View Full Version : What to do.........?
05-14-2002, 07:18 AM
Just received a letter from Virgin advising us that the Registry in Naples will be undergoing a refurbishment during our stay. This is planned to commence on 18th June to be finished December 2002. Work will only take place 9 - 5 with an entire floor out of bounds during that time and we are assured that the workmen will only use the staff access. A few bits and bobs are on offer to placate us $20 per room per night credit which may be used in the Hotel for food and drinks, free milk and cookies from 9pm - 11pm, plus a few others.
Is it gonna be ok do you reckon?
05-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Mrs Dazzle, i would change to something else just MHO
05-14-2002, 09:07 AM
I think I would ask to be moved too.
05-14-2002, 09:14 AM
How much time do you think you'll be spending in your room between 9 and 5?
We were staying in Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort whilst that was being 'refurbished' and had NO advance notification - had we known beforehand, I think we might have asked to switch. BUT, because we were out in the parks all day, it really didn't make any difference to our enjoyment of the resort at all.
However, if this is supposed to be a relaxing part of your holiday, you may want to be able to spend time in the resort without having the decorators in!
It's a tough call - hope you manage to decide what's right for you :)
05-15-2002, 04:20 AM
Mmmmm tough call - but I think I would request a change of Hotel.
$20 isnt a lot really - and when you think that you have to spend it in the Hotel, you personally aren't gaining anything for the inconvenience.
Naples has lots of super hotels to choose from, I would see if they can come up with a
JMO though :)
Let us know how you decide?
Sue F UK
05-15-2002, 08:24 AM
It might be worth enquiring with Virgin to see if they can guarantee you a room well away from the refurbishment works. How much good this will do is, of course dependant on the size of the Hotel.
IMHO a $20 credit is only good if it is either a reduction in price or a cash refund. Otherwise all your money is still going to the hotel in one way or another so they are not really giving you anything. (Just think how little the milk and cookies will set the Hotel back by - you are talking cents, not dollars)
I think I would ask for a move, it's too expensive a holiday to take the risk of spoiling it. Would Virgin charge you to move to another Hotel at this stage?
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.