PDA

View Full Version : Cocoa Beach Restaurant Suggestions

thepeacekeeper
12-24-2008, 12:12 AM
We are staying at the Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach before our Western and I was looking for restaurant suggestions. I would especially like a good seafood place, if one exists! :thanks:

JanDave
12-24-2008, 03:54 AM
I suggest Grills.

See you on the Magic in 2 weeks, 3 days!

Jan

Renysmom
12-24-2008, 07:25 AM
We didnt find many great places to eat at Cocoa Beach... There is a pizza, pasta place right next door to the Radission that was very good and not very expensive. We would go there again

DVCconvert
12-24-2008, 07:31 AM
I've often enjoyed Durango's steakhouse, and also La Fiesta (formerly the Moon Hut).

HTH

Capt_BJ
12-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Radisson at the Port is technically Cape Canaveral, about 5 miles north of Cocoa Beach. At the port is Millikan Reef, Rusty's, Fishlips and Grills.

In Cocoa I'd recommend

Florida's Seafood, 480 W Cocoa Bch Cswy (highway 520) for fish

or if game for Bavarian - Heildberg

or if you want ocean view Coconuts on the outside deck

DisneyTripReports
12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
We always make it a point to eat at Florida's Seafood at 520 which is family friendly. They are known for their rockshrimp which are awesome. We were just there a month ago and they said that they haven't been able to get rockshrimp in a while now - that their boats were coming back empty. They recommended some Georgia Sweets instead and they were good but no substitute for the rockshrimp in my opinion.

If you have children they will love the large fish tanks. There is also a guy that wanders around the restaurant and will create balloon animals/objects which my daughter always greatly appreciates. He has never disappointed her yet and he usually throws in a magic trick, joke or a riddle as well. There is no charge for the balloon but we always give him a good tip.

We will be back in May and if they don't have rockshrimp then, we may go eat elsewhere. Rusty's has good food too but it's a very basic atmosphere in comparison.

Have a great cruise!

thepeacekeeper
12-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Capt_BJ
12-24-2008, 07:50 PM
If you want to kick it up a notch (aka you are not entertaining kids)

you may want to look at Mango Tree or Black Tulip (Google either for menu)

These are a bit nicer places and have been around for over 20 years... Florida's Sea' is a bit "family" while these two are suitable for special occasions...

thepeacekeeper
12-26-2008, 12:30 PM
We always make it a point to eat at Florida's Seafood at 520 which is family friendly. They are known for their rockshrimp which are awesome. We were just there a month ago and they said that they haven't been able to get rockshrimp in a while now - that their boats were coming back empty. They recommended some Georgia Sweets instead and they were good but no substitute for the rockshrimp in my opinion.

If you have children they will love the large fish tanks. There is also a guy that wanders around the restaurant and will create balloon animals/objects which my daughter always greatly appreciates. He has never disappointed her yet and he usually throws in a magic trick, joke or a riddle as well. There is no charge for the balloon but we always give him a good tip.

We will be back in May and if they don't have rockshrimp then, we may go eat elsewhere. Rusty's has good food too but it's a very basic atmosphere in comparison.

Have a great cruise!

I did a little research on the rock shrimp and now you got me thinking that is the way to go! I hadn't heard of them before and I'm very curious. I know the Georgia white shrimp would probably be a decent substitute, but..... It's pretty bad when I have to think so hard about where to eat BEFORE the cruise! ;)