PDA

View Full Version : Those $8 Super 8 Rooms

eclairemom
12-14-2008, 08:01 PM
That I was trying so hard to win a few months ago. I was crazy trying to win one of those rooms form my trip and stay in Brunswick, GA on the way down. I was SOOOO happy I didn't win when I realized after eating dinner at this really good seafood place in Brunswick that the building next door was the Super 8, it looked like it should have been closed and torn down and we thought it was closed till we saw lights on in the lobby and cars parked out front. It was a scary sight.:scared:

carj
12-14-2008, 08:47 PM
I did manage to get one of the SUper 8 $8.88 rooms. Unfortunately, mine was in Galveston! Since most of the hotel rooms were being used by people without homes after the hurricane, we didn't end up making the trip. Since it was non-reundable, I never even tried to re-book or anything. I figured my $10 was sort of petty in comparisson to the suffering that was/is happening there.

My parents got one of the $8.88 rooms for one of their nights in Branson and they thought that it was fine.

I hope that the island is able to accomodate tourists this summer, not for my sake but for the sake of the tourism industry there. If things look like they will be open, we will make our Galveston trip then.

victorandbellasmom
12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I was luck enough to get an $8.88 room and did my homework prior to trying. We got it in langley, british columbia and we were surprised by how lovely it was. There was an indoor water slide as well as a decent continental breakfast. Here's a link to photos of the hotel. http://www.super8langley.com/photo-gallery/ Dh and I will probably take the kids up there during the winter. It's a lot less expensive than paying for great wolf lodge.

Lollipop's Mom
12-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Hey that is 5 mins from my house! We were trying for a room there so we could just go use the waterslide! LOL.
Its a great hotel. My friends who live 3 hours away stay there all the time and we go swim. Its brand new and really nice!

strmtroopr96
12-14-2008, 11:56 PM
I was able to snag one of the rooms as well (booked a King Suite) but we ever did use it. I booked it for the night before flying out for our September WDW vacation but 1/2 of the group didn't want to stay over. They never did take the $10 out of my account though.

Did anyone who who booked a room but didn't use it get charged?

lisajl
12-15-2008, 05:46 AM
I got a room for here in Ohio, can't remember where ! LOL!!
At any rate, after I got it I went on the website and was appalled at how the place looked. We did not go and yes they charged my credit card for it.

LL

Shmily1
12-15-2008, 06:06 AM
That I was trying so hard to win a few months ago. I was crazy trying to win one of those rooms form my trip and stay in Brunswick, GA on the way down. I was SOOOO happy I didn't win when I realized after eating dinner at this really good seafood place in Brunswick that the building next door was the Super 8, it looked like it should have been closed and torn down and we thought it was closed till we saw lights on in the lobby and cars parked out front. It was a scary sight.:scared:

You must have eaten at Captain Joes!! We went by there again on Saturday and the entire outside of the Super 8 is boarded up like they are doing renovations. It use to not be a bad hotel and always smelled like cleaners, bleach, pine-sol, etc. but that was about 12 years ago.

Anyway, there are LOTS of great places to eat around Brunswick!! We go there alot to shop and just to go to dinner, not to mention, that's the way we have to go to get to WDW!!!:thumbsup2

3DisneyBuggs
12-15-2008, 07:48 AM
We booked a Super 8 once in Williamsburg and didn't even check in. The place was scary- it was 11pm and hotel guests were hanging out all over the walkways drinking. We ended up finding a nice Travelodge to spend the night. So from now on when we travel I stick with a Mariott.

strmtroopr96
12-15-2008, 02:59 PM
I got a room for here in Ohio, can't remember where ! LOL!!
At any rate, after I got it I went on the website and was appalled at how the place looked. We did not go and yes they charged my credit card for it.

LL

Hmmm...I wonder why they never charged me? Just checked my bank account and the $13 is still sitting in there. LOL I don't use my account there much so that's the only $$ in it for months now. Knowing my luck, if I go to take the $$ out, that's when they will finally go to take it. :scared:

We did actually call just before our ressie to cancel it because I didn't realize it had a no-cancel policy until they told DH over the phone. So maybe they were being nice and did cancel it? :confused3

CanadianMinnie
12-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I was lucky enough to get 6 rooms for all my family to stay in Bangor for the night before our trip to WDW. Because of Delta changing the airport for most of our party, only 3 rooms were used. They were extremely rude at check-in to my husband, but they never charged us for any of the rooms. I assumed it was because he did complain about the poor treatment to the customer service hotline :confused3
I had also got 2 nights in Freeport back in September, and was charged properly for $10 each night.