PDA

View Full Version : SW credit is it transferable?

Hockeychic
12-30-2008, 08:16 AM
I have a flight credit that I can not use but a friend of mine can and is willing to buy it from me.

My question is are they transferable? I couldn't find anything on the website.

Thanks
Kim

pamjb
12-30-2008, 08:28 AM
They are absolutely transferable. All you need to give to your friend is the confirmation number and your name.

Hockeychic
12-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Terrific!!! Thank you

Lewisc
12-30-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure what the OP is asking. A SW RR award ticket can be used by anyone (transferable). Ticketless credits, from an unused flight or fare reduction, can be transferred. Neither can be sold and E-Bay shuts down auctions.

A flight credit, given for flying, can't be transferred. One person has to accumulate enough credits for a free flight.

Hockeychic
12-30-2008, 09:21 AM
It was where I booked and paid for a flight and now the price has gone down. I use to always be able to get the credit back but I guess they have tightened up on this as I have not had any luck to date.

So I was going to sell the credit to a friend who could use it.

Do you think that is OK?

DMRick
12-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Sell your friends a nice t shirt for the cost of the credits and give her the credit.

Seriously, you can transfer it and they do say not sellable.

It was where I booked and paid for a flight and now the price has gone down. I use to always be able to get the credit back but I guess they have tightened up on this as I have not had any luck to date.

So I was going to sell the credit to a friend who could use it.

Do you think that is OK?

pamjb
12-30-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure what the OP is asking. A SW RR award ticket can be used by anyone (transferable). Ticketless credits, from an unused flight or fare reduction, can be transferred. Neither can be sold and E-Bay shuts down auctions.

The OP stated she is selling them to a friend. She will have no problem in using them. I have purchased tickets using my neighbors TTF and I have sold TTF to another Dis'er. I haven't had any problems using the tickets nor has anyone else that I know.

ruadisneyfan2
12-30-2008, 03:00 PM
I have sold credits to a coworker at around a $20 discount. she got $$ off her flight cost and I got some $$ back for my credits. I wouldn't sell to strangers.