PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to update ME???

MommyBryn
12-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Okay, so first off, the reason I'm posting this instead of just calling without hesitation is because I've had a miserable time dealing directly with ME while planning this vacation. :sad2: (because our first night isn't booked through Disney so I had to call ME myself)

Anyway, we got our tags and vouchers. Not going to use our tags since we arrive after midnight and will have to collect our bags ourselves (which we prefer anyway). However, my first booklet is for my first night res., 1/6. Then it says we depart on the 7th. My 2nd booklet says we arrive on the 7th with no departure date. Do they NEED a departure date, or if you're leaving from a Disney resort do you really even have to worry about it since it's a complimentary service for resort guests?

Second, our flights have changed by 15-20 minutes (both ways). I'm not sure if the flight numbers have changed or just the times. Do I need to update ME with this?

I'm sort of confused because one of the million times I spoke with an ME person, they told me not to worry about any of the details because as long as you have a hotel reservation, that's all ME needs to know and they get you there. But I just don't want to get down there and be stuck at the airport trying to find transportation while the rest of our party heads straight to the World, and the same thing on the way back to the airport.

DebbieB
12-28-2008, 10:32 AM
You will need to give them a departure date so that they can schedule your return bus time. You can do it at guest services at your resort. They will send an envelope to your room the night before with your bus information.

I wouldn't worry about the 15 minute time change on your arriving flight as long as they have the correct flight #.

MommyBryn
12-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Okay, so I don't need to call then? And I DO have to update at the resort...they don't automatically just send the letter? (I know I set up an ME departure with Disney when I made my reservation through them, but there's just no info in my ME booklets).

DebbieB
12-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I would just verify at guest services at your resort that they have your return information.

MommyBryn
12-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Perfect, thank you! That makes it so much easier knowing I don't have to deal with calling them again!

JackieLand
12-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Okay, so I don't need to call then? And I DO have to update at the resort...they don't automatically just send the letter? (I know I set up an ME departure with Disney when I made my reservation through them, but there's just no info in my ME booklets).

Check the bottom of your itinerary (sp?) if you got a package booklet from Disney (only relates to packages though) your ME departure will be on there.

On the ME booklets, your flight departure date should be on the flight departure informaton page with the date, airline and flight number, if not, I would just let the resort know when you get there. Or talk to ME when you arrive at the airport and they may be able to get it worked out.

MommyBryn
12-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Check the bottom of your itinerary (sp?) if you got a package booklet from Disney (only relates to packages though) your ME departure will be on there.

On the ME booklets, your flight departure date should be on the flight departure informaton page with the date, airline and flight number, if not, I would just let the resort know when you get there. Or talk to ME when you arrive at the airport and they may be able to get it worked out.

Oh thank you! Our departure IS on our package itinerary booklet!

kaytieeldr
12-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Well, first, you do NOT (did I say that loudly enough?) have to leave off the tags and pick up your own luggage. Magical Express is a 24/7 operation, and that includes luggage transfer.

Pack whatever you will need for your first 24 hours at your destination in carry-on luggage, just as you would any time you fly anywhere.

Bring that luggage only and your DME booklet with the vouchers directly to the Welcome Center upon exiting the plane and arriving at the main terminal. Check in. AT THAT TIME you can arrange for your return transportation via Magical Express - yes, even though your room reservation is separate from your first night, and yes, even though your departure resort is different from your arrival resort.

MommyBryn
12-28-2008, 03:30 PM
ME actually said they don't do luggage delivery during the night (it will be delivered the next morning), so we're choosing to pick up our bags (it works best for us that way anyways- we don't have any issue with doing it ourselves).

And thankfully we're at POR the entire time, just on a different res. the firts night.

Thanks for the advice!

goofy4tink
12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Your tagged bags will get to your resort, but it may take much longer than usual, and some resorts don't have luggage assistence that is open 24 hrs. So, you are better off just leaving the yellow tags off and getting the bags yourself.
Now....you have a voucher with your current arrival date on it. When you arrive at MCO, head down to baggage claim, get your bags, then head down to level 1, ground transportation, Side B. Go to DME counter, they will ask about your return home details. You can make sure they have all the correct info in the system then.
The day before you are scheduled to leave WDW, for home, you will get a notice in your room, or under the door, telling you what time your bus pickup time is. Be aware...this is the time the bus departs, not the time you should show up. If you are, for instance, given a time of 1:10, be there, at the bus stop, ready to go, by 12:45...just to be on the safe side.
You do not need to alert DME if your arrival time into MCO changes. If it changes by a day, then fine, tell them. But a difference of hours isn't going to matter to them. If your departure, from MCO, changes, let them know asap. They need to get you scheduled for the appropriate bus in order to get you back to MCO with plenty of time.

seashoreCM
12-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Suggestion (copied from another forum)

Don't worry about the ME trip home until after you get there. Less chance of additional glitches happening.

In the event you have trouble arranging the homebound DME from the welcoming area upon arrival, due to switching resorts during your vacation, then make the homebound arrangements after checking in at your final resort.

You can modify the trip home as needed up until a day before checkout. You do need to have written confirmation the day before checkout. If this is not delivered to your room that morning before or is incorrect, then remodify as needed before going to the parks that day.

If you use yellow tags out of more than one ME booklet, then bring all booklets/stubs with you.

Remove all yellow tags before going home.

clkelley
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Quite honestly, I would rethink the grabbing your own bags!!!

When we fly, we often arrive very late at night (after midnite). All we want to do is get on the bus and get to bed, so we have a carryon that has our pajamas, the next day's clothing, and our 3 oz toiletries to get us through the night. Everything else is checked. We head straight for the bus, get to our resort ASAP, and only have to hang up the clothes for the next morning, then it's off to bed!!!

No waiting at the carousel, no tipping, no waiting on bell services at the resort, or no dragging our luggage to the room ourselves.

The next morning, we are up, dressed, and out the door at 6:30 am to make our traditional first day early breakfast at Boma. We then go to a park for awhile, then back to the room about 2:30 - 3:00 pmish where we find the rest of our bags waiting on us. We then unpack everything else, take a short nap, then off to whatever park has Late EMH.

Dealing with your checked luggage just takes time and will wear you out!! You should have that 24 hours of clothing and the 3oz toiletries with you no matter if you arrive at 10am or 1am, so why bother with the big checked bags if you don't have to???!!!!!!

MommyBryn
12-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks! We already weighed the pros and cons of getting our bags ourselves and it's definitely to our advantage. We don't have a problem with waiting and we're actually looking forward to having our stuff with us as soon as we arrive at the resort. I know it's SO much easier for most other people to just not have to worry about it, but it's harder for us to wait than to just pick up the bags. :)