PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: INCREDIBLE Customer Service

JoiseyMom
12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I got the shock of my life tonite. DS's (7) DS Lite broke, again, yesterday. We have had it for 2 years. It broke in 1/2 after 6 months!! We were charged 50.00 plus shipping for it to be fixed. I was very sorry I didn't buy the extended warranties at that time. DD(12) had her's break this August. A hinge was coming apart. It would have cost with shipping 82.00 to fix. Well we didn;t have time at that point, since we needed it for our vacation. I was not taking her on a 6 hour plane ride without a DS to play on!! Plus we had already bought guitar hero for it to keep her busy!! We just purchased her a new one, with a 3 year extended warranty.

I had planned on going out tomorrow and buying a brand new one for DS, with the warranty. Well after DH spoke to Nintendo on the phone yesterday and was told the price..I was not happy (even though I knew what they were going to say). I went back to their website and wrote them and email saying how disappointed I was in their products. I really felt that they should hold up better especially since children were playing with them. I also said that it was time I looked into the PSP for my son and see how their game system held up.

Now..I didn't put down my phone number..but they had my email, which the used to track down my info in their database, and they emailed me (which I didn't see until later since I wasn't on the computer) and they said they were going to call to follow up. Well DH picked up the phone and of course was confused, since I forgot to mention the email. I never expected to hear anything other than a, so sorry can't help. I also never expected any kind of response on a Sunday evening!!

Ok...for a one time deal..they are going to fix DS, DS lite for FREE!! We have to pay shipping!! Since his problem is software and not broken hardware like DD. Nintendo was willing, even though DD is in pieces since DH tried to fix it himself :confused3 . So we will pay the 75.00 for DD to get it fixed, and have a spare (or should I say DH is getting a DS ...lol a pink one for Chanukah)!!

I am very happy and very pleased with this. I didn't ask for it just wanted to let them know I wasn't a happy customer!! Well now I am a very happy customer.

For anyone buying their kids DS Lites...please please buy the extended warranty!! Or check out what is covered..since they are all different. I have read bad things about the warranty from Target. We got our warranty at Sam's..but have not had to use it yet.

chemysterygal
12-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Can you share what you have heard about the Target warranty? I bought DS one from there just last week - if I need to, I can always return it and get one elsewhere. TIA!

JoiseyMom
12-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Can you share what you have heard about the Target warranty? I bought DS one from there just last week - if I need to, I can always return it and get one elsewhere. TIA!

I read some reviews of it at Target.com. I went to look to see what their warranty covered, and I looked under reviews. And I read 2 reviews of ppl that bought it, and they did nothing for them for their DS. They said their repairs weren't covered.