PDA

View Full Version : Girls Plus Size Jeans

nena
12-14-2008, 01:19 PM
DD is 6 going on 7 in February. It is hard to find her any pants that fit. Usually we get her capris in a size 10!! She needs the the width and the length is ok because they are capris. Well, the weather is getting colder and she can no longer wear her capris. Its time for some pants.
Yesterday, while shopping at Khols, I found her Levi's, adjustable size 8 1/2 plus, Stretch Flare jeans for 19.99. These pants gave her room in the waist but, I just spent 2 hours hemming 3 inches off the bottom.:scared1:

DD hasnt worn long pants in over 2 years. DH and I think they look great on her. So, where else can I find plus size jeans?

I'm also thinking about investing in a sewing machine. Any budget recommendations? I would onle use it to make alterations on the kids clothes. TIA!!

luv2nascar
12-14-2008, 01:27 PM
JC penney has a great girls plus size section. Also check sears.

Mkaz
12-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Have you tried JcPenny or Sears? They both sell girls plus clothing. We are partial to JcPenny though. They have a Bobby Jack clothing line that's really cute. DD has moved on to the junior section now, but I always enjoyed finding stuff for her at JcPenny.

justwinnie
12-14-2008, 01:34 PM
You can try gymboree.com, gap.com and oldnavy.com

They both only have children's plus sizes on-line. I'm not sure about return policies though. I know that gymbo pants run real long.

As for sewing machines, if you're only using it for simple hemming, one under $100 should suffice. Check sears, target or walmart. My target sometimes has them on clearance too.

mtaaja
12-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Lands End has plus sized girls clothes. Look in the "overstocks" section and you can get them for a good price. Generally, there are free shipping codes too.

reenie1
12-14-2008, 02:17 PM
My Target has inexpensive but cute plus jeans for girls.

MommaSnowwhite
12-14-2008, 02:18 PM
We love JcPenny because they have a great selection!

Cinderelly5507
12-14-2008, 02:19 PM
I wore the JCPenney 1/2 size jeans when I was younger... I'd check there... :goodvibes

patsal
12-14-2008, 02:22 PM
When I had a similiar problem with DD we always had great luck with Sears and Lands End. Penney's and Levis' were always so much longer than DD was tall. Sears brand Canyon River Blues were always DD's favorite.

angeleigh
12-14-2008, 02:30 PM
DD is 6 going on 7 in February. It is hard to find her any pants that fit. Usually we get her capris in a size 10!! She needs the the width and the length is ok because they are capris. Well, the weather is getting colder and she can no longer wear her capris. Its time for some pants.
Yesterday, while shopping at Khols, I found her Levi's, adjustable size 8 1/2 plus, Stretch Flare jeans for 19.99. These pants gave her room in the waist but, I just spent 2 hours hemming 3 inches off the bottom.:scared1:

DD hasnt worn long pants in over 2 years. DH and I think they look great on her. So, where else can I find plus size jeans?

I'm also thinking about investing in a sewing machine. Any budget recommendations? I would onle use it to make alterations on the kids clothes. TIA!!

Sears also has plus size jeans for girls.

jama
12-14-2008, 02:40 PM
limited too has half size pants...bigger in waist ,shorter in length

Catrin
12-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Old Navy online also has Girls Plus Sizes.

Catrin

Tink-n-MrIncredible
12-14-2008, 03:15 PM
JC Penney for everything, LT2 and Wal-Mart for shirts.

tinkntraining
12-14-2008, 03:37 PM
It's not cheap, but many Deb stores have plus sizes for kids, too -- JC Penney's is always top of my list. I think they go up to 20 1/2 (XXL) on shirts, and maybe even in pants.

Cloud9
12-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Target has plus size girl jeans & they have the pull elastic in the waistband for a better fit. They were pretty inexpensive.

kimmtd
12-14-2008, 05:51 PM
We usually do Target, cheap and often on sale! My dd needs the room of the 1/2 size (especially in the backside) and Target jeans have the adjustable waist so they stay up! They come in basic jean colors. I too have to hem them, dd is long waisted, short legged> love the sewing machine for this! We go to the local craft stores to find iron-ons or such to dress up the plain jeans making them fun and pretty!

We also get 1/2 sizes from Walmart (often with adjustable waist!) and Sears & JC Pennys. I like Penny's jeans, but no adjustable waist and dd is not good with keeping them up with a belt.

madge
12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Gymboree & Crazy 8

eyeheartgoofy
12-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I take DD to a seamstress who does a beautiful job hemming pants for $5 a pair. They don't look "hemmed" when they are done ... she has even reattached bows and other embellishments (for an additional fee, of course). Sewing is an exercise in frustration for me.

mickeygaga
12-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Kohls.com has more plus sizes than their stores offer. Our Kohl's doen't even carry plus. Today I had trouble finding a pair of cute 12 1/2 size dress pants for dd at JC penneys. I actually got her a pair of size 6 petite in the ladies area.

nena
12-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Thank you for all the great suggestions. I will be trying JcPenney and Sears tomorrow, when I hope the mall will be less crowded. :goodvibes

Crystal0608
12-14-2008, 07:19 PM
My dd is 8 & wears 10 plus jeans and 12 1/2 plus or 14 tops. She has been wearing plus size since she was 6 and started out wearing 6X/7 plus from The Childrens Place online. She is tall for her age, so she usually wears a size up in plus, but the length is ok. Gap is my favorite plus brand for the best fit, but we also buy JC Penneys (these have the cool rhinestones & belts, on sale recently for $14.99), Target (usually $9.99 & folded) , Covington (Sears) & Limited 2 (though they run looong). Walmarts plus still run too snug on dd's waist & thighs. I've also saw them on the Crazy 8 website for cheap recently. I shop year round at thrifts & yard sales for plus jeans, even in bigger sizes since my fave brand retails $$$ for new.

I know you didn't ask about tops, but I run into the issue wear if a long sleeve shirt isn't plus size & I get a bigger size, the sleeves run really long. I've found 3/4 sleeve tunic shirts fit more like long sleeve & have more growing room.

staley7580
12-14-2008, 07:46 PM
My Target has inexpensive but cute plus jeans for girls.
This is where we got most of the jeans I buy for DD..
We love JcPenny because they have a great selection!

JCPenneys is great too! Especially when they are having a huge sale, I got a bunch of cute stuff then.

Taylor'sMom
12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I have the same issue with my daghter and have had things hemmed. Capris are great, but I've found some pants that are meant to be the "high-water" type (longer than a Capri) are just right to be a full-length pant on her when I get the larger waist size. The GAP had some ADORABLE ones in denim, brown and black that are now on clearance for $4.99 or so. They have 2 buttons on the base of each leg... really cute and can't beat the price! It may be worth a drive to your nearest GAP or GAP outlet. She gets compliments on them ALL THE TIME and no one has a clue that they are meant to be shorter than a full-length.

Aristomommy
12-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Limited 2 has half sizes which do not add lenght, just width. They are currently offering buy one get one free all throughout the store, and I found some jeans $19.99. That would be $10 per pair if you can find two 1/2 size jeans.

bucket o' butter
12-15-2008, 05:40 AM
My daughter has always worn the plus size clothing. We bought most of it at JC Penney. They have a great selection at most stores and they have some fantastic sales. I usually bought dd's jeans in March and April for about $5 - $6 when they were clearanced out. I like them because they are the "in" clothes. It is very hard to find clothes that look like all the regular size girls are wearing and when they get to be about 8 or 9, that is an issue unfortunately. I would keep a look out at Penney's for their buy one get one for $.99 sale. They just had one going and with that offer each pair of jeans comes to about $17 a pair. Good Luck!

BeckyScott
12-15-2008, 05:56 AM
Both of my boys wear "husky" jeans and they are always too long. And the boys are just "husky" they aren't "rotund". :lmao:

I always buy the jeans with the adjustable elastic inside, you can cheat the waist size better that way.

But just a heads-up that even plus-size jeans may be too long for her. I used to always roll the bottoms, thinking maybe the boys would grow and then the jeans would be too short, but it hasn't happened yet.

momejay
12-15-2008, 07:15 AM
I have always found success at Sears for jeans for my plus size gals. They even have Levis. JC Penny also has plus size stuff, but I've found less of a selection there, but sometimes better quality clothing. I always check both stores.
My chubbette is a bit bigger & I also had success at Old Navy, but I had to order online.
Good Luck!

stephgly
12-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I have always had good luck with Children's Place and Target for plus size jeans.