PDA

View Full Version : Any way around Airtran change fee?

funforfive
12-29-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever not had to pay a change fee for flights with Airtran. I just noticed Airtran now has non-stops that were not available when we booked and the price is about $20 less than what we paid. I might just pay to switch to a non-stop but, if there's a way around the fee....Wishful thinking:wizard:

TDC Nala
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Only if they change your flights themselves.

uva185
12-29-2008, 06:45 PM
When did you book the flights and when are you scheduled to depart? There is a chance there will be a schedule change between now and your departure date which will allow you to switch to different flights without paying the change fee.

funforfive
12-29-2008, 07:30 PM
We still have a few months, I guess I'll just keep watching my flights and hope for a change by Airtran:thumbsup2

sskem96
12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Your best bet would be to call and ask them. They might have a different rule regarding this since they added flights that weren't available when you booked. I often call them when I book a flight on-line and see the same flight for a lower price later, and they've always been easy to deal with and give me a credit towards my next flight.