PDA

View Full Version : Any comments onThrifty? Best price I've done so far

DMRick
12-29-2008, 01:28 PM
I just rented Thrifty through Sams Club for $251 total for two weeks (Jan 27 - Feb 10). I've never rented from Thrifty. I know they are off site and we'll need to take a shuttle from the aiport and back. Anyone have any good or bad to say about them? The only other 'reasonable' rate I have is $357 through Budget. I can do a lot with $106 extra!

neonurse
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM
That sounds like a great price. The cheapest I found for your dates was $500. I say keep it.

DMRick
12-29-2008, 04:25 PM
That sounds like a great price. The cheapest I found for your dates was $500. I say keep it.

Have you rented from Thrifty? I'm more concerned about how the rental will go. Thanks.

neonurse
12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I have only rented from alamo and budget. Both were in the airport. I'm sure someone has used them before. If no one answers try posting another question just about users of thrifty.
Good luck.

VWLMember
12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
I have rented from thrifty and they have screwed up my last 4 rentals. I gave them more chances because they gave me compensation for a few bad rentals. Two were in Italy, one was an old beat up car, the other was one that was way smaller than the model described. And two from Orlando, one was filthy dirty (minivan that had the rear area still full of trash), the second was a minivan that had the oil change light come on as soon as I got in it (they gave up another vehicle). I am done with them and have moved on to Simply Wheelz by Hertz.

QT Pooh
12-30-2008, 08:26 AM
I've rented from Thrifty several times at MCO and have not had a problem yet. I rent mid-size, standard and/or full-size. That price is really good for a 2 week rental.

DMRick
12-30-2008, 09:54 AM
I got worried and switched to simply wheels. 2 week total is $247.09