PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Vent...

Terry36
12-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I placed an order order for a WiiFit on the 16th and I have yet to receive notification of it being shipped....I am getting very worried that it wont't get here before the weekend. To top it off I paid extra for it to get here faster...:mad:

Is anyone else waiting on Amazon to ship them something?

Crystal0608
12-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Log into your account on amazon and it should show you est date of receiving each item, then a tracking # when it shipped. I've ordered A LOT off amazon this month and I've received everything in less than a week, inc Wii stuff.

burberryplaid
12-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I would give it another day or two. Do you need it for the weekend?

I will say I had a really hard time with Amazon this year. I ordered an iPod for DH the day after Thanksgiving and it never made it to the shipping process. I tried to update it to 2 day shipping and that pushed the delivery date back to January! I ended up cancelling my order because I was afraid it wouldn't make it to me by Christmas. When I contacted Amazon about it, I got someone in another country who had no idea what I was saying or why I was upset.

I hope you have better luck than I did!

mom2cinderella
12-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I joined Amazon Prime (2 day shipping) at the beginning of the year and since then haven't had any problems.

Is this being sent from amazon itself, or one of their sellers?

:) Michele

JuneCleaver
12-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Count me in on the less than thrilled with Amazon list. I ordered something last week...received notice that my card was charged and it was on the way. Tuesday I got an email saying...so sorry, it was out of stock and we didn't know it! Card will be refunded...sorry for inconvenience! ARRG!

Unfortunately, it was the ONLY thing my son had requested for Christmas and had been unavailable here for weeks. Amazon was my last shot! For some reason you can find Red Sox hats in every size but 7 1/2!

Needless to say, I am irked!

June

msmayor
12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Count me in on the less than thrilled with Amazon list. I ordered something last week...received notice that my card was charged and it was on the way. Tuesday I got an email saying...so sorry, it was out of stock and we didn't know it! Card will be refunded...sorry for inconvenience! ARRG!

Unfortunately, it was the ONLY thing my son had requested for Christmas and had been unavailable here for weeks. Amazon was my last shot! For some reason you can find Red Sox hats in every size but 7 1/2!

Needless to say, I am irked!

June

Lids.com has fitted Boston hats...I just looked, and they have a 7 1/2 in their Authentic Collection (dark blue with the red "B") for $32, $5 shipping, and per the web site its in stock.

princessmom29
12-18-2008, 10:16 AM
I have been ordering form Amazon for years without a problem. All of this year's christmas stuff I ordered got here is less than a week. Have you checked the status in your my Amazon?

JessR
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
i like ebay

secretpantssam
12-18-2008, 12:49 PM
That's odd because my amazon orders have been shipping really fast recently and I used the free shipping. I hope you get your order in time

Disney-Bride2010
12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Usually I have no problems with Amazon. I always use their Super Saver Shipping and everything I've bought comes in less than 5 days. However, two weeks ago I purchased the new Dance Dance Revolution game for the Wii during one of Amazon's Goldbox specials. I received a notice that it was shipped on Dec. 9 (also when my credit card was charged). I still haven't received it... The latest USPS tracking info on it is from Dec. 10 and says it's in Delaware. It was supposed to arrive on Monday, but nothing yet. I contacted Amazon about it and they told me to give it until Friday to arrive. If it didn't arrive by then they would ship me another one. (However, I'm going out of town for the holidays and won't be home to get it!!)

This has been my only problem with Amazon.

bumbershoot
12-18-2008, 03:02 PM

Since they only charge during the shipping process, sounds like they did think there were more of whatever it was, but found out that the bin was empty, or there was a problem with the items in the bin, etc.

It's such a bummer when that sort of thing happens!

If it didn't arrive by then they would ship me another one. (However, I'm going out of town for the holidays and won't be home to get it!!)

If it doesn't arrive, contact them by using that "click here to have amazon call me" option, and when you talk with them, see if they can send it to the address where you will be. I don't know if they can still do that, but they could when I worked there!

And yes, they have some CS outsourced in India. Insanely smart people working there, but sometimes the idiomatic English skills fall short.

And for the record, when I worked there, I was an outsourcee, helping amazon.co.uk out when they were asleep, rather than paying the UK folks (in Belfast) overtime!

Therefore, I do not have issues with outsourcing at all (it was cheaper for the company's bottom line to pay me instead of the Belfast reps and that's a good thing!), but you just hope that everyone works hard to get the language right. I learned so much about British-English while doing that work!

pooh98378
12-18-2008, 03:16 PM
I have also had problems with Amazon this year -- usually, everything would ship quickly and be here within one week. While my other packages have arrived, I am still waiting on one that I ordered the day after Thanksgiving!! It says it shipped, but it hasn't moved in ten days. I contacted amazon yesterday through email and received a reply back to wait until Friday and they would send another one (like the PP also). I don't know if it's amazon's fault or USPS's fault or what but it's very annoying to me --- 3 people's gifts were in that shipment. The person that emailed me was also from India, but it was easy to communicate bc it was all through email and it looked like it was a form letter.

sorul82?
12-18-2008, 03:48 PM
I just received a package today, that seemed to take a week long US tour. :rotfl2:

December 18, 2008 12:48:00 PM RALEIGH NC US Delivered
December 18, 2008 06:20:00 AM RALEIGH NC US Arrival Scan
December 18, 2008 12:55:00 AM RALEIGH NC US Arrival Scan
December 17, 2008 11:24:00 PM GREENSBORO NC US Departure Scan
December 17, 2008 07:56:00 PM GREENSBORO NC US Arrival Scan
December 17, 2008 04:30:00 AM JACKSON MS US Departure Scan
December 17, 2008 02:05:00 AM JACKSON MS US Arrival Scan
December 16, 2008 05:43:00 PM MESQUITE TX US Departure Scan
December 16, 2008 02:17:00 PM MESQUITE TX US Arrival Scan
December 15, 2008 07:46:00 PM EL PASO TX US Departure Scan
December 15, 2008 05:17:00 PM EL PASO TX US Arrival Scan
December 15, 2008 08:07:00 AM PHOENIX AZ US Departure Scan
December 12, 2008 10:04:00 PM PHOENIX AZ US Arrival Scan
December 12, 2008 09:41:00 PM TEMPE AZ US Departure Scan
December 12, 2008 06:09:00 PM TEMPE AZ US Shipment received by carrier
December 12, 2008 04:58:21 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in trans

janni518
12-18-2008, 04:05 PM
You may already be doing this but...

Pay attention to the expected ship dates when you purchase. I usually assume stuff will ship right away but I notice this holiday season that on the checkout page sometimes the expected ship date was the following week.

zoemurr
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I wasn't too worried about ordering 'cause it kept saying at the top "5 more days to order with free shipping.." but when I put all free ship items in my cart I got a warning, "your items will not arrive until after Christmas. If this is a problem you need to pick a different shipping method." :confused3

So, I didn't order and I can't find the item I wanted locally.

LuckyMamaInDE
12-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I placed an order 3 days ago and received the auto-confirmation email with an order number, but when I log into my amazon account, the order isn't there! No listing of items, no click here to make a change, nothing at all! So I spent this morning driving around town, attempting to replace the items in the order (about 75% successful, thankfully). I will call later today to cancel--sure hope I don't run into language issues, trying to explain why I need to cancel an order that apparently went POOF sometime on Tuesday.

robin09
12-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I guess I'm a lucky one! :goodvibes I've done most of my holiday shopping from Amazon. Living in my one horse town, this saves me. Not only would I not be able to find everything, but the big towns are about 1 1/2 hours away. Most things have arrived before a week is out... even when they say they won't ship until the 23rd of December. I luckily have never had a problem (knock on wood) and have always used free shipping! :goodvibes

jrmasm
12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
I think I've placed 8 orders since Thanksgiving. Amazon messed up one. The USPS however has not been nice to me. I've had orders scan twice in the same city 3 days apart. :headache: And now I'm waiting for my last two boxes. One scanned with my town as the origination point, 2 days ago. Still no package. And the other scanned with an origination point as 'US', 2 days ago. Still no package. Thanks USPS, that's really helpful. :rolleyes:

readingteacher
12-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I ordered some golf clubs and amazon said they may not get there before 12-24 unless you pay more shipping-$50 more! no way so I went with the standard. I cut and pasted the tracking number and went to UPS site and it said there was no delay and was on time to be delivered 12-18 and Amazon estimated date was 12-22 thru 26. I got the clubs yesterday on the 18th. Glad I didn't let them sucker me into more shipping.
Check out UPS tracking. More accurate.

sbell111
12-19-2008, 03:25 PM
I ordered some golf clubs and amazon said they may not get there before 12-24 unless you pay more shipping-$50 more! no way so I went with the standard. I cut and pasted the tracking number and went to UPS site and it said there was no delay and was on time to be delivered 12-18 and Amazon estimated date was 12-22 thru 26. I got the clubs yesterday on the 18th. Glad I didn't let them sucker me into more shipping.
Check out UPS tracking. More accurate.When retailers estimate their shipping times, they typically use a padded estimate of when the item will go out the door and the shipper's 'slow estimate'. This is an obvious attempt to cut down on people complaining if their priority mail shipment didn't make it to their house in two days.

scheddj
12-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm starting to sweat my order. It said it would ship on the 18th and be here by the 24th. I was a little worried. Then I received the notification that it shipped the 14th and would arrive on the 22nd. I was relieved - but the tracking shows that it hasn't moved since Sunday. Now I'm worried again. Thank goodness this isn't the one thing that the kids wanted!

sorul82?
12-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I placed an order yesterday that arrived today, yet here is the progress of an order placed last week:

December 19, 2008 12:36:00 PM GREENSBORO NC US Arrival Scan
December 18, 2008 02:42:00 PM MESQUITE TX US Departure Scan
December 18, 2008 10:53:00 AM MESQUITE TX US Arrival Scan
December 17, 2008 06:25:00 PM EL PASO TX US Departure Scan
December 17, 2008 06:06:00 PM EL PASO TX US Arrival Scan
December 17, 2008 10:17:00 AM PHOENIX AZ US Departure Scan
December 16, 2008 11:23:00 PM PHOENIX AZ US Arrival Scan
December 16, 2008 11:10:00 PM TEMPE AZ US Departure Scan
December 16, 2008 09:48:00 PM TEMPE AZ US Shipment received by carrier
December 16, 2008 04:41:25 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Why do some many people need to handle my package? :confused3

momejay
12-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I have ordered from Amazon several times. This year all but one of my orders came right away. The estimated date for delivery was the 16th, well, it is only the 19th...I sent an email their response was well we sent it on the 9th, but the email confirmation says it was shipped on the 5th. It makes no sense. I will never order from them again.

pooh98378
12-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Update on my package -- still haven't received it. I emailed Amazon again today informing them that I still haven't received the order. They told me previously they would send a replacement package so we'll see....

Terry36
12-19-2008, 06:04 PM
This is the last time I will order something from AMAZON. I should have recieved my package by now but it is still in transit from MN!

dancin'girl
12-19-2008, 07:37 PM
I placed my order on Dec 2nd!!! All items were supposedly in stock. I just received an e-mail today saying the items were finally shipped and will arrive on Dec. 23rd.
21 days to receive items that are in stock??:confused3 What's up with that?

The Disney Bunch
12-19-2008, 07:43 PM
I have been getting my orders faster than the expected delivery date which is great. There was one order I placed at Thanksgiving time & was suppose to be delivered on 12/3 & it never made it. I called & they re-shipped the item & I got it within 3 days. The original package still has not showed up. I think it is because that package was shipped USPS. Every other package was shipped UPS. I had the same thing happen last year - the one package that was shipped USPS got lost while anything that was shipped UPS was delivered fine. It is a crazy time of year & to be honest - once it is shipped, it is really not Amazon's fault - it is whoever is delivering your pacakge - I would take it up with them, not blame Amazon. It is like Aunt Trudy blaming you for not receiving a Christmas card that the Post Office lost - you mailed it so she blames you but you were not doing the delivering. KWIM? Good luck! I hope it comes through for you!

pooh98378
12-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I have been getting my orders faster than the expected delivery date which is great. There was one order I placed at Thanksgiving time & was suppose to be delivered on 12/3 & it never made it. I called & they re-shipped the item & I got it within 3 days. The original package still has not showed up. I think it is because that package was shipped USPS. Every other package was shipped UPS. I had the same thing happen last year - the one package that was shipped USPS got lost while anything that was shipped UPS was delivered fine. It is a crazy time of year & to be honest - once it is shipped, it is really not Amazon's fault - it is whoever is delivering your pacakge - I would take it up with them, not blame Amazon. It is like Aunt Trudy blaming you for not receiving a Christmas card that the Post Office lost - you mailed it so she blames you but you were not doing the delivering. KWIM? Good luck! I hope it comes through for you!

I actually thought about this when I was deciding on who to contact - usps or Amazon. I figured I would go ahead and contact Amazon because, while it is not their fault, I'm assuming that they have insurance so it can be handled on their end better than I could handle it w/ usps. I have noticed the same thing as well though - the packages shipped ups seem to have no problem while the usps ones are taking forever or, in my case, apparently getting lost.

Incidentally, I ordered my lost package the day after Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if there is some reason for that -- lots of packages being shipped on Black Friday or something...

jrmasm
12-19-2008, 08:59 PM

You are correct however Amazon has a contract with USPS to deliver some of their orders. IMO, USPS is doing a terrible job this year. I might complain to Amazon because maybe if they get enough complaints they'll pick a better shipper.

pooh98378
12-19-2008, 09:03 PM
You are correct however Amazon has a contract with USPS to deliver some of their orders. IMO, USPS is doing a terrible job this year. I might complain to Amazon because maybe if they get enough complaints they'll pick a better shipper.

Yes - usps has been doing a horrible job. I live in Texas. One of my packages originated in TX, then was sent to Ohio, then was sent back to me in TX!!! :rotfl: And they wonder why the post office keeps on having to raise postage prices or why people are using ups/fedex instead...:confused3

momto2inKC
12-19-2008, 09:09 PM
I have placed 6 orders with Amazon just in the last week and today the final order arrived (5 days early!). I have been quite impressed with them this year! I ordered a R2D2 robot just Wednesday and it was just delivered today too, and I did not pay for fast shipping either :thumbsup2

cathylobo
12-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I have ordered so many things from them ,never had any problems so far.I think u will get ur package before weekend.U can call them and check with them,their customer service is very good they can tell where is ur package and when u will be receiving it.Good luck though.

pooh98378
12-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, I just received the response back from amazon... they placed a new order for me bc the order I placed on Nov 28 is lost. The first rep told me to email them back today and they will send a new one if it has not yet arrived - she said that it would be sent via expedited shipping so I would get it before Christmas. So I send the second email today and guess what - they placed a new order for me, but it won't arrive until after Christmas. I WAS LIVID!! So, I fired off another email to them saying that it didn't solve my problem and that was unacceptable because the first customer service rep said it would be sent in time for Christmas ... I have four items in that package (all gifts, for 3 different people) - they can at least get some of them to me before Christmas.

scheddj
12-20-2008, 05:22 AM
My story ends well. It arrived yesterday. (I'm not the OP)

tink2dw
12-20-2008, 09:40 AM
All the Amazon, Wii stuff came right away and it was in 3 different packages!

oh, Do not check that 5 day thing. I unclicked that and clicked "By Christmas"
and they all came with in a week.

OverStock sent the 1 item, toot sweet, with, "free shipping code"!

You know who still hasn't arrived? Swiss Colney! Who I thought would be the fastest??

TroyE
12-20-2008, 09:59 AM
I used to be an Amazon Seller, the holidays are crazy, it made up 80% of my yearly sales. But I was always able to get the packages out, it was to my benefit for 2 reasons.

1. The more I sold and got to the customer quickly, the more money I made.
2. Amazon is ruthless with its feedback system.

Thankfully you got your stuff in time.

pooh98378
12-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Update - after my complaint, they supposedly cancelled my old order, and then placed a new order w/ 2 day shipping. Well... I went to the website and guess what - 3 orders have now shipped - all of the same thing! The order that they told me they cancelled was shipped. Then, apparently, they placed TWO orders of the same thing this morning - both of which shipped. So, now I guess I'll be sending back two orders. This has been a disaster. :sad2:

duckybelle
12-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I got all of mine on time, from a Wii to Guitar Hero Aerosmith and guitars. The only MAJOR complaint I have is when the Wii came my dh happened to look out of our huge bay windows in the living room, and said "The UPS guy must have just turned around in our drivway". I went out an hour later to check the mail AND the UPS guy apparently just left the Wii on our porch!! We were home, and right there in the living room, where he could see us. We were reading so we didnt notice him pull in, but he never knocked! What happens if we arent home? What if someone stole our packages? Kind of upset me if you KWIM.

timzagain
12-21-2008, 01:51 AM
I haven't ordered during the Christmas rush - my last gift order (iPod Nano) was done in early November, just to avoid any issues. Thanks to Amazon Prime, I got my free 2 day shipping, no issues!

The only Amazon issues I've experienced, have all happened when I ordered from other sellers. I've been burnt with that a few times - items arriving well after the expected date, or worse yet, not arriving at all. So when I shop with Amazon now, I make sure that it's something that's shipping from Amazon directly or I don't order it, period!

At this time of the year, you have to pay very close attention to ship dates and expected delivery dates, or you might find yourself ordering items that aren't available 'til after Christmas or well into the New Year.