PDA

View Full Version : I bought a Dyson!

DisneyFan32WI
12-15-2008, 12:05 AM
I can't find the thread anymore, but I just wanted to tell everyone that I went to Costco and bought a purple Dyson "Animal." It was $349 which included a $50 instant manufacturer's rebate.
I want to thank everyone on the DIS for providing such great reviews on this product. That was all the motivation I needed to go ahead with the purchase.
The second I started to use it, I could noticeabley tell the difference. What suction power this bad boy has!
Thanks again to everyone!!! This was a big investment to make, but it was well worth it.

Disney Hot Mama
12-15-2008, 12:16 AM
I can't find the thread anymore, but I just wanted to tell everyone that I went to Costco and bought a purple Dyson "Animal." It was $349 which included a $50 instant manufacturer's rebate.
I want to thank everyone on the DIS for providing such great reviews on this product. That was all the motivation I needed to go ahead with the purchase.
The second I started to use it, I could noticeabley tell the difference. What suction power this bad boy has!
Thanks again to everyone!!! This was a big investment to make, but it was well worth it.

I hope you don't have the problems we have had with our.....When we started using this we could notice the difference. Yes the suction is fantastic and the unit is easy to clean - empty the dirt out.

The problem we have had with ours twice is the clutch went out. It was covered by the lifetime warranty but the second time was a pain becasue it had just been in the shop! Keep your warranty info handy just in case...
Enjoy your new Dyson.

rcraw45425
12-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Did you get the floor attachment? That has become my new best froend with two Shih Tzus and orienta rugs and hardwood. Really picks up the dust/hair bunnies!

Aunt Cawa
12-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Congratulations! I love my Dyson!:thumbsup2

TotalSnowWhite
12-15-2008, 09:04 AM
We got the pink one at Target on Black Friday and have to force ourselves not to vacuum twice a day! :laughing: You'll love it!

On a related note, my friend told me I was too grown up if I got excited about a vacuum. :rotfl:

DisneyFan32WI
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
It does come with a few floor attachments........all which I have no clue how to use...I am SO not the homemaker!!

.......It is a sad day when you get excited about a vacuum. The $349 could've bought me a plane ticket to Disney and a one day park hopper pass. Should I return the vacuum?? LOL

Maddle
12-17-2008, 03:29 AM
I bought one at Costco too. I had just read the thread a day or two before I went with DH on Saturday. There was the Dyson on sale. Believe it or not it was my HUSBAND that could not resist - and when I told him I had just read all these positive reviews, he just popped it into the cart. What a deal!

I think it is supposed to be "our" Christmas present, so I haven't tried it out just yet. Can't wait. Is it true that it doesn't lose suction?

Maddle

rparmfamily
12-17-2008, 03:50 AM
Congrats!!! We love our Dyson too!!! It's crazy how much sand/dirt you'll get in the canister the first few times you vacuum!!

We bought ours several years ago (DC07 Full Kit) and it still works great. :) Even DH likes to vacuum w/it LOL. The suction on the hose is incredible! LOL

JoiseyMom
12-17-2008, 06:33 AM
I ordered the DC17 Animal one last nite at Kohls. It was on sale for 60.00 less then they usually have it...and I got another 30% off...so saved another 162.00!! Shipping was free!! I should get it next week!! I can't wait!

rcraw45425
12-17-2008, 07:00 AM
I ordered the DC17 Animal one last nite at Kohls. It was on sale for 60.00 less then they usually have it...and I got another 30% off...so saved another 162.00!! Shipping was free!! I should get it next week!! I can't wait!

That's great, I paid full price at Best Buy when it first came out.

This is the floor attachment I'm talking about:

http://www.dyson.com/store/parts.asp?accessory=ACC-DC07FT-SY&product=DC17-ANIMAL

JoiseyMom
12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
That's great, I paid full price at Best Buy when it first came out.

This is the floor attachment I'm talking about:

http://www.dyson.com/store/parts.asp?accessory=ACC-DC07FT-SY&product=DC17-ANIMAL

Yup...mine comes with that!! I got mine for like 377!! Not bad...dyson sells it for 550...Kohls normal price is 600!! I am a very happy camper :cool1: . I want to clean!!

I have 1 dog (chow coat) and 2 kitties...I have FUZZIES everywhere!!

DisneyFan32WI
12-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Yes! That floor attachment came with my Dyson.

pixiewings71
12-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Congrats!!! You will all love them!!! I love mine, it's great! We use it on carpets, tiles and the hardwood!! We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and it really does help.

JRoyster86
12-17-2008, 01:28 PM
So jealous! I was vacuuming yesterday with my crappy near death vacuum and was imagining myself vacuuming with a shiny new Dyson! DF laughed at me when I told him!