PDA

View Full Version : Please help with Feb. car rental!

reenie1
12-29-2008, 06:35 AM
We are going to Disney Feb. 17-24 2009. We have gone mid-April every year for the past 7 years, and have always rented a car for the week for $200 or significantly less. We switched our week to Feb. this time, and I can't find a compact car for less the $500+for the week! I was not expecting this and it's going to put a big hole in the budget if we get stuck with this rate.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why it's so high? We've been Easter week before and never dealt with something like this. I'm trying codes and coupons and working my way through bidding on Priceline. Last year I got Priceline for $8 a day - that's not happening this time!! Am I just too late??? Thanks for any help.

Honeymooners1021
12-29-2008, 08:46 AM
I am running into the same problem......

webworm
12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
We are going to Disney Feb. 17-24 2009. We have gone mid-April every year for the past 7 years, and have always rented a car for the week for $200 or significantly less. We switched our week to Feb. this time, and I can't find a compact car for less the $500+for the week! I was not expecting this and it's going to put a big hole in the budget if we get stuck with this rate.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why it's so high? We've been Easter week before and never dealt with something like this. I'm trying codes and coupons and working my way through bidding on Priceline. Last year I got Priceline for $8 a day - that's not happening this time!! Am I just too late??? Thanks for any help.

Use my corporate code 1660221168 and book with Thrifty and you can get a compact for a total of $279.26 and it also includes a free additional driver which normally runs $10.00/day. Don't worry about them asking for ID because they never do.

mkmommy
12-29-2008, 04:18 PM
If you are a Costco member check their web site. I was looking for a one way from Cape Canaveral to MCO in March and it was really high but this afternoon when I checked Costco.com the rate had gone down $20 with Budget so it was the same rate I paid in December.

daisy1234
12-30-2008, 03:02 PM
So far Budget is the cheapest unless you do the Thirfty Amercian express deal....It is a minivan for $199/wk only if you have teh card! I got a Taurus for 258/wk through Budget. I used codes on mousesavers. I hope to get a better deal closer to my feb trip!

Dokietoes
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Deleted by me.