PDA

View Full Version : Flying after Thanksgiving, which day is busiest?

helenk
12-29-2008, 11:19 AM
You always hear about the busiest travel day of the year being after Thanksgiving. Is it generally considered the Sunday after Thanksgiving or the Monday after?
I am planning my trip for next year. And I want to go just after Thanksgiving, but trying to make sure I am not just wasting time in lines at an airport.

CarolA
12-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I flew both days this year. (Home Sunday from visiting friends, out on Monday for business) If there was a difference I couldn't tell it. Very busy both days. (Monday morning was pretty bad LOL!)

helenk
12-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Yikes, both days busy, I was afraid of that. I guess I will have to re-think my travel dates.

bzzelady
12-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I flew out Sunday morning on the 8 am flight from MCO to PHL (had to be at the airport by 6am, but I figured that it was better to go out early in case any travel delays developed during the day).

seashoreCM
12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day but Saturday and Monday get the folks who were unable to book (snag) a satisfactory seat for Sunday and the folks who cannot complete a trip home in one day.