PDA

View Full Version : Speed of Premium Site Rehab Work

DaveInTN
12-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I just want to comment on my observations this past week regarding some of the rehab work going on at the Fort. We arrived last Sunday the 7th and set up in the 500 loop. The next day we rode our bikes around the Fort, and I watched some of the work underway in the 1200 loop. They were pouring concrete for the expanded premium sites. By Wednesday the landscape crew was in planting the new shrubs and laying the watering hoses down. On Thursday, this work continued and they were also laying bale upon bale of pine needles over the dirt between sites. On Friday, RV's began setting up in the newly refurbed loop, and by Saturday the loop was nearly full! Now, I'm not sure when they closed the loop to begin the work, but considering they were pouring concrete on Monday and were fully complete and reopened on Friday, I was pretty impressed. :worship: I guess the longer a loop is out of service the more money they forego...and Disney isn't exactly in the business of foregoing revenue. Either way, the work on the loops is progressing faster than I anticipated.

Tri-circle-D
12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Dave- You are right about the fact that once they get going on a loop, it is amazing how much gets done in such a short amount of time. The 1200 loop was open and full of campers on Thanksgiving week. On Sunday, November, 30, everyone cleared out, and the work on the expanded pads began. They had done some preliminary work in this loop before Thanksgiving, but none of the new pads were poured or even formed before 11/30/08. So, they got all of the new pads poured and the landscaping done in about two weeks. The 1200 loop is considerably smaller than the 800 loop, but it still seems like they are now getting it down to a science, and moving faster.

When Disney wants to get something done, it is amazing how fast they can make it happen.

TCD

LONE-STAR
12-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah we where there during the whole 1200 loop redo and they did it quick. The first week was all demo and the 2nd week they put it together. I was surprised at how quit the work was. Last year when we where there they made alot more noise just clearing the brush out.

Tnbob
12-18-2008, 12:07 AM
I hear people saying they don't like the new cleaned up parts of the fort. I like it, the campground looks neater and although people sometimes like to think they are in the wilderness I like seeing and talking to my neighbors. We were in the 700 loop from 12/7 to the 15th and met some very nice people, We heard that the 700 loop would be getting done in the March time frame. We were in 707 and behind the site were the old track bed from the old train that used to go through the campground, it looks like when they did the 800 loop they cleaned out the brush all the way over to the 700 loop and uncovered the old track bed.:santa:

2goofycampers
12-18-2008, 09:32 AM
I hear people saying they don't like the new cleaned up parts of the fort. I like it, the campground looks neater and although people sometimes like to think they are in the wilderness I like seeing and talking to my neighbors. We were in the 700 loop from 12/7 to the 15th and met some very nice people, We heard that the 700 loop would be getting done in the March time frame. We were in 707 and behind the site were the old track bed from the old train that used to go through the campground, it looks like when they did the 800 loop they cleaned out the brush all the way over to the 700 loop and uncovered the old track bed.:santa:

Welcome to the Dis from a fellow Middle Tennessean, and I agree I think the clearing makes way for a better looking Fort. :thumbsup2

Tnbob
12-18-2008, 10:11 PM
thanks for writing but since I haven't posted 10 posts on here they won't let me answer your mail. To answer your question, we go the 65 to Montgomery route comming from the Hampshire area. We love going down 231, its less stressful truck wise and nut wise. Maybe i will be talkative this week and get 10 posts so I can answer your message.

Tnbob
12-18-2008, 10:19 PM
sorry, it was daveintn not tndave, ohhhhh this is another post twards my 10!

Thank you Denise for your welcome, I been lurking here for a while, I used to post on the old AOL site but got busy for a few years and I guess AOL canned the easy stuff and made me have to work for it. now its gone. This is a great place and I hope we can meet some nice people on here. Thank you again.

Bob:yay: :cool2:

geeze I love them little guys on the right:flower3:

testtubes
12-19-2008, 02:10 PM
We were in the 1300 loop last week while they worked in the 1200 loop. They were very quiet. I think they even unhooked that annoying "back up alarm" on the cement trucks.