PDA

View Full Version : Fort withdrawal....how long does it last?

Cindy F
12-20-2008, 12:25 PM
So....we got home Thursday night, it's Saturday morning and I am STILL sad and want to go back. When will this be wearing off dangit? :sad1:

As you can see by the ticker.....we're hooked. Hooked bad! You know, someone on this board should have warned us that Fort Wilderness is more addictive than crack, shame on you!! :mad:

I booked a month in December, 2 weeks in September, and a week in January....all before we pulled out of the campground! :woohoo: :rotfl:
Yes, as a matter of fact I do plan on booking more because I think January to September is WAY too long to wait between trips.

DD 13 said "but when we come back we don't have to go to the parks right? We can just do stuff at the Fort?"
Yes.......we have it bad.

Skyw
12-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Wow. I wish I could go that much. The withdrawals last until you get there the next time.

LONE-STAR
12-20-2008, 12:48 PM
It last until you go back. We have been back a week today and we our watching disney on the travel channel right now. We have 10 months before we go back.:guilty:

Cindy F
12-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Wow. I wish I could go that much. The withdrawals last until you get there the next time.

It last until you go back. We have been back a week today and we our watching disney on the travel channel right now. We have 10 months before we go back.:guilty:

WHAT!? Until the next time we are there?! Sigh.......we're screwed. Well, at least I have found one lone benefit of living in this CRAP state, we can get to the Fort in 8 hours and we get a neighboring state discount on our site.

I know we won't be using the whole month we booked in December, I'll cancel out the dates we can't use as soon as I'm able to upgrade from a tent site to a full hook up.

Do the tent sites have a place for gray water? or just water and electric?

ORLCampers
12-20-2008, 01:03 PM
The tent sites (1500,2000) do not have a sewer connection. Water and Electric only (for now until they add cable)

BradyBz12
12-20-2008, 01:48 PM
It last until you go back... We have 10 months before we go back.:guilty:

We were missing it before we even finished packing up Thursday! (waaah)

But then we realized that "hey, we'll be back next year... no wait, actually we'll be back in 10-1/2 months!" :banana:

That will have to do, living in NH, but we did take a few loops around with the video camera, and loads of pics so we can reminisce until next time.

Ooh... gotta go get my ticker setup for the next trip! :goodvibes

(btw... we're still on our way home, currently watching the snow mount up as we go through NJ and NY)

Cindy F
12-20-2008, 01:58 PM
The tent sites (1500,2000) do not have a sewer connection. Water and Electric only (for now until they add cable)

Dangit. We don't have a holding tank for grey water, black water (sewage) yes, grey water no. So if we can't get a full hook up that means no using the sink or shower in the pop up. We have a sink with 5 gallon holding in the van but no water heater.

One day while in Magic Kingdom we saw a 10 year old THROW DOWN a major fit because she didn't want to leave. I'm talking screaming, crying, holding onto the door jamb thing and yes, I thought horrible things about her...things involving a great big paddle BUT

I apologized to her in my mind after feeling the exact same way when it was time to leave The Fort. I did have to be retrieved from the comfort station but I successfully refrained from holding onto the doorjamb. :laughing:

des1954
12-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Cindy- Welcome to the "down side" of FtW.....the withdrawls!!:sad1:

If this economy recovers (yeah, right), I'm sure Disney will do away with the "good neighbor" discounts. That being said....you better move to Florida and be closer to the Fort!:thumbsup2

Born 2 Fish
12-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Withdrawals,,I am so sorry no one explained the Fort Wilderness blues to you before you went. There is no cure for the withdrawals, sorry , your stuck with them,,kinda like being in Fort limbo. :sad1:

I find, however, that if I do a little fishing each trip, it helps me to cope later, a little better with the withdrawals.
(I tried to tell you before you left to go fishing.)

Keep planing that next trip ! :thumbsup2
(and try fishing next trip,,it helps,,really!)

stacktester
12-20-2008, 03:19 PM
You can buy a portable holding tank and drain the camper as you need to in it. There's always a site you can pull it to and dump it.

My DD and I started going in 04 and go as often as we can.

mdoc
12-20-2008, 03:50 PM
I find that the withdrawal lasts until about 2 weeks before we go to the Fort again. At that point I'm so busy getting ready that I come out of withdrawal. I wish we lived in a neighboring state - if we were 8 hours away we'd be there 12 times a year instead of 2. With school and work, the 20 hour drive we have is somewhat of a deterrent.

If you don't have a sewer site, you can still use your sink and shower - just use a portable tank. Thetford, Barker and probably others make them in a variety of sizes. We often camp with an electric only hookup and use a large portable tank in addition to our holding tanks (which are never big enough!). You might also want to check out this site (Tim is another Dis member), which is a wealth of information. http://www.title-3.com/GrayWater.htm

Cindy F
12-20-2008, 05:12 PM
....That being said....you better move to Florida and be closer to the Fort!:thumbsup2

Ahhh....the thought of moving back to Florida brings a tear to my eye <sniffle> I miss it so much.

....I find, however, that if I do a little fishing each trip, it helps me to cope later, a little better with the withdrawals...

I think we're going to head down to the Redneck Riviera ~grin~ next weekend to try and chase away these blues.

You can buy a portable holding tank and drain the camper as you need to in it. There's always a site you can pull it to and dump it.
My DD and I started going in 04 and go as often as we can.

If that is the only way I can be at The Fort and use my shower, so be it! Sigh.......if we were in Jacksonville, we'd be going every other weekend ~grin~ How do you make yourself stay home?

.....You might also want to check out this site (Tim is another Dis member), which is a wealth of information. http://www.title-3.com/GrayWater.htm

That is a great site, thanks for the info!
I was thinking about maybe selling the pop up and going for a travel trailer. *GASP* never thought I would say that....the pop up and camper van is really the best of both worlds and I like the "open-ness" of the pop up but a travel trailer seems so much easier to set up.

clkelley
12-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Ahhh....the thought of moving back to Florida brings a tear to my eye <sniffle> I miss it so much.

I think we're going to head down to the Redneck Riviera ~grin~ next weekend to try and chase away these blues.

If that is the only way I can be at The Fort and use my shower, so be it! Sigh.......if we were in Jacksonville, we'd be going every other weekend ~grin~ How do you make yourself stay home?

That is a great site, thanks for the info!
I was thinking about maybe selling the pop up and going for a travel trailer. *GASP* never thought I would say that....the pop up and camper van is really the best of both worlds and I like the "open-ness" of the pop up but a travel trailer seems so much easier to set up.

I also use a portable grey water container. I only have sink water, so I just cart it over to the comfort station and dump it in one of the toilets, same with my portapotty

Cindy F
12-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I also use a portable grey water container. I only have sink water, so I just cart it over to the comfort station and dump it in one of the toilets, same with my portapotty

I knew I recognized that camper!!! We passed by your camper several times and the first time DD saw it she yelled "MAMA! Look at the baby Mickey Mouse camper, do they sell those here? Can we get one?" LOL

ilovejack02
12-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Its only been a cpl of months since we were at WDW, but a lil over a year has passed since we have been to F.W.
I am dying to get back, my withdrawals will last until I get back there next Christmas.

2goofycampers
12-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Fort withdrawals for me is everyday I'm not there, altho having a ressie helps some.

lisa8200
12-21-2008, 04:45 AM
if we were in Jacksonville, we'd be going every other weekend ~grin~ How do you make yourself stay home?

It doesn't appear Donnie is very good a making himself stay home. We are about an hour closer and it seems like he's always there ( unless of course we are :lmao: ).

LORNADUCK
12-21-2008, 06:00 AM
We try to go once a month, the months that our seasonal pass is good. But I have New Year's Eve rese. and next Oct. I tried booking Jan, Feb but the passholder and fl residents only came up with a tent site. When I finally got a full hookup it was $91 a night. I love the FT but we can't afford that for 2 nights, we talked about not booking Fri, since we get in so late, but Just Sat and u don't get 24 hrs. Don't know what to do We love it there but it is becomining unafordable for us.

OK GRUMPY
12-21-2008, 09:00 AM
FW Withdrawal! I have them bad! I usally get to go a couple times a year and my last reservation for October I had to cancel.. Know I have a reservation for New Years 2010. Which kinda helps but its so far away!
If you find something that works to cure FW withdrawals please let me know.:idea: Actualy I don't think I need to be cured completly!:rolleyes:

Tigger1966
12-22-2008, 02:23 PM
They are rite the only cure is to go back but then it comes back as your packing up to leave.
I have it bad now being out of work I don't think we are going to make it next summer.:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Cindy F
12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
It doesn't appear Donnie is very good a making himself stay home. We are about an hour closer and it seems like he's always there ( unless of course we are :lmao: ).

BAHAHAHA, if we ever get to move back to Florida--we'll be joining the "always there" club.

We try to go once a month, the months that our seasonal pass is good. But I have New Year's Eve rese. and next Oct. I tried booking Jan, Feb but the passholder and fl residents only came up with a tent site. When I finally got a full hookup it was $91 a night. I love the FT but we can't afford that for 2 nights, we talked about not booking Fri, since we get in so late, but Just Sat and u don't get 24 hrs. Don't know what to do We love it there but it is becomining unafordable for us.

What about staying some at the Fort and some at Turkey Lake? $91? We had the same problem with only getting tent sites but I eventually got the neighboring state rate for $47-full hook up. Make your reservation for the tent site then call a week or two before you're ready to go to upgrade. Then again, I felt comfortable doing that since we have a pop up and could have stayed at a tent site if need be. Keep trying! Our resident passes are up in March and we don't qualify for renewal this time :sad1: :sad1:

FW Withdrawal! I have them bad! I usally get to go a couple times a year and my last reservation for October I had to cancel.. Know I have a reservation for New Years 2010. Which kinda helps but its so far away!...

That seriously bites :sad1: the only uplifting thing I can say ....it will be here before you know it and then time will speed by! Not helpful huh? ~grin~

They are rite the only cure is to go back but then it comes back as your packing up to leave. I have it bad now being out of work I don't think we are going to make it next summer.:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Tigger, I hope something turns up and you are pleasantly surprised :hug:

Fort withdrawals for me is everyday I'm not there, altho having a ressie helps some.

Well it ain't helping me at all! :rotfl: Maybe I'll set up in the driveway and put on a Wishes video ;)

stacktester
12-24-2008, 04:49 AM

When the prices were affordable we did go a lot. This year we probably will go 4th of July for 2 weeks and Thanksgiving. Spring Break is kind of iffy because they're getting $80 a night then and I can't see that in March.

You can always be a bum like me and pitch a tent behind somebody's camper like I'm doing New Years. I'm not much into tent camping but if it's just for a couple days I'll do it.

Cindy F
12-24-2008, 08:37 AM
When the prices were affordable we did go a lot. This year we probably will go 4th of July for 2 weeks and Thanksgiving. Spring Break is kind of iffy because they're getting $80 a night then and I can't see that in March.

You can always be a bum like me and pitch a tent behind somebody's camper like I'm doing New Years. I'm not much into tent camping but if it's just for a couple days I'll do it.

Wow $80 a night? For a campsite? I was actually thinking about selling the popup and getting a travel trailer-now, I dunno. I love the open-ness of the p-up and it's nice to be able to use any of the sites at the Fort, including the tent sites. A travel trailer doesn't have anything I don't already have and for $30 less a site and an almost guarantee of always getting a spot---I think I'll stick with what I have!

AuburnJen92
12-24-2008, 05:57 PM

Donnie is not being a bum, don't let him fool you. He was offered to pitch the tent. He does many nice things for others, so don't let him give you the wrong impression....

Cindy F
12-24-2008, 08:07 PM
That's a pretty good idea! I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to pitch a tent behind our pop up......as long as they don't have 12 kids and 4 dogs! ~grin~

Even with the camper van and pop up in the site, there is still PLENTY of room.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Teresa Pitman
12-25-2008, 08:26 AM
We just got back on the 15th after 10 days in a cabin, and we are in serious withdrawal. MUST GO BACK TO THE FORT...

Teresa

AuburnJen92
12-25-2008, 10:35 AM
We just got back on the 15th after 10 days in a cabin, and we are in serious withdrawal. MUST GO BACK TO THE FORT...

Teresa

It doesn't go away, your little voice will be telling you to make a reservation and your wallet will be screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:lmao:

djblu883
12-26-2008, 11:08 AM
It doesn't go away ...just keep looking at everyone's posted pics to keep it at a tolerable level! Ressies help...and youtube does too!!!

Cindy F
12-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Okay.........I just printed out my reservations for Sept and December (looks like the Jan. trip may have to become the Feb trip--stupid call rotation ~grin~) and have been looking at them and planning while looking at Fort Pics and the Youtube vid of the really cool light show with the castle.

Today, I went after Christmas shopping and bought a big Santa Mickey Mouse and other assorted decorations for our campsite next year. This is a sickness! I am obviously in need of an intervention. DD was coloring pictures of the Fort today....she needs an intervention too. :sad2:

4daubers
12-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm post Fort glum. :sad1: We can't figure out how to work in a New Mexico skiing trip and WDW next Christmas...financially or time-wise. Thinking about a quick summer trip to the Fort. :thumbsup2

Seriously, we're thinking that a Christmas Fort trip will become a tradition.

dfchelbay
01-26-2009, 06:54 PM
The withdrawals and the longing I'm afraid never subsides unless you're on Ft. Wilderness property. The best prescription is to get yourself back there as soon as you can.

BigDaddyRog
01-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Wow $80 a night? For a campsite? I was actually thinking about selling the popup and getting a travel trailer-now, I dunno. I love the open-ness of the p-up and it's nice to be able to use any of the sites at the Fort, including the tent sites. A travel trailer doesn't have anything I don't already have and for $30 less a site and an almost guarantee of always getting a spot---I think I'll stick with what I have!

I completely agree with this thinking.....I dont have a camper at all... but it seems like a p-up would suit my needs perfectly...easy towing, easy site availability..most have sleeping for 6...many have compact bathrooms...it just makes sense for me. Although...I think I want one with a deck to haul the cart with.

Im afraid if I were to somehow be able to afford a larger camper, and it was too nice, my wife would never go outside....where as with the smaller popup...I might be able to get her butt outside a little easier.

Oh yeah....Fort withdrawls....um, no cure...you're screwed!;)

LONE-STAR
01-26-2009, 08:10 PM
I completely agree with this thinking.....I dont have a camper at all... but it seems like a p-up would suit my needs perfectly...easy towing, easy site availability..most have sleeping for 6...many have compact bathrooms...it just makes sense for me. Although...I think I want one with a deck to haul the cart with.

Im afraid if I were to somehow be able to afford a larger camper, and it was too nice, my wife would never go outside....where as with the smaller popup...I might be able to get her butt outside a little easier.

Oh yeah....Fort withdrawls....um, no cure...you're screwed!;)

Rog once you stay in that 5th wheel you won't like a pop up.

Cindy F
01-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Rog once you stay in that 5th wheel you won't like a pop up.

HEY! Are you saying my pop up isn't as good as a 5th wheel? Them's fighten words http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/electricangel57/784_smiley_boxer_punching.gif :rotfl:

You know...I could tell my pop up story all over again to show you how much I love it and I know how much you all would like that ~grin~

BigDaddyRog
01-27-2009, 08:49 AM
:lmao: Cindy...you seem to fit right on in here!!!

LuckyinGa
01-27-2009, 09:05 AM
HEY! Are you saying my pop up isn't as good as a 5th wheel? Them's fighten words http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/electricangel57/784_smiley_boxer_punching.gif :rotfl:

You know...I could tell my pop up story all over again to show you how much I love it and I know how much you all would like that ~grin~

Good Morning Cindy, I haven't heard your pop up story!!

Cindy F
01-27-2009, 09:26 AM
:lmao: Cindy...you seem to fit right on in here!!!

Muhahaha, I will take that as a compliment! http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o230/bedkin/Animated/smileys/bowing.gif

Good Morning Cindy, I haven't heard your pop up story!!

WOOO HOOOO!!! You heard that folks, a request for my pop up story ramble! Lucky, I think I may have heard a collective groan at your post. http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z222/BethyM1/smiley_signinsertevillaughhere.gif

Lucky, to preserve the eyes of everyone, I will just lead you to one of my pop up stories with this link-post number 6. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29324062#post29324062&highlight=)

LuckyinGa
01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I can now say I've heard the pop up story!!:cool1:

This is one of the great things about this forum, we get some great advice from seasoned campers, super stories and fantastic pictures.

Campers are a happy lot!! (Hey, is that tag worthy?) :rolleyes: I'm still in need of one!!

LONE-STAR
01-27-2009, 09:56 AM
I grew up going to FW in a pop up it was a lot of fun. One morning I could not find my pillow. It had fallen out between the bed and the canvas. Found it out side in the sand.:sad2:

BigDaddyRog
01-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Cindy....I LOVE how you guys have turned that pop-up into a little disney haven!!! Great job on the updates. I check craigslist everyday just about....hoping to find a deal like you got...congrats. And ya made such a good point about hurricane "get-aways"...you're a smart kid!!

Cindy F
01-27-2009, 10:29 AM
I can now say I've heard the pop up story!!:cool1:

This is one of the great things about this forum, we get some great advice from seasoned campers, super stories and fantastic pictures.

Campers are a happy lot!! (Hey, is that tag worthy?) :rolleyes: I'm still in need of one!!

It's a pretty good story...if you only have to hear it once BAHAHAHA

I grew up going to FW in a pop up it was a lot of fun. One morning I could not find my pillow. It had fallen out between the bed and the canvas. Found it out side in the sand.:sad2:

:rotfl: Sounds like yer bungees were shot!

Cindy....I LOVE how you guys have turned that pop-up into a little disney haven!!! Great job on the updates. I check craigslist everyday just about....hoping to find a deal like you got...congrats. And ya made such a good point about hurricane "get-aways"...you're a smart kid!!

Awww, thanks! Don't forget to place an ad in Craig's List too, that's how we got ours. I had been looking for weeks, I don't know what made me think to place a wanted ad but...it worked. I had 5 people contact me within 2 days!

We're planning on getting a hybrid by Christmas 2010 (we have friends coming over from England for several weeks and would like to have more space), I don't know how I'm going to sell it. I still have the conversion van... over a year after getting the camper van. :sad2: :sad2:

DisneyBishops
01-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh and by the way. the Fort withdrawals never subside until you go back to the fort.

LONE-STAR
01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Oh and by the way. the Fort withdrawals never subside until you go back to the fort.

But they start again when you leave.:sad:

BigDaddyRog
01-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I bought a conversion van off of ebay a couple of years ago...it was in immaculate condition...ran strong, it was a 95 chevy 1500, hitop, queen conversion sofa in rear, tv 2 stereo systems..everything I wanted for under $5000!!!!! Flew to Boston and drove it home....last year one of the brake lines rusted through, brought it in for repair....mechanic told me Im lucky we havent fallen through the floorboard...completely rusted through from that Boston snow/salt...being drom Louisiana...we've never even had to consider undercarriage rust.....still not unhappy with the purchase though. I traded it in and got $2000 for it, and we did take LOTS of trips in it before we lost it.

Shan-man
01-27-2009, 11:55 AM

I sure think it is! But I have no pull with the tag fairy, forsooth!

LuckyinGa
01-27-2009, 12:08 PM
I sure think it is! But I have no pull with the tag fairy, forsooth!

Hmmm but you do have pull with Santa and he is, after all, the Big Kahuna of all fairies!! ;)

BradyBz12
01-27-2009, 01:09 PM
We're planning on getting a hybrid by Christmas 2010

We love, love, LOVE our hybrid...
http://www.****************/_CLIENTS/WDW/photos/Campsite02.jpg

http://www.****************/_CLIENTS/WDW/photos/Camper02.jpg

Aside from 7 weeks total that we've spent in it at FW in the last 3 years, we've also used it a ton during the summer up here as well. In fact we've used it a whole lot more than we ever would have dreamed! We don't have kids, but find that the other tent end is the perfect "puppy wing" :thumbsup2

I'm sure you'll turn yours into a wonderful Disney escape and then we'll need an updated "hybrid story" :p

Cindy F
01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I bought a conversion van off of ebay a couple of years ago...it was in immaculate condition...ran strong, it was a 95 chevy 1500, hitop, queen conversion sofa in rear, tv 2 stereo systems..everything I wanted for under $5000!!!!! Flew to Boston and drove it home....last year one of the brake lines rusted through, brought it in for repair....mechanic told me Im lucky we havent fallen through the floorboard...completely rusted through from that Boston snow/salt...being drom Louisiana...we've never even had to consider undercarriage rust.....still not unhappy with the purchase though. I traded it in and got $2000 for it, and we did take LOTS of trips in it before we lost it.

OMG! I would have been PO'd but like you said, you ended up only being out $3000 and took a lot of trips in it. Of course, I was not allowed to go get either the camper OR the campervan by myself. My brothers went to get the camper van without me and had to go with me to get the pop up.....because I'm not an adult and they had to make sure the vehicles were perfect :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2I think my dad and brothers think I'm still 12. :rotfl: But they are perfect and I love them so I will forgive them.

Hey! Where are the pics? You can't talk about a cool van and not show any pics!

And with that........I will now "show and tell" the conversion van (http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z101/CindyRN2/Old%20Van/?action=view&current=578e3c6a.pbw) and camper van (http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z101/CindyRN2/Old%20Van/?action=view&current=43f3fd2a.pbw). When we first brought the camper van home, I was afraid it would hurt the conversion van's feelings. BAHAHAHA...no, I'm kinda not kidding LOL.

LONE-STAR
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I like that camper van. :thumbsup2

Shan-man
01-27-2009, 06:57 PM
My withdrawal pangs are getting stronger! I have 305 days before I MIGHT get to go to the Fort again! Ughhh!

Cindy F
01-27-2009, 07:03 PM
We love, love, LOVE our hybrid...
http://www.****************/_CLIENTS/WDW/photos/Campsite02.jpg

http://www.****************/_CLIENTS/WDW/photos/Camper02.jpg

Aside from 7 weeks total that we've spent in it at FW in the last 3 years, we've also used it a ton during the summer up here as well. In fact we've used it a whole lot more than we ever would have dreamed! We don't have kids, but find that the other tent end is the perfect "puppy wing" :thumbsup2

I'm sure you'll turn yours into a wonderful Disney escape and then we'll need an updated "hybrid story" :p

It looks like you were posting the same time I was, I didn't even see your post until now! I am soooo chomping at the bit to get a hybrid and I have seen so many "Perfect" ones. A hybrid seems perfect for us, the best of both worlds and I can't wait!

I just don't want to hurt the pop up's feelings :rolleyes2
Oh my Lord...I'm going to end up with 2 vans, 2 cars, a pop up AND a hybrid......with only 2 drivers in the house! :rolleyes:

I have been watching all the hybrid trailer tours on YouTube and salivating :rotfl: So here is my dream camper

1) 2 queen/king beds (although I have seen some with a 3rd pop out on the side too-- that is way cool)
2) bathroom with that little sit down tub thing
3) the slide out doo-dad on the side
4) a U dinette
5) Toy hauler on the front to haul around a golf cart

Love the pics, MORE MORE!!

I like that camper van. :thumbsup2

Thanks, we love it and the older couple we bought it from was just the sweetest couple you could ever want to meet!

Tigger1966
01-27-2009, 07:34 PM
After working on enough pop up campers at work and seeing the problems people have with them I would never own one. But I do understand thet pop up campers are diehard and some wouldn't have anything else.
We bought a camper van 3 years ago for my 16 year old daughter. It is a 1990 Dodge Xplorer 21' fully self contained with a full size bed, dinette a full bath room even a generator and roof air. Clean solid body runs and drives good $2000. Didn't realy have the extra money but couldn't pass it up. This is not ours but it is the same model.
http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/classifieds/logos/20202725.jpg

BigDaddyRog
01-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I say you should GET A HYBRID!!!!! And sell your pup to a good, caring person who will pet it, and hug it, and feed it twice a day...LIKE ME!!!!! ;)

Cindy F
01-27-2009, 07:59 PM
I say you should GET A HYBRID!!!!! And sell your pup to a good, caring person who will pet it, and hug it, and feed it twice a day...LIKE ME!!!!! ;)

BDR! Are you coveting thy neighbor's pop up? For shame! http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk129/palong_palo/smiley/shameonu.gif:rotfl: I would never covet someone else's hybrid...oops, I mean pop up. ~grin~ As a potential prospective buyer, I feel I must disclose that the original owner removed all of the shower curtain tracks/hardware so I had to improvise.

After much thinking
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/im-on-to-you/AddEmoticons04259.gif

and thinking...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/patisblog/felixsmiley.gif

I came up with a perfect solution
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr210/dmbailey69/idea-idea-animated-animation-smiley.gif

...a hula hoop hanging from ceiling hooks by nylon ties. Yes, I know it is not "factory" but DD likes that when you hit it... it lights up :rotfl:

After working on enough pop up campers at work and seeing the problems people have with them I would never own one. But I do understand thet pop up campers are diehard and some wouldn't have anything else.
We bought a camper van 3 years ago for my 16 year old daughter. It is a 1990 Dodge Xplorer 21' fully self contained with a full size bed, dinette a full bath room even a generator and roof air. Clean solid body runs and drives good $2000. Didn't realy have the extra money but couldn't pass it up. This is not ours but it is the same model.
http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/classifieds/logos/20202725.jpg

Cool camper Tigger! I bet your daughter was ECSTATIC! We have a cute little 1972 Shasta Class C (ut oh...I divulged another vehicle :blush: ) that we renovated and adore. We are definitely going to sell that one though-it needs a new transmission so we'll sell it to someone who wants to deal with the headache of having it fixed. Sigh, we are becoming a used car lot!

I'm surprised to hear that about popups, the only problem we had was when we broke the lifter cables by overlifting. Oops. Since it would cost $800 to have them replaced, we did it ourselves over the weekend for $60.

BigDaddyRog
01-27-2009, 08:03 PM
BDR! Are you coveting thy neighbor's pop up? For shame! http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk129/palong_palo/smiley/shameonu.gif:rotfl: I would never covet someone else's hybrid...oops, I mean pop up. ~grin~ As a potential prospective buyer, I feel I must disclose that the original owner removed all of the shower curtain tracks/hardware so I had to improvise.

After much thinking
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/im-on-to-you/AddEmoticons04259.gif

and thinking...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/patisblog/felixsmiley.gif

I came up with a perfect solution
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr210/dmbailey69/idea-idea-animated-animation-smiley.gif

...a hula hoop hanging from ceiling hooks by nylon ties. Yes, I know it is not "factory" but DD likes that when you hit it... it lights up :rotfl:

Cindy...you are like an evil genius of improvisation...both in your crafty "do-it-yourself"isms..and your posting!!! You're a trip!!:smokin:

Tigger1966
01-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Most of what we run into is top and floor rot and canvas leaks and also my personal fear of riding out a wind storm in one.
Also this is kinda mean but I do get a kick out of watching someone trying to set up a pop up in the dark while it is raining. I have turned on my headlights several times so at least they could see what they were doing.
I like my MH it may be old but if it is dark or raining as long as the site is close to level just plug me in and we are good to go. Only one person has to even get out in the rain.

Cindy F
01-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Cindy...you are like an evil genius of improvisation...both in your crafty "do-it-yourself"isms..and your posting!!! You're a trip!!:smokin:

LOL thanks BDR! Speaking of crafty "do-it-yourself"isms...

Here's our do it your self den renno

Before:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z101/CindyRN2/House/old-liv3.jpg

After:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z101/CindyRN2/House/LR1.jpg

Cindy F
01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Most of what we run into is top and floor rot and canvas leaks and also my personal fear of riding out a wind storm in one.
Also this is kinda mean but I do get a kick out of watching someone trying to set up a pop up in the dark while it is raining. I have turned on my headlights several times so at least they could see what they were doing.
I like my MH it may be old but if it is dark or raining as long as the site is close to level just plug me in and we are good to go. Only one person has to even get out in the rain.

That's what I love about having a camper van as a tow vehicle! If I don't want to sleep in the pop up or if the weather is bad-we just stay in the camper van. We originally had just planned for it to be a luggage hauler/screen room for the camper van but we fell in love with it. I'll say this for it-it was popped up when the huge hail storm came through and it came through without a problem! I was surprised.........since we had to have our entire roof replaced on the house AND it caused $1500 worth of damage to my car!

BradyBz12
01-28-2009, 09:56 AM
1) 2 queen/king beds (although I have seen some with a 3rd pop out on the side too-- that is way cool)
2) bathroom with that little sit down tub thing
3) the slide out doo-dad on the side
4) a U dinette
5) Toy hauler on the front to haul around a golf cart!

Great list! Ours only has #1-2, but the newer version has #1-4, plus the cooler, easier tent ends too. Still looking for one that combines all that with the toy hauler option too. :thumbsup2

...a hula hoop hanging from ceiling hooks by nylon ties. Yes, I know it is not "factory" but DD likes that when you hit it... it lights up

LOVE that! :rotfl2: