PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Mode of Transportation from MCO to WDW Ticket & Transportation Center?

meway
12-27-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm going to visit my sister who's in the college program @ WDW. Magical Express isn't an option since I'm staying with her. I'm guessing a taxi would be my best option, but maybe someone here has a better idea. No need to rent a car, since one I connect with my sister, we'll be using hers. (And I have a horrible sense of direction, lol.)

What kind of ballpark figure am I looking at for cab fare?

Thanks for any help in figuring this out! :thumbsup2

kaytieeldr
12-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Mears Shuttle. A LOT slower and lest personalized than a taxi, but a LOT cheaper. $19 one way, $32 or $35 round trip.

CANNOT be reserved in advance for transportation to or from Walt Disney World. Proceed to the Mears counter at MCO and book your passage. You may actually end up on a nice Magical Express bus (which you cannot reserve yourself because you do not have a Disney resort reservation), or you may have to wait for enough passengers to fill a van and then may have to stop at several other hotels. But it's cheaper than a taxi, and it's a fixed price - unlike a taxi where the fare may well run upwards of $50, depending on traffic, route, traffic lights... plus tip, of course.

hematite153
12-27-2008, 11:59 PM
If you're really looking for CHEAPEST there's a way to take a city bus. I looked it up a long time ago and then ended up driving instead of flying. But, I think you can get from MCO to wdw for about $3.

kaytieeldr
12-28-2008, 01:52 AM
True - and it'll only take about two hours, and you will head north into Downtown Orlando and change buses at the Transportation Center, to the bus 'directly' to Disney. But hematite153 is correct - see qqq.golynx.com for exact price and route information.

goofy4tink
12-28-2008, 09:13 AM
I believe Lynx has put in a route from MCO to the TTC area.
I wouldn't take it simply because public transportation, in unfamilier surroundings, makes me nervous.
The Mears shuttle may be the best way to go. It is indeed about $19, one way, to Disney resorts. You probably won't end up on a DME bus simply because I was told, by a Mears employee in Sept, that Mears doesn't do that anymore. I would look into the Mears shuttle bus.

seashoreCM
12-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Do you really need to go to the TTC?

The Mears shuttle will drop you off at a resort. From there you need to take a resort bus to Magic Kingdom or Epcot (unless you chose Poly' or Contemp' or Grand Flo') and change to the monorail to get to TTC.