PDA

View Full Version : Express pass 19.99...quick response needed please

dolphindan1
12-17-2008, 06:03 AM
I looked a couple of weeks ago and i was 25.99 and now its 19.99 does that mean the crowds are even lower than what they thought? We are going today and now I am considering purchasing the express pass, should I just wait and see. We will be at IOA today and US friday...its 19.99 both days...Is just them trying to make a little more money or something they always do?....:confused3

macraven
12-17-2008, 06:11 AM
whenever the ex passes are $19.99, it is the indicator that the crowds are expected to be low.

if you still feel you want the ex passes, wait until you are in the park to buy them.
they can be bought at a few stores in the park besides guest services.

once you buy them, there are no refunds. even if you don't use them at all that day.

crowds tend to start around 10:30- 11:00 on regular park days when the gates open at 9:00.

i know this is a hard decision to make if you are not sure if you should wait and buy them later.

keep checking the site to see if it changes again before your trip.

macraven
12-17-2008, 06:14 AM
just reread your post.

to answer your question, i would say yes.

all parks are out to make money........

now that UO threw in the free dining for kids promo, they have to pick up the extra $$ somewhere.......

on the other hand, maybe this is the Christmas present from UO to the public.
first they did the stay 4 nights, get 3 free, then the dining for kids, maybe this is another gift. .......i really don't know.....:confused3

maybe someone else has better knowledge than i do on this.

Metro West
12-17-2008, 10:08 AM
on the other hand, maybe this is the Christmas present from UO to the public.
first they did the stay 4 nights, get 3 free, then the dining for kids, maybe this is another gift. .......i really don't know.....:confused3

maybe someone else has better knowledge than i do on this.I'm not sure either but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth....K?

macraven
12-17-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm not sure either but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth....K?

you have a good point.
let's consider it a gift....

palm715
12-17-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't want to hijack this post, but can someone tell me more about kids eating free?

THANKS!

macraven
12-17-2008, 07:03 PM
A Universe of Savings

Universal Orlando® Resort-Wide Savings Booklet!* Limited time offer, buy online now and receive this savings opportunity Enjoy discounts at numerous locations, including: Savings at select in-park restaurants and merchandise locations Free admission to select Universal CityWalk® venues Kids Eat...
http://www.universalorlando.com/coupon_details_popup2.html - 3k

it's on this site:

http://www.universalorlando.com/coupon_details_popup2.html

dolphindan1
12-17-2008, 07:30 PM
We just got back to our room and we did not need it at all we rode everything 2 or 3 times each....everything was 5 minutes which was usually just walking to the ride....good lord Ripsaw and Dueling Dragons have long queues...

Anyway Pteranadon flyers did hit 60 minutes while the kids were playing in camp Jurassic bur we had ridden already by 10:30 with a 15 minute wait...I would be so pissed to wait 60 minutes for 17 seconds of not much...

but we had a great day at IOA I came back soaked and shivering as did the kids...we loved not having to rush from ride to ride or worrying about walking into someone or stroller derby...as much as I love Disney I love Universal just as much....the Grinchmas show was really cute too...:thumbsup2

Metro West
12-17-2008, 07:58 PM
you have a good point.
let's consider it a gift.... :thumbsup2