I go about this?

Thanks.

Duds

disneynuts777
12-31-2008, 12:39 AM
It is in the form of a flight credit that can be used for up to one year from the origional purchase date. Your credit card will not be refunded the difference.;) You usually have to pay the change fee and then the difference is held in credit. So if your flight is $100 cheaper now and I believe airtran charges a $75.00 change fee per ticket then you would have $25 leftover in a credit.

UtzigTravel
12-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Not necessarily...

I changed my flights for the middle of January, they gave me the credit, without tacking on the change fee.

It may depend on who you speak with.

cbrfan
12-31-2008, 09:29 AM
They don't charge the $75 change fee to get a credit for a lower fare. If you get an agent who says they have to charge it, call back and speak to someone else. They may or may not charge the phone fee. Once again, it depends on the agent you get. I know they're supposed to charge the phone fee but don't always. I never argue it because they don't have to give me anything at all. The credit is only given as a courtesy.

dthogue
12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
A friend of mine had this happen earlier in the month - she called and they charged her a phone fee of $15.00 per ticket and issued her a credit for future use for the difference. Now if she wanted to change flights, it would have been a $75.00 per ticket fee.

Kevenswife2
12-31-2008, 12:31 PM
I did this just this week. The credit was put into my A+Rewards account. I have one year to book (not take) a flight using the credit. I was charged the $15 fee per person.

Take note...they are rebooking you when they credit you, so you lose your chosen seats if you paid for them. Be sure to tell them you want to keep those seats and they will give them back to you...and take the $6 charge out of your 'credit'.

If you forget about the seats you can call back later and chose them. You will be charged the seat fee ($6) but no other fee.