PDA

View Full Version : Disney shopping Vent

Chris
12-16-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm cranky tonight, I'll just throw that out there!!

About 3 weeks ago, I ordered 10 place settings of the broomstick brown dishes from Disney Shopping. Plus a few other pieces to go with the sets and it came to about $200.00.
the stuff arrives and one of the serving platters is smashed to pieces and a place setting is missing a cup. no biggie, I called CS and had one RUDE woman "helping" me. Got that straightened away ( i hope).

Anyway, I've been using these dishes for less then 2 weeks and already they have a boatload of chips in them. I made sure they were dishwasher safe before I bought them but they already look like crap.

I emailed Disney and the response I got was a joke. basically thanks for taking the time to let us know, we look forward to you shopping at Disneyshopping.com again soon. I replied back that obviously they hadn't read my email because the response was such a generalized one. I get another one back basically saying the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just so upset and things like this don't normally bother me but I really wanted the dishes, saved and justified getting them and now they look awful and Disneyshopping could care less it appears.

OK vent over. thanks for reading if you got this far.

dementia412
12-17-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm not sure I've ever bought anything through Disney which was worth the price, but I keep buying from them. The Woody doll which broke the day we gave it to my daughter and the princess keyboard which broke within days of her birthday were the worst... at least it wasn't $200 worth!

jessica52877
12-17-2008, 06:39 AM
I bought dishes a few years back from them, they were crap! I called because I didn't even have them a month and they were crackling all over and you could see the food seeping into the cracks. It was not safe at all. They could have cared less. I got a "great" deal on them but they went in the trash. I have been very careful with what I have bought since then. Oh, and they were less then helpful on the phone. I can't imagine trying to deal with it now a days when it is about impossible to get anyone on the phone.

DizneyDogs
12-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Don't bother emailing you will never get the response you want - call and speak directly to a manager and tell them you want to return them for a full refund if that's what you want to do and have them issue a call tag for UPS to come pick them up