PDA

View Full Version : halloween at the fort

mvlimmex
12-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone,

We just spent a couple of days at the Fort after our Disney cruise and had a great time. We plan on coming again at the end of OCt next year after our cruise again and were wondering if there is anything that goes on that is special during Halloween. We were wondering if it would be worth it to spend an extra day at the fort on Halloween. Is there trick or treating or do kids wear their costumes? Any special activities going on. Since we will be missing Halloween at home, I thought maybe we could spend that day at the Fort if there is something special going on.

Thanks,

Vicki

2goofycampers
12-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I think this will give you lots of info, if you have any more questions feel free.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2000297

NMK62303
12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Just wanted to say that we already booked for 2009 at the Fort, we had such a blast in 2008 that we can't imagine not being back for Trick or Treat next year! So many campers go all out with their decorations, we only had time to do two loops and our kids had such a blast. We got a late start, next year we will certainly be out and about by 5pm. All 5 of us dressed up (DH's birthday is on Halloween) and it was our best Halloween ever! Also -- Halloween wishes at the MK was spectacular on the beach and the music is piped in, followed by the water pageant. Just the various camper and golf cart decorations at the Fort alone are an attraction all to themselves!

I think that it would be a perfect end to your trip -- as for us it was much more fun than we ever had trick-or-treating at home!

mvlimmex
12-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi,
I want to thank you :thanks: both for your responses. We have decided to stay at the fort after our cruise over Halloween next year. The kids are excited to go trick or treating in the loops! Maybe we will see you at the Fort on Halloween!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Vicki

jimlin
12-30-2008, 05:24 AM
Two seasons ago we spent halloween at the fort. Enjoyed the extended hours at the parks. Was our first trip camping there. Not too many kids came around for candy since most were in the parks. Due to a recent accident we had to cancel our January 09 trip and rebook a 09 halloween trip. Halloween seemed to be a festive affair with great fireworks and very friendly staff.

Jim

Stinkerbell1973
12-31-2008, 02:10 PM
We were there over Halloween this year, and there is no place I would have rather been! We didn't go to any of the parks that day. We spent the morning tooling around the Fort, watched the pet parade, participated in some of the activities. Trick-or-treating started at 5, and ran til about 9 (I think). Then we went down to the beach for the 9pm fireworks and the water pageant. I contend that there is no place more festive on Halloween than the Fort. People go ALL OUT with their decorations, costumes, etc. It's definitely worth staying for Halloween.
I do know, too, that guests from other Disney properties came to the Fort to trick-or-treat.

phins_jazy
12-31-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm 99.9% sure that we're going to stay at the fort for Halloween 2009. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!! My oldest DD is BMX racing that weekend at Disneys Wide World of Sports Complex. May as well make a vacation out of it. :D

mrsscooter
01-01-2009, 08:19 PM
We are also going over Halloween this year.....its great to see that more and more people from here will bere there!!!

pezheadval
01-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Halloween is our favorite time of year to go to Disney World. They have the Not So Scary Halloween party (which is a blast), in the past we've done trick or treating at Downtown Disney, the weather is nice, the crowds are low...its great! We are thrilled to be going back this year. Just today we were trying to figure out what costumes we will be wearing.

we3peas
01-02-2009, 07:12 AM
We'll be there as well. Never been to the Fort during any holiday so it will be interesting to compare to the other times we've been when it is quieter. Hope it is everything that I've heard, if so we'll have a blast.

Bubba Kenobi
01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
HAlloween at the Fort is the best we had heard about it for years. We finally were able to go. If you go plan to stay in the campground that night it is better then being in the parks>

ORLCampers
01-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Our clan has made reservations as well after reading all the good reports here. Last year we stayed the weekend prior and feel like we missed out, so not this year.