PDA

View Full Version : Officially planning my next trip!

ktcov
12-25-2008, 06:58 PM
I am so excited about our next trip. For Christmas I received 2009 edition Birnbaum's Guide to WDW and the book of Hidden Mickeys...so now I'm officially planning our next trip & there is so much to decide.

Whos Going:
Me, DH and DD (1) - Our 3rd trip in 3 years
My friend, her DH & 2 DS (ages 4 & 18 months) - 1st trip for all
My DSIL (to help watch the kiddos so adults can have some grown up fun too) - 2nd trip

We're going to celebrate DD's Birthday, which is Nov 2 but we are looking at going during the 1st 3 weeks of December so we can attend MVMCP. Which week do you think is best?

Another dilema...how long to go for. We were thinking 4 days & just concentrating on MK & AK for the kids (who will definately need afternoon breaks). But then I start thinking about Epcot, how much I love WS... and how can I not take the 1st timers to DHS. I dont want them to miss out! I just wish they would extend this 4/3 deal!

Which brings to the last dilema... Where to stay? I'm wanting Contemporary, mostly for the monorail access. Since we plan on going to MK 2-3 days it would be nice to be close...but then POP looks really cute & it is a whole LOT cheaper. I just cant image having to lug strollers onto buses. With 3 young children, 2 of them in diapers, I know we are going to have a lot of stuff to bring along.

Anyone out there take young children to WDW recently that can offer up any advice?

aceys_h0ney
01-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi there! Congrats on your trip planning.

We only traveled with one in a stroller and honestly it got to be pain at the end of the day when we were really tired getting back to Pop and folding and unfolding the stroller. Personally I would love to stay at a monorail resort and that sounds like a great option but I would say to do whatever works best for your family financially since there is such a huge difference in the two. The inconvenience was not so bad that I would not stay there again.

Metro West
01-06-2009, 07:36 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/7.gif

sparkyboy
01-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Welcome. No matter which resort you stay at, you'll have a wonderful time. Just do what is financially best for your needs and don't stress over the small things as the Pop is a great place to stay even if you need to use the bus and pack on the stroller. Our wee ones actually enjoyed the bus rides as much as being at MK. Happy planning.

tiggerfan1
01-09-2009, 11:34 AM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee140/ac007/mickeywelcome2.gif

We're going to celebrate DD's Birthday, which is Nov 2 but we are looking at going during the 1st 3 weeks of December so we can attend MVMCP. Which week do you think is best?

Another dilema...how long to go for. We were thinking 4 days & just concentrating on MK & AK for the kids (who will definately need afternoon breaks). But then I start thinking about Epcot, how much I love WS... and how can I not take the 1st timers to DHS. I dont want them to miss out! I just wish they would extend this 4/3 deal!

Which brings to the last dilema... Where to stay? I'm wanting Contemporary, mostly for the monorail access. Since we plan on going to MK 2-3 days it would be nice to be close...but then POP looks really cute & it is a whole LOT cheaper. I just cant image having to lug strollers onto buses. With 3 young children, 2 of them in diapers, I know we are going to have a lot of stuff to bring along.

I vote for the first week of December. :thumbsup2 Try to arrange it so that you're not there for Pop Warner, if you can. (I've heard stories......:eek:) I'm not sure what the dates are this year.

Since you're going with your kids, I think that going to the MK and AK would be fine. Or how about the MK and Epcot? I guess it all depends on your kids and what kinds of things they're interested in.

Will you guys be renting a car? I know it can be a pain to have to deal with parking sometimes, but having a car gives you a lot more freedom. That way, you can stay at any hotel you want and not have to worry about dealing with the busses. One of the other DISers said that they used their rental car every single day of their WDW trip..........and they stayed at the Grand Floridian!!

I hope this helps. Happy trip planning! :)

Jessma9902
01-10-2009, 05:02 PM
We went in December 2007- the first week of December. It was great! Weather was nice and even though Pop Werner was going on, we didn't notice hardly at all. My resort vote is for Pop Century. I love this resort for one main reason- the direct bus lines from hotel to the parks. There are NO stops to other resorts so it really cuts down on the wait times. It is a huge selling point for us!!