PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve - Magic Kingdom or Epcot?

crcjr1963
12-26-2008, 04:43 PM
We will be there for New year's Eve and wonder which park would be the best for us and 2 teenagers. Any recommendations? :cool1:

4mickey2
12-26-2008, 09:47 PM
i am thinking magic kingdom..

lucy_love
12-26-2008, 11:21 PM
I will be at MK with my bf and we are 22 :)

oops, sorry, I just saw you put Epcot not AK, I would still saw MK but a lot of people that I tell discourage it because of the crowds

clkelley
12-29-2008, 03:32 PM
If it were just adults, I would say Epcot, cause you can drink at Epcot, you can't drink at MK.

Although depending on the age of your teens, ask them which rides they like better. They may prefer Mission Space, Test Track, Soarin, or they may prefer Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz.

We arent' going to be down there at all, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

4mickey2
12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
hop and do them both.

BradyBz12
12-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Other past threads on the Theme Park board have said that Epcot is better on the super busy days like NYE, because it's bigger and can absorb more people better. That being said, someone also posted a picture of NYE from a recent year and people were literally shoulder to shoulder. :scared1:

One note on park hopping... from what I've read it's possible that either/both park could reach capacity and close that day, in which case you could get stuck trying to hop.

Again other posts on this topic recommend picking the park you want to be in for the day, get there early, and plan to stay there.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!! :banana:

OK GRUMPY
12-29-2008, 09:17 PM
I have reservations to go next New Years Eve! I can't wait. I think I'm going to enjoy the firewarks from the beach:thumbsup2 if I can getaway with it! I don't do crowds well!

LarryJ
12-30-2008, 03:39 AM
I have reservations to go next New Years Eve! I can't wait. I think I'm going to enjoy the firewarks from the beach:thumbsup2 if I can getaway with it! I don't do crowds well!

If this year is like it has been in the past on both the 30th and 31st the MK has the special dual fireworks from behind the castle with a mirror set from barges in Bay Lake and around the MK. We always take in the MK fireworks on the 30th and either watch the NYE MK fireworks from the Poly beach or go to either EPCOT or MGM. IIRC MGM has special fireworks on NYE whereas EPCOT is the same as any other night.

Larry

OK GRUMPY
12-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks Larry J this is good information to know! :thumbsup2