PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve question...

MarkMichaels
12-22-2008, 12:14 PM
We will be in the parks over New Years and we are wondering if there will be any bands in City Walk that are just playing to the general public? We'll have our kids with us and don't really need or want to pay for the extra ticketed event.

We'll spend most of the night in one of the parks, but was wondering what will be going on for those with kids who don't want to spend the night in the bars.

Thanks
Mark

daywalker
12-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I can't imagine there will be.
As far as I can tell, much of CW will be fenced off for the ticketed event, there surely wouldn't be room for bands to perform in the remaining area?

That being said I DON'T KNOW for sure as this will be our first NYE trip. We don't fancy the CW event either (well certainly not at the current ticket price), we're staying at the HRH and it looks like we'll just be in the park (US) unless the velvet lounge @ HRH has something good going on.

MarkMichaels
12-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks daywalker. We'll be at the HRH too. We were there a few years ago between Christmas and New Years, but not on New Years Eve. Back then, they did have a band playing outside kind of by the Universal Store on CityWalk that was free for general entertainment.

I wasn't sure if the ticketed event just got you into all the different bars/restaurants to listen to their live music and I would hope drink for free at that price.

See ya in a week!
Mark

Metro West
12-22-2008, 04:16 PM
The Doobie Brothers are playing for the VIP event but I'm not sure where that's going to be located at CityWalk. Also...Hard Rock Live is doing Classic Albums Live featuring Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon"...just thought I'd throw that in there. ;)

daywalker
12-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks daywalker. We'll be at the HRH too. We were there a few years ago between Christmas and New Years, but not on New Years Eve. Back then, they did have a band playing outside kind of by the Universal Store on CityWalk that was free for general entertainment.

I wasn't sure if the ticketed event just got you into all the different bars/restaurants to listen to their live music and I would hope drink for free at that price.

See ya in a week!
Mark

Hmm interesting, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

That ticketed event excludes drinks except for maybe the champagne toast, it's poor value for money in our book. We can afford it but don't want to pay it as we feel it's just a rip off.

See ya then :)

minniejack
12-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I called a few weeks ago and was told that they will be handing out beads and noise makers in the parks--no charge was mentioned and there would be the 360 in the parks and fireworks.

I told her that I didn't think they were doing fireworks but she said that her info said they would.:confused3

also, studios is open until 1 am. Islands of Adventures only until 10 p.m.

We're staying at the PBH with teens, 13 & 15 and plan on eating an early dinner then spending the rest of the evening in the parks, at this point. A few of the Citiwalk restaurants that I talked to said they were'nt taking reservations due to the package deal, but you could be a walk-in and you probably wouldn't have very long to wait.

Happy New Year's

amystevekai&bump
10-10-2009, 10:57 AM
sory to resurrect such an old thread, but just wondered what you guys who stayed at the HRH with young children ended up doing for NYE last year??

We will have two small children with us next NYE at HRH and don't fancy braving the crowds in the parks, so wondered if the hotel does anything special??

Many thanks!!:thumbsup2

MarkMichaels
10-10-2009, 03:25 PM
I can't really remember anything special going on for the kids. The HRH had a dinner/dance thing you could have paid to attend or CityWalk had its bands going, but I don't really remember anything great for the kids.

Mark

Metro West
10-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I can't really remember anything special going on for the kids. The HRH had a dinner/dance thing you could have paid to attend or CityWalk had its bands going, but I don't really remember anything great for the kids.

Mark Yeah...it's still an "adult" holiday for the most part.

MarkMichaels
10-10-2009, 11:10 PM
We did still have fun, we stayed in the parks late and even though we didn't pay to do the CityWalk thing, we walked around and had a couple of drinks and watched the fireworks. I would do it again in a hearbeat, but a family type event would be nice.

Sharkmeister
10-11-2009, 02:36 AM
We were there for NYE last year (2008) with two children 6 and 7. We were staying over at Royal Pacific Resort. We spent much of the day at a park - forget which one now, but we then had bought tickets to the Kids NYE celebration over at the Hard Rock Hotel. This included a buffet dinner, desert, entertainment and party favours. The kids had a blast. They were showing the Harry Potter movies; there was a magician, Shrek and Scooby Doo dropped in too. There was also face painting and balloons. My kids really enjoyed having a sword fight with Scooby. They didn't seem to be that big on fireworks though.

A Mickeyfan
10-11-2009, 02:20 PM
NYE is an adult holiday... but that isn't to say going to US and watching the fireworks, complete with noise makers & hats are for adults only. Kids enjoy that too.. my kids are a much older and we have done it. My sister's youngest is 14 and she has been doing it for about 6 or 7 years now.... CityWalk isn't for kids, that would be a no-no to bring a kid there for NYE, but US....:thumbsup2 they would love it