PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Speakers are Working at the Marina Again!!

clkelley
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Was at the marina a couple of times over the last two weeks to watch w
Wishes and Holiday Wishes and the speakers were working again!!! Also filmed the fireworks over by the cabin, but no music there.

des1954
12-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Ahhhhh.... tis a case of the Traveling Speakers!:tiptoe:

chilipyro
12-19-2008, 09:42 AM
I believe that the music is broadcast over FM radio to the locations where there are speakers. Maybe you can pick up the station on your own radio at the cabin.

auntie
12-20-2008, 10:14 PM
We heard the fireworks music from the marina when we visited back the end of Sept. as well. Very nice.:)

Shan-man
12-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I believe that the music is broadcast over FM radio to the locations where there are speakers. Maybe you can pick up the station on your own radio at the cabin.

I have heard that all wireless Disney audio is broadcast over encoded digital channels and cannot be heard without the right decoding equipment. There used to be channel lists available (http://www.oitc.com/Disney/WDW/WDW_Freqs.html) where you could listen in with a scanner to parade mics, operations chatter, or fireworks soundtracks. But all of this is a thing of the past, as I understand it. I have no firsthand information, has anybody tried their scanner at WDW in the past few years? I think I recall that the digital transition happened in 2004?

Also, I don't want to suggest that chilipyro is wrong, Disney could be simulcasting over FM for guest use. I'm just saying that as I understand it, audio for Disney's own use in no longer done over open frequencies.

chilipyro
12-21-2008, 01:48 PM
My memory of this is about 5 years old, from a conversation with a CM. I never verified, because I did not have an FM radio with me. It makes sense that they would go digital - much clearer, when the signal reaches its destination.