PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Which park to do!!

mickekmania
12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Unfortunalely we will only have 1 day to do US/IOA.:sad1: It's my husband and I and 2 girls 8 and 9. With that information, which park would you suggest we do:confused3 :confused3

NashvilleTrio
12-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I'd vote IOA if you meet the following criteria: kids are above 52" and/or 54" and your kids enjoy thrill rides. Dr. Doom's Fear Fall height requirement is 52" and Hulk, Fire Dragon & Ice Drag onrequire the riders to be 54".

If your kids aren't tall enough you can still have fun at IOA, but only if they're willing to ride water rides. If you exclude the 52"/54" rides AND you won't ride the water rides, I'd recommend you visit USF.

There is plenty of fun to be had at IOA and USF, but IOA is my favorite. Although, the Simpsons ride and the updated Disaster Studios attraction have closed the gap for me between these 2 parks. I'm sure when Hollywood Rip, Ride Rockit opens it will be even closer.

donaldduck352
12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Thats a hard one for me to answer.At IOA You got Suess Landing which to me is excellently themed-Sinbad show which is pretty kool but some loud sound effects-Bluto's (you will get SOAKED)-Spiderman the best 3-d ride ever made-Posiedan very dark inside and can be scary for young ones,but a great show-Storm Force which will make the TeaCups at MK look like a joke.. After that it is pretty much thrill rides!!

Installment 2 will be US!!

donaldduck352
12-16-2008, 05:52 PM
OK insallment 2:Universal Studios!!

Now this is were it gets tricky.You got T-2 a very good immersive live 3-D show,but its got alot of loud sound effects and very intense for young ones-E.T. my all time fav ride-Fievals playground with the very tame Woody Woodpecker coaster and the Barney show in the same area-Then Simpsons(does have a hieght limit to)is awesome-MIB another one with hieght limits but a very good ride I never get tired of-Jaws is great-Disater this one is pretty fun-Revenge Of The Mummy is a not miss and they have child swap-Twister another good attraction but dark inside-Shrek 4-D a not miss-Jimmy Nuetron a not miss!!

So in my opinion Studios would be the better choice for the kids!!
At their age they will have more fun there....

I forgot too mention the shows at the Studios:Animals Live-Beetljuice-and the characters you will see on the streets like Scooby and Shaggy Madagascar Simpsons etc..

Hope this helps!!:thumbsup2 And everything I stated Is --IMO only!!

Metro West
12-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Unfortunalely we will only have 1 day to do US/IOA.:sad1: It's my husband and I and 2 girls 8 and 9. With that information, which park would you suggest we do:confused3 :confused3As the others have posted, what kind of rides does your family enjoy?

Eeyore's Girl
12-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh what a quandry! For a first time, get-to-choose-only-one-park-scenario, I'd vote for US. Your girls will have a great time!

GuestServicesMonkey
01-01-2009, 01:28 AM
The simple solution is to get a one-day/two-park ticket. Then you get to do whatever interests you in both parks.

MonkeyDishwasher
01-01-2009, 03:17 AM
My friends and I were able to hit both in one day AND do everything that we wanted to do. I guess it helps that once we decide on doing something, we'll be totally psyched for that and go at full speed for it. No lollygagging allowed with us!

Metro West
01-01-2009, 06:06 AM
My friends and I were able to hit both in one day AND do everything that we wanted to do. I guess it helps that once we decide on doing something, we'll be totally psyched for that and go at full speed for it. No lollygagging allowed with us! :thumbsup2

dolphindan1
01-01-2009, 06:13 AM
if you can buy the 2 park/ 1 day pass and FOTL pass you should be able to do both parks with no problem....depending on the time of year you may be able to do it without the FOTL pass....it can get pricey...

dolphindan1
01-01-2009, 06:18 AM
I Love IOA it has a great coaster in HULK, and a great 4-d ride in Spiderman...the rest is just a SO-SO park...Jurrasic Park is good as is Dueling Dragons...Ripsaw and Bluto are great if you wanna get wet...

If it were me and I only had 1 day I would got the Universal Studios...it has the classic ride that I think makes Universal what it was built to be....Jaws, Shrek, Terminator, ET, MIB, THE mummy, Twister, Disaster, Simpsons....to me from top to bottom its the better of the 2 parks...IOA has a few great rides...Universal has more great rides....ET and THe Mummy are 2 of my favorites anywhere...JMHO

dolphindan1
01-01-2009, 06:21 AM
OH and another reason I would suggest the Studios over IOA....Dr Doom and Pteranadon Flyers...they have slow slow lines for a 30 second ride....the flyers can easily hit an hour wait soon after park opening...and its a shame...its just way too short for the wait as is Dr. Doom...you wanna free fall go ride ToT at MGM, its better