PDA

View Full Version : FOTL and/or Express Pass Question

GinaBean
12-25-2008, 08:53 PM
We are in Orlando right now nearing the end of our Universal/WDW vacation. We stayed at the RPR and went to Universal this past Friday and Saturday. I was surprised about our FOTL access. I thought that there were the regular lines, Express Pass lines, and then FOTL access. I was very surprised to find out that my ds and dh waited in line for 45 minutes to ride the Simpsons. I asked him if he used his room key for FOTL, and he told me that the employee told him to wait in the Express Pass line.

Did I completely misunderstand? I thought that bypassing the regular and express pass lines was the big draw of staying on property. Do hotel guests get to bypass other park visitor's with Express Passes?

By the way, we loved the RPR and Universal/IOA (my dh has already moved over to the dark side).

Metro West
12-25-2008, 08:58 PM
We are in Orlando right now nearing the end of our Universal/WDW vacation. We stayed at the RPR and went to Universal this past Friday and Saturday. I was surprised about our FOTL access. I thought that there were the regular lines, Express Pass lines, and then FOTL access. I was very surprised to find out that my ds and dh waited in line for 45 minutes to ride the Simpsons. I asked him if he used his room key for FOTL, and he told me that the employee told him to wait in the Express Pass line.

Did I completely misunderstand? I thought that bypassing the regular and express pass lines was the big draw of staying on property. Do hotel guests get to bypass other park visitor's with Express Passes?

By the way, we loved the RPR and Universal/IOA (my dh has already moved over to the dark side).Most attractions only have two lines...stand-by and Express. Some attractions have a third line for single riders. Onsite hotel guests have to wait in the Express line as there is no special resort guest line. The main difference between staying onsite and buying an Express Pass is that onsite guests have unlimited access where the purchase EP is only good for a single use per attraction.

GinaBean
12-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Most attractions only have two lines...stand-by and Express. Some attractions have a third line for single riders. Onsite hotel guests have to wait in the Express line as there is no special resort guest line. The main difference between staying onsite and buying an Express Pass is that onsite guests have unlimited access where the purchase EP is only good for a single use per attraction.

Thank you for the response. I guess I did misunderstand, and it was not really a major deal. The Simpsons was the only ride that they had to wait for any extended amount of time. The Express Pass is a great perk and most of the time, they walked right on (even for the more popular rides).

the Dark Marauder
12-25-2008, 09:54 PM
The only way to get TRUE FOTL is to book a VIP tour.

Or get lucky and find a very awesome TM who can walk you to the front of the line. :cool2:

Metro West
12-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Thank you for the response. I guess I did misunderstand, and it was not really a major deal. The Simpsons was the only ride that they had to wait for any extended amount of time. The Express Pass is a great perk and most of the time, they walked right on (even for the more popular rides).The delay could have been caused by the ride going down for a while and the line backing up...just a thought.

DeblovesPoohbear
12-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Yes, but if The Simpsons was 45 min WITH FOTL
Imagine what is was for the regular line? :scared1:

melafive
12-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Being to cheap to pay for the express pass last week we waited well over an hour for the Dr. Suess trolly ride (sorry I can't remember the name of it). I seriously hated the idea of the express pass. I am sure I would have had a different tune if I had one though. :lmao: We rented a house this time but next time we may have to look into staying on site. I guess I was under the assumption that it would not be as busy as Disney. Thats okay though, we thought it was much nicer than the MK.

Metro West
12-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Being to cheap to pay for the express pass last week we waited well over an hour for the Dr. Suess trolly ride (sorry I can't remember the name of it). I seriously hated the idea of the express pass. I am sure I would have had a different tune if I had one though. :lmao: We rented a house this time but next time we may have to look into staying on site. I guess I was under the assumption that it would not be as busy as Disney. Thats okay though, we thought it was much nicer than the MK.Yeah...the trolley ride usually has a long wait although I've seen no waits before but infrequently. It's a fun little ride...I wish it were longer.

atigeg
12-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Simpsons is either hit or miss, but because of the loading a 20 minute wait is the usual time.

the wait times for the rides ridden on the 26th, IOA was after 5pm, and USF was 8PM (Premier Pass)

Dragons 20 min
J Park 20 min
Spiderman 45
HulK 20
Dr Doom 40

Mummy 30 min
Twister 10 min
Simpsons 60 min
MIB was posted at 45 but was off line
Terminator was 10 minutes to the next showing

the crowds were dense, and most of the people bailed, got a fence spot for 360 at 9:40.

GinaBean
12-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Being to cheap to pay for the express pass last week we waited well over an hour for the Dr. Suess trolly ride (sorry I can't remember the name of it). I seriously hated the idea of the express pass. I am sure I would have had a different tune if I had one though. :lmao: We rented a house this time but next time we may have to look into staying on site. I guess I was under the assumption that it would not be as busy as Disney. Thats okay though, we thought it was much nicer than the MK.

Even with our Express Pass privileges, we waited in line for this ride. Granted, we didn't wait on hour, but we did not just walk on either.

tcolling
01-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I am visiting Orlando in April during Easter week and I only have one day to spend at USF/IOA. I am looking to purchase the 1 day 2 park ticket with the 2 park Express Plus. Does anyone have experience with Express Plus during the busiest times of the year? I am trying to keep realistic expectations for waht we will be able to accomplish during the day, and was wondering how much the Express Plus would really help. We are planning on seeing the headliner attractions at both parks, but won't be spending time for any of the shows.

Metro West
01-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I am visiting Orlando in April during Easter week and I only have one day to spend at USF/IOA. I am looking to purchase the 1 day 2 park ticket with the 2 park Express Plus. Does anyone have experience with Express Plus during the busiest times of the year? I am trying to keep realistic expectations for waht we will be able to accomplish during the day, and was wondering how much the Express Plus would really help. We are planning on seeing the headliner attractions at both parks, but won't be spending time for any of the shows.During busy times, it's definately a huge plus to have the EP's and since you are planning on purchasing the passes, you should be fine. The waits might be a little longer than the norm but nothing to worry about.