PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why

Judy Judy Judy
12-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I wonder why :confused3 the fort doesn't have pre-registeration? I just stayed at a campground where if you have an advance reservation, they send you all the checkin stuff thru the mail including site number and then you just pull into your spot when you get there. As big as FW is you would think they would have the same process, think of the time it would save.

becky1960
12-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I think the reason is that they are big as you say. People are constantly making changes and cancellations. They would have to require non- refundable deposits and that would make people unhappy.

2goofycampers
12-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Starting January 2009, you will be able to do online check-in to your Disney resort.

This new service will streamline actual resort check-in. The service will be available at Walt Disney World Resort hotels as well of Disney Vacation Club resorts.

A welcome folder with your Key to the World Card will be waiting for you at the designated Online Check-in area at the resort. You will need to present photo ID to pick up the packet and complete your check-in.

Online check-in will be available 10 days in advance of your stay through your arrival day.

If you made your reservations via Disneyworld.com or through the Disney Reservation Center, you will receive an email notifying you of this new program.

For Disney Vacation Club members who booked through Member Services, you will receive information via the dvcmemeber.com website, Disney Files magazine and Member Services.

If you made your reservation with a Travel Agent, you will receive information via email or your documents.

During the Online Check-in process you will need to provide the same information you do during in person check-in: Name, room requests, address, phone number, credit card etc.

clkelley
12-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Actually, after the first of the year, online checkin will be available at the resorts. Not sure if the campground will be included, but this will be wonderful. Not sure if you will get your site number till you arrive.

Judy Judy Judy
12-29-2008, 04:06 PM
I will be keeping my eyes on this in hopes of being able to check in early....hehe that would be great! :magnify:

clkelley
12-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Here is the info as posted on all ears

Starting January 2009, you will be able to do online check-in to your Disney resort.

This new service will streamline actual resort check-in. The service will be available at Walt Disney World Resort hotels as well of Disney Vacation Club resorts.

A welcome folder with your Key to the World Card will be waiting for you at the designated Online Check-in area at the resort. You will need to present photo ID to pick up the packet and complete your check-in.

Online check-in will be available 10 days in advance of your stay through your arrival day.

If you made your reservations via Disneyworld.com or through the Disney Reservation Center, you will receive an email notifying you of this new program.

For Disney Vacation Club members who booked through Member Services, you will receive information via the dvcmemeber.com website, Disney Files magazine and Member Services.

If you made your reservation with a Travel Agent, you will receive information via email or your documents.

During the Online Check-in process you will need to provide the same information you do during in person check-in: Name, room requests, address, phone number, credit card etc.

You will not be able to change your reservation via the Online Check-in Service.

Utilizing Online Check-in will not get your room ready any faster than normal processes.

Disneyland is currently not participating in this service.

Once you utilize Disney's new Online Check-in Service, let us know about your experience!

Select Disney hotels may come online during December, 2008.

This is still unclear if the campground is participating. If anyone gets this service at the campground, let us know!!!!!