PDA

View Full Version : Magical Xpress ?

LMO429
12-30-2008, 04:20 PM
We have used Magical Express about 5 times in the past 4 years and have always been satisfied with this service...we have a different scenario going on this time and I wanted to see if we would be allowed to do something:

We will be on a disney cruise this upcoming May and we will be renting a car! On the last day of our cruise we will be driving back to Orlando for a week at the beach club. My brother and girlfriend will be flying in to MCO at about the same time we will be driving back to Orlando so we decided that we would be picking them up from the airport. Would it still be possible for my brother and girlfriend to use the ME service for the luggage service only? Or do you have to get on the bus in order to use the service?

Ed J
12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
If you try it put your helmet on and buckle the chin strap :rotfl:

BTW it's a hot topic in here :)

acm563
12-30-2008, 04:35 PM
On our most recent visit a couple of weeks ago there were 3 in our party, 2 of us wanted to ride ME because for us its part of the Disney Experience and one did not want to and rented a car. The bags still made it to the separate rooms and coming back to the airport we all 3 rode in the car and not on the bus and our bags still made it home...so my answer from my experience is yes, if you have the ME service your bags will still arrive at your room if your body does not arrive on the bus, but I will say that we did all 3 check in at the ME desk, we just didnt all 3 get on the bus. Hope this answers your question :) (but keep in mind that it still takes a length of time for your bags to get to your room, up to 3.5 hours)

BTW it's a hot topic in here :)[/QUOTE]

disneyfaninaz
12-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Rather than trying to meet up on the curb at the airport, just have your family take the ME bus to the resort and meet them there. DME is not intended for use as just a luggage service.

popcorn::

debster812
12-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Our fabulous, fair-minded, and wonderfully esteemed moderator has asked that we refer these types of DME questions to this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2015788

see mom, I can be good when I put my mind to it;)

LMO429
12-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Our fabulous, fair-minded, and wonderfully esteemed moderator has asked that we refer these types of DME questions to this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2015788

see mom, I can be good when I put my mind to it;)

thank you for the link to the thread. i didnt realize it was a hot topic, if you are not allowed to do such a thing i will just hve my brother and girlfriend pick up their luggage and we will drive them to the hotel it shouldnt be a big deal I am sure about 90% of the plane is probably using the ME and there are probably not that many people picking up their bags to begin with.

CarolA
12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Just a note.... on the return DME really doesn't deal with your luggage. It's the outside company BAGS. And they don't care if you get on the bus or not.