PDA

View Full Version : Driving Directions

elizablake
12-29-2008, 12:17 PM
We will be driving from Atlanta and according to Disney World's site, we should take I-75 South to the Florida Turnpike South to I-4 west and get off at exit 64 (follow the signs from there).

I've gotten slightly different directions from co-workers?

What's the best way to get to Fort Wilderness?

2goofycampers
12-29-2008, 12:39 PM
I-75 to Fl. Turnpike and get off at the new 429 it is now the first WDW exit you will see, it saves alot of time and the hassle of I-4.

elizablake
12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you!

clkelley
12-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Specific Directions with Exit numbers and toll amounts:

Directions to WDW/Ft. Wilderness from I-75

I-75 S

Get off at exit 328 (approximately 140 miles from Georgia/Florida State Line, approximately 107 miles from I-10)

Travel on Florida Turnpike to Exit 267A (429S) (approximately 42 miles)

Travel on 429S to Exit 8 (Disney World/Hartzog Rd) (approximately 14 miles)

This road will take you to West Buena Vista Dr near Coronado Springs.

Turn right if going to All-Stars or Animal Kingdom Lodge, turn left if going anywhere else, then follow the Disney signs to your destination.

Tolls on the main Turnpike will be $2.50 for a standard vehicle. ($5.00 if pulling a single axle trailer, $2.50 extra for each additional axle)

Tolls on 429S to Disney World will be just $1.00 as the Disney World Exit doesn't appear to charge a toll. ($1.50 if pulling a single axle trailer, $.50 extra for each additional axle.)

(I based the mileage on the exit numbers as they coincide with mile markers).

elizablake
12-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Perfect! I'm printing them now.

Stinkerbell1973
12-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Specific Directions with Exit numbers and toll amounts:

Directions to WDW/Ft. Wilderness from I-75

I-75 S

Get off at exit 328 (approximately 140 miles from Georgia/Florida State Line, approximately 107 miles from I-10)

Travel on Florida Turnpike to Exit 267A (429S) (approximately 42 miles)

Travel on 429S to Exit 8 (Disney World/Hartzog Rd) (approximately 14 miles)

This road will take you to West Buena Vista Dr near Coronado Springs.

Turn right if going to All-Stars or Animal Kingdom Lodge, turn left if going anywhere else, then follow the Disney signs to your destination.

Tolls on the main Turnpike will be $2.50 for a standard vehicle. ($5.00 if pulling a single axle trailer, $2.50 extra for each additional axle)

Tolls on 429S to Disney World will be just $1.00 as the Disney World Exit doesn't appear to charge a toll. ($1.50 if pulling a single axle trailer, $.50 extra for each additional axle.)

(I based the mileage on the exit numbers as they coincide with mile markers).

We are from ATL too, this is exactly how we went. We paid a total of $9.50 each way at the tolls ($7.50 at the first toll, $2 at the second toll, I believe - we have a 5th wheel). The toll booths are not always manned, so you should consider taking 3 rolls of quarters with you - that way you'll be prepared and have exact change.
Also - the route that randmcnally-dot-com took us once we were on Disney property had us driving our RV through the gate at MK. TIGHT SQUEEZE! Look at your directions - if they have you making a left hand turn into the Fort you'll be coming from that gate.
It's really an easy drive! It's boring, for the most part, but it's easy. Have a blast!

Shan-man
12-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Also - the route that randmcnally-dot-com took us once we were on Disney property had us driving our RV through the gate at MK. TIGHT SQUEEZE! Look at your directions - if they have you making a left hand turn into the Fort you'll be coming from that gate.

If you want to avoid the MK Gate, follow the above directions exiting 429 onto Western Way. When you come to the T-intersection with Buena Vista Drive go left. You will pass Caribbean Beach Resort on your right and should make your way to the left lane, then under and overpass (Epcot Center Dr) and turn left onto Bonnet Creek Parkway (roughly 2-1/2 miles). You will pass Port Orleans on your right and should prepare to turn left at the T-intersection onto Vista Blvd (roughly 1-1/2 miles). Fort Wilderness will be about 1 mile on your right.

This route is about 1-1/4 miles longer than the one the signs will take you on, but it is easier driving and there are no parking plaza gates to deal with. And you get to see the other resorts en route.

elizablake
01-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Thank you Shan-man and Stinkerbell!

This time next week we'll be there!