PDA

View Full Version : Limited Too Bucks... why bother?

descovy
12-17-2008, 08:50 PM
:confused3

I have 2 sets of Limited Too bucks, $25 off $50 until 12/24 and a smaller one due later.

So I went in today to get things for Christmas. My kids love Limited Too but no way I would pay retail for that stuff... especially since my p/t job at Target alerts me for some pretty sweet clearance deals!

The *whole store* is 50% off, okay pretty reasonable... but of course 50% off *or* use Limited Too bucks. Not combine both.

So what's the point? Why did they offer the Too bucks, like last month, and continue to offer them today? At most I could save $25 of a $50 (or more!) purchase... or just get anything as much or as little for a flat 50% off.

Btw... They even sent me a catalog with a coupon for 30% off. Yeah, so I can "choose" to use a coupon for 30% off, or go in w/o a coupn and get 50%

Again, I say, why do they even bother? (sigh)

kaytieeldr
12-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Maybe they want to expand their customer base to includes shoppers who do/did not get, or are/were not eligible for Too Bucks.

Maybe they know that Too Bucks such as the one you have gets customers (who already shop there so like the product) to spend more.

Maybe the 50% off sale wasn't planned; or maybe it's for a limited time while the Too Bucks are good for what, a month or so?

Maybe it's just marketing.

Aristomommy
12-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I wrote their customer services to complain about this. I hope you do the same.

When I went to Lim2 in October, I purchased more items, because the sales person said I needed $x to get to the next bonus bucks category. When I went to redeem them, I was told the BOGO or 50% off sale is much better. She even told me to throw the bucks away. I had gift cards to use, but I felt taken by their sales strategy. I also have after Christmas bucks, but I don't think I'll use them. I don't want to give them my business, if this is their way of doing it.

luvdzne
12-17-2008, 09:20 PM
It's because they were losing money big time. I agree it ticked me off too, but I can see why they stopped taking both. Poor planing on their part.:rolleyes:

mom2cinderella
12-17-2008, 09:28 PM
I thought the Limited too stores were closing? :confused3

You'd think they would just want to get rid of inventory and really mark stuff down.

:) Michele

santa's surpriz
12-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I was in Justice 4 Girls and the sales person told me they are doing a lot of new things in 2009. They are combining their two store chains (justice and limited too) into one keeping the Justice name. The girl seemed really excited. They are keeping some of the Limited Too branded items and will be able to offer a more extended range of sizes. All coupons for Limited Too would still be honored.

melanie18
12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Justice & Limited Too are merging at the end of January according to our local stores. Limited Too will be no more..

Nie0214
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
It's just like stores that offer "B1G1 for $1.00" sales and people think they are amazing and then the next week each is 50% off the retail sticker. It's just marketing trying to fool people into shopping.

allison443
12-17-2008, 10:48 PM
I guess I don't understand the complaint in the OP...with the too bucks you would get 50% off ONE purchase of $50, but with the current sale you can get 50% off any purchase, whether it's less or more than $50. :confused3 So isn't the current sale better for you or at least the same as if you used your too bucks?

luvdzne
12-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I guess I don't understand the complaint in the OP...with the too bucks you would get 50% off ONE purchase of $50, but with the current sale you can get 50% off any purchase, whether it's less or more than $50. :confused3 So isn't the current sale better for you or at least the same as if you used your too bucks?

When limited too and Justice first started this sale they allowed you to use the coupon on top of the Buy1get1 sale. So say you bought 2 things for $50 you got one free plus another 30% off on that, making your $100 worth of merchandise $35 (I think I did the math right:rolleyes1 ). The OPs complaint is that she spent extra to get these 2 bucks that are suppose to be used now and wants to use them on top of her 50% off making her $100 worth of merchandise $25 (again if I did the math correct ;) ). The reason they stopped taking the too bucks and coupons during this promo is because they were in a sense giving things away. On the coupons and Too bucks it does state that they cannot be used with any other promos.

I hope all that made sense, it's getting late.:headache:

Banana magic
12-17-2008, 11:18 PM
I was also told if I spent $x.xx more I would get another Too Bucks, so we bought a couple things of candy (which we didn't need). I did spend 2 of my 4 bucks online because it was not B1G1 or 50% off at the time. The next time I went online I used the coupon for 30% which was actually 50%. I don't usually buy clothes here, but they had a couple things I liked, some that were on sale, and with the discounts I thought why not. When I originally got these bucks my DD10 was using a gift card and buying Webkinz B1G1. I was able to go in to the store once and use a coupon for 30% and the B1G1, but I haven't been back in one of their stores since. I think they should make a policy and stick with it. Personally I think you should be able to use the too bucks with the 50% sale, at least if your purchase after 50% is still over $50. But I don't think they should make you feel like you should spend more money to get more bucks, esp if you can't use them.

rentayenta
12-17-2008, 11:23 PM
When I went shopping in L2 during the earn-Too-Bucks-promo, I earned 4 Too Bucks. Later that day I returned a few things (found WAY less expensive pegged pants at The Children's Place) anyway when I returned the items I asked the sales associate if she's like one of the Too Bucks back and she said no. At the time I thought how sweet she was but now I ma guessing she knew that the store was going 50% off. :laughing:

MoniqueU
12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
I can't even find anything to buy in store or online. My DD wears a 12 slim and the outfit I wanted to get her for christmas is not online and not in her size in the stores. It seems mine is basically just trying to move inventory as fast as it can. I am a pretty loyal customer but they just don't have much selection. If you want half sizes there are tons of those but the slims not so much. We are limited as to where we can shop due to her size and I hate sears and pennys clothes so don't even bother going in there ever. I sure hope they switch my ltd2 credit card to the justice one and I also hope that the clothes at justice aren't crap. I am pretty particular on the things I will buy my kids and she just isnt even close to a jrs size yet.

kaytieeldr
12-18-2008, 05:58 AM
I thought the Limited too stores were closing? :confused3

You'd think they would just want to get rid of inventory and really mark stuff down.

:) Michele
On the other hand, it's possible that despite closing/merging, they'd still like to sell as much inventory as possible at the highest net price possible - so they can, for example, pay stockholder dividends, pay rent, pay salaries....

sndtrklvr
12-18-2008, 06:25 AM
I agree it was poor planning because they were still giving out L2 bucks just before thanksgiving. They did push me to buy more to get the cards but since they did not have they restrictions they have now and I got 30% off on top and they let me apply to movies and music. I got amazing bargains for DD including DVDs that are about $24 for under $10 a piece. I also got the same b1g1 at Justice for girls on BF. The fun cards run until February so I'll save those for some spring clothes.

MELSMICE
12-18-2008, 07:22 AM
I haven't shopped at LTD2 for a few years, as my DD's are older now, but I'm pretty sure I used to use their Too Bucks on any items in the store, whether it was on sale or not.

My DD's used to make out pretty good when I used the Too Bucks on sale items. Actually, I never pay full retail anywhere, so I can just about guarantee this is the way it used to be done. I believe you could also use a percentage off coupon in addition.

Too bad it's changed.

luvmy3
12-18-2008, 07:25 AM

When they were giving out the TooBucks they were very good at saying If you spend xx amount more dollars, you'll get a TooBuck to use later. Well alot of us spent that extra $$ expecting to be able to use the TooBuck. I know thats how they have always done this promo but I feel now that we aren't able to use them (even with the current B1G1) that they were being dishonest. I would have never spent that extra money in the first place in order to get those TooBucks. I will also be writing corporate. My LTD2 is one that is converting to Justice but I don't plan on shopping with them.

Vacation Lover
12-18-2008, 08:07 AM

For me, it's not which deal would be better (too bucks or 50%), it's the fact that I specifically upped my purchase last month in order to receive the bucks, which are now worthless. I bought from both Limited Too and Justice and was under the impression that my purchase would give me something special that others were not receiving. Instead, what was supposed to be a reward for purchasing in the past became valueless.

lindsmom
12-18-2008, 08:21 AM
I just sent my email; I'm sure nothing will happen, but I feel better. It's deceptive marketing to sell a coupon that will be essentially worthless.

andychris14
12-18-2008, 08:28 AM
I also was really ticked off. I am in there all of the time and have many bucks that can not be used. I did ask the manager and she told me that the sales were so bad that the company added this which was not planned. Yes, 50% off is a good sale but when you buy more stuff to reach that number to get these bucks, why bother. I am also going to email them right now.

descovy
12-18-2008, 08:41 AM
I guess I don't understand the complaint in the OP...with the too bucks you would get 50% off ONE purchase of $50, but with the current sale you can get 50% off any purchase, whether it's less or more than $50. :confused3 So isn't the current sale better for you or at least the same as if you used your too bucks?.

my point was why do they even offer the too bucks...or even crazier, 30 percent off coupons if the whole store is half off. They even offer the too bucks today. Why do they even bother when it is cheaper without such promotions?

Kitzka
12-18-2008, 08:53 AM

my point was why do they even offer the too bucks...or even crazier, 30 percent off coupons if the whole store is half off. They even offer the too bucks today. Why do they even bother when it is cheaper without such promotions?

As someone else mentioned it seems that sales at Justice and LT2 are way down and the 50% off was something that was unplanned. The 30% off coupons that come with the catazine are printed months in advance. I am sure they had no way of knowing that sales would be as bad as they are. I can understand why they are unable to offer the use of the 30% off coupon but i think that they should allow yuo to use some of the Too Bucks. I mean if i thought I could save 50% and still use mt Too Bucks you bet your bottom dollar I would get more stuff.

As it is we are maxed out on LT2 clothing for the holidays.

Lara

mom2brina
12-18-2008, 09:10 AM
When I was in LT2 yesterday I said something to the sales girl there about how crazy it is that they have had B1G1 and now 50%. She said they are trying to be more competitive with stores like Target. I wish they would just adjust their prices and end the whole Too Bucks thing.

I'm really ticked at Justice right now. On BF, I ordered online. The week before some stores around the country had B1G1, and I went out of my way to go to the Justice closest to us (30 min away), only to get there and find out that that store was only B1G1 half-off of clearance only! Online they had B1G1, plus you could use 30% off. Made much more sense to order online! However it took 3 weeks to ship to me!!! Well, included in my order was Christmas themed merchandise. I certainly didn't want to keep it with one week to go till Christmas. By the time I received my shipment, the $25 Justice coupons I 'earned' were already expired!!! So ridiculous. For some reason I always walk out of Justice POed!! :rolleyes:

Tink-n-MrIncredible
12-18-2008, 04:01 PM
My LT2 would not honor the two bucks either. I went in there today. There was a sign in the front of the store as you walked in saying 50% off. I asked the girl who worked in the store what was 50% off, she said the whole store. Well I shopped and picked up some music cd's and was thinking about a ds game. When I went to check out another sales girl told me the whole store was 50% off EXCEPT music cd's, anything for a ds or anything electronic. Well just to let you know they lost MY BUCKS.

lindsmom
12-18-2008, 04:07 PM
So I sent my email, which said "I would like to know how you plan to honor the toobucks that your salespeople pushed before Thanksgiving... If you were planning such sales, you should not have pressured customers to spend extra money to earn the toobucks... It's false marketing and just poor customer service..." etc.

I got an email back that said (this is the whole thing):

I am sorry to inform you that you cannot use the 2 bucks with other
promotions. You may use them as long as the items that your are purchasing
are not on sale. If you have any questions please call customer service at
1-866-458-3866.

Thank You
Limited Too Customer Service

Um, YEAH, I got that part... that's what I was complaining about. :mad:

So I sent a fairly nasty reply to them, then filled out my complaint with the Attorney General's office. Ah, well....

ajk912
12-18-2008, 06:15 PM
I am ticked off about the TooBucks, too. I went today to shop and saw that a lot of items were 50% off today, so I was like sweet..I can FINALLY use my Toobucks since the BOGO the whole store sale was over. Nope.

It's ridiculous. They are just like the Gymboree gymbucks..and Gymboree doesn't say hey, you can't use your gymbucks. You earned the coupon, they let you use your coupon! Why L2 doesn't get that concept is beyond me. :confused3 Or Kohls with the Kohls cash..you earn the Kohls cash, you can spend the Kohls cash!! Those are the only examples I can think of, I am sure there are more...

Aristomommy
12-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I received the following response to my complaint:

Thank you for contacting Limited Too in regards to your recent store experience. On behalf of Limited Too, we apologize for any frustration and inconveniences you may have experienced in this situation. Open communication, such as yours encourages us to improve the quality of our business and to give you the level of service you expect and deserve.

While we are unable to change the promotion guidelines, we will certainly ensure your comments and feedback are shared with corporate leadership and partners.

Again, thank you for contacting Limited Too and for expressing your concerns. As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will hope that you will enjoy future shopping experiences with Limited Too.

Limited Too Customer Service

Ok, I will be sending a complaint to BBB and Attorney General's. They shouldn't "upsell" like this and then not honor the bucks.

LisaLuvsDisney
12-18-2008, 06:55 PM
This is my least favorite store. I think most of their stuff is junk and way overpriced.

2minnies
12-18-2008, 08:16 PM
I also sent an email regarding the Too Bucks. On top of that, I received an email this morning about my order from 2 weeks ago that is now on backorder! Didn't they know that when they accepted my order? I thought I was finished Christmas shopping!!!

I am finished with this company (and Justice also). I've been shopping 77 kids (American Eagle). Free shipping and you can return at AE stores.

allison443
12-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Okay I now understand the problem about the too bucks!! :) Thanks for explaining, everyone. I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction!

AmberI
12-19-2008, 10:21 AM
This sale has been going on almost all month. I went to use my bucks too last weekend and this sale was going on. I was so mad that I couldn't use them, I'm mad that I drove out there just to use them and couldn't. I e mailed them too.

ajk912
12-19-2008, 12:29 PM
The more I think about it the madder I get. :mad:

Every other store, they let you use the bucks you earn. Why bother doing the promo if you refuse to honor it? Heck, when Kohls does their bucks they could quite possibly LOSE a lot of money when people redeem. Because last I checked with KohlsCash, you could have a $20 KohlsCash $ and you can use it on a $20.01 purchase, and walk out just paying tax and getting $20 of stuff free...Kohls understands, it's to get people in the door and they made their $$ on the first purchase. Win some, lose some!

Limited Too isn't even that bad, so even though you are selling stuff at a discount you aren't giving the stuff away. I had $100 in Limited Too bucks to use. I would have had to spend $200, and get $100 off, but they still got $100 more of my money this season. I am so annoyed I am not buying anything else. So they lost a $100 sale. Smart thinking, L2!!! :mad:

andychris14
12-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Has anyone received a response from there emails to them? I am not holding my breath. Bad customer service that they are not emailing us back.

Vacation Lover
12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
I sent them an e-mail asking that they extend the expiration date and allow us to use it on all items, including sales. Here's what I wrote:

I am writing to express my frustration that I am unable to use my Limited Too Bucks. My daughter just turned 9 and is beginning to get excited about the clothes at Limited Too and Justice. I bought her clothes for her birthday at both stores, and specifically made a point to purchase over $50 worth at each location in order to receive my Too Bucks.

I was led to believe that making a purchase last month would give me something special--a discount at a future date. Unfortunately that promise was not delivered. I realize that the current sale is a good value, but it's available to everyone. Where is the reward I was supposed to receive for making a purchase last month?

I hope that you will extend the expiration date of all Too Bucks and Justice Bucks so customers will be able to use them, and will be able to use them on all clothing items, including sale items. I feel let down by your company. I fulfilled my end of the bargain by making a $55 purchase last month (about $20 more than I had intended to buy). Please fulfill your end of the bargain now.

andychris14
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I sent them an e-mail asking that they extend the expiration date and allow us to use it on all items, including sales. Here's what I wrote:

I am writing to express my frustration that I am unable to use my Limited Too Bucks. My daughter just turned 9 and is beginning to get excited about the clothes at Limited Too and Justice. I bought her clothes for her birthday at both stores, and specifically made a point to purchase over $50 worth at each location in order to receive my Too Bucks.

I was led to believe that making a purchase last month would give me something special--a discount at a future date. Unfortunately that promise was not delivered. I realize that the current sale is a good value, but it's available to everyone. Where is the reward I was supposed to receive for making a purchase last month?

I hope that you will extend the expiration date of all Too Bucks and Justice Bucks so customers will be able to use them, and will be able to use them on all clothing items, including sale items. I feel let down by your company. I fulfilled my end of the bargain by making a $55 purchase last month (about $20 more than I had intended to buy). Please fulfill your end of the bargain now.

Thats sounds great. Let's hope you get a response to your email.

dreamalittledream
12-22-2008, 08:47 PM
It sounds as if there is no consistancy between stores. I was in our store Thursday to use my Too Bucks and saw the signs for the 50% off. I asked what I was supposed to do with my coupons and they gave me 60% off when I used my Too Bucks. It was better than what you all are reporting.
I have just started shopping there but it looks like it will be short lived if I can't figure it out.

dahrjo
12-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I was just going there tomorrow to use my Two Bucks. Maybe I should call first and see what they are doing. I could just as easily go somewhere else.

tinytink
12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
I was just going there tomorrow to use my Two Bucks. Maybe I should call first and see what they are doing. I could just as easily go somewhere else.
Our LDT is offering 40% off now so I just used my Bucks instead of getting the 40%. It's a shame what they are doing!!!

maciec
12-22-2008, 10:42 PM
When I was in on Friday they gave me 60% off instead of the 50% off that was happening in the store, but I had to surrender my Too Bucks.

They are still good online also.

gottalluvmickey
12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
They are closing their doors and taking the name "Justice" in January. At this point, you can not use your "Too Bucks" at Justice, but the sales associate at Justice told me that she believes you will be able to use them at Justice in January.

pirateofthecarolinas
12-23-2008, 07:00 AM
***Public Service Announcement***

I went online to see any sales at our local shopping center. Limited Too had a printable coupon for 30% off total purchase. Be sure to check out your mall's web site for some great discounts. I hope this helps!

Lori

luvmy3
12-23-2008, 08:45 AM
***Public Service Announcement***

I went online to see any sales at our local shopping center. Limited Too had a printable coupon for 30% off total purchase. Be sure to check out your mall's web site for some great discounts. I hope this helps!

Lori

You won't be able to use this with the B1G1, or 50% off sale that the store is currently running. Just wanted to let you know in case you were planning on using it.

Tink-n-MrIncredible
12-23-2008, 09:21 AM
All I can say is that LT2 or Justice (that's what our store will become in Feburary according to the sales associate) has lost a customer.

luvmy3
12-23-2008, 09:22 AM
All I can say is that LT2 or Justice (that's what our store will become in Feburary according to the sales associate) has lost a customer.

Make that 2

ckrum
12-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Make that 3!! I am so irritated by their sudden TooBucks "policy". Yesterday, the entire store was 40% off. There was a sign in the window stating that no other coupon (including Too Bucks) could be used w/the 40% off sale. I think this is a case of "bait & switch" by enticing us to purchase w/the future use of the coupons. Only to basically make it impossible to use the coupons. I will NEVER shop in a Ltd.2/Justice store and informed relatives not to give DD any giftcards from them.

ckrum
12-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I just finished filing a complaint w/the BBB. At least it made me feel a little better. I encourage the rest of you to also file a complaint. I'm usually the type of person who just lets these things slide. But, this just really irritated me.:mad:
Now, I'm off to more important things... Making candy & cookies for our Christmas Eve gathering. Nothing like some sugar & chocolate to make me feel better.

Vacation Lover
12-23-2008, 04:40 PM
I got a pretty generic response to my e-mail, but they did ask for my mailing address. I'll let you know if they send me anything.

"Thank you for contacting Limited Too in regards to your recent store experience. On behalf of Limited Too, we apologize for any frustration and inconveniences you may have experienced in this situation. Open communication, such as yours encourages us to improve the quality of our business and to give you the level of service you expect and deserve.

While we are unable to change the promotion guidelines, we will certainly ensure your comments and feedback are shared with corporate leadership and partners.

Again, thank you for contacting Limited Too and for expressing your concerns. As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will hope that you will enjoy future shopping experiences with Limited Too. Please reply with your mailing address."

ckrum
12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
I got a pretty generic response to my e-mail, but they did ask for my mailing address. I'll let you know if they send me anything.

"Thank you for contacting Limited Too in regards to your recent store experience. On behalf of Limited Too, we apologize for any frustration and inconveniences you may have experienced in this situation. Open communication, such as yours encourages us to improve the quality of our business and to give you the level of service you expect and deserve.

Again, thank you for contacting Limited Too and for expressing your concerns. As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will hope that you will enjoy future shopping experiences with Limited Too. Please reply with your mailing address."

I got the exact same response.

DisBride2007
12-23-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm sorry you are all disappointed. I really don't think this was intentional trickery on the part of the company though. I work in the corporate division of a retail company (not Limited Brands though) and it sounds like the Too Bucks are what's known as a bounceback offer. Basically, you give the customer something (or they earn it) and then they'll come back later and spend more money. Ann Taylor Loft does it a lot with $25 off $50 purchases.

But then it was determined that the Limited Too stores would be closing and so they need to do what they can to get rid of their remaining merchandise, or sell it at 50% off. The other possibility is that their sales were just much worse than they anticipated and they ended up doing 50% off out of desperation. I know my company has been running some ridiculous sales that, two months ago or even one month ago, we would never have even considered.

I hope you all get some kind of resolution. One time I had a terrible experience with the Limited and emailed corporate and received a $25 GC in the mail.

Vacation Lover
01-08-2009, 02:07 PM

I received a letter with a $20 gift card in the mail today. Above and beyond my expectations. I thought I might get a coupon or another set of too bucks. The gift card is good at both Justice and Limited Too.

Aristomommy
01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I received a letter with a $20 gift card in the mail today. Above and beyond my expectations. I thought I might get a coupon or another set of too bucks. The gift card is good at both Justice and Limited Too.

I received the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I went to our Justice store nearby and they took my Too bucks and the GC without any problems. I got 7 shirts for DD for $24.xx:cool1:

andychris14
01-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I sent them 2 emails and still no response. That is nice that you even heard from them. I should email them again.

ckrum
01-08-2009, 05:56 PM
I received a nice letter & $20 gc today, also. It's nice that they listened and responded. I really wasn't expecting anything.

CarKey
01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
We live near the corporate headquarters for Tween Brands (Limited Too is not owned by the Limited anymore) and my 12 year old daughter fit models for them. This entitles her to a 40% discount on all Columbus area Limited Too and Justice stores. When she started months ago, they would discount anything and everything, with the exception of Nintendo Ds. It included clearance items that were marked down 50% already, so you can imagine how large my daughter's wardrobe has become. Suddenly they have stopped allowing fit models to use their discount on already reduced items...which is practically the whold store right now. She's growing anyway, so they'll probably stop using her as a fit model soon and I'm ready for it. The inconvenince is now greater than the benefits.

JerJan
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
CarKeyWe live near the corporate headquarters for Tween Brands (Limited Too is not owned by the Limited anymore) and my 12 year old daughter fit models for them. This entitles her to a 40% discount on all Columbus area Limited Too and Justice stores. When she started months ago, they would discount anything and everything, with the exception of Nintendo Ds. It included clearance items that were marked down 50% already, so you can imagine how large my daughter's wardrobe has become. Suddenly they have stopped allowing fit models to use their discount on already reduced items...which is practically the whold store right now. She's growing anyway, so they'll probably stop using her as a fit model soon and I'm ready for it. The inconvenince is now greater than the benefits.

Hi....not trying to hijack the post, just curious as to how you got your daughter into this? My 9 year old is interested in modeling.

CarKey
01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Well, it's fit modeling which means she is scheduled with their technical designers to try on clothing samples so the techs can see what they like or what they need to change. They really want girls that are a perfect size 10 by their specifications which means she has to be in their size range for legs, arms, trunk, hips and bust. When she isn't a 10 anymore she won't get much work. Do you live near New Albany? If so, PM me and I'll give you all the details.