PDA

View Full Version : SW credit question

KMLOVESWDW
12-27-2008, 08:39 PM
We have a credit to use by the end of January, but I'm not ready to book our May trip. What is the deal with getting an extension on the credit? Will it cost me anything & do I just call the regular Sw number or can I do it online? I know we are going to use it soon. Anyone with experience on this matter that can help me? Thanks!

KPtoys
12-27-2008, 09:54 PM
In the past, I assume it is still the same. They give you a one time courtsey extension of 6 months on your credit. Meaning if it is up in January your travel MUST be completed by June. Just call them and ask them to extend it.

KMLOVESWDW
12-28-2008, 08:08 AM
One time courtsey sounds fine to me! Thank you!

Vijoge
12-28-2008, 08:32 AM
In the past, I assume it is still the same. They give you a one time courtsey extension of 6 months on your credit. Meaning if it is up in January your travel MUST be completed by June. Just call them and ask them to extend it.

The last time I checked there was a $50 charge to extend the credit for 6 months. I am not aware of any recent changes to this policy.

Vijoge
12-28-2008, 08:36 AM
We have a credit to use by the end of January, but I'm not ready to book our May trip. What is the deal with getting an extension on the credit? Will it cost me anything & do I just call the regular Sw number or can I do it online? I know we are going to use it soon. Anyone with experience on this matter that can help me? Thanks!

If your credit expires in January you would need to travel on or before the expiration date anyway, so you wouldn't be able to use it for a May flight even if you were ready to book.

SW will extend your credit for 6 months for a fee of $50 per credit. Just call them.