PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Credit for sale???? Ebay?

dfularz
12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Is Ebay no longer allowing people to sell their ticketless travel credit? I can't find any for sale on there, and have $267 to get rid of.... We thought we would be flying again before Aug (expiration) but have changed our plans, so now I have the credit and no one to use it :( Has anyone used Craigslist for this if Ebay is no longer doing it??? Or did I just miss it on the Ebay site? Thanks for the help!!:confused3

disneynuts777
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
No Ebay is not letting you do this anymore. You could try craigs list but I would not be surprised if you cannot there either. You are not supposed to "sell" a credit to someone else.;)

kaytieeldr
12-31-2008, 03:25 AM
Well, Southwest doesn't allow it and so Ebay is simply complying with the business's rules.

dfularz
12-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know if they are still doing the extension of 6 more months with a $50 fee? I am not trying to make any money on this, just trying to recoup some back or be able to use it 2 months later. I wouldn't have a problem if the date on ticketless travel was based on the day you actually fly and not the day you book. I guess that is what I get for booking my flight 4 months in advance! :) I could use it next October, but not by August. As for Southwest not allowing it, then why is it transferrable, if I am "transferring" it at cost or actually less than face value, I don't see why that would be a problem. It would make more sense to me I guess if it was non-transferrable. :confused3

jlewisinsyr
12-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Southwest from my understanding, doesn't restrict you on transferring the credits without compensation, however, if there is any sort of cash transaction (regardless of the amount), the transaction is prohibited.

It may be unfair, but considering they are about the only airline that even allows this type of transaction, I guess I wouldn't complain about the details.

dfularz
01-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks for all of the input. It is all greatly appreciated. I am going to check to see if I can extend my credit and sacrifice the 50 dollars....

wmackleit
01-26-2009, 12:35 PM
What did you find out from SW?

Michael623
01-26-2009, 03:07 PM
How many different credits is it? PM me if you're interested in selling it. I'd give you the amount -$40 so you'd make $10 more than extending it.

JB2K
01-26-2009, 06:10 PM
This is not surprising, as I know first-hand of tales of mis-appropriated/sold SWA credits on eBay.

In this case, the eBay seller offered a "virtual" SWA gift card (these things are common with products/services you can buy with a gift card on the 'net)and sold it with a "Buy it Now" at a $25 discount -- it all sounds normal and good, until...

...after a few weeks, SWA reservations called the new GC holder to let them know that their reservation (which was paid-for with the eBay-acquired GC) was ultimately purchased with a stolen/misappropriated credit card -- it would appear the cardholder's issuing bank did some investigating, followed the money trail to SWA, who, in effect, had little choice but to shut-down the GC, leaving the eBay buyer out in the cold (and learning a valuable lesson).

And, for anyone even entertaining the thought of buying such credits on Craigslist -- remember, in that venue, you are completely unprotected from potential fraud!

mrsstats
01-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Just spoke with SW on a similar issue. We have a credit that exipres 9/13/09.I just a Luv voucher that we received last Sept for a problem we had with SW when they lost our luggage. Since I used that credit when I made my reservations in Nov, all credits on this will expire 9/13/09. I have over $350. in credit that I cant use by 9/13. We are flying again on 9/19. We can only extend the credit after 9/13 at a cost of $50. per ticket. Had I not used the $50 voucher, I would have had until Nov/09 to use my credits.

I called Customer Service, spk with a supervisor. They cant change the exipiration date and I cant even pay the $100. until after 9/13 which does me no good. I am sending them a letter but I doubt I will get anywhere.