PDA

View Full Version : Getting from Poly to DTD? Time on Mono?

Singinglizzie
12-28-2008, 09:53 PM
I tried searching for the answers to these questions, but couldn't find anything:confused3 . I'm thinking now maybe we dont need a car for the whole week, so am wondering, how would I get from the Poly to downtown disney using Disney transportation? Also how long does it take to get to Epcot from the Poly using the monorail in minutes? Thanks, and sorry to ask these mundane questions!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
12-28-2008, 10:21 PM
From the Polynesian - Downtown Disney I would say it's at least 45 minutes. For whatever reason the buses from the Magic Kingdom Monorail Resorts - Downtown Disney seem to be the worst which does not help for waiting times and it also stops to pick up guests at the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian in that order.

As for getting to Epcot I would factor in 5 - 10 minutes walking from depending on Longhouse you will be staying in and for the Monorail ride to be 20 - 25 minutes.

Singinglizzie
12-28-2008, 10:33 PM
From the Polynesian - Downtown Disney I would say it's at least 45 minutes. For whatever reason the buses from the Magic Kingdom Monorail Resorts - Downtown Disney seem to be the worst which does not help for waiting times and it also stops to pick up guests at the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian in that order.

As for getting to Epcot I would factor in 5 - 10 minutes walking from depending on Longhouse you will be staying in and for the Monorail ride to be 20 - 25 minutes.

Thanks for the response, but I'm a bit confused. Does a bus run directly from the Poly to DTD? If Yes, that would be great! Again, thanks.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
12-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the response, but I'm a bit confused. Does a bus run directly from the Poly to DTD? If Yes, that would be great! Again, thanks.Yes the Polynesian has a direct bus to Downtown Disney. However it 1st picks up guests at the Contemporary and after leaving the Polynesian it then picks up guests at the Grand Floridian, so once that's done it's off to Downtown Disney.

MICKEEP
12-29-2008, 07:55 AM
The CO & POLY share a bus to DTD. They do not share with GF on this run. The WL shares with GF on the DTD runs.

The only time POLY shars a bus with GF is when it goes to HS.

It will only take you 15 minutes to get to DTD if yo are lucky enough to get to get to the bus stop as a bus arrives. If you just miss a bus it will probably take you about 45 minutes as a worst case scenario.

dancin'girl
12-29-2008, 09:12 AM
We didn't miss a bus and it still took 45 minutes for us to get to DTD from the Poly. It was by far our longest bus ride.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
The CO & POLY share a bus to DTD. They do not share with GF on this run. The WL shares with GF on the DTD runs.

The only time POLY shars a bus with GF is when it goes to HS.

It will only take you 15 minutes to get to DTD if yo are lucky enough to get to get to the bus stop as a bus arrives. If you just miss a bus it will probably take you about 45 minutes as a worst case scenario.Earlier this month when my family and I were driving around Downtown Disney I saw the bus that said the Contemporary and Polynesian, which also said the Grand Floridian, so obviously the bus also went there.

MICKEEP
12-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Earlier this month when my family and I were driving around Downtown Disney I saw the bus that said the Contemporary and Polynesian, which also said the Grand Floridian, so obviously the bus also went there.

What you saw may not have been a DTD bus. DTD buses go to the CO & PO from Load Zone #3 and the WL & GF from Load Zone #4.

What you might have seen was a DTD driver who was working at HS and was returning to DTD for his break.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
12-29-2008, 09:17 PM
What you saw may not have been a DTD bus. DTD buses go to the CO & PO from Load Zone #3 and the WL & GF from Load Zone #4.

What you might have seen was a DTD driver who was working at HS and was returning to DTD for his break.This bus was coming from the Marketplace bus station with guests already inside so obviously it was going to the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian.