PDA

View Full Version : Just booked my trip!

megthewonderful
12-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Just booked my trip for April! Now I need to start collecting some great budget ideas to save on food and souvenirs while there! We usually make a lot of table service ressies and this time, we need some ideas as to what we can bring with us to eat in the room and some great counter service ideas! I know people on the Budget Board will have some great ideas!

Jsme
12-18-2008, 07:14 AM
For breakfast in the room you can take poptarts, cereal, cereal bars, oatmeal, cream of week, hot chocolate, peanut butter, bread and crackers. There's a lot more but can't think right now.

We always take the drink mixers to mix with water while in the park. All you have to do is take a empty water bottle and fill it for free in the fountains.

I order the kids meals at most of the counter services for myself. It is plenty of food for me. Some places really give a lot and even my Dh has been known in this case to eat at those place by ordering a Kid's Meal.

If you are not going to have a fridge take a cooler and keep it full of ice. This way you can have drinks and various cold items.

aka-mad4themouse
12-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Gardengrocer.com is great for doing your grocery shopping for you and delivering it to your resort. It certainly beats packing the PB&J in your suitcase! Will you have a refrigerator? If so, you can get juice, milk, butter, lunchmeats, cheese, fruits etc. Buy bagels, bread, instant oatmeal, cereal cups, instant soup, bottled water, soda and coffee/tea. Do quick breakfasts or late snacks in your room.

In the parks, you can find some really good counterservice meals that are big enough to share. I like the shawarma platter at the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco (EPCOT), the half-chicken platter at Flame Tree BBQ (AK), chicken curry at ABC Commissary (DHS) and the half chicken & ribs combo platter at Cosmic Ray's (MK). You can even order a kid's meal if you have a light appetite. Anything that is part of a platter can also be ordered as a side item, so there's no need to order two platters if you just want another half-chicken.