PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Stockings that aren't too expensive?

mafibisha
12-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Target has some really cute Christmas stockings with the little stuffed animal part attached, but are $12.99.

I need to buy 4 this year for a one time gift - in other words, not to be used and refilled year after year after year....

So I really don't want to pay that much considering all the stuff I'll be placing inside.

And yet they're super cute and cuddly too, and I know the kids would like them.

So, do any of you SUPER SHOPPER DISSERS know where they might have something similar but for less money?

TIA !!!

momsavealot
12-14-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't have a clear answer, but I did notice in the circulars today that Michaels has their Christmas decorating stuff at 75% off. I would also check Walmart's Chrstimas decorating section.

sameyeyam
12-14-2008, 03:36 PM
How about going to a Dollar Store and getting some fairly cheap stockings. Then getting a cute little stuffed animal to peek out of the top. Overall you would probably spend less money and they will probably get more use/play out of something (stuffed animal) that is less seasonal.

donald&daisy
12-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Our Dollar Tree had some really cute stockings. I was impressed, of course I bought expensive one last year, but if I didn't already have some I would have bought them.

hambirg
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I second Dollar Tree. I saw some pretty cute ones the other day.

jacksmom
12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
I bought the really big ones at the Dollar Tree a couple of years ago! They are Huge! My kid loves his! But, you need a lot of stuff to fill it!:rotfl:

Illuminations_Rocks
12-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Lowe's had some cute ones that were fairly inexpensive and I think they might be 50% off now?

mafibisha
12-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Our Dollar Tree had some really cute stockings. I was impressed, of course I bought expensive one last year, but if I didn't already have some I would have bought them.

I second Dollar Tree. I saw some pretty cute ones the other day.

Wow you guys, thank you ALL for your ideas!

So the Dollar Tree stockings, can you describe them just a little? Did they have the animals attached?
(Someone said the two of the four had noticed the stuffed animal stockings and mentioned them, but I guess its not totally necessary.)

And I like the idea of a plain stocking with a stuffed animal too, sameyeyam!

You guys are great, thank you.

Any other ideas?

themeparkmom
12-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Cracker Barrel had a variety of really cute stockings yesterday for 40% off. All of their Christmas stuff was 40-60% off. I picked up a bunch of ornaments for 80 cents each to decorate the tops of packages. I think Cracker Barrel's Christmas stuff always looks much more expensive than it actually is.

horseshowmom
12-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Cracker Barrel had a variety of really cute stockings yesterday for 40% off. All of their Christmas stuff was 40-60% off. I picked up a bunch of ornaments for 80 cents each to decorate the tops of packages. I think Cracker Barrel's Christmas stuff always looks much more expensive than it actually is.

I was going to suggest Cracker Barrel too. They had some really cute ones (large too) for around $5 (and that was before they went on sale).

unfreshdiva1
12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
I just bought 9 huge stockings for $1 each at The Dollar Store. They had tons of different style/sizes (even some special for pets).