PDA

View Full Version : What are your "Must-Do's" for IOA?

nessz79
12-16-2008, 08:11 AM
We are going up to US/IOA this Saturday. We are probably going to buy Express passes while we're there as we only have the 1 day for both parks and don't want to feel rushed (anniversary). We have been to US, but never to IOA. What are your must-do's for IOA? If you have the time :goodvibes , can you give a brief explanation of why?

Metro West
12-16-2008, 08:39 AM
My must do's are:

1.) Dueling Dragons (both sides)

2.) Hulk

3.) Spiderman

4.) Jurassic Park River Adventure (when it's warm enough)

NashvilleTrio
12-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Spiderman, Hulk, Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dueling Dragons, Posideon's Fury, Mythos for a meal and Cat in the Hat.

If you have time (and a poncho), Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges, Rip Saw Falls and the water guns in Camp Jurassic are fun, but you'll get wet.

You'd probably enjoy Dr. Doom's Fear Fall and the Sinbad show if you can fit them into your schedule.

IndianaSPEED
12-16-2008, 11:19 AM
The Simpsons and Revenge of the Mummy rides are awesome. Don't forget about them!

LilMommyBug
12-16-2008, 12:39 PM
My must do's are:

Simpsons
ET
Spiderman
MIB

damo
12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
The Simpsons and Revenge of the Mummy rides are awesome. Don't forget about them!

Those are some of my favourites too but they are at the Studios and OP wants your opinion on IOA. What are your favourites there?

To me, a lot depends upon the weather. If it is warm I would make sure that I do all three of the water rides as well as Hulk, Dr. Doom, Spiderman, The Dragons and Cat in the Hat.

A meal at Mythos is important!!!

ky07
12-16-2008, 04:59 PM
To me spiderman is a not to be missed cause its a awsome ride and then like the rest say the hulk , dueling dragons and then the water rides

DeblovesPoohbear
12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, The Mummy!!!!
Jurassic Park, Ripsaw Falls, Spiderman, MIB, Cat in the Hat

nessz79
12-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

For Jurassic Park- that ride looks very cool. I'm wondering how wet you get. The weather on Saturday is supposed to be pleasant with highs around 80, but I don't want to get soaked...

donaldduck352
12-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks everyone!

For Jurassic Park- that ride looks very cool. I'm wondering how wet you get. The weather on Saturday is supposed to be pleasant with highs around 80, but I don't want to get soaked...

You will be fine,just sit a couple rows back and in the middle!!:thumbsup2

damo
12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
You will be fine,just sit a couple rows back and in the middle!!:thumbsup2

;)

Metro West
12-16-2008, 08:35 PM
For Jurassic Park- that ride looks very cool. I'm wondering how wet you get. The weather on Saturday is supposed to be pleasant with highs around 80, but I don't want to get soaked...That's really tough one...how wet you get depends upon how many people are in the boat and where you are sitting. I've been on JPRA many times and sometimes I'm damp and sometimes I'm soaked.

nessz79
12-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Ok, thanks for the heads up!

the Dark Marauder
12-18-2008, 09:49 PM
On JP, it's a crap shoot. In the back you have a better chance of getting less wet than the front. No guarantees. On Ripsaw and Popeye, you get DRENCHED.

nessz79
12-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Maybe we'll save the ride for the afternoon. It's supposed to be around 80 as a high, so that's not terrible for a water ride. As long as we don't get wet to the underwear I'm happy ;)

d4est
12-19-2008, 07:33 AM
What are your "Must-Do's" for IOA?

Everything!

teresared
12-19-2008, 11:37 AM
For my boys it's get someone to stand on the grate in "If I Ran the Zoo" so the quarantined creature will sneeze on the unsuspecting person. For me it's everything else!!!:love:

BuckeyeGuy28
12-19-2008, 03:04 PM
In Order of Awesomeness:

1.) Spider-Man
2.) Hulk
3.) Dueling Dragons Ice (in front)
4.) Dueling Dragons Fire (in back)
5.) Poseidon's Fury (maybe not now because the water vortex got shut off)
6.) Jurassic Park
7.) Cat in the Hat
8.) Dudley Do-Right
9.) One Fish Two Fish
10.) Dr Doom
11.) Popeye
12.) High in the Sky Train Ride
13.) Carousel
14.) Storm Force

Believe it or not, I've never been to Sinbad show!:scared1: I'm sure that's great, and I also haven't been to Mythos but me and my guys don't have time for sit-down eating!:laughing:

Also, if you get there at rope-drop, rush over to the Pteranodon (spelling?) ride in Camp Jurassic. It's VERY fun, but it's pretty mild...sort of like my guilty pleasure...but if you don't go there first, you'll be faced with lines 75 minutes throughout the day and no Express pass

macraven
12-20-2008, 02:56 PM
not in any particular order:

Dr Doom
Spiderman
Dueling Dragon
Mystic Fountain
Cat in the Hat

Metro West
12-20-2008, 04:52 PM
not in any particular order:

Dr Doom
Spiderman
Dueling Dragon
Mystic Fountain
Cat in the HatOK Mac...next trip you and I will do DD and HR3!

macraven
12-20-2008, 09:47 PM
okey dokey.........:goodvibes

khertz
12-21-2008, 02:25 PM
The must-do's for us are The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Spiderman, and Jurassic Park River Adventure.

tlrotzoll
12-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Maybe we'll save the ride for the afternoon. It's supposed to be around 80 as a high, so that's not terrible for a water ride. As long as we don't get wet to the underwear I'm happy ;)

If you don't want to get wet down to your underwear, then don't ride Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges & Rip Saw Falls! We promised our kids that we would ride these (my husband & I are not big on water rides) so we saved them for the very end of the day. Oh - don't wear a white t-shirt!:rotfl:

Laurabearz
12-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Spiderman, Jurassic Park, Dueling Dragons, Spiderman again :thumbsup2

lachica
12-22-2008, 09:13 AM
You guys are going to laugh but the new favorite other then the thrill rides is:
The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride

I had never done Seuss Landing before and I've been going for a while, since I was there with my grandmother - this is her favorite ride. We easily rode it 3x yesterday - 2 during the day but one at night to see everthing all lit up at night.

Metro West
12-22-2008, 09:23 AM
You guys are going to laugh but the new favorite other then the thrill rides is:
The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train RideYes...the trolley train is a great ride...nice and relaxing...I wish it were longer.

creative gal
12-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Spiderman, Jurassic Park River Adventure, and, if it's warm enough, Popeye and Olive's Bilge Rat Barges. (Do bear in mind though, that ride is designed to get every rider soaked)

tcolling
01-02-2009, 03:18 PM
We are going up to US/IOA this Saturday. We are probably going to buy Express passes while we're there as we only have the 1 day for both parks and don't want to feel rushed (anniversary).

Can you let us know how this goes for you? I will be trying to do the same (both parks, one day, express plus) during Easter week. I am trying to determine if my aspirational goals for the day are out of sync with reality.

This is my plan...

IOA
Incredible Hulk Coaster
Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges.
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls.
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Dueling Dragons

USF
Revenge of the Mummy
Disaster!
Jaws
Men in Black: Alien Attack
The Simpsons Ride

Planogirl
01-03-2009, 12:46 AM
I'd say Spiderman twice, maybe three time. Jurassic Park. We love taking time to shoot water cannons at those going by on boats too.

ladycollector
01-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Hulk
Spiderman
MIB
Simpsons
Mummy