PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant.COM 80% OFF !!!!

dsnymoners
12-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Use code SANTA at check out!!!!

swimgalsmom
12-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for posting this! I got two $25.00 certificates for $4.00!!! These will be great stocking stuffers for DH!:cool1:

kbkids
12-16-2008, 11:04 AM
I know it's best for me to just call the store, but just checked, and the only restaurant in our area that was ever on the site is now off the site. I've still got a certificate I bought a few weeks ago. Think they will still honor it?

TiredX2
12-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Awesome! I've been waiting for that 80% to come up :)

I know it's best for me to just call the store, but just checked, and the only restaurant in our area that was ever on the site is now off the site. I've still got a certificate I bought a few weeks ago. Think they will still honor it?

They should. I've been in that situation before. The restaurant honored it no problem, they just didn't sell them any more.

John Smith1
12-16-2008, 11:12 AM

Rest.com's customer service is very good. You can email them from the site with your question.

Kay1
12-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Thank you for that. When they say one certificate each month, do they mean calendar month or a thirty-day month? Anyone know?

tipsytrtle
12-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Has anybody used these? it seems like a really good deal, almost too good of a deal
TIA

emmabemmainc
12-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I've used them multiple times and have never had a problem---thanks for posting this, OP--I just bought 3 certificates!

Parkhopper
12-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I use these certificates all the time. They are a great deal...especially at 80% off! You just need to pay close attention to any restrictions (ie can only be used Mon - Thurs or $35 minimum purchase.)

Suzi

dseth
12-16-2008, 11:58 AM
How long do these take to arrive and how do they come (certificates or cards) ? TIA

emmabemmainc
12-16-2008, 12:10 PM
How long do these take to arrive and how do they come (certificates or cards) ? TIA

As soon as you pay, you can print them out. So, it's pretty much instant.

dseth
12-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks! I was going to be waiting on the mail until I looked in my e-mail :goodvibes

girli565
12-16-2008, 12:16 PM
I've used them several times now and it's been great! One restaurant I went to even let me order another entree to go on top of what was ordered. Great deals!

patsal
12-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I use them all the time. If a restaurant is no longer available they still honor them for one year after purchase. I do not gift these, becasue you hav eto purchse to use them ie: $25.00 off a $50.00 and I wouldn't expect others to want to use them.

Stan's MaggieMouse
12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
If a restaurant chooses to withdraw their participation, you will get an email from Restaurant.com with instructions on how to choose another certificate in it's place. This has happened to me twice.

Maggie

Parkers_girl
12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
So how do these things work? I know I see some that say, minimum $50. So let's say I have a $25 g/c. Do I spend the $50, get the 25 off, leaving me to pay only 25? Or, do I have to spend $75, get the 25 off, then still pay the restaurant 50?? Anyone care to explain?? TIA!:)

Inigo
12-16-2008, 01:01 PM
So how do these things work? I know I see some that say, minimum $50. So let's say I have a $25 g/c. Do I spend the $50, get the 25 off, leaving me to pay only 25?

That's how it works. Your total bill has to be over the minimum amount, then they take the coupon off. You only owe them the amount over the coupon value. So, for a required minimum of $50, you would use the coupon and only pay $25.

I went to a great restaurant with my husband, ordered whatever we wanted, and our total came to about $10 after the coupon was taken off. Since the coupon only cost $2, we had an excellent dinner for $12.

beattyfamily
12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
When do these gift certificates expire and can you use more than one at one restaurant? So if my bill is $60, I can give them 2 $25 certificates??

dzorn
12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't think you can use more than one at a time.

Denise in MI

Inigo
12-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't think you can use more than one at a time.

Denise in MI

Nope, most that I looked at are no more than one certificate per restaurant per month. I think each certificate has to be used within one year of purchase.

I'm going to order several more from my area restaurants so that we can have thrifty date nights a couple times each month.

tipsytrtle
12-16-2008, 06:35 PM
thats what i did, ordered a bunch now for date nights later on

emmabemmainc
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
When do these gift certificates expire and can you use more than one at one restaurant? So if my bill is $60, I can give them 2 $25 certificates??

I think the ones I've ordered in the past have expired a year after I printed them out, although some might be dfifferent.

cmlydia4
12-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Just wondering if any one knows when this promo expires?:santa:

ncbyrne
12-17-2008, 06:14 AM
I was skeptical, but bought one last year for a very nice upscale restaurant in our area. We'd never been there because the menu was a bit pricey. I was actually a bit nervous about giving the waiter our computer printed certificate - but, it went very smoothly, no problem at all. The waiter knew exactly what it was, took it, and returned with an adjusted bill. We were happy! ;) This year, with these great deals, I've ordered several for local restaurants we've wanted to try.

Cibahwewah
12-17-2008, 07:10 AM
I just bought $35 worth for $2.60. Thanks.

Malibelle
12-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Where does it say you can only use one coupon per visit? So basically if buy a $25 GC they are coupons for $25 off a meal. You can't use several gift certificates to pay for a large bill right?

Maddle
12-17-2008, 07:15 PM
This is great! I have often read about the certificates, but never tried them, but for less than $5 I will be able to try three restaurants (We were hoping to go to these establishments in the near future anyway!)

Maddle

Golf4food
12-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Got the same offer through UPromise. Got a $10 certificate to a place we wanted to try for only $0.60. I'll gladly accept $9.40 of free money! :)

librarygal
12-18-2008, 12:21 PM
I paid for a certificate via PayPal two days ago and still have not received the e-mail with the link. It is not in my account either. I usually pay with credit card and get instant access. Anyone else have this problem? I e-mailed them but have not heard back.

Fall1
12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks OP! I got a $10 gc to one of our local favorites for .60cents!!!!

Inigo
12-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I pay for my restaurant.com with paypal, and I've not had a problem getting the e-mail. Can you log into your restaurant.com account to see if the certificates are there?

reesecup
12-19-2008, 10:59 AM
can someone tell me if this "Santa" deal is still on? I put coupons in my cart but there is no where to put the code. Thanks. I've also called them many times and it just keeps ringing busy.... ????

casjen
12-19-2008, 12:47 PM
When I went to my cart there was a spot to enter a coupon code.

Kay1
12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
can someone tell me if this "Santa" deal is still on? I put coupons in my cart but there is no where to put the code. Thanks. I've also called them many times and it just keeps ringing busy.... ????

Did you register and log on? You need to do that first.

DisneyFan32WI
12-20-2008, 08:57 AM
There is just one day left to use the code "SANTA." You can't beat the 80% off deal. I just bought a ton this morning, and many are now out of stock.
I absolutely LOVE Restaurant.com. I have never had any problems. I print the gift cards immediately after purchase, plus they send me a confirmation e-mail as well in case I want to print later.

reesecup
12-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys. The coupon box showed this time when I went on but I don't think it was there for some reason. Maybe I just didn't see it. I'm debating on how many to get. My husband says "get lots..you can't beat that" but this will be the first time using them and I am just paranoid we may run into issues one way or another. Do they offer the 80 off every so often? Thanks! Oh, and someone mentioned about maybe not being able to use but once a month at some of the places... what if you would give this as a gift? How does that work?

Inigo
12-20-2008, 01:49 PM
what if you would give this as a gift? How does that work?

I would think your giftees could each use one coupon a month, as well as you could use one a month.

Don't forget, when you give these as a gift, the giftee will be responsible for the amount over the gift certificate, and there is usually a minimum purchase required. For example, at several of the restaurants I use these at, I'm required to have a minimum purchase of $35 in order to use the $25 gift certificate. Make sure your giftees understand they will have to pay something when they use the certificate.

reesecup
12-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Didn't mean to confuse you guys ealier. I meant to say the coupon box was there today but i don't think it was there yesterday on my page. thanks for your help.. hope someone can answer the other questions I had.