PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us Ad

Gagirl69
12-14-2008, 07:34 PM
It looks like they have Rockband 2 special edition for the xbox for $109.99. Is this right? That comes with drums, microphone, guitar and game. Am I reading this right? I didn't get to look at my paper until now. I'm going to go first thing in the morning. Maybe sold out already.

dumboiu
12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Yes, you are reading it correctly. Good luck getting one tomorrow!

Gagirl69
12-14-2008, 10:14 PM
OMG, I called TRU to see if they had any of the Rockband 2 for xbox. The guy told me they had 2 left. So, I zzzzzoooooommmmed over there and got it. Yay!!! I almost feel like I stole it. You also get a $25.00 giftcard. I turned around and got my son some star wars lego thingy. So, for $136.00 I got Rock band 2, a big crayon bank, and the star wars lego. Pretty good deal. If anybody needs one, this is the time to grab it.

strmtroopr96
12-14-2008, 11:59 PM
We got ours for the Wii last week at Circuit City for $89. Totally lucked out that they still had a few a few days after the sale started because other stores (Walmart, TRU, etc.) were out. Hoping my 9 yr old DD likes it...I'm think DH really wanted it for himself! LOL

angeleigh
12-15-2008, 05:21 AM
We got ours for the Wii last week at Circuit City for $89. Totally lucked out that they still had a few a few days after the sale started because other stores (Walmart, TRU, etc.) were out. Hoping my 9 yr old DD likes it...I'm think DH really wanted it for himself! LOL

You got Rock Band II for WII for$89? WOW

Mom2Satan&Daisy
12-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Was that the FULL Rockband 2 kit? or is it the one without the drums? I can't believe I missed it.

MickeyMomOfThree
12-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Is Rock Band better than Guitar Hero? I don't know much about the 2, I know my DD's friends have Guitar Hero and they have enjoyed it. I got Guitar Hero World Tour for Wii with 2 guitars last week at Target for $89. Will they like it? I don't kow if I should return it and pick up Rock Band instead.

Mom2Satan&Daisy
12-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Is Rock Band better than Guitar Hero? I don't know much about the 2, I know my DD's friends have Guitar Hero and they have enjoyed it. I got Guitar Hero World Tour for Wii with 2 guitars last week at Target for $89. Will they like it? I don't kow if I should return it and pick up Rock Band instead.
they are similar. I guess at this point..just look at the song selection and see which ones they would like better.

if this is the whole kit...it comes with a guitar, mic, and drums.

Gagirl69
12-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Was that the FULL Rockband 2 kit? or is it the one without the drums? I can't believe I missed it.

Yeah, FULL Rockband 2 kit. With the $25.00 giftcard you get, I actually got it for $85.00. I was doing my happy dance!!!! :banana:

Mom2Satan&Daisy
12-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Yeah, FULL Rockband 2 kit. With the $25.00 giftcard you get, I actually got it for $85.00. I was doing my happy dance!!!! :banana:

ugh.... I was awake yesterday morning too!!!!

Now...do i try to go there now or not. :scratchin

Gagirl69
12-15-2008, 06:03 AM
ugh.... I was awake yesterday morning too!!!!

Now...do i try to go there now or not. :scratchin

I didn't go until 10:00 last night. Mine had one more left. Hey, it's worth a shot. You could call to check before you go. Good Luck!!!

Mom2Satan&Daisy
12-15-2008, 06:08 AM
I didn't go until 10:00 last night. Mine had one more left. Hey, it's worth a shot. You could call to check before you go. Good Luck!!!

My toys r us will no longer tell you if anything is in stock. they stopped doing that a couple years ago. Apparently someone said yes, it wasn't and a huge mess happened.

We have Rockband and I bought the Rockband 2 game, so it's not like we need it. lol. I just wanted to get my DD the upgraded drums.

I think I'll just keep what we have. Thanks though!!

mjrich73
12-15-2008, 06:55 AM
You got Rock Band II for WII for$89? WOW

I think she meant regular Rock Band... Rock Band 2 for Wii is not even scheduled to be released until this Thursday, Dec. 18th.

Mom2Satan&Daisy
12-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Ok, I ran to my Toys R Us. they have about 20 left!!!

I got my kit and my gift card(which says: card will be valid 12 hours after activation.) so I have to go back tomorrow to use the gift card :rolleyes:

Now I have the Rockband 2 game that I can't exchange. I got it last week with the buy 2 get $20 off. and they won't let me exchange it. I can get the $40 back for it though.

mindyd
12-15-2008, 08:23 AM
I am so upset I had just ordered it for 189.00 saw the Ad ran over Toys R Us and they were out already that was Yesterday a Hour after they opened.

AllesonWonderland
12-15-2008, 10:48 AM
So glad I saw this thread!! My brother works at a a game store and they had an employee appreciation sale this weekend--25% off everything, so I had him pick this up for us. Well, he'll be taking it back now! ;) Called my TRU right at 8 when I opened the thread and they said they had a few left. Drove straight over and by the time I got there I snagged the last one. Whew! Plus, I still had the $10 off a $100 purchase coupon from the big book. Sweet! Thanks again!

Mom2Satan&Daisy
12-15-2008, 10:52 AM
I am so upset I had just ordered it for 189.00 saw the Ad ran over Toys R Us and they were out already that was Yesterday a Hour after they opened.

Awww...that sucks!:sad2:

strmtroopr96
12-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I think she meant regular Rock Band... Rock Band 2 for Wii is not even scheduled to be released until this Thursday, Dec. 18th.

Yeah, hubby says we have the regular one. LOL Don't ask me...video games are all a blur! :lmao: Too bad that the Wii one coming out on the 18th isn't included in this sale or I would try and get that version instead. But I'm sure it will be 2x the price of what we just bought so we can wait.

Gagirl69
12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Ok, I ran to my Toys R Us. they have about 20 left!!!

I got my kit and my gift card(which says: card will be valid 12 hours after activation.) so I have to go back tomorrow to use the gift card :rolleyes:

Now I have the Rockband 2 game that I can't exchange. I got it last week with the buy 2 get $20 off. and they won't let me exchange it. I can get the $40 back for it though.

Great, you got one. I can't believe they had 20 left. Do people not know about this? Hmmm, I was able to use my gift card right away. The girl said she'd only worked there a week. Maybe she wasn't suppose to push the card through. Oh well..