PDA

View Full Version : Newly Pregnant--am I crazy?

Krischaser
12-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Hello everyone. I just found out this morning that I am pregnant. A total shock since we were not trying and was taking precautions. Is there anyone out there like me--as in--in debt and possibly unemployed in a year and a half? I am still in shock and can not believe it. I always thought about a third but with the economy the way it is I guess I'm nervous.

Donnainnj
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I just had a little guy this year at almost 40 with 15 years between him and my oldest, and we were trying, so I don't think you're crazy. Good Luck and Congratualtions!!
Donna

ThreeMusketeers
12-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Congrats!

At least you have time to get things in order.

=)

lindsmom
12-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Hello everyone. I just found out this morning that I am pregnant. A total shock since we were not trying and was taking precautions. Is there anyone out there like me--as in--in debt and possibly unemployed in a year and a half? I am still in shock and can not believe it. I always thought about a third but with the economy the way it is I guess I'm nervous.

Well, we can be preggo friends! I just found out this morning too... and DH and I are terribly in debt... and I'm self employed, so when I'm incapacitated, I'm OUT OF WORK. ugh. But I can't think about it too much because I'll stress... Also, if it helps you feel better, I'm OLD so I've got that going for me too :rotfl2:

Poohbug
12-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Congratulation!
There is never a "perfect" time so don't stress about it. :jumping1:

Plan ahead and save as much as you can for the added expenses of a baby. You can save so much money by buying generic brands and clothes/gear from rummage sales/craigslist etc.

Krischaser
12-15-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm old too--36.

OnourwaytoWDW
12-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Congratulations!
Everything will work out. I believe that God won't give you more than you can handle. Just enjoy the moment.
Our second one was a surprise. We call her our "bonus" child. Sounds much better than an "oops". But I couldn't imagine my life without my little firecracker!

russo6
12-15-2008, 01:14 PM
After having complications with baby number 3. I was told not to have any more children. We took precautions and baby three cried for the first year of her life. Well, when she was 9 months old I thought I had the flu, oh no I was expecting number four. I cried in the Dr. office for an hour before they would let me go home and shre the news with DH. He was shocked as well. We felt like two teeenagers telling our parents because we knew they would be worried. Well, the baby was born and all was well. She turns out to be the best thing that has ever happened in our family a true gift. She is always happy and keeps our lives in perspective of what is important. The lord knows what we need and will provide. She is now 5 years old and the youngest of four sisters and still a pleasure.

DebMcDonald
12-15-2008, 01:17 PM
It's the third that send you over the edge, but ours has us just wrapped around her little finger. You are not crazy and after you get over the initial shock the excitement will set in.

Congrats:dance3: !!!

jemgumby
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:cool1: When you first find out your pregnant it can be VERY overwhelming especially if you were not trying!!! I've been there and done that!!!! I thought I would share my story with you. Almost nine years ago my DH had to have emergnecy gallbladder surgery and we did not have health insurance (we were self employed and it was OUTRAGEOUS $$$$ back then) and that cost $20,000!!! Well, we got the bill for that and then exactly 1 month later we find out I'm pregnant.....Again no health insurance and then 2 months later I got laid off from my job......Things do have a working out though. Because I was laid off I then qualified for Medicaid (thank goodness) and I was able to collect unemployment for a while. Then I found a better job that allowed me to work at home until my child started school almost 3 years ago!!! My advice to you is to breathe, look into any kind of government help you may qualify for, concentrate on the joy and try not to dwell on the negative. This time is really precious and one day will be a faint memory. Believe me, things do have a working out even if at the time it seems like they won't!!! :thumbsup2

peyton18
12-15-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm old too--36.

What? Old? Please!! :)

I'm 35 & thinking about having my 4th but I'm not sure. Would have to do tubal reversal so I'm not sure I want to have another surgery (3 c-sections).

Anyway, congrats! I must say I feel a little jealous. ;) You're not crazy!!!

laurafergie
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
After having complications with baby number 3. I was told not to have any more children. We took precautions and baby three cried for the first year of her life. Well, when she was 9 months old I thought I had the flu, oh no I was expecting number four. I cried in the Dr. office for an hour before they would let me go home and shre the news with DH. He was shocked as well. We felt like two teeenagers telling our parents because we knew they would be worried. Well, the baby was born and all was well. She turns out to be the best thing that has ever happened in our family a true gift. She is always happy and keeps our lives in perspective of what is important. The lord knows what we need and will provide. She is now 5 years old and the youngest of four sisters and still a pleasure.

I couldn't have written it better - this is exactly what happened with my 4th DD and she is 5 years too. I was 36 when I got pregnant and in the middle of losing DH's business and my business was not doing well. (Ended up closing mine in 2007) We have streamlined everything and I swear the last baby brought the whole family closer together.

Babies are a great gift. It's going to be FABULOUS!

reginaastralis
12-15-2008, 02:44 PM
First off ... congrats!

And secondly, I agree with the other posters who have said things have a way for working themselves out.

My sister is 14 years younger than me, so I can't speak for everything that they went through, but my mom found out she was pregnant the month she was to graduate from college with her teaching degree. She'd gone back and they had worked their hiney's off while my brother and I were young. We weren't poor, but their were times when it felt like it.

My mom had always wanted another, and while my sis was a major surprise, with some getting used to, it's been awesome. It all worked out in the end, and now I don't think any of us could have pictured our family, who we all thought was "done" without the little hellion.

Hope you have a healthy and happy nine months (both of the ladies on this thread!)

emh1129
12-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Everything will work out- you will see! Congratulations!!

Krischaser
12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
I just want to tell everyone here so far that I greatly appreciate all the comments--it does make me feel better. I am in shock though since with both my boys it took forever to have them and that was when we were trying to--thats why I am in shock with this one. I still keep rereading the test. :rotfl2:

Shmily1
12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Congratulations!! My friend at work is 42 and just found out a couple weeks ago that she is having baby #2--#1 is 1 year old!!! About 2 days later, I found out that my DD17 will be having a baby too! They are due 5 days apart!!! I was upset at first but then realized that God wouldn't give her something she can't deal with and that He will make sure it all works out just right! Now, I'm dealing with it just fine and ready to see if we are having a boy or a girl in 32 more weeks!!! Oh, and planning the first trip to WDW.. the first haircut on Main Street, etc!!! :cool1:

FoundMyPrince
12-15-2008, 03:28 PM
:yay:
Congratulations!

MyZoeJane
12-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Okay, take a deep breath..... It's going to be FABULOUS!!!!!

Congratulations! My first was a surprise and I freaked out, too. Had no health insurance, was unmarried, and had a crappy job.

Everything worked out fine. She's going to be 5 tomorrow and we will be trying at the end of the month to get pregnant with our second. (No such luck this last cycle, but if at first you don't succeed....)

My surprise baby is the light of my life and your's will be, too. Just take it one day at a time. As one previous poster said, "There is no "perfect" time to have a baby." They weasel their way in and then you wonder what you ever did without them....

:lovestruc

december
12-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm old too--36.

I'm 36, too. And you can see by my ticker, I'm due in May with my 3rd! My kids are 11 and 9, and for years I told dh I was through. He finally wore me down though. In July, I went off the pill and told him he had until the end of the year before I got an IUD. 6 wks later, we were expecting. We are all so excited though, and I can't wait to meet my new little one.

Donnainnj
12-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I just want to tell everyone here so far that I greatly appreciate all the comments--it does make me feel better. I am in shock though since with both my boys it took forever to have them and that was when we were trying to--thats why I am in shock with this one. I still keep rereading the test. :rotfl2:

There must be something in the air right now. One of my best friends, 40 years old, who adopted a baby this year, after 7 years of infertility, including 4 or 5 rounds of IVF, found out she is pregnant. What a surprise. She didn't even know until she was 9 weeks, and says she won't believe it until the baby is in her arms.
Donna

disneybridetobe
12-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Congrats from one preggo to another!! We're in for a long, hot summer! :scared1:

hinodis
12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I think it's wonderful, congratulations! My mother-in-law had 15 kids, so your third dosn't seem like too many. When I was trying to decide about having a third my Dad said, would you ever regret having another baby? (no) Would you ever regret not having another one (Probably). I have her and she is 11.

KiKi Mouse
12-15-2008, 06:58 PM
No you are not crazy. You are very blessed and lucky.

I have lost two babies in eight months and would give anything to be in your position. Be happy...I am for you :)

All those other things like $$$ etc. will work out.

disneybridetobe
12-15-2008, 07:11 PM
I think it's wonderful, congratulations! My mother-in-law had 15 kids, so your third dosn't seem like too many. When I was trying to decide about having a third my Dad said, would you ever regret having another baby? (no) Would you ever regret not having another one (Probably). I have her and she is 11.

That's some sage advice! We still haven't told my dad yet (lol, I'm 28, and afraid of telling my dad about our SECOND!) Can I tell your dad instead?! :lovestruc

MickeyMomOfThree
12-15-2008, 07:21 PM
My DD6 will tell you that she was mommy and daddy's gift from heaven. She tells me all the time that even though I was happy with my 2 babies that God said we were supposed to have 3. That's her, my little surprise. The best gift I didn't know I wanted. She loves this story (I guess I told it to her so many times :rotfl: but it makes her feel special.)

I found out I was pregnant with her the week before my DH's vacetomy was scheduled. He still had it, and I am glad he did, but glad it wasn't sooner. I really had no idea how much I wanted her, she is amazing, beautiful, smart and the love of our lives!!! I can't imagine a life withoout her in it!!!

ADAMANDLISA
12-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Just remember, if everyone waited until they were financially ready for a child, the population would seriously start to dwindle!!!:thumbsup2

Congrats on #3!:goodvibes

luckyfin
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
There is a "Moms-to-be" thread on the community board, you should come join us!

Gagirl69
12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Congratulations!!! My children are 10 years apart (17 and 7). I was actually content with one child. Well, God had other plans. I remember being so tired and sleepy. I thought I was coming down with something. Yeah, I was...A BABY. I was in total shock. He has been a blessing. I always say he was our surprise. Once the shock wears off, you will get excited. Things will work out, I promise...

rparmfamily
12-15-2008, 08:21 PM
My DD6 will tell you that she was mommy and daddy's gift from heaven. She tells me all the time that even though I was happy with my 2 babies that God said we were supposed to have 3. That's her, my little surprise. The best gift I didn't know I wanted. She loves this story (I guess I told it to her so many times :rotfl: but it makes her feel special.)

I found out I was pregnant with her the week before my DH's vacetomy was scheduled. He still had it, and I am glad he did, but glad it wasn't sooner. I really had no idea how much I wanted her, she is amazing, beautiful, smart and the love of our lives!!! I can't imagine a life withoout her in it!!!

Ditto!!!

I'm due in June with our surprise! I'm also "advanced maternal age" this time around, we were DONE we though!! I'm 14 weeks now and I'm happy but still adjusting LOL! I know we'll be thrilled when the new baby comes but I'm not looking forward to the sleepless nights,etc. Plus DH is missing the birth and won't be home until next Feb. :( My youngest will be almost 7 when the baby comes so I'm starting over too!

Baby things are so cute...enjoy!:lovestruc

Goofyzgurl
12-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Congratulations! We're trying for another one but it hasn't happened yet. I'm pretty old too :) Every thing will work out in the end and it'll even be better than you ever thought it would be. Our girls are 10.5 yrs apart.

we had been trying for a while and had come to terms that we would not have another baby...I was going to buy my bmw z23, dh and I were going to get motorcycles, then a week later, I had the "flu." :goodvibes She has brought a different focus to us and we love it. We've been trying for our third one, but they're not going to be 10.5 yrs apart again. We gave ourselves 6 months then we'll quit trying.

ZPT1022
12-15-2008, 08:58 PM

I completely understand what you're going through after having gone through infertility and then a surprise myself. We lost our surprise and we didn't realize just how much we wanted it until that happened. I will be thinking of you and hoping that you have a better outcome. Good luck and congratulations!

LeeLeeLuvsDisney
12-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Y'all need to stop talking about 36 being old! I'm 36 and we haven't even started trying for #1 yet. We're going to start trying in April.

Congrats to the OP. It will all work itself out, I am certain of that. Enjoy your blessing!

Chris
12-15-2008, 09:28 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Once the shock wears off you'll figure it out! :)

Chris
12-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Well, we can be preggo friends! I just found out this morning too... and DH and I are terribly in debt... and I'm self employed, so when I'm incapacitated, I'm OUT OF WORK. ugh. But I can't think about it too much because I'll stress... Also, if it helps you feel better, I'm OLD so I've got that going for me too :rotfl2:

Congrats to you also! :)

MickeyMomOfThree
12-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Ditto!!!

I'm due in June with our surprise! I'm also "advanced maternal age" this time around, we were DONE we though!! I'm 14 weeks now and I'm happy but still adjusting LOL! I know we'll be thrilled when the new baby comes but I'm not looking forward to the sleepless nights,etc. Plus DH is missing the birth and won't be home until next Feb. :( My youngest will be almost 7 when the baby comes so I'm starting over too!

Baby things are so cute...enjoy!:lovestruc

I assume a military family? In Arizona? Are you at Ft. Huachuca?

rparmfamily
12-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I assume a military family? In Arizona? Are you at Ft. Huachuca?

Yes military family but at Pearl Harbor, HI.

tinytink
12-15-2008, 10:10 PM
No you are not crazy, CONGRATS!!!! We thought we were done after we had our baby girl but then three years ago we were blessed with number 4 and he is mamma's lil boy. With had two boys first so when we found out our third was a girl we went all out and decked everything out with pink, two years later find out we can reuse any of it because we're having another boy. My DD is still the princess but she has had to deal with neutral color things so we can save some $$ and pass them on to her brother, i.e. mickey crocs(she got red vs. pink).

P.S. rparmfamily....CONGRATS to you as well!!!! Enjoy Hawaii!!!

NeedaVacation03
12-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Congrats to the OP and everyone who has a little surprise. I was 39 when God blessed us with our little gift. We always say that God has a sense of humor. My Dh is much older than me , so it was a big surprise. There is 11 yrs difference between my oldest and youngest with 2 more in between. She has truly been a blessing.
Just take a deep breathe, relax and try not to over think it. It will all work out. Enjoy the Holidays.

rparmfamily
12-15-2008, 10:20 PM
I have to ask---what was it like starting over again, for those w/a big spread? I'm just dreading the lack of sleep!! I've been spoiled, both kids are at school all day and I'm used to time for myself, LOL. But I know it will all be MORE than worth it. :)

chris1gill
12-15-2008, 10:23 PM
What? Old? Please!! :)

I'm 35 & thinking about having my 4th but I'm not sure. Would have to do tubal reversal so I'm not sure I want to have another surgery (3 c-sections).

Anyway, congrats! I must say I feel a little jealous. ;) You're not crazy!!!

I agree, not old at all!!! I'm 39, if it were at all possible we would have #3, but it's not possible with any amount of help, so I say CONGRATULATIONS!!! There are more than a few here who are a little jealous :wizard: Enjoy this time, it is so precious and so rare for us during our lives. I agree with the poster who said that things work themselves out, they truly do.

And may I say the shock of finding out if you weren't trying is enough to craze anyone for a night, so relax & CONGRATULATIONS again.

chris1gill
12-15-2008, 10:28 PM
There must be something in the air right now. One of my best friends, 40 years old, who adopted a baby this year, after 7 years of infertility, including 4 or 5 rounds of IVF, found out she is pregnant. What a surprise. She didn't even know until she was 9 weeks, and says she won't believe it until the baby is in her arms.
Donna

This just brought tears to my eyes, she has been doubly blessed...

I just want to congratulate everyone who found out today :goodvibes and all those who are expecting a huge Congratulations....

dallasnjess
12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I just found out I'm pregnant with number 4! My other 3 are all 14 months apart, ages 4 (Nov. 2nd), 2 (Jan. 9th) and 1 (March 22nd) so this one was a HUGE suprise! We were discussing number 4 but weren't so sure but apparently we're sure now! I'm due the middle of August and we're planning on DW trip the end of Sept. so I believe if anyone is crazy, it would be me!

The Disney Bunch
12-16-2008, 05:10 AM
old? at 36? please!- that is insulting to all mothers! There never is a perfect time and every time is perfect- you take it in stride & move on- things will work out- you are stressing about losing your job possibly in 1 1/2 years? come on! Things can be SO much different by then - don't stress about that! Think about the gift that you are given.

I had my twins at 36 & my youngest at 38.

happygirl
12-16-2008, 05:28 AM
Congrats!!!!

TupperMom7
12-16-2008, 07:18 AM
If everyone waited until they could afford to have a baby, nobody would have a baby!:rotfl2: You are not crazy, you are blessed. Savor each and every moment of your pregnancy and pray for your baby each day. And sleep as much as you can because once the baby is born, sleep ends - which I am sure you know since this is not your first child. :rotfl:

We have five children. When we had three, I wanted one more. It just felt like our life was not complete. God surprised us with twins - now our family is complete. :love:

Krischaser
12-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks I knew I could count on my disney friends to cheer me up and calm my nerves some. All this input is really helping when I get all panicky. See my husband and I both work for the same company that is why I am nervous. Also congrats to the other posters who just found out also. I would definetly like to stay in touch. Is there a huge difference between 2 and 3? I agree like I feel like a teenager telling my parents--whew I think I'll wait til after christmas...or maybe not....I don't know. :santa:

Todd&Copper
12-16-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm old too--36.

I'll be 35 in January and DH and I have decided to start trying for children now. Nice to know that means I will be an "old" mom.

december
12-16-2008, 08:26 AM
*We disers didn't just decide that over 35 is "old". The medical profession labels anyone pregnant and over 35 as being of advanced maternal age (AMA). Some doctors make a big deal over it. Mine has not. I did get an early (9wk) sonogram for no reason (here it is normal to have one around 20 wks), and I'm sure it is because of my age. But it was never brought up.

As for telling my parents-I made my kids call them and tell them! I knew my mother would throw a fit. She did, but now everyone is ok with it.

I'm excited to be starting over in my 30s. I'm much happier with myself now than I was in my 20s, and dh and I are better off financially-even with the crummy economy. My kids (ds11 and dd9) are old enough to really help, too. This baby will be spoiled rotten, and that is ok, too.:goodvibes

*Not intending this post for anyone in particular-just pointing out why some people stated they are old!

Colinsmom
12-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Well, add me to the list. We found out almost two weeks ago that we were expecting our third - so almost 6 weeks along now - but yesterday found out that we are expecting our third AND fourth! It's early, so I'm not panicking yet because things can change, but we really were planning to be done after three (like PERMANENTLY done). My two boys will be 7yo and 3.5yo when the babies come along.

ETA: I'm 36yo and will turn 37yo next September, a month or so after they are born.

yarlenna
12-16-2008, 09:02 AM

About 40 years ago, that happened to me. Was it easy? NO. Just know that this child is here for a reason. Yes, I believe is God - and know that lots of people have surprise childern. I have read of one - the Christmas story.

MickeyMomOfThree
12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes military family but at Pearl Harbor, HI.

My bad, I read "Watching the sunset ON the Arizona" too fast and read it as IN Arizona. We were stationed at Ft. Huachuca 15 years ago, never did get Hawaii...;)

Thanks for your service and that of your DH. As a military wife I know your sacrifise is big too, so thank you, and take care...

MickeyMomOfThree
12-16-2008, 10:04 AM
As for going for 3, it was no problem at all. The easiest transition in my opinion.

As for telling the family. When I finally broke the news to my family the response was "oh, no"... but it was just shock, and it was quickly the greatest surprise. We couldn't afford her either but somehow we make do and all is great now.

stahshee
12-16-2008, 10:16 AM
my dd 16 tells me all the time if I have anothor one she will run away:laughing: and I tell her well take me with you:laughing: ... congrats:thumbsup2 I would love to try for one more in about 2 years. I will be really old then:rolleyes1 .....congrats to you:cloud9:

ckoncurat
12-16-2008, 10:18 AM
I had two unplanned pregnancies- I was shocked at first both times, but now I'm just grateful. Money comes and goes- children are priceless.

eventamy
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Congratulations!
My first baby (I have 2 daughters) was a surprise and came at a "bad" time and everything has worked out wonderfully!
When I found out I was pregnant with her (now 5) I had just gotten a new job in a profession I'd been wanting for a long time, my DH was unemployed and we lived in a house built in 1779 with a furnace almost as old! It all worked out and now she has a 19 month old sister! They're amazing!

southernbelle5672
12-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Congratulations! I know it can be scary, but try not to worry too much. Everything will work out in the end. :goodvibes

here757
12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
IF ur crazy... then so am i!!
i am 33ish LOL i have been lying about my age for so long its hard to keep up with . and im 12 weeks pregnant..
i have no job LOL and a 5 year old..
lucky for me my husband is a good good man.
and the other posters are right.
there is no prefect time. i had a trip to disney planned for june/. but im due in june. so thats been postponed..NOT CANCELED lol
my mom told me when i was pregnant the first time. if you would have waited til you thought you could afford a kid u wouldnt ever get pregnant.
things just seem to work out. and she was soo right.

shelby101301
12-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Add me to the "old" moms who just had #3 (last month). I will be 40 in a month and my newest guy is 5 weeks old. I agree, babies are a blessing!

I too am self employed and have lost money by not working... and at a time when my business is barely hanging on with this crappy economy! But I don't care, I'm so in love with this child. He will always be a blessing.

Btw, I found going from 1 -2 really hard, but so far going 2-3 has been pretty easy!

rparmfamily
12-16-2008, 03:02 PM
All the comments about going from 2 to 3 are making me feel better, LOL. I hope the OP is feeling better too! :)

december
12-16-2008, 03:55 PM
IF ur crazy... then so am i!!
i am 33ish LOL i have been lying about my age for so long its hard to keep up with . and im 12 weeks pregnant..
i have no job LOL and a 5 year old..
lucky for me my husband is a good good man.
and the other posters are right.
there is no prefect time. i had a trip to disney planned for june/. but im due in june. so thats been postponed..NOT CANCELED lol
my mom told me when i was pregnant the first time. if you would have waited til you thought you could afford a kid u wouldnt ever get pregnant.
things just seem to work out. and she was soo right.

I had a trip to WDW planned for July 2009-had already paid the deposit on a 3 bedroom townhome in Windsor Hills. Dh has never gone with us, and had agreed to go this time, if we stayed offsite and he could golf while we do the parks. Luckily, the owners are wonderful and transferred my deposit to July 2010. Even better, the townhome comes with all the baby stuff we'll need-pack and play, high chair, etc.!

Also, we live in a little 3 bedroom, and we don't even know where we'll put the baby! For the first year, he or she will be in our room, and we'll just work from there. I don't care-I'm having a baby!:goodvibes

cocoswife
12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Add me to the "old" mom list!!! I'm 38 and i just had my princess: :yay: We've been married for 7 years and my husband wanted to wait until we were prepared financially to have a baby. Guess what? It never happened, we have had our old house in the market for over a year and I could get laid off from work at any moment, so, lesson learned. We just had our baby and we are doing just fine!!

Seriously, I asked my obgyn about been high risk due to my age and he practically laughed at me. He said they don't consider high risk due to age after 45, so, I guess we are all young "old" moms :rotfl:

Congratulations and welcome to the Y(young)O(old)M(mom) club!!

rparmfamily
12-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I had a trip to WDW planned for July 2009-had already paid the deposit on a 3 bedroom townhome in Windsor Hills. Dh has never gone with us, and had agreed to go this time, if we stayed offsite and he could golf while we do the parks. Luckily, the owners are wonderful and transferred my deposit to July 2010. Even better, the townhome comes with all the baby stuff we'll need-pack and play, high chair, etc.!

Also, we live in a little 3 bedroom, and we don't even know where we'll put the baby! For the first year, he or she will be in our room, and we'll just work from there. I don't care-I'm having a baby!:goodvibes

LOL us too!! We live in a small townhome right now that has 2 small bedrooms (like 10x11 and 11x12) and my master, which is on the small side but not bad. Baby will be w/us until we move March 2010.
:laughing:

We were planning on Japan in May 2009 and now we won't be able to go, period. :(

hambirg
12-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Congratulations! I'm excited for you. I'm 43 and my baby making days are behind me.

Just let me tell you, my 2nd was 9mos old (we tried for a year to get pregnant with him) and my husband had just gotten laid off when I found out I was pregnant again. I was in shock so I know how you feel! I think I took 3 pregnancy tests and kept saying, "There's got to be something wrong with these things." :rotfl2: I finally went to my Mom's and took test #4. I was crying and she was laughing. . .she was thrilled. She was right. My DD6 is such a joy. I can't imagine life without her. It was kind of a weird time too because I was about 3 months pregnant with her when 9/11 happened. I remember worrying about what kind of world I was going to be bringing her into and wondering if I was nuts. . . but it all worked out, and it will for you too. Congrats again. YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!! :cool1:

Jaycey'smom
12-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Not Crazy at all!! Our DD turned 11 Dec.7 and would love a little sibling! We would love another baby but it has not happened. So feel Blessed!!

mom2princessj
12-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Congrats!
We were SHOCKED with #2. DD was only 6 mos old when I found myself pregnant again. I had 2 miscarriages prior to dd and a very HARD pregnancy with dd (high risk, bed rest) so I was insanely angry about having another so soon and going through all of it over again. but everything happens for a reason and God NEVER gives you more than you can handle. DS is such a loving mommy's boy I can't ever imagine how life would have gone if he hadn't come along when he did. I was mad my entire pregnancy and dd didn't get as much attention since I was high risk but in the end she's got a lifelong best friend and our family is DEFINITELY complete.
It will work out...you'll see. Don't stress...enjoy your pregnancy!

Krischaser
12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I can't help but be extremely nervous when all you hear on the news is all the lay offs and cut backs...anyone else? I still have not told anyone either. :rolleyes2

MinnieForMe
12-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Congratulations! Once the shock wears off, you'll be thrilled. Our third child is the love of my life. She is an absolute delight. It's so much more relaxing the third time around as you already know what to expect and how to parent (well on most days). Besides, babies don't care about designer clothes and how much money you have, they just need lots of love and the basics!

jenjersnap
12-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I can't help but be extremely nervous when all you hear on the news is all the lay offs and cut backs...anyone else? I still have not told anyone either. :rolleyes2

Yes, I am nervous about that too.

I tested +++ on 12/15 and I am scared to death. We were not trying and not preventing but I had a M/C at 13 weeks on October 20 ... I hemorrhaged, 911, ambulance, was half an hour from death according to my OB, surgery, two days in the hospital, 4 blood transfusions ... VERY scary. Here we are again and I am not mentally prepared though, of course, totally and completely thrilled that we might have a new little soul come into our family. I hope this one makes it but it is all overwhelming, including the state of the world.

Kimkimba
12-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Congratulations! We worried with my last pregnancy as I was a SAHM and dh was self-employed. But life has a way of working itself out.

I'm fast approaching 43, and my kiddos are 1, 5, 11, and 20. And I never considered myself old with the last one, only the medical community did.

Cynt
12-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Congrats and rest assure that God has everything under control.

I'm divorce, childless and 38. I would be super excited if I was married and pregnant. I have several friends who decided to go the career path and now would do anything to turn back the clock and be married and raising kids. So enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Most of them have hit 40, still single and are considering adoption. I'm still holding out that Mr. Right is out there somewhere. I always laugh at myself because I tell my friends whoever he is I hope he's ready because time is of the essence and I need to pop out 3 real fast. :rotfl2: I don't have any time to waste. I use to want 4 but when I hit 38 I dropped it to 3. I have 6 siblings so having one or two is out of the question. I just think they would be lonely and who are you going to blame for breaking stuff around the house. It was great growing up as a kid.

Again congrats and treasure this time. There are soooo many single women who would love to be in your shoes right now.

GoingtoWDWagain
12-19-2008, 03:13 PM
My third one was a big surprise, totally not prepared and thought our family was complete. We spent the entire nine months in shock, kinda walking in a daze. Before we were expecting we were saving for our first house. We thought now having a third child would set us back. Instead we purchased our first house two months before having our precious third child and we have the best family ever!!!! It will work out, children are blessings from God!!! I wish you and your family all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinkercat
12-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Perhaps I'll make you feel better.

We went to Disney 11/20-11/27 and while there decided to make the purchase of a lifetime...our Christmas gift to each other...a DVC contract at Bay Lake Towers.

Fast forward to 11 days after we signed our paperwork (1 day past our cancellation window), and DH gets laid off.

Fast forward again to friday, and low and behold, we brought home an unexpected souvenir from Disney. I'm pregnant with baby #4 and due in August. Like you, OP, we were taking precautions and this was totally unexpected.

Needless to say, I'm in a lovely state about all of this. When we chose to purchase our DVC contract, we were in a very secure place financially. Now, with this layoff (which we never expected), we are feeling petrified. DH is looking for work, but with the economy in its current state...well, you know.

Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't alone! We can be crazy together!

Missin'Disney
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I'll also chime in to let you know that it WILL be okay. Think positively. I'll tell you I've been down the "surprise!!" road twice and everything must happen for a reason. I remember DH & I crying with the second. (DD was about 9 months at the time - we were still getting over the shock of HER!! We weren't even engaged when I found out i was pregnant, and there we were a year later, married, with a 9-month old and pregnant AGAIN. Total surprise, I hadn't gotten my period back and was still nursing, couldn't figure out how I was pregnant but that's a whole 'nother story!
Anyway, the girls are now best friends & I seriously couldn't imagine not having them both. We even went on to try for #3 & now my son is 18 months and everything is just fine. We've even taken 3 family trips to Disney, so life is good. Please try to stay positive and things will work out in the end! :hug:

Now, if only we hit the Lottery or something so I could buy a bigger house & try for #4!! That would be a dream-come-true. After growing up an only child I think the-more-the-merrier at this point!

Good luck with the pregnancies to all of you!

funforfive
12-22-2008, 12:32 PM
We, too were not trying to have our 3rd..there is only 14 months between #2 and #3, but as many have said, I can't imagine our family without him!!

Congrats!! Enjoy your pregnancy and the miracle you have created!!!

luvmy3jewels
12-22-2008, 12:34 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

As all of the above posters have said...everything will work itself out just fine. I was also someone who was blessed with a suprise (my third child) and she has been a complete and total joy. Going from 2 to 3 was a piece of cake and dd was by far my easiest baby. She has always acted so happy to just be here and she is content following her big brother and sister around.

Yes, the economy sucks right now, but hopefully things will pick up soon. My job is affiliated with an indusrtry that was hit hard over the last year and I'm slowly seeing signs that things may be picking up.

Good luck and hope that your pregnancy goes smoothly!!

littleshamrock
12-22-2008, 01:52 PM
It will all work out. You are very blessed, no matter how you look at it. CONGRATS!!

Krischaser
12-22-2008, 02:41 PM
I just want to say how much I LOVE you guys on the disboards. When I had no where else to turn or talk to it was you guys that helped me get through the "shock" phase. It does help to know that I'm not alone in this situation that others are too. Hopefully we can keep each other all update through our pregnancies. Congrats to all the others who found out they were pregnant also and some of the stories made me giggle "little souviner":goodvibes Oh by the way at our holiday party my sister in law announced she was pregnant also...we don't get along too well right now:rolleyes1 Thanks for every comment and story they are really helping.:thumbsup2

tar heel
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
My third was born on my 38th birthday. His big brothers were 10 and 6. We had tried for a third earlier, but had decided our family was complete at that point. It's hard to describe how much fun we've always had with him. He's 14 now and definitely is keeping us young. Both of his brothers are nuts about babies -- I know that's b/c we had one in the house!