PDA

View Full Version : Bon voyage party gift bag ideas.

SCQ86
12-29-2008, 12:50 PM
We are sailing in February and there are 3 families going on the cruise. We are planning to have a bon voyage party and I'm filling up the goodies bags for the kids and adults.

So does anyone have any ideas to put in an adult bag....a teenager (18/19 year old) bag and kids bags.

TIA

kcashner
12-29-2008, 02:12 PM
All the cruise basics--sunscreen, sun glasses, pirate eye patches, tattoos, stickers, autograph books, mini-highlighters. In fact, check out the thread on the best "fish extender" gifts--there are good ideas there. Small sized toiletries...disposable underwater camera...munchies....

Anything Disney themed--pens, pins, sun visors. Again, go to Disneyshopping.com or your local Disney store and see what's on sale after Christmas.

What NOT to pack--bubble stuff or silly string. This used to be recommended for the sail away party on the ship but it makes the deck slippery and is a pain to clean up.

mmouse37
12-29-2008, 02:19 PM
We are sailing in February and there are 3 families going on the cruise. We are planning to have a bon voyage party and I'm filling up the goodies bags for the kids and adults.

So does anyone have any ideas to put in an adult bag....a teenager (18/19 year old) bag and kids bags.

TIA

Are the goody bags to bring on the cruise with them or just for the party?

We had a pre cruise party and I ordered a Bon Voyage banner from www.orientaltrading.com and got all plates and cups and stuff. I also made a whole pirate themed menu and made cruise ship cookies...they came out so nice!!! I also ordered a cookie cake from Great American Cookie Company....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/mmouse37/P9280079.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/mmouse37/P9280086.jpg

tinkerbellmom1
12-29-2008, 02:27 PM
I have 2 teenage boys and they love to know I have brought their favorite snacks and candy bars, waterproof/underwater cameras, chap stick, glow sticks, sunscreen stick or spray and magazines that they will read while on the cruise.

Just a few different ideas. Good luck and have fun!

P.S. I love those cookies! They came out great!

jollytammy
12-30-2008, 06:28 PM
:love: LOVE:love: the cookies!!! What a cool idea.

SCQ86
12-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Are the goody bags to bring on the cruise with them or just for the party?

We had a pre cruise party and I ordered a Bon Voyage banner from www.orientaltrading.com and got all plates and cups and stuff. I also made a whole pirate themed menu and made cruise ship cookies...they came out so nice!!! I also ordered a cookie cake from Great American Cookie Company....

The bags are for the trip....essentials for everyone. I'm thinking about a first aid kit for the adults. The adults are the hardest bags to fill. What would you want in an adult bag?

Mickeyteacher
12-30-2008, 07:00 PM
When I did adult bags in 2006, I put bandaids, hand santizier, a mini sewing kit, disney mints, a package of gum, glow sticks, mini bottles of bubbles, an underwater camera, chap stick, sunscreen, disney hats for everyone in the family, an invite to a Palo's brunch, and info for my parents Vow renewal on the beach in Key West.
For the kids I put bandaids, hand santizier, disney candy, a package of gum, glow sticks, mini bottles of bubbles, an underwater camera, chap stick, sunscreen, and disney hats for everyone in the family.
One thing I will not repeat the next time in a lot of snacks. On both of our cruises, we never touched the snacks- it was a waste of money. There is always food on board to find and eat.
Hope that helps!
S :)

anewmac
12-31-2008, 01:10 AM
The bags are for the trip....essentials for everyone. I'm thinking about a first aid kit for the adults. The adults are the hardest bags to fill. What would you want in an adult bag?

mini bottles of alcohol!

BaxFam
12-31-2008, 01:18 AM
mini bottles of alcohol!

Mini bottles of alcohol, a great idea for the adult bags!
On our last vacation, my sister ordered us passport covers that she had personalized.
I think she ordered them online, you could probably google it.
They weren't very expensive at all.

Loved the cruise ship cookies!