PDA

View Full Version : Method Of Payment for Extra Luggage on Airtran??

Bill From PA
12-27-2008, 08:26 AM
We're probably going to take at least one more than the allowed baggage on our Airtran flight next trip. I assume when I check-in online the day before I'll declare our number of bags, when and how do I pay for the extra? Cash at the Airtran counter?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

wdwnomad
12-27-2008, 04:48 PM
I guess it depends on when you bought your tickets whether it makes a difference when you pay it, online or at the counter. Here are the details from AirTran's website:

Second Checked Bag
For all reservations booked on or after August 14, 2008, the charge for a second checked bag is $25. For reservations booked before this date, see the table below for applicable fees.

Second Bag Fee, as determined by reservation booking date:
Booked on August 14, 2008, or later - $25
Booked April 22 August 13, 2008 - $10 online, $20 at airport
Booked on April 21, 2008, or earlier - Free

When I traveled with AirTran in September when checking in online I seem to remember a spot where it asks you how many bags you have. And I think you could have paid for the second bag fee there. Of course, paying for it there you would to use a CC. I am sure you can use cash if at the counter. I did it with US Airways a couple of weeks ago.

When coming back and if you are using RAC you will need a CC. They don't take cash. Otherwise, you will have to take all of your bags with you and checkin at the airport.