PDA

View Full Version : How to get from the Grand Floridian to Sea World easily??

aandk1997
12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
We're planning on going to Sea World one day while we're at Disney World. We are staying at the Grand Floridian. I've noted that there is a "bus" you can catch that will drop you off at the entrance to the parking lot (which means you have to walk through the parking lot to get to the entrance), and then wave down another bus when you leave. This option doesn't sound that appealing.
So.....what's the best way to do this?? One day car rental?? Can this be done at the ticket and transportation center??
Anyone who has done this, please give me some insight as to the best way to do this.

Thanks.

Ham Ham
12-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Taxi or rent a car.
I would save Sea World for my next trip to Orlando.

MinnieLee
12-30-2008, 04:44 AM
You can also call Mears. They will send a shuttle to the hotel and it costs $21 round trip. Depending on the size of your family/group it may be better to take a cab or rent a car. We have rented a car for one day for around $70.

clkelley
12-30-2008, 02:35 PM
You can get a taxi directly from your resort. You could rent a car from Alamo at the Car Care Center for 1 day and the Alamo van will pick you up from your resort.

Unless the rates have increased since I last used them, Mears should be no more than $16 RT per person. However, it is a shared service and you will be stopping at other resorts both directions and will be on their time schedule.